Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

You know I'm getting pissed off...

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What did you order?
Old 01-11-2007, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by BallsoutBalt
It wasn't the manufacturer that told him they had it in stock, it was the company.

"In stock" means IN STOCK. If you are telling your customers that you have something in stock then it meeds to be in the exect same place you are or you need to tell the customer "I can get it very soon". If you don't then you are a liar, and not providing any kind of customer service.

I'm sorry NJHK, I'm really not trying to start sh*t w/ you, but I see why the guy is upset. I think he has every right to be.

I managed a store and when someone asked me if I had a part in stock, I would NEVER say "Yes, I have that here, Now let me get is from someplace else."

Its just bad buisness man.
I understand this and the drop shipping posts. If I heard the the words "in stock", I would think that they had the item in their possession and would ship ASAP. If they have the drop ship arrangment, then I would hope that they would say something like, "I don't have it in the the store, but I'm looking at my supplier database and they have it in stock; if you pay now, I can have them ship it from there." Hopefully, vendors make this clear.

I've been waiting for my intake now for 3 weeks. I understand its the holidays and stuff. As long as I have communcation with the vendor, I am not worried. I've emailed them 3 times, once per week to check on the status. Prompt reply followed.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Allshot
What did you order?
I ordered a 2 gauge Autometer pillar pod.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NJHK
We already know vendor it is because you complained about it in the WRONG thread to even be mentioning it...so this whole unnamed bs is lame. You're talking about Cobalt Addiction and you made it clear as day light.
LOL. Uh I didn't know untill you said it.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
When I drop ship my delivery time is 5 - 7 business days with regular postage. Items can arrive after 3 days, or 4 days, but I promise 5 - 7. This should be the maximum time you wait for a drop ship item. 3 weeks is rediculous.

I even dropship with warehouses inside of Canada where the postage system is slower and they are 6-8 days!

Ryan
Old 01-11-2007, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by smartmlp
Hey I ordered something from C-A on Monday for the first time, I have not gotten any emails or shipment notices from them. Should I be worried or is this normal? Most places send me an email the next day saying they shipped it out or something.

I have always gotten great service from them. Just shoot them an e-mail.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:01 PM

Im sorry Adam, I have all the respect for you, but I strongly disagree with you.
in stock means that they are being stocked on a shelf in a warehouse somewhere owned by the vendor, not the manufacturer. the reason to do this is for situations such as this, where the manufacturer cannot guarantee delivery.

i have never ordered anything from C-A, and will probably have pushed my cobalt over a cliff long before i order anything from them (thats supposed to be a shot at my car, not C-A). with that said, if i was in the position of the vendor, i would probably work a hell of a lot harder for someone who was being patient, and understanding even if they calmly expressed their disconcern.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It wasn't the manufacturer that told him they had it in stock, it was the company.

"In stock" means IN STOCK. If you are telling your customers that you have something in stock then it meeds to be in the exect same place you are or you need to tell the customer "I can get it very soon". If you don't then you are a liar, and not providing any kind of customer service.

I'm sorry NJHK, I'm really not trying to start sh*t w/ you, but I see why the guy is upset. I think he has every right to be.

I managed a store and when someone asked me if I had a part in stock, I would NEVER say "Yes, I have that here, Now let me get is from someplace else."

Its just bad buisness man.
I fully understand what you're saying but the fact of the matter is that you managed a store where you have a stock. Alot of these guys don't have space like that to do this so they rely on what is instock from their warehouse supplier. This is what they mean by "in stock". I mean, if that upsets you, be upset at most of the vendors here because most of them do drop shipping.

Not starting anything but the point is this should be handled privately, not on a forum board.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Roadrunner
Im sorry Adam, I have all the respect for you, but I strongly disagree with you.
in stock means that they are being stocked on a shelf in a warehouse somewhere owned by the vendor, not the manufacturer. the reason to do this is for situations such as this, where the manufacturer cannot guarantee delivery.

i have never ordered anything from C-A, and will probably have pushed my cobalt over a cliff long before i order anything from them (thats supposed to be a shot at my car, not C-A). with that said, if i was in the position of the vendor, i would probably work a hell of a lot harder for someone who was being patient, and understanding even if they calmly expressed their disconcern.
It's all good but like I said, be upset all ALOT of the vendors here who do drop shipping. It's not cost effective to buy in bulk and it is extremely expensive. Do you guys really think they have every product that they sell in hand? You have to think cost effectively. This is why they do drop shipping.

If the "in stock" matter is a problem, you guys shouldn't be pissed at just C-A, be pissed at TONS of shops and companies who do drop shipping.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:05 PM

Hate to be the Boy Scout here but 3 things

No flaming or trolling - Be respectful of other posters and please keep discussions tasteful. Do not make posts that incite arguments, or any post that turns to arguments and flame wars. Posts of this nature will not be tolerated and can result in the immediate closing, deletion, or editing of the post and the suspension of the posting member's account.

