Rebel Auto Worxs Rebel Auto Worxs is a proud Supporting Vendro of CobaltSS.net.
Contacts: Eng@RebelAutoWorxs, Sales@rebelautoworxs, Tech@RebelAutoWorxs

Exclusive TWINSCREW Experience!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by articzap
This is clearly vendor bashing. From the sounds of your messages you were just pushing them to send you the product. Instead of going into some long speech, I'll just say a couple of simple things. All new products have problems. Research and development takes time. Seems like you weren't happy with either of those statements. Being first isn't always the best. Instead of trying to blame just the company, you need to blame yourself for half of this mess.

Grow up.
first of all get your facts straight. I put up money on a group buy, not to pay for their R&D expenses.The kit was supposed to be completed this time last year, I paid for what they told me was an already working kit which they found later to be defective and then stopped sales to revert back to R&D. After that they said it was complete and sent me out a defective kit.

unless they sent you a working kit?
Old 01-19-2008, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by WSFrazier
Haha, I am.
Well of coruse that is just my opinion. I find the 1320 more attractive. Not to mention, I refuse to do any large work like that until I graduate with my degree and have no more warranty.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:22 PM

I am having a problem with Rebel right now but I'll wait and see if/how they resolve it first before bashing them on here. You guys will hear about it if things don't work out like they should.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by campo165
Whats the number one priority of a business?

And im not going to do this because it is an inferior supercharger, and a large waste of money. But just let me continue my corporate accounting degree.

A business that acts like them is doomed to fail, PERIOD. They can lick the OP's ***** for all I care and call it warranty work, point being, you DO NOT SHIP PRODUCTS that you feel can give you a bad rep. Regardless of what a customer wants. If that customer requests their money back, you do that. PERIOD. You DO NOT send them an undeveloped item.
Originally Posted by mike25
uh-oh :pulls out flame war suit:
The first priority of a business is to appeal to a consumer base, attract that group, maintain support, and make a profit. I do not care what a book told you somewhere. They clearly have gained a customer base. They clearly have attracted that group. Their products continue to be supported by them and they continue to sell them. Until, as I said, they fall further below in quality, I do not see this changing greatly. Hopefully, they will see profit come from this in the end; however, if they are making it all now and ripping us off they still got it and finished their business plan. I do not see it that way though. You can have your degree. I'll have my 30 year business that is already proven and running.

There is no flame war. I only took offense to the nature of the language and argument. Flaming is for kids. The response is much more substantial.

I agree though that this supercharger was a waste of money. I like the 1320 way better, but I still give them credit for trying. I believe they will over time honor their part of this. I still have seen nothing that does not lead me to believe they had the best interested of the community in mind.

Last edited by liolixli; 01-19-2008 at 07:44 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:29 PM

point being is they are failing to maintain support by sending out a product too early, and it SEEMS, by their customers words, that they are taking much too much time.

Congrats on having a successful business, Im sure you kept your customers happy, and did everything right. Im just saying that they arent doing it right here.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by campo165
point being is they are failing to maintain support by sending out a product too early, and it SEEMS, by their customers words, that they are taking much too much time.

Congrats on having a successful business, Im sure you kept your customers happy, and did everything right. Im just saying that they arent doing it right here.
I'm not even saying they surely are. Just that their point is not able to be heard. I wanted to give a fair representation to it, since I'm not directly involved in this issue. It gives me something to do while I wait for my fiancée to come home. I just love to argue.

I deal with customers all the time and drive me nuts though. That is why I can partly relate. People very rarely take into account the business. We get busy and they get snappy about the time without respect to the others in line ahead of them. They mishear something or ignore you and complain later about their own mistake. People are far too hard on companies. There are some really bad ones out there that need to rethink things and need complaints too. I just don't see these guys are being that way. Keep in mind too he said clearly in the e-mail "this is a side project." They work their asses off trying to do all this side projects. There is a lot of other stuff going on.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by liolixli
There is no flame war. I only took offense to the nature of the language and arguement. Flaming is for kids. The response is much more substancial.
lolz at that...minor spelling errors...im out...hope everything works out to the op
Old 01-19-2008, 07:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by splitimage
THIS NEEDS TO BE LOCKED, this is simply trashing, take it up with the admins, and the company.
How is he trashing a company? He's simply giving his first hand review of the company and it's product's. It's not like he's looking to buy. He spent 3500 dollars.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:41 PM
The Stig

I would take it up with a small claims court if they can't offer a solution within a reasonable time period. They do have the right to "cure" but the key is it must be in a reaonable amount of time.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by mike25
lolz at that...minor spelling errors...im out...hope everything works out to the op
Yeah, I suck at spelling when I'm rushing to type on the forum. I hate when I put the totally wrong word even. The computer has really killed me. I rely too much on spell check instead of inherently spelling it right outright or double checking. I went back and fixed the clear errors not that it matters.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:48 PM

Unhappy

I'm not even saying they surely are. Just that thier point is not able to be heard. I wanted to give a fair representation to it, since I'm not directly involved in this issue. It gives me something to do while I wait for my fiancee to come home. I just love to argue.

