Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

You know I'm getting pissed off...

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 09:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Rally has been waiting quite awhile for his guage from possily the same vendor,rallay=engaged.lol
Old 01-11-2007, 09:12 PM
Banned

Old 01-11-2007, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by NJHK
Even still, it has nothing to do with them. Maybe you'd have to actually converse with vendors and understand their point of views and their situations. I talk to 2 main vendors all the time (Fred @ SMG & Scott @ Cobalt Performance Parts) and I know what they are going through. They sometimes have their hands tied about situations. They have no type of control when a company tells them "we'll have them out tomorrow" and then a week later they don't. Makes them look bad because people like yourself can't understand that. If you had gotten your items in the mail today, you wouldn't be making this thread...it's not where it's coming from, it's about the delay on the manufacturers part.

They have your ordered processed, they are just waiting on the manufacturer to ship it. They aren't goint to cancel your order because they WILL ship it out to you. If you can't handle the delay, cancel your order and order elsewhere. Simple as that.
I see where both, NJHK and glockglade, are coming from. However, CA should have never told him that they had them in stock, which would mean to many customers and myself, that they would be ready to ship as well. They should have a given a time range, like 3-5 business days or 7-10 business days. That way there, CA would be covering themselves if there was a delay with the manufactureer getting the gauges shipped out. If it came in earlier than expected, then the customer would think, "wow, what great service". I have to agree with glockade on this one. Hope everything works out fine and you get your gauges soon.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DTM2188
I see where both, NJHK and glockade, are coming from. However, CA should have never told him that they had them in stock, which would mean to many customers and myself, that they would be ready to ship as well. They should have a given a time range, like 3-5 business days or 7-10 business days. That way there, CA would be covering themselves if there was a delay with the manufactureer getting the gauges shipped out. If it came in earlier than expected, then the customer would think, "wow, what great service". I have to agree with glockade on this one. Hope everything works out fine and you get your gauges soon.
Even still, it's in the hands of the manufacturer. Trust and believe, they aren't the only company who does this.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:22 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 271 Likes on 184 Posts
Even still, it's in the hands of the manufacturer. Trust and believe, they aren't the only company who does this.
And those companies are the ones that don't get repeat business or good referrals. Plain english, "say what you mean and mean what you say."
Old 01-11-2007, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by victory_red_SS
And those companies are the ones that don't get repeat business or good referrals. Plain english, "say what you mean and mean what you say."
I was referring to that they don't have their own items but they get items from manufacturers who have them "in stock", so they reflect what the manufacturers say or what the warehouses that they get their items from say.

So just because they don't have it at their location doesn't mean that the item isn't in stock from their supplier.

The fact of the matter is that he's angry about his delay of shipping because if he got it on time, he wouldn't be complaining about why C-A didn't send it from their location.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:45 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 271 Likes on 184 Posts
....The fact of the matter is that he's angry about his delay of shipping .......
No Adam, he is mad because "they" (insert vendors name) said "they" had it in stock.
If I say "I" am banging your girlfriend, I don't expect "you" to think that I mean "you" are banging your girlfriend.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:48 PM

No Adam, he is mad because "they" (insert vendors name) said "they" had it in stock.
If I say "I" am banging your girlfriend, I don't expect "you" to think that I mean "you" are banging your girlfriend.
I wish I had a girlfriend right about now...

From his statement, they listed as being in stock, he talked to the guy about his order they said that the manufacturer is shipping it to them and he asked if they had any in stock and they said yes. Whether the 2nd time they meant in possession or not, I don't know. Them saying it's in stock is like I said, they go according to what the manufacturer tells them.

And like I said, if he got his item on time, this wouldn't be an issue of who sends it to him.

Overall, this shouldn't be some public knowledge, this should be private between him and them. It's only been a damn week for god sakes and he actually talked to them and got an answer. Seriously...
Old 01-11-2007, 09:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by g5mike
I think Rally has been waiting quite awhile for his guage from possily the same vendor,rallay=engaged.lol
Damn you Mike.

Yes i'm waiting for my gauge from a vendor from this site but seeing as a vendors name was never clearly said I cant say for one or another if its the same.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:49 PM
Banned

Great
Old 01-11-2007, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by rallyyellow06
Damn you Mike.

