Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

ZZP PCM flash sticker on the back

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 08:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ZZP PCM flash sticker on the back

Hey guys I just recently shipped my PCM off to ZZP in order to have the ZZP 1.0 LSJ PCM flash done on my factory PCM from my 2005 Cobalt SS/SC. I emailed ZZP with my question however while I'm waiting to hear back I was hoping that you guys could help.

I made sure to fill out my order perfectly without any mistakes & just now I went back to check again & everything was perfect I didn't make any mistakes in filling it out. I also gave ZZP my vin # & I sent them my own factor core rather than getting a new one & having to deal with the CASE learn.

Anyhow I got my PCM back today I was looking at the ZZP sticker that they put on the back of your PCM basically saying what was done. Below is what my sticker says.

06 C SS i 42# 5261 Injencai m.t. 50%

Below that it has my last name & my order # which I did confirm is the correct order #.

I can make out what most of this stuff means however I could use your help with the rest.

So as you can see it starts off with 06 C SS I'm assuming this means 2006 Cobalt SS ? If I'm correct my concern is with the year 06. My car is a 2005 & again I did check & it does show where I selected 2005 for the year of my car. I'm hoping this won't be to big of a problem since the 05 & 06 Cobalts are both SC & basically the same however I'm not sure.

After that it says i 42# 5261 which I'm assuming is referring to my injector size which would be correct because I'm running the black stage 2 size 42 injectors however I'm not sure what the 5261 stands for. After that it says Injencai which I know is referring to my Injen cold air intake so that part is correct however after that it says m.t 50% I know that the 50% is probably referring to the 50% less boost option in 1st gear which would be correct because I did select that option however what in the heck does the m.t. Stand for ????

I hope it doesn't stand for Meth injection tweaked because my car does not run the E85 or meth injection it's not even set up for that it only runs the 93 octane premium regular gas which again is what I put on my order.

Below is a screen shot of my order. Any help or advice that you guys could give on this would be great thanks! photo14.jpgphoto767.jpgphoto321.jpg
Old 06-08-2016, 08:20 PM

Now that I'm looking at this closer I'm thinking that the m.t 50% stands for manual transmission 50% boost reduction in 1st gear. I hope I'm right.

If so I'm still concerned with them flashing my PCM as an 06 when it's an 05
Old 06-09-2016, 10:05 PM

So ZZP did say that they flashed my PCM as a 2006 Cobalt because they said that my PCM is from a 2006 ?? I am the 2nd owner of my car I bought it when it was 3 years old so I guess there's a chance that the previous owner could have installed a 2006 PCM but I'm not sure why they would do that ?

ZZP said that my car will start & run fine with the 06 core however they did say that my fuel gauge will flip so full will be empty & empty will be full. Again I don't understand how this could be possible when I have had this same PCM in my car for the past 8 years & ive never had an issue with my gas gauge or anything for that matter.

Any advice that you guys could give would be great thanks
Old 06-09-2016, 10:28 PM

Received 84 Likes on 69 Posts
Install it and see.

Send it back and make them fix it if it's wrong.