South East MS, AL, TN, GA, SC, NC, and FL

Alabama

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S2k needs tires damn they must suck a 2.4 60'! Send him back to driving school Adam :P.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:46 PM

tires aren't the issue, wheel hop is HORRENDOUS in it, I mean worse than any i've ever seen, I went for a ride with him through the 1/4 riding passenger and it is just down right terrible... that is why he was babying off the line most of the night
Old 10-29-2011, 09:04 PM

He didn't baby it when I rode lol. And did it feel like it was about to roll at the end to you
Old 10-29-2011, 09:57 PM

U mean like it has top end? It does he's done like a GPS confirmed 179mph in it
Old 10-29-2011, 11:02 PM

Lol
Old 10-30-2011, 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by 08inBama
U mean like it has top end? It does he's done like a GPS confirmed 179mph in it
Old 10-30-2011, 04:01 AM

no it seriously does have some top end on it...

and yeah, thrasher you didn't get to meet homeschool, he is the type to break out the GPS on you as well as Calculus in determining hp/weigh ratio, lol

way too smart for his own good...

tonight when myself and some friends were heading back from the club, he ran into us... he ended up following us to another buddies house which ended in "well, we're about to go into the house to this party" and him just driving away... we don't TRY to be mean, he just does it to himself with **** like that, lol

i got pretty pissed off tonight, I spotted my catch for the night, she was dressed as Princess Leia, but she had this slit up her leg and was tatted up to her panty line, oh my goodness, yes... anyway, after I made my move and broke the ice she then used the "i'm here with a friend" line.. I was like "girl friend, boy friend?" and I got the "boy friend" line... ok, if you let your girlfriend come to a party dressed as Prince Leia and looking like that, you need your ass kicked for being a dumb ass... and that pissed me off, because I just knew I was in that ****
Old 10-30-2011, 05:52 PM

I need to get my van done over the winter, so I can start hitting the strip regularly in something to run.

Richard is suppose to be doing the body work here within the next month, the sohc to dohc swap is ready, just waiting to get done with school Nov. 20th to swap it all over.

Paint job scheme I want has been figured out, just got to get the other 2 things done before painting it.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:26 PM

heard a few of yall made it out to "jdm sunday" at tom bradford, im part of the crew that puts that together every weekend...

told me i missed yall by like 30 minutes, brought the hatch out to play and get some miles on it...so far no problem's, ill be driving it to work tomorrow....

and hopefully before christmas it'll have this little snail on it...t28 .42/.48 8lb internal wg...should be fun...

expecting to get around 250hp and 230ft lb's tq....just enough to hang with yalls asses

heres a finished engine bay pic as well...

yall likey? its a stroker motor
Old 10-30-2011, 09:50 PM

We will see if u can
Old 10-30-2011, 10:40 PM

im hoping so....if not ill be content with just having a quick dd....i dont wanna max it or "see what itll do" i want to boost it dependably, turn key, vroom vroom kinda thing...

suck's major dick right this second though, i have no heat....not like it blow's cold, it just doesnt blow lol....vent's are hot though so the system is working just not the blower...
Old 10-30-2011, 11:32 PM

10 dolla says that t28 don't put you at 250 whp :P.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:38 PM

i'm hoping to order my SLP CAI this week... and get the tune the following week or the next... honestly think I can hit 12.6-12.7s with those two mods

there is a reason i'm going SLP... its essentially just the elbow to the stock air box and a dry flow filter... PERFECT... why? Janetty Racing tested it like that and got a gain of 9.1whp(with no tuning) but the airbox in the Camaro is IDENTICAL to the Cobalt... snorkel and all... i'm going to do the ZZP airbox/snorkel mod on the Camaro... may even try to buy the Cold Air Induction Race Scoop(snorkel) and modify it to fit the factory box... because the factory box faired very well in Jannetty's test, in fact the only CAIs to outperform it was the Cold Air Induction CAI with Race Scoop(though it requires relocating the washer fluid reservoir and I don't want to hack anything except the air box up under the hood), the K&N air charger(which IMO ruins the look under the hood), the SLP Blackwing, and the New Era which also requires some modifying(tilting the radiator)... but i'd like to see the SLP tested with an updated snorkel, because they tested it with the stock airbox and it still put down very impressive numbers and its also $200 compared to about $450 for the others... and honestly the cost isn't what sparked my interest, its knowing what I know about the LNF factory air box vs every CAI on the market... the Camaro guys are just WAY too stubborn to try to do things like that, they follow the vendors like their words are made of gold...