Conflicts – All conflicts should be resolved in private via PM, email, or IM. Do not drag your personal conflicts on the forums. Do not make prejudicial or hateful remarks, threats of physical or other harm, threats concerning personal data, or objectionable language.

Buyer Beware - Buying, selling, and trading has inherent risks. All buying, selling, and trading on this forum is conducted at the member's own risk. CobaltSS.net bears no responsibility for any dealings undertaken among its members. We cannot guarantee the ability of any seller to complete any transaction, not guarantee the quality of any items sold by any seller. It is strongly recommended that you use C.O.D. or an online escrow service. Always use common sense and do research on the product and the seller before making any deal.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:06 PM

to me DROP SHIPPING is not the same as IN STOCK, maybe this is just an opinion, or maybe it is correct, did C-A specify that it was IN STOCK or DROP SHIPPING? it may not be the most cost effective way of doing business to keep it in stock, but IN STOCK is in stock, drop shipping (cost effective or not) is not.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by NJHK
I fully understand what you're saying but the fact of the matter is that you managed a store where you have a stock. Alot of these guys don't have space like that to do this so they rely on what is instock from their warehouse supplier. This is what they mean by "in stock". I mean, if that upsets you, be upset at most of the vendors here because most of them do drop shipping.

Not starting anything but the point is this should be handled privately, not on a forum board.

No ur right man, they do have a different deffinition of in stock. But they need to relate to the customer. OR if they know their Def is different then they SHOULD (in a perfect world) expain it better to the cust, instead of playing word games to make a buck.

About handeling it privatly: I do agree with you, but, I think you were the one who let that cat out of the bag. He never mentioned the Companies name IN THIS THREAD.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:11 PM

on another note, although in a way i am agreeing with the original poster about being told that it was in stock and not having it in stock, i dont agree with posting your dissatisfaction with the company.
cobalt addiction in particular posts regularly, and rarely to advertise (from what i have seen anyway). they are likely reasonable people that would be receptive to suggestions, comments, and (polite) complaints. but thats just my 0.02
Old 01-11-2007, 11:13 PM

i know that feeling about being lied to
b4 i got my cobalt i was driving a Mitsubishi 3000gt SL and i order a carbon fiber hood from a local speed shop "Speed Zone" and he said about 3 weeks so i paid $800 for it and i waited 4 weeks and still no hood then i asked him he said that it will be in in 1 week
so i decided to wait and still no hood after about 6 weeks i got really pissed and i went in and confronted the manager and asked wtf are you guys trying to run here. He said that it was lost in shipping and they would look for it. I was pissed to i called the manufactur Seibon and they said that they haven't got an order from Speed Zone in lakewood in 5 years. I asked again was he sure he said yes and gave me speed zone's phone number.
So i got pissed went down there again and had me and my friends talk to them and they said they order from their supplier who gets it from his supplier who gets it from the wherehouse that the manufacturer sends it to. so its like 5 ppl in the middle. SO i got pissed and cancled the order. They gave me back $625 of $800 for a 20% restocking fee (it never came u can't charge me the restocking fee) so i told all my friends never to go there again and i still go there and tell potential customers to go some place else. all they can do is ask me to leave and i do.

But the good news its i took my money and went online found one in oregon at a speed shop and they sent it over night for $650. and bam i was set.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:13 PM

No ur right man, they do have a different deffinition of in stock. But they need to relate to the customer. OR if they know their Def is different then they SHOULD (in a perfect world) expain it better to the cust, instead of playing word games to make a buck.

About handeling it privatly: I do agree with you, but, I think you were the one who let that cat out of the bag. He never mentioned the Companies name IN THIS THREAD.
He didn’t but others did and with no objection he acknowledging who it is.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:19 PM

Actually I re-though that.
How many times have people posted threads about dissatisfaction with other companies?
We all bag on GM all the time (Denny has it in his sig for God sake!) Ad there re plenty of other threads out there that bad mouth various other companies, please don't ask me to provide proof, you all should have seen these in the past.

So maybe I'm not understanding. When a campany is a vendor on here does that protect them? (And I am really asking you guys this, not trying to be a smart ass.)
Old 01-11-2007, 11:22 PM

Actually I re-though that.
How many times have people posted threads about dissatisfaction with other companies?
We all bag on GM all the time (Denny has it in his sig for God sake!) Ad there re plenty of other threads out there that bad mouth various other companies, please don't ask me to provide proof, you all should have seen these in the past.

So maybe I'm not understanding. When a campany is a vendor on here does that protect them? (And I am really asking you guys this, not trying to be a smart ass.)
True but GM doesnt pay SS.net as far as i know the one this thread is flaming a company that does support this site.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by NightriderCobaltSS
True but GM doesnt pay SS.net as far as i know the one this thread is flaming a company that does support this site.
o.k guy's. Am closing this one up for obvious reasons.