South Central TX, OK, AR, and LA

el paso thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by revolution607@yahoo.
haha nah man unlike you i get lots of that
and from girls not guys like you. lol
Old 09-21-2010, 02:13 PM

hahah nice
Old 09-24-2010, 02:05 PM

butt sex...that is all...
Old 09-24-2010, 08:41 PM

hey guys ! excuse my ignorance, but who does most of the organization for meets and such in the el paso area?
Old 09-24-2010, 08:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Section8cav
hey guys ! excuse my ignorance, but who does most of the organization for meets and such in the el paso area?
um no one specifically really, why do you ask?
Old 09-24-2010, 10:43 PM

ive just noticed you guys use this site to post alot, and there seems to be quite a bit of you out there. I have a club and forum offer and was wondering if you guys were interested....
Old 09-25-2010, 02:22 AM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
club and forum offer?
Old 09-25-2010, 01:29 PM

what is this offer u speak of lol
Old 09-25-2010, 02:54 PM

ive just noticed you guys use this site to post alot, and there seems to be quite a bit of you out there. I have a club and forum offer and was wondering if you guys were interested....
yea theres a couple of us out here haha
and im interested.
Old 09-25-2010, 04:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Which forum? I've been wanting to start one but dont have monry for VB
Old 09-25-2010, 05:02 PM

sorry guys, im in dallas at the moment.
OK, so you guys have probably heard of centexcc ? the group that hosts the GMlonestarbash every year.
Well the group is in the middle of a makeover. name change, website change, including expanding to more cities and include more cars.
Currently we have chapters in austin and waco. We would like to extend an offer the guys in el paso to help build their own chapter and be part of one of the greatest clubs in texas
We are looking for groups of at LEAST 3 cars to start. Each group will have their own local section on the forum, they will have 1 admin and 1 moderator who will have equal say so on website control.
which is a good thing since right now the forum is getting a complete makeover so input is crucial.
There is more to it but i dont want to type a book.
This is a great opportunity for you guys if you want to be a part of well known, well established group and have your own forum without all the $cost or knowledge of web design.
So ofcourse feel free to ask anything, i dont take offense very easy, nor hold grudges.
The website as it is is at Centex Forums take a look around, post up, post some ideas even. Just keep in mind the domain name is about to change and will not be centexcarclub anymore so if anyone reads this too late please let us know if the link doesnt work. thanks
Old 09-25-2010, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyRockstar
Which forum? I've been wanting to start one but dont have monry for VB
I would be willing to invest for vb if the return is right.
OK, so you guys have probably heard of centexcc ? the group that hosts the GMlonestarbash every year.
Well the group is in the middle of a makeover. name change, website change, including expanding to more cities and include more cars.
Currently we have chapters in austin and waco. We would like to extend an offer the guys in el paso to help build their own chapter and be part of one of the greatest clubs in texas
We are looking for groups of at LEAST 3 cars to start. Each group will have their own local section on the forum, they will have 1 admin and 1 moderator who will have equal say so on website control.
which is a good thing since right now the forum is getting a complete makeover so input is crucial.
This is a great opportunity for you guys if you want to be a part of well known, well established group and have your own forum without all the $cost or knowledge of web design.
So ofcourse feel free to ask anything, i dont take offense very easy, nor hold grudges.
The website as it is is at Centex Forums take a look around, post up, post some ideas even. Just keep in mind the domain name is about to change and will not be centexcarclub anymore so if anyone reads this too late please let us know if the link doesnt work. thanks
I'll be interested as long as there is no tacky stickers involved. If ya need pictures I just got a new DSLR
Old 09-25-2010, 08:19 PM

my cobalt had a misfire issue, well the day i took it to the road it was finally fixed car ran fine, no misfire no weird sputtering no anthing....While my mom and i were driving up to college the worst thing possible happend...I heard a loud BANG! and suddenly i heard something bouncing outta the undercarriage, i saw smoke and smelled burnt oil, engine died so i pulled over, i pop the hood, engine oil everywhere, My engine blew up we got it towed to the nearest chevy dealership and they said warranty wont cover it just cuz of my exhaust, its a catback exhaust btw, and they want $4500 plus labor for a new motor, we decided to let the insurance just handle it as a total loss...R.I.P. Skids I Will truly miss you. I had so many great memories with that car. You will always be my first car :'(

we moved it forward to show all of what it dumped...

