Rebel Auto Worxs Rebel Auto Worxs is a proud Supporting Vendro of CobaltSS.net.
Contacts: Eng@RebelAutoWorxs, Sales@rebelautoworxs, Tech@RebelAutoWorxs

Another warning to you all!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 11:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Another warning to you all!!!!!

Okay, so I started off by buying the rebel stage 1 kit from Mase. He said that he would install it and tune it at the track for the purchase price, which sounded good to me. Then I had to be deployed to Greenland for 3 weeks and I asked him if it would be okay if I just went to his shop, picked up the parts (installed then myself), got my PCM tuned and the came back the next month for the track tuning because I was kind of short on cash and wanted the kit for the JCO bash. We agreed and proceeded with that plan.

I installed the kit properly, and even cross checked with Mase to ensure it was done properly. I stated up that car and immediately had a code pop up. The first one I got was a crankshaft system relearn, which was followed by a rich code and a couple of misfire codes. I contacted Mase, he didn't reply until I got real mad with him, and we came to the agreement that those codes were liveable until we tuned in on the track next month.

After I had the kit for about 2 weeks I noticed that the car was running worse then I initially thought. There was black smoke pouring out of the exhaust on hard acceleration, When I drove normally the car would chug slightly when it was cold, When I drove hard the car was retarding it timing because there is to much engine knock, And the idle was bouncy which caused the car to stall at some stoplights.

I contacted Mase again, he didn't reply until I posted up all this info about his shitty kit up on this site and ontariocobaltclub.com. When he did call me we made arrangements to tune the kit at Cayuga on the 27th of June. I was told by a lot of people the he won't show up, or have some kind of excuse to bail out on fixing my car. And they were right.

I called him up on the Thursday before the 27th to confirm everything. He then called me back saying that his cars clutch is broke a week ago, and that there is a race event at Cayuga on the 27th and he won't be able to tune me. Turns out that he never checked the track schedule before he made that appointment and never called me to cancel.

So then I just lost it, I have a very busy schedule. And he was trying to convince me into making another appointment for the July 11,12th weekend. So therefore my car would go another 2 weeks running like **** before he could fix it. I told him to **** off and demanded at least $100 to pay GM to flash my PCM with the stage 2 that I was running before his kit. He flat out said no, and that he could only give me a $50 refund. He then suggested that I still come down on Saturday so he can tune my car a bit, but not properly. And if the car still ran like **** after that he would have to charge me to tune my car again.

So here I am, with half of a kit that cost me $600, and now I have to pay out of my own pocket to fix his **** up.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-25-2009, 11:28 PM

damn rebel whats your all problem? Fix this mans car damn.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:37 PM

how is this company still a supporting vendor? I *never* hear good stories coming from this section of the site...
Old 06-26-2009, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Johnboy12358
how is this company still a supporting vendor? I *never* hear good stories coming from this section of the site...
I agree, BAN the *******!!! www.ontariocobaltclub.com already has

I just checked the Cayuga Schedule and found out the the next time I would have available, and the time he suggested (July 11, 12), there is another event going on. So I have to wait till July 25th or 26th to fix the car.

I guess the ******* didn't check the schedule again.

Last edited by Red07Coupe; 06-26-2009 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-26-2009, 09:53 PM

If you go to the Cayuga Website, you will see there is no event for July 3rd weekend. If you like I can post the Website for you.
Again we tried to help you evan, but you are being difficult, you feel as if your the only one working and expect us all to work around your schedule.
You have been going back and forth with your emails, and everytime you change your mind, first you said our tune was bad, then you said it wasnt that you wanted a refund, then you said you wanted to take this to a higher level and now you are settling for our terms.

Originally Posted by Red07Coupe
I agree, BAN the *******!!! www.ontariocobaltclub.com already has

I just checked the Cayuga Schedule and found out the the next time I would have available, and the time he suggested (July 11, 12), there is another event going on. So I have to wait till July 25th or 26th to fix the car.