i'm just interested in going fast, screw pleasing a vendor

i'd like to have access to a dyno when I test it though, i'd like to dyno without the SLP, with the SLP on the stock air box, and then with the modded air box just to see the gains, I honestly think it would rival the "best" results of the other CAIs if not out perform them, of course even Jannetty said the peak numbers mean nothing, CAI Inc, had the "best" gains but the slowest acceleration, SLP and K&N were neck and neck and were the best performers as far as acceleration went

I'm more interested in hitting the 7s through the 1/8th than I am mid/low 12s through the 1/4...why? all the local tracks are 1/8th mile, I'd rather go down to it and run with the Cammed LS1s with a bolt-on 6-speed auto than go to Steele and hit mid/low 12s, lol

Last edited by 08inBama; 10-30-2011 at 11:52 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:56 AM

i'm hoping to order my SLP CAI this week... and get the tune the following week or the next... honestly think I can hit 12.6-12.7s with those two mods

there is a reason i'm going SLP... its essentially just the elbow to the stock air box and a dry flow filter... PERFECT... why? Janetty Racing tested it like that and got a gain of 9.1whp(with no tuning) but the airbox in the Camaro is IDENTICAL to the Cobalt... snorkel and all... i'm going to do the ZZP airbox/snorkel mod on the Camaro... may even try to buy the Cold Air Induction Race Scoop(snorkel) and modify it to fit the factory box... because the factory box faired very well in Jannetty's test, in fact the only CAIs to outperform it was the Cold Air Induction CAI with Race Scoop(though it requires relocating the washer fluid reservoir and I don't want to hack anything except the air box up under the hood), the K&N air charger(which IMO ruins the look under the hood), the SLP Blackwing, and the New Era which also requires some modifying(tilting the radiator)... but i'd like to see the SLP tested with an updated snorkel, because they tested it with the stock airbox and it still put down very impressive numbers and its also $200 compared to about $450 for the others... and honestly the cost isn't what sparked my interest, its knowing what I know about the LNF factory air box vs every CAI on the market... the Camaro guys are just WAY too stubborn to try to do things like that, they follow the vendors like their words are made of gold...

i'm just interested in going fast, screw pleasing a vendor

i'd like to have access to a dyno when I test it though, i'd like to dyno without the SLP, with the SLP on the stock air box, and then with the modded air box just to see the gains, I honestly think it would rival the "best" results of the other CAIs if not out perform them, of course even Jannetty said the peak numbers mean nothing, CAI Inc, had the "best" gains but the slowest acceleration, SLP and K&N were neck and neck and were the best performers as far as acceleration went

I'm more interested in hitting the 7s through the 1/8th than I am mid/low 12s through the 1/4...why? all the local tracks are 1/8th mile, I'd rather go down to it and run with the Cammed LS1s with a bolt-on 6-speed auto than go to Steele and hit mid/low 12s, lol
Exactly one of the reasons I built a AWD vehicle, traction is king for the 1/8th mile, even more so then the 1/4 in my opinion.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:17 PM

S2000 Comptech Supercharger Review - YouTube

LOL i figured all of you who were at the track would get a laugh out of that....
Old 10-31-2011, 10:22 PM

I'll check it out. Adam next month if you get a tune you will get a free red box cable
Old 10-31-2011, 11:29 PM

red box cable? I have the black box
Old 11-01-2011, 08:10 AM

Red is 08 and up it's new
Old 11-01-2011, 10:14 PM
TTR Powered

Originally Posted by JBThrasher22
@TeamSS could you take a speedo vid of a 60 roll maybe to 100ish 110ish or something. I want to see your mid to lower top end with the bnr set up.

