Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

XM Radio Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XM Radio Problem

When I got the Cobalt back in late April I noticed that the XM stations did not come in very "clear". The music was very loud but the voices were very muddled, almost gargled. This did not bother me as I had not intended to keep XM after the 90 day free trial. (this did not happen to CD, AM/FM radio, or Ipod)

Well after using XM for a few weeks I decided to sign up for the service. I had hoped that the music would sound better after "offically" signing up (for all I knew I was on a "free" signal that was not as clear). Well needless to say it did not clear up after signing up, so after talking with the XM folks, I took it to the dealership.

Called the dealership and made the appt with the dealerships only "certified" XM guy. The morning of the appt, I dropped the car off at 7:30am and they had a rental car already waiting for me. I signed the paper work and went to work. That afternoon they called up and informed me that a wire had shorted out and had blew part of the receiver. They needed to order a new receiver and they would have it in the next morning. They let me keep the rental, as my dash was in my floor board, thus the car was not driveable. They get the part in and call me up around 3:30 the next day to tell me it is ready. I picked up the car at 4:15pm. Everything works great, I didnt have to pay for anything (except the rentals gas) and the car looks like it was never worked on.

Ok so why write this? Well I see all kinds of negative things on here about dealerships, so I thought I would write about my good experience. Overall I was very pleased with West Chevrolet's service
Old 07-26-2007, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by waduncan
When I got the Cobalt back in late April I noticed that the XM stations did not come in very "clear". The music was very loud but the voices were very muddled, almost gargled. This did not bother me as I had not intended to keep XM after the 90 day free trial. (this did not happen to CD, AM/FM radio, or Ipod)

Well after using XM for a few weeks I decided to sign up for the service. I had hoped that the music would sound better after "offically" signing up (for all I knew I was on a "free" signal that was not as clear). Well needless to say it did not clear up after signing up, so after talking with the XM folks, I took it to the dealership.

Called the dealership and made the appt with the dealerships only "certified" XM guy. The morning of the appt, I dropped the car off at 7:30am and they had a rental car already waiting for me. I signed the paper work and went to work. That afternoon they called up and informed me that a wire had shorted out and had blew part of the receiver. They needed to order a new receiver and they would have it in the next morning. They let me keep the rental, as my dash was in my floor board, thus the car was not driveable. They get the part in and call me up around 3:30 the next day to tell me it is ready. I picked up the car at 4:15pm. Everything works great, I didnt have to pay for anything (except the rentals gas) and the car looks like it was never worked on.

Ok so why write this? Well I see all kinds of negative things on here about dealerships, so I thought I would write about my good experience. Overall I was very pleased with West Chevrolet's service
awesome and yes some experiences can be a joy. good thing you subscribed and got it checked out it may have ended up killing the rest of whatever else it was connected to.