South Central TX, OK, AR, and LA
View Poll Results: Where to have the meet?
Dallas
65.52%
Houston
10.34%
San Antonio
24.14%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Texas Meet

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 11:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tell you what, im gonna check and see about that room discount thing. im sure there are a couple guys that might wanna stay overnight too. im also gonna see what places there are to meet over there.
here are some time estimates to ennis from different cities going the speed limit:
Denton/Lewisville=1hr. 30min.
Dallas=45min.
Houston=4hrs.
San Antonio=4hrs. 30min./5 hrs.
Austin=3hrs. 30min.
Old 09-08-2006, 04:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mines_Better
tell you what, im gonna check and see about that room discount thing. im sure there are a couple guys that might wanna stay overnight too. im also gonna see what places there are to meet over there.
here are some time estimates to ennis from different cities going the speed limit:
Denton/Lewisville=1hr. 30min.
Dallas=45min.
Houston=4hrs.
San Antonio=4hrs. 30min./5 hrs.
Austin=3hrs. 30min.

What is this "speed limit" thing you are referring to?

Cole's heading to the NOPI thing next weekend, out in GA or something, he was hoping to caravan with a few redline/balts (LSJs or other) from this area. Was anyone interested in this? I'd consider going, but my ass has been draging of late. Anyone heading out to that from this board should contact him, he's in the Phone directory list........
Old 09-08-2006, 09:39 AM

Well if were gonna do this meet thing, it needs to happen by the 24th of this month for me. I'll be back in Michigan until January after that.

I also foooked up my balt a few days ago bad. Hit a dip in the road i didn't see going way too fast. Ended up cracking my oil pan and messing up my front skirt. I thought the engine cradle would help protect the oil pan, but i guess not. Fighting with dealer over warranty, but it sounds like gm will reimburse me for the oil pan. Should have the balt back today and also my stage II is getting installed at the same time.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Meatball
Well if were gonna do this meet thing, it needs to happen by the 24th of this month for me. I'll be back in Michigan until January after that.

I also foooked up my balt a few days ago bad. Hit a dip in the road i didn't see going way too fast. Ended up cracking my oil pan and messing up my front skirt. I thought the engine cradle would help protect the oil pan, but i guess not. Fighting with dealer over warranty, but it sounds like gm will reimburse me for the oil pan. Should have the balt back today and also my stage II is getting installed at the same time.
Ouch bro!! That sucks something awful. Thats cool if they reimburse you for anything. I was planning on putting some Eibach's on my car but that there is a good reason not to. I've already scraped the bottom of my front lip in the parking garage here at the office.

I haven't climbed underneath my car yet, is the oil pan an easy job? I had a crack in the aluminum pan on my BMW after I did the engine conversion and that was an A-S-S job that involved a cherry picker and dropping the engine subframe.
Old 09-08-2006, 02:27 PM

i think before the 24th is definitely doable.

yo robert, how come you aint going to GA? if you went i probably would be interested too. not in a gay way of course...
Old 09-08-2006, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Meatball

That sucks I've bottomed out pretty hard a few times and it's kind of disheartening.
Old 09-09-2006, 05:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mines_Better
i think before the 24th is definitely doable.

yo robert, how come you aint going to GA? if you went i probably would be interested too. not in a gay way of course...

$600+ in court fees by next week. About 3 months ago, there was this Chevy and dodge super-bee truck (you know the gay black and yellow paint schemes) racing behind me. So the dodge is all over my ass, I did what most of you would do, I dropped it in 3rd and rained a bit on their parade. Well Five-O was sitting a few blocks ahead, cute female cop pulled me over and I tried to explain to her that the two idiots in the trucks behind me were drag racing. She told me that she could have me thrown in jail claiming I was drag racing (I wouldn't mind jail if it meant she'd be the one doing the full body frisk on me ) So at any rate, I have to pay for that in the next week or so. I may still fight it though, they can't prove a Saturn was drag racing after all
Old 09-09-2006, 02:06 PM

hell yeah man, fight that! tell them that you were trying to find a way to get out of there way because they were making you nervous when they were racing behind you. how fast were you going? or did she even radar you? just say, "come on, i think im a bit old for a childish thing like racing." $600?!!! for what?!!!
Old 09-10-2006, 07:38 PM
Banned

I think it was 65 in a 30 or 35. Irving PD is so money hungry, all the roads here are set at 35 MPH or lower. Big roads here that you'd see 45 MPH speed limits in other towns, its 10 MPH less in Irving. I despise their highway robbery methods of generating revenue and masking it under the guise of "safety". OH well........
Old 09-11-2006, 01:38 PM

Have your lawyer look into an engineering report on the roads. In texas roads get there real enforceable speed limits with engineering reports. Otherwise the posted speed limit is a suggestion. If they don't have an engineering report on the road.. well then... the speed limit is a suggestion. Most towns don't bother with the engineering report they count on people just paying there tickets.

that is if your ticket is specifically for speeding. If it is for dangerous driving or whatever I don't have a handy suggestion to get out of trouble with.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:38 AM

Any updates?
Old 09-19-2006, 09:10 PM

I'm sure its prolly too far for ya'll but theres a nice quater mile track called thunder valley up in about 30min from OKC near noble oklahoma, www.okthunder.com Hope you guys have fun wish i had a balt so i could join ya =/
Old 09-20-2006, 11:32 PM

Has anyone looked into Motorsport Ranch out in Cresson, about 15 miles west of Ft. Worth?!?! Ive been there and its an awesome track. I dunno if u guys would be interested or if we could even use the track but I figured I'd throw that out there........

P.S.- sorry if someone already made this suggestion, I musta missed it

http://www.thedriversedge.net/02_tracks.htm

-look at Motorsport ranch, cresson texas for track layout
Old 09-20-2006, 11:40 PM

I used to live in allen hehe right next door to plano and mckineey
Old 09-21-2006, 12:02 AM

yeah allen is pretty close, how long u been in OK?
Old 09-21-2006, 08:46 AM

My BMW club goes out to the Motorsports ranch to run cars on the track. Its kind of pricey though. The BMW event is supposedly sponsered and it was still $250 for the event.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by EricDFW
My BMW club goes out to the Motorsports ranch to run cars on the track. Its kind of pricey though. The BMW event is supposedly sponsered and it was still $250 for the event.

It is quite pricey. I asked about what they offer, and if memory serves, they quoted about $3000 or so for a yearly membership. And even after paying that money, you have to pay for each day you use the course. That's actually more of a road course than a drag strip (of course the Cobalt and Redline are more suited for a road course than a drag strip). It does look like fun though.........

Old 09-21-2006, 06:55 PM

Damn I didnt realize it was that much......... so much 4 that idea plus I thought it might be a change in pace to do a road course instead, Drag is ok but id rather do a course or AUTO-X! somebody just tell me where to be 4 the meet......

I love the track, especially turn 1!!