Rebel Auto Worxs Rebel Auto Worxs is a proud Supporting Vendro of CobaltSS.net.
Contacts: Eng@RebelAutoWorxs, Sales@rebelautoworxs, Tech@RebelAutoWorxs

Exclusive TWINSCREW Experience!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not to thread jack but wes are you guys going bowling tonight? /thread jack

any who i am a big beliver in customer satisfaction, if the product didnt perform as promised/expected i would want to be able to return it less a restocking fee
Old 01-19-2008, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by liolixli
I can't believe this crap. I am dealing with rebel now and this doesn't even effect my view of them like you would think.

1) They are completely upfront about testing of products and production. Everything they make is put right out there as a test product that you are funding development. It is part of a process and that is not hidden from anyone. A normal customer should expect that. It is part of working on cars. We try stuff out and make mistakes until it works.

2) You clearly rushed them into giving you a kit they knew wasn't working. Everything you show supports that more. They warned you indirectly that it wasn't ready to come out and you kept pushing. You got what you asked for.

3) Your experience does matter and I'm personally glad that you shared it; however, this is clearly vendor bashing. You even threatened them in your e-mail. Your sole intent as you said yourself was to ruin thier reputation because you were angry.

Some vendors are bad, but with the rest of you... you need to stop blaming people developing products for us to use. If you don't want to help test something, wait until it is in full production. If you don't know, now you do. Rebel takes money so they can work on stuff, not so they can give you mass produced ready to go parts. I have never had a problem understanding that. Even at that though, if you did question this stuff why not ask up front? I do not start dealing with someone until I have all of this in writing and promised. They clearly seem to have never misled or lied to you about any of the process. This kind of stuff taken the wrong way has the potential to hurt the rest of us, so it is a very fine line to proceed with negative talk.

I guess you missed the fact that everythings clearly dated, and when I asked him to send it early he declined and said he would send it when ALL the kinks were worked out.
AFTER that he sent me an email saying they worked all the issues out and everything was good to go and sent me a defective kit.
Which we all know is defective, because still to this day THEY CAN NOT PROVIDE A WORKING KIT.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by splitimage
THIS NEEDS TO BE LOCKED, this is simply trashing, take it up with the admins, and the company.
LOL you would say this matty. Youd feel differently if you were out almost 4k with nothing to show for it
Old 01-19-2008, 06:56 PM

Wow man, sorry to hear that.. i couldnt even image the frustration your going through.. Id be bald right now after going through that. Make sure you have a million pictures of every angle of the blower, inside and out.. Sorry to hear about that, I hope everything works out for the better.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BoomInIt
I guess you missed the fact that everythings clearly dated, and when I asked him to send it early he declined and said he would send it when ALL the kinks were worked out.
AFTER that he sent me an email saying they worked all the issues out and everything was good to go and sent me a defective kit.
Which we all know is defective, because still to this day THEY CAN NOT PROVIDE A WORKING KIT.
There was a lot to read, so I admit that I may have misread. It appears to me though that they said it wasn't working, you waited, you said you need it soon, they said ok we are ready, they said ok we are not ready this still isn't working, you said you simply must have it now, they reluctantly sent it anyway since you kept saying that you could not wait.

Not only this, but knowing the kit was untested and not working, you should have been careful with it and not pushed anything until you knew it would be stable. You are telling me it just instantly did all this damage when installed? You didn't drive it around at all?

Again, nothing against you. I respect your points. I just feel it my duty to keep both sides here and not let the vendor go unheard since most are bashing. I feel you showed your points fairly well, but it will bring with it a lot of straight out bashing from others if no other points arise.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:58 PM

yeah i'd be pissed spending 4 grand or 1 quarter pre tax pay on something that i was told worked then it broke ****
Old 01-19-2008, 06:59 PM

^^ regardless of what a customer requests, it is the responsibility of the business to produce quality products. period.

I feel there should be no reason that this has gone on for so long. This is NOT rocket science.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:00 PM

Hrm...... M62 Ftw???????????????
Old 01-19-2008, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Dead Zen
Hrm...... M62 Ftw???????????????
I say 1320 ftw. That thing looks great so far.

wrong tvsss

A good lesson for everyone - never buy a brand new product.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by campo165
^^ regardless of what a customer requests, it is the responsibility of the business to produce quality products. period.

I feel there should be no reason that this has gone on for so long. This is NOT rocket science.
dont offer something for sale til its done?