I deal with customers all the time and drive me nuts though. That is why I can partly relate. People very rarely take into account the business. We get busy and they get snappy about the time without respect to the others in line ahead of them. They mishear something or ingore you and complain later about thier own mistake. People are far too hard on companies. There are some really bad ones out there that need to rethink things and need complaints too. I just don't see these guys are being that way. Keep in mind too he said clearly in the e-mail "this is a side project." They work thier asses off trying to do all this side projects. There is a lot of other stuff going on.

I do understand that it takes time to come out with things like this. I do understand they have other things going on. But I don't see how that has anything to do with the fact that I paid out money for a working product, not a product in testing, an deffinatly not for their research and developement fund.They said they tested the product and that my kit was a working kit.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:54 PM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
Honestly I don't think a company should start selling something until its ready. Or at least withing a few months of being ready. Paying almost 4G's for defective stuff would tick me off a little. I have an idea, perhaps we should give our vendors a feedback system like eBay. Not really bashing them but at the same time allows people to record what kind of experience they've had. Sort of a heads up thing.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:55 PM

I saw BoominIT's car first hand. It was tore up. He does need a new hood blanket. They should support him in this. how long has this been going on. Its crazy. Something cant be right.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by OzzyruleZ
Honestly I don't think a company should start selling something until its ready. Or at least withing a few months of being ready. Paying almost 4G's for defective stuff would tick me off a little. I have an idea, perhaps we should give our vendors a feedback system like eBay. Not really bashing them but at the same time allows people to record what kind of experience they've had. Sort of a heads up thing.
apparently it was brought up and shot down
Old 01-19-2008, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by BoomInIt
I do understand that it takes time to come out with things like this. I do understand they have other things going on. But I don't see how that has anything to do with the fact that I paid out money for a working product, not a product in testing, an deffinatly not for their research and developement fund.They said they tested the product and that my kit was a working kit.
I honestly think you didn't know what you were getting into. I don't blame them, but it would be fair for them to let you back out and get some money. Truthfully though, I signed up for their CAI. I don't expect to get that for up to 6 months possibly and they said it was already developed too. The point, I understand, is they still have to find time to build them all and I care most that they do take time and send it out in full quality.

I believe there were some good reasons for the hold ups. Didn’t they have delays in getting them from the vendor they were going through in the first place or something? I think if you are clear with them about you not understanding that things would need to be worked out and tested and did not threaten or push that they will easily give you your money. If they don’t at that point, I would be just as much here taking your side of that case. It just seemed as if they did offer you money and wanted to try to work something out until you got angry with them. I am sympathetic though. That is a lot of money to be out. I just don’t think this course of action was even in your best interest if you are too aggressive. Being that they aren’t part of the BBB and wasting more on a lawyer would suck it would be good to get their sympathy too rather than contempt.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:19 PM

I honestly think you didn't know what you were getting into. I don't blame them, but it would be fair for them to let you back out and get some money. Truthfully though, I signed up for their CAI. I don't expect to get that for up to 6 months possibly and they said it was already developed too. The point, I understand, is they still have to find time to build them all and I care most that they do take time and send it out in full quality.

I believe there were some good reasons for the hold ups. Didn’t they have delays in getting them from the vendor they were going through in the first place or something? I think if you are clear with them about you not understanding that things would need to be worked out and tested and did not threaten or push that they will easily give you your money. If they don’t at that point, I would be just as much here taking your side of that case. It just seemed as if they did offer you money and wanted to try to work something out until you got angry with them. I am sympathetic though. That is a lot of money to be out. I just don’t think this course of action was even in your best interest if you are too aggressive. Being that they aren’t part of the BBB and wasting more on a lawyer would suck it would be good to get their sympathy too rather than contempt.
if you ordered a k&n you wouldnt want to wait 6 months for it....

you shouldnt have to wait for them to build it, its their product they should keep the production up on their products
Old 01-19-2008, 08:25 PM

ANYWAYS......to the O/W of the post........that sucks bro that this happened to you. Hopefully you get everything figured out.

Unfortunately some of us have to be the guinea pigs for new products because we want them so bad.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:48 PM

Eh... this will probably be removed soon enough... ofcourse the sad thing is the site won't even be online long enough for enough people to actually read this.

I'm really starting to become dissapointed with this whole place.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:50 PM

to the guys who call his post thread bashing.

send me 3500 and i'll send you some magic nuts and bolts that'll make more power.

of course they are still in development, but you'll get them real fast!

LOL, you guys are jokes. this is his personal, first hand exsperance with vendor, not yours.

to the op, good luck man! i've dealt with jim at rebal before, hes always been good to me, but i've also never sent him 3500
Old 01-19-2008, 09:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
IBTL,

To the THREAD STARTER: I'm sorry for all your pain and grief. Sucks a BIG one man. They need to fix this or they are not a good company. PERIOD. And I disagree with the guys trying to take up for Rebel Auto Werx. They should have sent out a completed, working supercharger. They have said over and over again that the product was ready. But flaws keep appearing and now customers aren't getting their money back for a flawed product. NO ONE expects to be funding R&D. NO ONE. So trying to bring that arguement up is just stupid. End of discussion.