R.I.P. Skids the Cobalt
Old 09-25-2010, 10:17 PM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
WHAT??? how can they blame the exhaust?
Old 09-26-2010, 02:25 AM

they didnt really blame it they more like said "your engine is modded so warranty is voided" wtf
Old 09-26-2010, 11:17 AM

i would have found a junk yard exhaust to stick on it and taken it to another dealer....
Old 09-26-2010, 01:29 PM

id be interested in doing this.
whats the club name gonna be changed to?
Old 09-26-2010, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by 4dr-RS
they didnt really blame it they more like said "your engine is modded so warranty is voided" wtf
First off what caused the detonation? Secondly what mods do you have? Lastly how did any of the mods contribute to the detonation? They have to prove your mods contributed to the failure of the engine otherwise its disreputable.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Enuff_Said
First off what caused the detonation? Secondly what mods do you have? Lastly how did any of the mods contribute to the detonation? They have to prove your mods contributed to the failure of the engine otherwise its disreputable.
yup yup its called the mangunson-moss warranty act.
if your mods didnt directly cause your engine to blow up then your warranty should still be in-tact
Old 09-26-2010, 02:32 PM

id be interested in doing this.
whats the club name gonna be changed to?
To anwser your questoin cause I know Scott is out of town, I dont think a name has been fully decided on so yall would have a say in what it would be but i know alot of people where leaning towards GM Texas Tuners or GM Tuners of Texas, but like i said not fully decided on, if im wrong on this Scott (section8cav) will correct me, just trying to get you a timely response
Old 09-26-2010, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by 4dr-RS
my cobalt had a misfire issue, well the day i took it to the road it was finally fixed car ran fine, no misfire no weird sputtering no anthing....While my mom and i were driving up to college the worst thing possible happend...I heard a loud BANG! and suddenly i heard something bouncing outta the undercarriage, i saw smoke and smelled burnt oil, engine died so i pulled over, i pop the hood, engine oil everywhere, My engine blew up we got it towed to the nearest chevy dealership and they said warranty wont cover it just cuz of my exhaust, its a catback exhaust btw, and they want $4500 plus labor for a new motor, we decided to let the insurance just handle it as a total loss...R.I.P. Skids I Will truly miss you. I had so many great memories with that car. You will always be my first car :'(

R.I.P. Skids the Cobalt
no way in hell a cat back exaust would ever cause ur motor to blow, there full of it i would ask to speak to the service manager, and if wants to push it tell him u will call and make a claim with gm, ive got a buddy that works for gm costomer service ill talk to him and see what he says
Old 09-26-2010, 03:46 PM

What if we no longer own a GM vehicle

I'm still dumbfounded as to why it would blow under normal driving conditions. Maybe if it was running ridiculously high afr's and the engine was already compromises but that would have been noticeable. Is the le5 an open deck motor?
Old 09-26-2010, 04:43 PM

yup yup its called the mangunson-moss warranty act.
if your mods didnt directly cause your engine to blow up then your warranty should still be in-tact
David Use this act, there is no way your catback and/or intake did that. They can't prove it. They should fix it fight that.

Scott Im interested in helping out with what you may need. let me know

Originally Posted by Enuff_Said
What if we no longer own a GM vehicle

I'm still dumbfounded as to why it would blow under normal driving conditions. Maybe if it was running ridiculously high afr's and the engine was already compromises but that would have been noticeable. Is the le5 an open deck motor?
he has a l61.

Last edited by ChevyRockstar; 09-26-2010 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-26-2010, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by RecklessL61
To anwser your questoin cause I know Scott is out of town, I dont think a name has been fully decided on so yall would have a say in what it would be but i know alot of people where leaning towards GM Texas Tuners or GM Tuners of Texas, but like i said not fully decided on, if im wrong on this Scott (section8cav) will correct me, just trying to get you a timely response
thanks and i like how GM tuners of texas sounds.
its got a nice little ring to it lol
Old 09-26-2010, 06:29 PM

Yeah it does, so like Scott said we only need 3 people to say there in and we can get the ball rolling

Quick Reply: el paso thread