Rebel Auto Worxs Rebel Auto Worxs is a proud Supporting Vendro of CobaltSS.net.
Contacts: Eng@RebelAutoWorxs, Sales@rebelautoworxs, Tech@RebelAutoWorxs

Exclusive TWINSCREW Experience!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 06:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclusive TWINSCREW Experience!

I would not consider this thread bashing their company but more of a customers real experience with the company at hand.
I was one of the original 5 that put money down for the kit.
I have paid for the kit in full and still havent recieve a working kit.
It took me around nine months of waiting around with my money already put out for this kit, to recieve a defective product.
I would also like to add that before I even recieved the defective product, I was asking for a refund of my money because they were unable to produce a working product within a reasonable time period.
I was told by Rebel that, they had some minor complications with the design and fixed all the flaws and that I would be satisfied when I recieved my kit and that they are unable to give me a refund.
By the way, not only was it defective but caused damaged to occur to my car. Which Rebel agreed to compensate me for my damages, but then only sent me half of the money it cost me to replace everything it broke.
Which still means I'm also out of the money I put out to have my car professionally tuned.
As an upset customer, I took the twinscrew kit to be examined by a mechanical engineer.
Only because, I was starting to question the quality of the parts and the company I purchased it from.
The engineer told me the kit was machined and designed wrong and that the powder coating job looked to be more like a baked on paint job.
I tried going to the BBB of canada but since Rebel list no address or phone number its making it harder for them to contact them about the issues at hand. I also tried to dispute this on pay pal, but since their company kept making me false promises of a working kit the deadline to dispute has past.

As a bussiness owner myself, I believe in good customer service and working with good products. If I'm not able to offer my customer a working product that they already paid for, I'm going to give them their money back.
So in this thread I have included some of my personal emails with Rebel about this particular kit and my experiences with them as a company.
Giving you a chance to decide for yourself whats really going on with this kit.

I MUST SAY THIS ONCE AGAIN I AM NOT BASHING THEIR COMPANY.I POSTED THIS BECAUSE ON THIS BOARD I WAS LISTED AS ONE OF THEIR PAYING CUSTOMER AN ALSO WAS LISTED AS ONE OF THE ONLY TWO PEOPLE TO RECIEVE A KIT. BY ME NOT POSTING ABOUT THE ISSUES I EXPERIENCED I FEEL AS THOUGH MY SCLIENCE MAY LEAD TO ANOTHER CUSTOMER PUTTING OUT 3500 DOLLARS FOR THE SAME PAPER WEIGHT I RECIEVED.

Re: twinscrew

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomInIt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eng@RebelAutoWorxs
Hi Matt,

Ok I've spoke to Jim and he told me you have your head being ported and some dyno time booked up.

Now your parts are ready to ship but we have not tested the new seal as of yet. The snout we sent to 2K5SS/SC? had slight leak of oil so we will be sending him a new seal to test out.

I just don't want you to get this seal and have the same problem. I will still try to get everything done and get your items sent out this week but at the same time I don't want to rush anything.

Let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Meisam

The head should be ready for this week. I don't mind if you send everything out now and then send me the new seal later. I would like to get the dual pass installed while I still have time. I own my own company, work part time elsewhere and goto school full time starting on the 25th therefore no time.
I will put the charger on after I recieved the new seal. The dual pass is my main concern. NOPI nationals is on Sep. 15-16 in Atlanta, GA...one of the largest car shows! I will be there giving the twinscrew national exposure. Dyno time is set for the week of Aug 3-7 thats my deadines for the project.

thanks,
Matt

ok we tested the new seal, seems to work good. The only thing we didn't like was the 2nd bearing in the snout is getting kind of hot. I've ordered a new type of bearing which will be in Thursday.
What is the latest you need the parts there for?

Re: twinscrew shipment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry Sir
We had a Bearing Failure on 2kss kit.
I didn't want to send it to you and have it Mess up. The last thing I needed
We Got Eveything together on thursday and I had a Death in the Family and wasn't able to ship it out.
I"m sorry about the Huge Delays. I Didn't wanna send it out with it being right.
We already Bought One Blower for 2kss Due to us being giving the wrong bearings and in turn Messing up a Blower.

