South East MS, AL, TN, GA, SC, NC, and FL

Alabama

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the gator is in logan martin, not smith lake. duh!

just water mocasin's, rattle snake's, 30lb stripe, some good size cat, and a WHOLE lot of fishing....
Old 05-27-2011, 11:01 PM

there are gators all the way as North as Hamilton...

they came in during Katrina and haven't went back... they've killed two in ponds and lakes where I sometimes hunt at down in Hamilton... in fact, no one believed the land owner they were on it until he did kill one... then people started hunting them, lol...

now I'm not saying they are common, but they are apparently surviving our winters, and animals do reproduce...so...

and I mean pythons aren't native to Florida, but they are now abundant in the Everglades because of people releasing them there
Old 05-27-2011, 11:56 PM

, you guys do realize my father in law use to be 1 of 2 Captains in the entire State of Alabama as a conservation officer (game warden), he basically had from Birmingham up all the way across the State.
He retired and works part time hrly for the State now as a Sergeant, also a US Marshal part time in Huntsville.

There are Gators in North Alabama, a big one right off I-565 around the Mooreville exit, back in that area, there is one in Athens behind a House in a pond close to Athens High School, a good sized one was pulled out of a pond in Danville last year , there are some in the Elk river, Tennessee river, etc, etc, etc.

At Point Mallard in Decatur (Swim Park), you use to be able to swim out into the Tennessee river, there was a little beach area, sectioned off with those water buoy's, well they closed the beach area down that went into the river due to gators years ago and never re-opened it.

There be Gators in North Alabama, don't fool yourselves into thinking they aren't out there.
Just be careful and stay alert. They may not be populated like South Alabama, but they are around.

I always joke around and tell my wife those people that end up missing in the river & lakes after falling off a boat, swimming, etc. and never found became gator dinner.

Last edited by HHRSSouth; 05-28-2011 at 12:01 AM.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:45 AM

yeah, the gators in decatur were a result of TVA, they released them a long time ago to control the beaver population who were damming up waters... they THOUGHT they would die in the winter.... they didn't

a lot of animals that "supposedly" aren't here, are here... like black panthers... they claim they don't inhabit Alabama, I don't have to take a Conservation member to tell me they aren't here, i've seen on IN BROAD DAY LIGHT with my own damn eyes... black bear, also here

I won't ever forget my encounter with the Panther, I was walking my dog one day around 3 o'clock and my dog usually walks about 10 ft in front of me... i was looking off not even paying attention and suddenly I notice, i'm walking past my dog who is completely stopped and starring up ahead... I finally stop and look to see what he is starring at... and sure enough there is a black cat with yellow eyes that was about the size of a full grown pit bull starring us down... I was not about to turn my back to this thing... and started walking backwards... I just said to my dog "come on"... and I guess that dog could hear the seriousness of my voice because even though he rarely listens to me on the 1st command, he instantly starting walking next to me, never getting more than a step from beside me.... I walked backwards facing that damn thing the entire way until I got to my house... it never tried to come after us, and I don't know what in the hell I would of done had it... but it definitely let me know to not come any closer

oh and my hand is fine, its still bruised to hell but nothing a few cold ones can't take care of

Last edited by 08inBama; 05-28-2011 at 12:54 AM.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by 08inBama
yeah, the gators in decatur were a result of TVA, they released them a long time ago to control the beaver population who were damming up waters... they THOUGHT they would die in the winter.... they didn't

a lot of animals that "supposedly" aren't here, are here... like black panthers... they claim they don't inhabit Alabama, I don't have to take a Conservation member to tell me they aren't here, i've seen on IN BROAD DAY LIGHT with my own damn eyes... black bear, also here

I won't ever forget my encounter with the Panther, I was walking my dog one day around 3 o'clock and my dog usually walks about 10 ft in front of me... i was looking off not even paying attention and suddenly I notice, i'm walking past my dog who is completely stopped and starring up ahead... I finally stop and look to see what he is starring at... and sure enough there is a black cat with yellow eyes that was about the size of a full grown pit bull starring us down... I was not about to turn my back to this thing... and started walking backwards... I just said to my dog "come on"... and I guess that dog could hear the seriousness of my voice because even though he rarely listens to me on the 1st command, he instantly starting walking next to me, never getting more than a step from beside me.... I walked backwards facing that damn thing the entire way until I got to my house... it never tried to come after us, and I don't know what in the hell I would of done had it... but it definitely let me know to not come any closer
Yes there are invasive species all around the USA from people letting pets go into the wild, or like you said being released during natural disasters.

