SMG Autosports SMG Motoring is a proud Supporting Vendor.

COLDER IAT'S with DEI CryO2 Systems, Now on Sale!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007 | 12:48 PM

COLDER IAT'S with DEI CryO2 Systems, Now on Sale!

We currently have on sale the DEI Cry02 Systems. This system is one of the best and easiest ways to lower your IAT's. For more information on these systems check them out on our website HERE!

Can lower your IAT's up to 50 degrees! Something also to look into if you are interested in spraying your aftercooler to help bring down temps... you can add the intercooler/aftercooler sprayer as an option as well.

Just another addition to our product lines.

Last edited by SMG Autosports; 01-10-2007 at 12:49 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-10-2007 | 01:11 PM

Damn it, all the good group buys are going on right now.

Quick question. I was just thinking of spraying a large heat exchanger with the spray bar.

Is it worth it if I just do that or spraying into the intake is where you get the best results?
Old 01-10-2007 | 01:18 PM

Honestly... I think you will get the BEST results if doing both. However each one will yeild a gain in lowering IAT's. Spraying the exchanger will definitely help your situation and help make the overall heat exchanger work more efficiently in cooling. The Air Intake bulb will help directly cool the incoming air charge which will help to force a cooler denser charge into the engine. Hope I asnwered the question well enough.
Old 01-10-2007 | 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by SMG Autosports
Honestly... I think you will get the BEST results if doing both. However each one will yeild a gain in lowering IAT's. Spraying the exchanger will definitely help your situation and help make the overall heat exchanger work more efficiently in cooling. The Air Intake bulb will help directly cool the incoming air charge which will help to force a cooler denser charge into the engine. Hope I asnwered the question well enough.
Thank you sir. Much appreciated.
Old 01-10-2007 | 01:24 PM

No problem, Another thing to think about if it IS a street car... it may e more effective for you to have the sprayer for the heat exchanger so that you can sray it at any time on the street. The intake bulb can then be used for WOT to help cool the intake charger even greater. Just another thing to think about. The beauty of these kits is they can be added on to very easily... there is really no limit to how many sprayers you add etc. Only effect is that you will go through Co2 faster but.... Dual bottles wouldnt be a problem either. Something to think about if wanted to get very serious. Definitely a good bang for the buck setup because it can be added to very easily. Hope thats adds a little.
Old 01-10-2007 | 01:30 PM

No problem, Another thing to think about if it IS a street car... it may e more effective for you to have the sprayer for the heat exchanger so that you can sray it at any time on the street. The intake bulb can then be used for WOT to help cool the intake charger even greater. Just another thing to think about. The beauty of these kits is they can be added on to very easily... there is really no limit to how many sprayers you add etc. Only effect is that you will go through Co2 faster but.... Dual bottles wouldnt be a problem either. Something to think about if wanted to get very serious. Definitely a good bang for the buck setup because it can be added to very easily. Hope thats adds a little.
Yeah that's cool. I don't plan on spraying into the intake. I would just spray the bigger H/E. Between the bigger H/E and spray it should be cool.

This is almost definitly in my future. It would be after April though cause the car is going 2-tone.
Old 01-10-2007 | 01:32 PM

I think this might be a stupid question, since you are not removing anything from the engine or anything major, how would this affect the factory warranty?
Old 01-10-2007 | 01:33 PM

no problem... the kits will be here and available!
Old 01-10-2007 | 01:38 PM
360 L337 User

can we run this with water meth injection?
Old 01-10-2007 | 01:41 PM

So this is alot like no2 and water meth. It works as a cooling spray. I'm guessing this is alot safer then no2.
Old 01-10-2007 | 01:42 PM

So when this kit is not on sale like in April or so, roughly how much would this cost?

1. CryO2 Tank and Installation Kit
2. CryO2 Intercooler Sprayer
3. CryO2 Purge System

Originally Posted by R&C_rallySS
So this is alot like no2 and water meth. It works as a cooling spray. I'm guessing this is alot safer then no2.
Yes it is safer.
Old 01-10-2007 | 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by CTCOBALTSSS
So when this kit is not on sale like in April or so, roughly how much would this cost?