The issues are resolved Now.
Yours is ready to ship tuesday.
I can't refund you on it. You can resell it,the best I can do.

Quote:
Hey Jim,

I have waited past my deadline and no longer able to do this project. I will have to get a refund on the kit.

Thanks,
Matt

Re: kit shipment

Quote:
Any word on shipment?
It was suppossed to be shipped out yesterday. I need a tracking number asap!
Hopefully this kit arrives in enough time to install before NOPI Nationals car show. If not I will be a very unsatisfied customer, since I bought this kit to be complete before this one huge car show.

your tracking number is ce 339 524 917 ca, it will be on canadapost.ca in 24hr.

we couldn't get you a surge tank so I will be refunding you the value.

You can get it here:

http://www.crateenginedepot.com/stor...ries-C221.aspx

you will need the cap aswell.

I need an email address to send the instructions to.

sorry for the inconvinience.

09-06-2007, 10:18 AM
Sales@rebelautoworxs
Supporting Vendor

Member #: 15018

Twin Screw Has been shipped

Not in the office. Trying toi get the tracking number for it.
It's on it's way

Again sorry about all the delays..
you'll be very happy when you open the box.

09-15-2007, 06:03 PM
Eng@RebelAutoWorxs
Supporting Vendor

Member #: 18080

Re: twin screw update!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------09-22-2007, 10:36 PM
Eng@RebelAutoWorxs
Supporting Vendor

Re: twin screw update!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
any updates?

well...

at first it started off like this

http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...t=840A0374.flv

after 4 hrs of paid tuning we noticed it started doing this..

http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...t=840A0375.flv

A mechanical engineer is inspecting the parts in detail this week. He examined them while they were running with the issues at hand. The engineer said without looking inside of it. It appears to be that the snout was designed with a deformity and ate away at the seal inside allowing it to leak oil.
I've talked to the other customer that purchased your kit, and he had said that was the issue he had, that your company was fixing. You told me that I would be satisfied with the product when I opened the box and I am definatly not since the issue wasn't fixed and has cost me, both finacial and mental stress. I will give you the engineers detailed diagnosis after that so you can adhear to a couple issues.
On another negative note; I missed my show, lost the registration money, hotel money, money for tunning, gas everything! I had to hunt down a new gasket to put my car back stock and my engine bay is covered in oil from the twinscrew. Which caused my belt to slip and tear and I now have to buy another one and have that replaced to.
I haven't posted anything in the forum because I thought I'd give you a chance first to explain why I had to endure this horrible experience due to a flaw in the products design, an what your going to do to help compensate this situation.

Please comply,
Matt B.

I'm sorry for the oil leak as we thought we had fix the problem.

We're going to do extensive testing now before anything else is sent out.

Can you have your 1200ax sent to PSE for inspection:

http://www.pse.us/contactus.htm

We will compensate you for your damages. What are you looking for? how about a new lower intake manifold which will flow better and require less boost to make more power.

You can compensate for the damages by returning my car back to normal prior to the disasterious snout oil leak. I need a new Underhood Blanket, belt, and shipping of the supercharger. I need an intake manifold gasket, since I already bought 2 that went to waste.

Thanks,
Matt

how much do you need for the above?

-

10-02-2007, 10:23 AM
Eng@RebelAutoWorxs
Supporting Vendor

Re: Damage report...

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Damage report...
$202.44 for the blanket, belt, and intake manifold at crate engine depot
$39.84 for the shipping

we owe you another $115, I can send you something instead if you like for the time being. How about this shipped:

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/showt...02#post1508802

No thanks on that...I just want my car back to the way it was prior to the install. I'm just down to much money to invest in something else at this time.

When does the retesting start?
When do you think will be the expected rerelease date?

Have you heard back from PSE yet?

we should have a new SC by next week, testing will start immediately

11-10-2007, 12:12 PM
Eng@RebelAutoWorxs
Supporting Vendor

Re: where to ship now?