I saw a National Geographic episode one time where people were saying they seen large cats (Jaguars) in Arizona and Texas and people discounted them, until a conservation officer caught them on camera traps.

Apprently they use to be indiginous to the South West way back in history, guess they wanted to move back in.

I also seen a episode were the Tasmanian tiger was thought to be extinct late 1800's, but yet there are photographs from the 1990's in the wild of what looks exactly like a Tasmanian tiger.

The Mountain Gorilla was thought a myth and legend like Big Foot, until the early
1900's when they were discovered to be real

If being a Crypto Zoologist was an actual paying job, I might have become one. That kind of stuff really interest me, but people consider more of a pseudo science.

Last edited by HHRSSouth; 05-28-2011 at 01:05 AM.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:42 AM

in other news, I guess I've never introduced a big part of my life, the beer cave:

I have a fridge that is completely dedicated to beer, alcohol(in the freezer), mixers, etc..

my guy friends think its awesome, I don't introduce girls to it until about 3 weeks in, lol

basically the way the beer cave works is, I fill it full of beer, then fill it full of empties... then recycle the empties and fill it full of beer, its a never ending cycle.... Miller Lite should be paying me for a damn commercial

so basically, I can trash my apartment with beer, but look like a responsible person who doesn't have beer cans/bottles all over the damn place

basically girls see your clean ass apartment and think "oh, a guy who takes care of himself"... then 3 weeks in "oh, what is fridge, oh ****, he's an alky"... but by then, they've already been laid so guess what, there is the door if you want to leave....

this is what happens when I don't have a car to occupy my time, I drink uncontrollably

Last edited by 08inBama; 05-28-2011 at 02:48 AM.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:03 AM

**** guys I'm tired
Old 05-28-2011, 03:05 AM

in other news, I guess I've never introduced a big part of my life, the beer cave:

I have a fridge that is completely dedicated to beer, alcohol(in the freezer), mixers, etc..

my guy friends think its awesome, I don't introduce girls to it until about 3 weeks in, lol

basically the way the beer cave works is, I fill it full of beer, then fill it full of empties... then recycle the empties and fill it full of beer, its a never ending cycle.... Miller Lite should be paying me for a damn commercial

so basically, I can trash my apartment with beer, but look like a responsible person who doesn't have beer cans/bottles all over the damn place

basically girls see your clean ass apartment and think "oh, a guy who takes care of himself"... then 3 weeks in "oh, what is fridge, oh ****, he's an alky"... but by then, they've already been laid so guess what, there is the door if you want to leave....

this is what happens when I don't have a car to occupy my time, I drink uncontrollably
You lie! I see mayo damn it
Old 05-28-2011, 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by bamaboy22
You lie! I see mayo damn it
yeah, I do have mayo and some cheese in there... i'm pretty sure I wouldn't eat either, lol

they've been in there since, last summer?
Old 05-28-2011, 09:56 AM

That's ******* nasty. Well I left home at 9pm last night after the hangover 2. Drove to mobile then none of my family wanted to answer the phone. So their I was sleepy but wired to the gills. 2noz 1 extra strength 5 hr energy 1 big monster and smoke every 10 mins
Old 05-28-2011, 10:39 AM

Adam, speaking of wrecks......

My first wreck was in the Navy, stationed in Washington State. I had just bought a 5.0 LX the week before and was rushing to take a friend to the airport in the rain.