1. CryO2 Tank and Installation Kit
2. CryO2 Intercooler Sprayer
3. CryO2 Purge System

Yes it is safer.
What type of hp torq gains for this "safer" no2 mod? I mean, if it cools down up to 50% coller temps, should be some decent gains. What type of risks come with this kit? If it is easy to install, I want it. Anything goes down, just take it off and back to the stealership.
Old 01-10-2007 | 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by R&C_rallySS
What type of hp torq gains for this "safer" no2 mod? I mean, if it cools down up to 50% coller temps, should be some decent gains. What type of risks come with this kit? If it is easy to install, I want it. Anything goes down, just take it off and back to the stealership.
I don't know the exact gains but in the thread I made about this, I heard 38hp. Here is the quote. As far as installation goes I don't know. Never installed one.

Originally Posted by Blown 4-banger
I just read an article on the CryO2 system, and it said that a Renault 2.0L turbo gained 38 hp with the intake cooler and intercooler sparyer!
Old 01-10-2007 | 04:26 PM

ok well let me clear a couple things up. What this system is, is this. Because of the way C02 gas is... when it is sprayed it becomes very cool. This is NOT like Nitrous... however it can be used in conjunction with Nitrous. The BEST way I feel to use this kit is by using the Air Intake setup. What you do is with the WOT switch and the arm switchh activated... it sprays C02 into the Bulb in the intake stream. The incoming air will pass through/around the bulb drasically cooling the incoming air. Its like running your car on a cool winter day allllll the time. The other benifit to the system is you can add on the sprayers to shoot a heat exchanger to help cool even greater. The gains from these systems can and are very real. Here is a link to DEI's frequently asked questions. It is DEFINITELY safer than using some other products on the market for sure!

Here is the FAQ page.

http://www.designengineering.com/ima...2%20System.pdf

DEI Makes some great products and this is definietly one that should be considered for our vehicles. I hope this helps answer some uncertainties about this product. Any other questions please feel free to ask away. I want to help everyone understand this product as best I can because we feel it is definitely a great mod.

ALSO!!!!! CO2 refills are generally between $1.00 to $1.50 for a 10lbs bottle!

Last edited by SMG Autosports; 01-10-2007 at 04:34 PM. Reason: added prices on refill
Old 01-10-2007 | 04:46 PM

ok well let me clear a couple things up. What this system is, is this. Because of the way C02 gas is... when it is sprayed it becomes very cool. This is NOT like Nitrous... however it can be used in conjunction with Nitrous. The BEST way I feel to use this kit is by using the Air Intake setup. What you do is with the WOT switch and the arm switchh activated... it sprays C02 into the Bulb in the intake stream. The incoming air will pass through/around the bulb drasically cooling the incoming air. Its like running your car on a cool winter day allllll the time. The other benifit to the system is you can add on the sprayers to shoot a heat exchanger to help cool even greater. The gains from these systems can and are very real. Here is a link to DEI's frequently asked questions. It is DEFINITELY safer than using some other products on the market for sure!

Here is the FAQ page.

http://www.designengineering.com/ima...2%20System.pdf

DEI Makes some great products and this is definietly one that should be considered for our vehicles. I hope this helps answer some uncertainties about this product. Any other questions please feel free to ask away. I want to help everyone understand this product as best I can because we feel it is definitely a great mod.

ALSO!!!!! CO2 refills are generally between $1.00 to $1.50 for a 10lbs bottle!

That's good stuff and you can't beat the refill price.

So does this have to be sprayed before the MAF?
Old 01-10-2007 | 04:53 PM

I would recommend spraying it before... that way the cooler air that will travel around the bulb inside the intake stream will travel through the MAF sensor and its cooler/denser state. This will help the MAF sensor to meter correctly.
Old 02-02-2007 | 11:59 AM
Former Cobalt Owner

hmmm i would love to get this kit for my HE, i have been looking at it for quite some time now.
Old 02-02-2007 | 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by PlaysWitCars
hmmm i would love to get this kit for my HE, i have been looking at it for quite some time now.
Me too dude. After I install a bigger H/E and a 2nd coolant reservior I would like to spray the H/E with this.
Old 02-02-2007 | 04:21 PM

Ya, I would agree with you guys... for the cost its a great mod... and the best part with this kit is... there is NO limit as to how many sprayers you can have... You can continue to add nozzels where ever you like... so you could have the HE sprayer and the intake bulb together.