Quote:
Being that the kit was flawed and all the damage that occured to my poor car due to the flaw in your design. and being that i asked for a refund long ago. and you told me that it wasnt possible but youd send me a working kit that id be satisfied with within that week, which only lead to extreme dissapointment,car damage and money lost.

Which might I add you still have not put the rest of the damage money in my pay pal account either. I paid $3000 for a working kit and still havent recieved one.An I have pics of the machined mess-ups that occured with this kit.Not only was their a flaw in the design whoever your company got to machine the parts did not know what they were doing. A mechanical engineer who is also a machinest showed me and told me the problems with the kit and the plates. And since its been months since then, and theres still no kit I'm willing to bet your company doesnt know whats wrong with it.
He also told me hes never seen a powder coating job done so horribly ever. I have refrained from postin the vast amount of negative information about the flaws in your design and my truthful opinion about your kit.Ive even gone as far as to try to post it on the board and sell it but everyone knows that your kit doesnt even work.
So on that note. Im giving you the option of giving me my refund now, and having me not tell the board all the issues and posting all the pictures and videos of it destroyin my car.Some of which you havent even seen yet.That will destroy your companys name on this forum and every other forum along with proceeding with legal action.The engineer also said he would post a discription of the mess and the bad quality of not only the machined parts but your design in his own words and if it came down to it he even offered his professional assistance in court.

On that note I hope to hear from you soon. So I can know if your just going to give me my refund since your company has not been able to offer a working product that was claimed to be working already.and then have me send the kit to you. And then you can send it to Pse to get the burnt blower repaired.

Thanks
Matthew Browning

Matt, if you want to threaten us with negative publicity, go ahead. But you will not get any more warrenty help from us. Look at the policy of all other companies

1. You must ship the product back at your own expense.
2. The product will be analyzed to make sure it was a defect.

It does not matter what the opinion of the engineer you know is unless he was involved in the design of the kit.

We tested this kit on a local car for 3 weeks with many dyno runs and street runs, with out any problems. I can turn around and blame yourself for the problems in respect to bad installation or harsh driving over long periods of time.

Now we are going to figure out the problems with the kit. We have our own test vehicle now and will do extensive testing on it. But we also have regular day to day work to do aswell, this is why things are taking long. We have no intension of scrapping this project and feel it will actually be a very popular item as it will make a lot more power than the new LNF Cobalt.

So just give us some time and we will have a product that is 100%. One of the reasons you got your product so early was because you wanted your car running ASAP for the auto show.

I would like some pictures and video of the TS you have and from there we can figure out if we want it send here, PSE or if it is ok for you to use.

Let me know what you want to do

-Rebel

Last edited by BoomInIt; 01-19-2008 at 06:23 PM. Reason: .
Old 01-19-2008, 06:15 PM

Not to mention your paid double of what the TVS will probably cost for an inferior product.

It's what happens when you do business with people that aren't a real solid company, just a bunch of guys that get together and try make some money.

Look what happened with Dan and other members with TNT Autosport.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:21 PM

hmmmmm thought i called something
Old 01-19-2008, 06:26 PM

we need a vendor problems section so people dont send money to vendors that may have bad service or lack customer service, such as cobaltperformanceparts...where people pay for products and never received them
Old 01-19-2008, 06:27 PM

Won't work. We have tried numerous times. This website protects paying vendors, even if they clearly rip customers off. Jonel just cares about the money he is bringing in.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:29 PM

i mean how many threads about wheres my CPP stuff at have to be posted ?
Old 01-19-2008, 06:29 PM

huh. im surprised this matt dude didnt even swear once! kept his cool when dealin with a fool.

thanks very much matt, i have been saving for a twin screw, but after reading this, im thinkin i'll take my cash and do some porting and polish of the head and blower.

bad news for rebel tho....
Old 01-19-2008, 06:30 PM

wow....bad rebal bad...............
i will not ever buy anything from you guys......

Originally Posted by redlineblueline
we need a vendor problems section so people dont send money to vendors that may have bad service or lack customer service, such as cobaltperformanceparts...where people pay for products and never received them
We brought that up to the admin here when TnT Autosport was ripping people off. It was quickly refuted on the basis the supporting vendor fees give the vendor protection against negative publicity on the forum.