I guess the ******* didn't check the schedule again.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:08 PM

No there is no even scheduled for July 3rd, but as I told Rebel last night on the phone, I work for the military, I work that weekend, and I cannot just change my schedule with little notice. I'm not going to change my whole schedule to accomodate you after all this **** you put me through.

We agreed on a tune date of July 27th, but apparently something came up a week prior but you failed to contact me to change the date. I had to call you the Thursday night before.

What I wanted was very simple, if you can't fix my car on the date you scheduled, I want a refund to pay someone who can.

I'm not being difficult, I simply just want the kit I payed for to work right. Everything I posted is the truth, and you didn't disagree to that in your last post. I did threaten a civil court case, but I figured I would save you and me the time and money and settle it now at the lowest level.

I'm settleing on your terms because I want this whole thing will be finshed with, so I can go on with my life, and get my car tuned properly by a professional.

I'm in the Canadian Military and have completed 4 full tours in Afghanistan fighting along side our NATO allies to ensure the safety and securitry of my county, and many others. I purchased this kit with the money I made overseas as a end of tour gift to myself, and this is what Rebel Auto Worxs does to me.

This company is a real piece of work, thanks a lot rebel for the headache and my ongoing car problems. Now I have to pay out of pocket to fix his mistake.

Cpl Evan St.Cyr
8 Wing / CFB Trenton

Last edited by Red07Coupe; 06-26-2009 at 10:42 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:16 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 214 Likes on 173 Posts
Wow now their customer service is as good as their R&D!
Old 06-26-2009, 10:30 PM

Rebel sucks and this guy should get a complete refund for this crap. Sorry to hear about your car man. It should be a dream but D-bags have to mess things up and act like its not there fault.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by 07MetallicSC
Wow now their customer service is as good as their R&D!
Originally Posted by IamtheCobaltian
Rebel sucks and this guy should get a complete refund for this crap. Sorry to hear about your car man. It should be a dream but D-bags have to mess things up and act like its not there fault.
Thanks guys, I wish I could get a whole refund, now I'm stuck with half a stage kit that I payed full price for.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:20 AM

I hate D-bags in the car business. D-BAG!!!
Old 06-29-2009, 01:24 AM
I'm too JDM for you

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
******* lol that rebel acts like they are busy with something else. i wouldnt let you guys within 50 feet of my car, 100 feet if you had an hptuners cable in your hand
Old 06-29-2009, 01:29 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
I haven't heard the best things about Rebel at all. From what I've seen, nothing they've done really works. Glad when I had my SC I decided against them. =(

Sorry you had to go through this man.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:32 AM

Should have went with OTTP.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by Perfect.disguise
^^^ QFT
Old 06-29-2009, 02:01 AM
Jn2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ive only heard bad things from rebel...i would of never gone with them to begin with
Old 06-29-2009, 02:27 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

In there defense i bought their strut bar off the group by and it was good quality and i received it right away. ill give em that.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Perfect.disguise
I know, and guess what he refunded me to fix my car..... $50.... And the only reason I'm only getting that much is because I wanted to avoid a court case. So I bought his kit, installed it myself, he flashed my PCM, and now I have to take it out. So I ended up paying $550 for injectors, harness and a pulley
Old 06-29-2009, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

theres always the better buisness bureau too
Old 06-29-2009, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by 07MetallicSC
theres always the better buisness bureau too
Ya but all they do is send him a letter.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:31 AM

I say css.net should review all posts of negativity towards RAW and ban them accordingly.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by cgrammer
I say css.net should review all posts of negativity towards RAW and ban them accordingly.
I agree, we can even start an online petition and submit it to the execs. Its dosn't cost anything to do that.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Red07Coupe
I agree, we can even start an online petition and submit it to the execs. Its dosn't cost anything to do that.
Well, if that happens, I'll be signature #2 right after you.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by cgrammer
Well, if that happens, I'll be signature #2 right after you.
Keep an eye open
Old 06-29-2009, 11:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bbb!!!!!
Old 06-29-2009, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mazdaboi318
Bbb!!!!!
If I don't get my refund next week thats what I'll do. Along with starting a petition to get him banned as a supporting vendor

Quick Reply: Another warning to you all!!!!!