I know tein wont sell you the prototypes they test on your vehicle...they take it off and do other stuff with it before they offer it for sale, then you get your parts/discount
Old 01-19-2008, 07:04 PM

So, you are saying you buy a car and expect to never go in for service? I had to have mine fixed twice under warranty so far. We don't start saying chevy sucks because they release cars that need some work still. We just let them honor the waranty and fix the problems. That is exactly what these guys were trying to do. Plus, this wasn't even in full production, so you can't expect anywhere near as much quality upfront without more work and testing, which was included for free over time.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:07 PM

So, you are saying you buy a car and expect to never go in for service? I had to have mine fixed twice under warranty so far. We don't start saying chevy sucks because they release cars that need some work still. We just let them honor the waranty and fix the problems. That is exactly what these guys were trying to do. Plus, this wasn't even in full production, so you can't expect anywhere near as much quality upfront without more work and testing, which was included for free over time.
ok i just read the first ten words, so im going to say this. DO NOT EVER COMPARE a vehicle with thousands of parts to a supercharger swap. fool.

The technology and development involved in this is minimal. ****, I could do this myself quicker than they have.

not to mention, your vehicle has been tested and retested, crashed, destroyed, and everything inbetween. Warranties are there for the fact that naturally, when you have thousands of parts coming together, something might be defective. NOT FROM lack of research and development.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:07 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
that sucks man, hope something eventually goes your way
Old 01-19-2008, 07:09 PM

well, good read, and keep us updated when stuff happens. I am going to try to not let this change my hopes of a great product. they still have not said they are through with testing them. I think this is a bad deal for everyone if they just quit. so i hope that is not whay comes of this...
Old 01-19-2008, 07:12 PM

that sucks i was thinking of a twin screw and their 3.5'' tb adapter but not now sucks for rebal i will never buy anything from them
Old 01-19-2008, 07:13 PM

I guess you'd like to see rebels return policy and conditions of use on the items they sell that I got screen shots from their website.

you should have been able to read that pretty quick, since its blank.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:13 PM

ok i just read the first ten words, so im going to say this. DO NOT EVER COMPARE a vehicle with thousands of parts to a supercharger swap. fool.

The technology and development involved in this is minimal. ****, I could do this myself quicker than they have.
I have no interest in how long it takes or what effort would be involved. The point is you said any business "fool," as you say. You need to watch who you try to talk with boy, since you lack the ability to talk that way with me and come across looking smart.

The point is that they honored everything they must as a business. This type of youthful vigilant outlook is exactly why I'm here. If you can make it work so much easier why aren't you pulling in the 4k to your pocket? You have had all this time and could have had the kit out working then right? Taking the business for yourself and made out ahead. Otherwise, they are all there is and I support their attempts unless they go beyond the limits of proper business.

Last edited by liolixli; 01-19-2008 at 07:45 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:14 PM
Banned

This is clearly vendor bashing. From the sounds of your messages you were just pushing them to send you the product. Instead of going into some long speech, I'll just say a couple of simple things. All new products have problems. Research and development takes time. Seems like you weren't happy with either of those statements. Being first isn't always the best. Instead of trying to blame just the company, you need to blame yourself for half of this mess.

Grow up.

not to mention, your vehicle has been tested and retested, crashed, destroyed, and everything inbetween. Warranties are there for the fact that naturally, when you have thousands of parts coming together, something might be defective. NOT FROM lack of research and development.
winnAr!111!1!!!
The Stig

A company is not protected by this site if it is apparent that they are ripping off customers. They are protected from unsupported slander however.

I'll allow this to stay open because (so far) I find it fair and objective, but it might be disputed by Jonel or another mod in the future. If it takes a bad turn it'll be closed.

All I can say is buyer beware.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:18 PM

I have no interest in how long it takes or what effort would be involved. The point is you said any business "fool," as you say. You need to watch who you try to talk with boy, since you lack the ability to talk that way with me and come across looking smart.

The point is that they honored everything they must as a business. This type of youthful vigilant outlook is exactly why I'm here. If you can make it work so much easier why aren't you pulling in the 4k to your pocket. You have had all this time and could have had the kit out working then right? Taking the business for yourself and made out ahead. Otherwise, they are all there is and I support thier attempts unless they go beyond the limits of proper business.
Whats the number one priority of a business?

And im not going to do this because it is an inferior supercharger, and a large waste of money. But just let me continue my corporate accounting degree.

A business that acts like them is doomed to fail, PERIOD. They can lick the OP's ***** for all I care and call it warranty work, point being, you DO NOT SHIP PRODUCTS that you feel can give you a bad rep. Regardless of what a customer wants. If that customer requests their money back, you do that. PERIOD. You DO NOT send them an undeveloped item.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:18 PM

The point is that they honored everything they must as a business. This type of youthful vigilant outlook is exactly why I'm here. If you can make it work so much easier why aren't you pulling in the 4k to your pocket. You have had all this time and could have had the kit out working then right? Taking the business for yourself and made out ahead. Otherwise, they are all there is and I support thier attempts unless they go beyond the limits of proper business.
uh-oh :pulls out flame war suit:
Old 01-19-2008, 07:20 PM

And im not going to do this because it is an inferior supercharger, and a large waste of money.
Haha, I am.

Quick Reply: Exclusive TWINSCREW Experience!