Unless its Summit, Jegs, GMPP, etc. I have learned to stay clear of vendor reviews here. Only positive rep is allowed to stay so good luck getting an objective view on actual customer experiences.

oh yeah, i've bought everything for my ss/sc through turbo tech racing, never once had a problem. I think i'll keep all my business with them!
Old 01-19-2008, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by WSFrazier
Won't work. We have tried numerous times. This website protects paying vendors, even if they clearly rip customers off. Jonel just cares about the money he is bringing in.
There is no way for the cobalt site to predict company/customer issues, but they should have that section.
Cobaltss.net is only offering them advertising space, not crediblility.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:31 PM

This thread will be getting locked very soon BTW.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lolz, sux for you man but lolz
Old 01-19-2008, 06:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
bad to hear.....I hope you get the issue resolved man.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:35 PM

IBTL...

This is not good business.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:36 PM

yeah probally but it would be nice to know whos reliable to order from and who isnt...I've only ever heard good things about TTR, nate's pulleys, CED, and bwoodys good customer service some iffy products[endlinks] but any issues were resolved with the customers and they even offered it to be put on other forums so those are who i would spend my money on. just my opinion
Old 01-19-2008, 06:39 PM

I think Jonel should grow some ***** and protect us. There's no excuse for protecting people who don't take care of their customers. This is like teachers and tenure. If they're good, they don't need to be protected. I'm sure all of the reliable vendors on this site wouldn't care if mods allowed people to bring rational, polite complaints to their attention on here...
Old 01-19-2008, 06:40 PM

thanks for the heads up

sorry about your troubles
Old 01-19-2008, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Edubs
I think Jonel should grow some ***** and protect us. There's no excuse for protecting people who don't take care of their customers. This is like teachers and tenure. If they're good, they don't need to be protected. I'm sure all of the reliable vendors on this site wouldn't care if mods allowed people to bring rational, polite complaints to their attention on here...
Like we said, there was a very long thread about this subject when TnT starting ripping people off, and Jonel was strongly against it.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:41 PM

or the vendors should take care of it before it ends up on the forums

/sigh...I know what its like to deal with vendors like this...im still out money for my gauge...

This thread will prob be deleted within 24 hours...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't believe this crap. I am dealing with rebel now and this doesn't even effect my view of them like you would think.

1) They are completely upfront about testing of products and production. Everything they make is put right out there as a test product that you are funding development. It is part of a process and that is not hidden from anyone. A normal customer should expect that. It is part of working on cars. We try stuff out and make mistakes until it works.

2) You clearly rushed them into giving you a kit they knew wasn't working. Everything you show supports that more. They warned you indirectly that it wasn't ready to come out and you kept pushing. You got what you asked for.

3) Your experience does matter and I'm personally glad that you shared it; however, this is clearly vendor bashing. You even threatened them in your e-mail. Your sole intent as you said yourself was to ruin thier reputation because you were angry. You seem to have even turned down money and every attempt for them to help you out and make this right. Keep in mind too that you signed on to see this product through. If you weren't up to that you shouldn't have got involved. That is specifically why I stayed away, so it wasn't a secret when they posted and sold this kit.

Some vendors are bad, but with the rest of you... you need to stop blaming people developing products for us to use. If you don't want to help test something, wait until it is in full production. If you don't know, now you do. Rebel takes money so they can work on stuff, not so they can give you mass produced ready to go parts. I have never had a problem understanding that. Even at that though, if you did question this stuff why not ask up front? I do not start dealing with someone until I have all of this in writing and promised. They clearly seem to have never misled or lied to you about any of the process. This kind of stuff taken the wrong way has the potential to hurt the rest of us, so it is a very fine line to proceed with negative talk.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:45 PM

IMO, they had plenty of time to make a product. If a customer after a year wants their money back, they should get it.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:47 PM
Banned

THIS NEEDS TO BE LOCKED, this is simply trashing, take it up with the admins, and the company.

Quick Reply: Exclusive TWINSCREW Experience!