I was only going 5 miles over the speed limit and I ended up doing (4) 360's, a end over end off an enbankment and landed on the drivers side roof and rolled up and over on all 4 tires.

The dude in the rear seat flew out the hatch and landed on the ground, I got knocked out sometime during the wreck and when the passenger woke up, I was laying in his lap. The roof above the drivers seat was smashed to the steering wheel.

The passenger pulled me out of the car and the guy who flew out the hatch had woke up from being knocked out in a clearing.

We all got taken to the hospital, me on a board and they kept asking me what hurt and I said the back of my head.

We arrive at the hospital and all were released 20 minutes later. I had the worse of the accident with a concussion and cut on my thumb (scar there still).

The reason my head was hurting was because they strapped it down to that hard ass board to tight to keep me from moving. At the time though I thought I had cracked my skull open or something it hurt so bad.

I took my new girlfreind at the time and showed her the car and she could not believe no one was killed, especially me.

Even though I didn't remember the wreck, only from what people had told me, subconsciously I was very nervous driving in the rain for a good 6 months after the accident.

I've never been in another wreck since then and that happened in the early 90's.

Last edited by HHRSSouth; 05-28-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:58 AM

i'm just ready for this to be over... whether the wreck comes back my fault or not(because I did hit them in the back end)... I just want to get an estimator out and find out its fate

if they fix it, i'll be happy

if they don't, i'll be happy

if they do fix it, they're going to cut me a nice depreciation check, you can bet that... though I still think its toast... you figure $3500 for the airbags, sensors, and seat belts before they even touch the damaged section... the front nose, grill, and bottom lip are going to run close to $1500(or more with paint)... that is $5000 and we're just getting started, lol.... I think it has more mechanical issues than most people believe in my "think its totaled" topic... I saw the radiator... i'm pretty sure its pushed all the way back to the block... what you can't see in the side shot is its not "flush"... the bottom of the car is pushed way back(more than likely bending the frame)... that is where the bike rack went in, lol

Last edited by 08inBama; 05-29-2011 at 01:10 AM.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:22 AM

Man it's totaled
Old 05-29-2011, 01:23 AM

i'm just ready for this to be over... whether the wreck comes back my fault or not(because I did hit them in the back end)... I just want to get an estimator out and find out its fate

if they fix it, i'll be happy

if they don't, i'll be happy

if they do fix it, they're going to cut me a nice depreciation check, you can bet that... though I still think its toast... you figure $3500 for the airbags, sensors, and seat belts before they even touch the damaged section... the front nose, grill, and bottom lip are going to run close to $1500(or more with paint)... that is $5000 and we're just getting started, lol.... I think it has more mechanical issues than most people believe in my "think its totaled" topic... I saw the radiator... i'm pretty sure its pushed all the way back to the block... what you can't see in the side shot is its not "flush"... the bottom of the car is pushed way back(more than likely bending the frame)... that is where the bike rack went in, lol
two words for you

Duct Tape
Old 05-29-2011, 01:30 AM

regardless i'm just ready to get the show on the road and get a new car or this one fixed... I missed last summer with a busted transmission, if this one goes into the shop, with all of the tornado damaged cars already in shops... I could probably expect it about September, lol
Old 05-29-2011, 03:46 PM

so i made it home....no gator's, some sunburn (STRAIGHT coconut oil WORK'S!!!!) and one HELL OF A HANGOVER!!!!

got some video's, there uploading now....didnt get any of us skiing or wakeboarding, but i did get 5 or 6 video's of us inner tubing...tried my best to slalom ski (one ski) and i almost drowned myself....i dont know when to let go lol....
Old 05-29-2011, 03:55 PM

oh yeah....heres a pic of the new house...at the end of the day its going to cost us a WHOPPING $55k

heres the listing site...
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/58...6/881478_zpid/
Old 05-29-2011, 05:42 PM

I think i've talked myself out of the Vette and have finally decided on a LS2 GTO... has to be a 6-speed