I will not buy anything from rebel.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by ralliartist
IBTL,

To the THREAD STARTER: I'm sorry for all your pain and grief. Sucks a BIG one man. They need to fix this or they are not a good company. PERIOD. And I disagree with the guys trying to take up for Rebel Auto Werx. They should have sent out a completed, working supercharger. They have said over and over again that the product was ready. But flaws keep appearing and now customers aren't getting their money back for a flawed product. NO ONE expects to be funding R&D. NO ONE. So trying to bring that arguement up is just stupid. End of discussion.

I will not buy anything from rebel.
bingo they do the rd on something then test fit and see how it runs mocked up and test for awhile see if any problems arise....then you offer it for sale, and add the cost you ponyed up for r/d into sale price
Old 01-20-2008, 03:11 AM
Banned

************************HERES THE SIMPLE FACTS*****************************

1. the product is experimental, innitially that asked for deposits to see if there was interest. You took the chance YOURSELF in paying for the product.

2. Stuff like this takes time, its all custom fab stuff, and not being a fan of mase what so ever, i still understand the time and effort and learning he had to endure and put into the project.

3. YOU PUSHED THEM. Telling them how displeased you were, and if you didnt have it for xx day you would do XXXXX. Obviously at this point you made them hurry, trying to fulfill your wishes. The product wasnt 100% ready, not that u cared at the time.

4. You arent the only one, infact, 2k5 has been through similar, but instead of complaining, thinking hes so effing important, that everyone stop and listen, he offered his help, trying to make the product as good as it could be, WITH THE CREATORS. He understands the complexities of the kit, and how innovative it is. Obviously there will be some issues. Reading through the emails, you can CLEARLY see they didnt feel 100% sending you what they had, not that they were trying to withhold the money, but that they were making sure it was perfected before sending u want you had paid. its too bad you couldnt wait.

5. Am i the only one, or did anyone else see the video of the oil going everywhere, and of them ALLOWING IT TOO? youd think for someone wanting money for stuff they claim the kit affected, wouldnt show video proof of it being his own doing. You could have turned the car off at the first sign, instead of making a blockbuster lenght film about it.

6. ITS A CAR. **** HAPPENS. GET OVER IT. if you came into the tuner world thinking it was all easy and simple... go back to driving a b16 with a ractive exhaust, please. Give it time, they have invested way too much time to not perfect the system now... and to think, youll be one of the first to run it.

Originally Posted by redlineblueline
bingo they do the rd on something then test fit and see how it runs mocked up and test for awhile see if any problems arise....then you offer it for sale, and add the cost you ponyed up for r/d into sale price
i believe when the first 5 supercharger deposits were taking, rebel clearly outlined it would take time, RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT, and many other factors in this project.

boom knew exactly what his money was going towards. r&d was the name, and he was up for it.

Last edited by splitimage; 01-20-2008 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-20-2008, 03:29 AM

^^

You are showing you have no idea how a business is supposed to run, and present their items.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by articzap
This is clearly vendor bashing. From the sounds of your messages you were just pushing them to send you the product. Instead of going into some long speech, I'll just say a couple of simple things. All new products have problems. Research and development takes time. Seems like you weren't happy with either of those statements. Being first isn't always the best. Instead of trying to blame just the company, you need to blame yourself for half of this mess.

Grow up.
ok lets see you shell out over 4 grand for a brand new busted ass car. how long has this GB been around? over a year. and they still havnt been able to produce a working car. sure its a possibility but nothing yet. he just wants his money back or a working car. get off your high horse and realize he just wants some customer service. if it was any kind of real company they should be able to give him his money back. i diddnt know 4 grand would put a whole "company" out of business. its not that hard to fix. they obviously have no intension of refunding him his money with out dispute. come on. i love rebel, iv bought many a thing from them. but they need to take care of there ****. is him backing out going to affect the out come of this product? it shouldnt. . . they dont come up with the term refund for nothing. you should blame your self for trying to come off as the anwser man. you gave no resolution to any thing but make the statement that you like sounding like a bad ass. how many times have you been warned or flagged for being a douche. R&D takes time, yes. but that doesnt mean you can dick around the customer thats "funding" your whole "company". i just want to lay it out ther that even the sweet tuner shop down the road from me probly has enough between them to refund 4gs.

---- im not bashing but i take offense to people thinking that they are right and the OP is wrong for doing this. business is buisness and if you people cant take what people say then get the **** out of here.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:47 AM

i kinda got this vibe from this company also when it took 8 weeks for my subframe bar to get here..and the only answer i was offered was that my name was near the bottom of the group buy...wtf is that?! u could have lied and said san diego is soooo far from canada that is why..not we sent out everyone elses and held urs..

and i completely agree on a BBB for CSS.NET...or else people get sick and leave the site and do it on there own..paying vendors or not we are paying premium members and paying customers and deserve more as a ******* human being that works hard for there money to not be burned..period

Quick Reply: Exclusive TWINSCREW Experience!