Yes i'm waiting for my gauge from a vendor from this site but seeing as a vendors name was never clearly said I cant say for one or another if its the same.
He said it was Cobalt-Addiction on another thread...those posts were deleted. He let it out of the bag.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:52 PM
Banned

Ghey
Old 01-11-2007, 10:35 PM
Banned

He said it was Cobalt-Addiction on another thread...those posts were deleted. He let it out of the bag.
What? Who?

We dont know what vendor your talking about Adam. A different thread could have been somone else.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by rallyyellow06
What? Who?

We dont know what vendor your talking about Adam. A different thread could have been somone else.
LOL

Nevermind, it's from JDP Products Inc. then
Old 01-11-2007, 10:39 PM

thats why u go to AEROFORCE gauges directly.. one of the two gauges i got was messed up and they fixed it for free and repaid me for shipping the busted one out..usually if u cut the middle man out you cut out osme of the bulk price.. i did.. when i looked for a dual set for my saturn evey other web site's quotes were 50 dollars less but no free shipping..and where i was located they wanted like 60 dollars to ship. i said **** that.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:40 PM
Banned

60 dollars to ship
Old 01-11-2007, 10:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, all I did was drive home from work and this thread is 3 pages deep.
amazing
Old 01-11-2007, 10:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
THis is called Drop Shipping, please go to google and search for this. It is not economically feasible for small guys to start with stock and thus drop shipping is absolutely necessary.

Drop Shipping is exactly like having your own warehouse and in theory he DOES HAVE THESE IN STOCK (you use too much caps btw) because the warehouse should be shipping these ASAP per his agreement with them. This being said, he has done what he can do by placing the order and requesting shipment. It is up to the warehouse to send them promptly, he is probably stressed out about this also. I know when this happens to me it is stressful and I look for new vendors.

Ryan
Old 01-11-2007, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by BallsoutBalt
Wow, all I did was drive home from work and this thread is 3 pages deep.
amazing
I know, I can't believe its not locked yet!
Old 01-11-2007, 10:51 PM

Has nothing to do with C-A. It's all on the manufacturer.
It wasn't the manufacturer that told him they had it in stock, it was the company.

"In stock" means IN STOCK. If you are telling your customers that you have something in stock then it meeds to be in the exect same place you are or you need to tell the customer "I can get it very soon". If you don't then you are a liar, and not providing any kind of customer service.

I'm sorry NJHK, I'm really not trying to start sh*t w/ you, but I see why the guy is upset. I think he has every right to be.

I managed a store and when someone asked me if I had a part in stock, I would NEVER say "Yes, I have that here, Now let me get is from someplace else."

Its just bad buisness man.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by boostbalt
THis is called Drop Shipping, please go to google and search for this. It is not economically feasible for small guys to start with stock and thus drop shipping is absolutely necessary.

Drop Shipping is exactly like having your own warehouse and in theory he DOES HAVE THESE IN STOCK (you use too much caps btw) because the warehouse should be shipping these ASAP per his agreement with them. This being said, he has done what he can do by placing the order and requesting shipment. It is up to the warehouse to send them promptly, he is probably stressed out about this also. I know when this happens to me it is stressful and I look for new vendors.

Ryan
I think this was the point that Adam was getting at. Well said.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:54 PM

Ryan

You are right, but being that it is exactly (Kinda) like having your own warehouse, you have to accept responsibility as if it was your own, when the wearhouse Fu*Ks up.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:55 PM

Ryan
THANK YOU! FINALLY!
Old 01-11-2007, 10:55 PM

Hey I ordered something from C-A on Monday for the first time, I have not gotten any emails or shipment notices from them. Should I be worried or is this normal? Most places send me an email the next day saying they shipped it out or something.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BallsoutBalt
You are right, but being that it is exactly (Kinda) like having your own warehouse, you have to accept responsibility as if it was your own, when the wearhouse Fu*Ks up.
Yes I agreee, when one of my warehouses ***** up I take blame and I send the next 2 - 3 orders with free express shipping since this is what made them upset the first time! I know dropshipping can be stressful when the warehouse does not come through on their end.

Ryan

Quick Reply: You know I'm getting pissed off...