I got an insurance quote and even if the wreck is my fault, insurance will only go up $30/month...

on top of that, I can get one with around 45,000 miles for about $16,000, the KBB is almost $19,000 on them...

bolt-ons and a tune, they'll run mid/low 12s on some DRs... a cam away from 11s

anti-wheel hop kit will be my 1st purchase though

car payment will be around $375/month, which is about $100/month cheaper than the Cobalt... so with the small increase in insurance, i'm still coming out cheaper for a 400hp car, interior is nicer than the Vette to boot... as far as exterior, a lot of people don't like the GTOs, i do.. i've wanted one for years, almost bought one when I bought the Cobalt... its just seems to fit this time around, making more money, they are cheaper, i'm older so they are more reasonable to insure

and you don't see a TON of them either

and I miss sub 2.0 60s, lol... all I plan to do is headers, catback, cai, tune... and probably a small cam and probably just get the stock heads ported, LS2 heads are pretty bad ass when ported

my brother is trying to talk me out of it, he wants me to get a vette, but I don't want to pay $20,000 for a 10 year old car... my dad is wanting me to get a GTO, well, not "wanting" me to, he says its the more sensible buy... most parents might be trying to talk their kids into a non-performance car or truck, my parents know me... and know how miserable i would be with a slow car

Last edited by 08inBama; 05-29-2011 at 05:51 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:50 PM

YouTube - ‪LS2 GTO Exhaust‬‏

longtubes, x-pipe, magnaflow mufflers, yes sir
Old 05-29-2011, 09:54 PM

congrats scottie im trying to find me a foreclosure or something to get into and start investing in something that will be good for me long term.

im also trying to put together a K24 with K20 head build which would put me at 250whp NA but im trying to be mature and set things up for myself in the long run. lol
Old 05-29-2011, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by SeizeThyGod
oh yeah....heres a pic of the new house...at the end of the day its going to cost us a WHOPPING $55k

heres the listing site...
5826 Cheryl Dr, Pinson, AL 35126 - Zillow
Congrats man
Old 05-29-2011, 10:57 PM

Adam...my aunt was looking for a gto (6 speed in red) not too long ago...she decided against it for one reason....find a 6 speed gto that hasn't been wrecked...get a carfax....i LOVE those cars, she test drive one for 24 hours and it was a 6 speed ls2....one of the most fun cars I've ever driven
Old 05-29-2011, 11:06 PM

Wel I had a good trip. Ate 5lbs of fresh out of the water shrimp. Bought 10 but had to share(2.00 a lb). Brought justin back 15lbs. Ran into a red hhr ss turbo. Then on the way home got on the interstate behind a z06. Couldn't do a 40 so we did a 60-120. Fro
60-90 I was ahead a little. 90-120 he pulled but no more then a car. As he got off the interstate he honked gave a thumbs up grinning from ear to ear. Then the challenger. V6 wanted to play spanked him. Then a srt-8 jeep. Pulled him good from 55-120. He got me off the exit asked me what I had in it. I told him a 4cyl turbo dp and intake. He said I didn't give it my all but o feel even if I did I couldn't of taken you. Told him about the site how to get ahold of me said he might attend a meet to see the rest
Old 05-29-2011, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by SeizeThyGod

Adam...my aunt was looking for a gto (6 speed in red) not too long ago...she decided against it for one reason....find a 6 speed gto that hasn't been wrecked...get a carfax....i LOVE those cars, she test drive one for 24 hours and it was a 6 speed ls2....one of the most fun cars I've ever driven
that can be said for any car, and trust me... i'll run its history

http://tinyurl.com/42srr4z

something like that is what i'm looking for, another guy posted a summer orange metallic(or whatever they called it on the GTOs) one on LS1tech in Houston for 17,000 with roughly the same mileage... I could put an ad up on LS1tech and have a car within a week

Last edited by 08inBama; 05-29-2011 at 11:30 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:38 PM

Just wanted to let you know what I've found out in my searching....there few and far between in mint condition....

Quick Reply: Alabama