Sure thing. I'll try to make one this weekend for ya.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:03 AM

adam if you get a red box i want your black one
Old 11-02-2011, 05:34 PM

naw, i'm going to keep the black one, for the LS1 tunes...

and I was going to order the CAI 1st then tune, screw it... i'm going tune 1st... if not this check, the next... too many damn bills at the 1st of the month, lol

and when does Steele close for the year?

Last edited by 08inBama; 11-02-2011 at 06:57 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:44 PM

this....

link...

Ecotec Mafia [IHS-C-ECOMAF] - $2.50 : ihatestickers.com, Your number one online source for edgy stickers.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:01 AM

I watched one of my good friend's nephew ball all over a team in the State playoffs tonight:

Devin Sullivan, remember that name... kid is a Sophomore and already getting looks from the SEC, his speed is on a whole different level from any back i've seen.. and i've seen some damn fast back(who are currently playing D1 in the SEC) play football... i'm talking Carnell Williams, Jalston Fowler, Brent Calloway, Ivan Matchett, etc.

his team got down 21-0 tonight off turnovers but then he went into beast mode... I don't know how many yards he ended up with, a hell of a lot, lol... they won 51-27... yeah, 51 unanswered points(Chelsea scored last but was getting thrashed at that point, lol) and he had 5 or 6 rushing TDs, I can't remember... and a couple of them were big runs

and he's not at some little school, its 5A football

kid is a freaking beast

he even has that look like you know he's a bad ass

he's predicted to be the top prospect in 2013 in the state and good news guys: huge bama fan, lol

you don't think one kid that good can make a team, well, he got hurt last year in fall practices as a freshman(would have started)... started his 1st game this year and by game 3 had schools in the SEC saying "who is this kid?" they went undefeated in the regular season 5A with their only loss coming to a top 5 6A school by 7 on the road in a game they had 4 turnovers... they'll probably make a run at state and this is their 1st year making the playoffs in like 10 years, lol... when you have one kid this good, he can be a game changer from terrible to state contenders with one player... oh some people will say "their is no I in team"... but there is an I in WIN, and this kid proves that, lol

Last edited by 08inBama; 11-05-2011 at 12:15 AM.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:59 PM

I watched one of my good friend's nephew ball all over a team in the State playoffs tonight:

Devin Sullivan, remember that name... kid is a Sophomore and already getting looks from the SEC, his speed is on a whole different level from any back i've seen.. and i've seen some damn fast back(who are currently playing D1 in the SEC) play football... i'm talking Carnell Williams, Jalston Fowler, Brent Calloway, Ivan Matchett, etc.

his team got down 21-0 tonight off turnovers but then he went into beast mode... I don't know how many yards he ended up with, a hell of a lot, lol... they won 51-27... yeah, 51 unanswered points(Chelsea scored last but was getting thrashed at that point, lol) and he had 5 or 6 rushing TDs, I can't remember... and a couple of them were big runs

and he's not at some little school, its 5A football

kid is a freaking beast

he even has that look like you know he's a bad ass

he's predicted to be the top prospect in 2013 in the state and good news guys: huge bama fan, lol

you don't think one kid that good can make a team, well, he got hurt last year in fall practices as a freshman(would have started)... started his 1st game this year and by game 3 had schools in the SEC saying "who is this kid?" they went undefeated in the regular season 5A with their only loss coming to a top 5 6A school by 7 on the road in a game they had 4 turnovers... they'll probably make a run at state and this is their 1st year making the playoffs in like 10 years, lol... when you have one kid this good, he can be a game changer from terrible to state contenders with one player... oh some people will say "their is no I in team"... but there is an I in WIN, and this kid proves that, lol
You have black friends?
j/k j/k
Old 11-06-2011, 11:51 AM

people call me crazy but after the bolt-ons and a tune, i'm going this route:

https://secure.merlinsoftware.com.au...CAMARO+DRAG+II

its $1800 but when I cam it, i'm going to be glad I did that beforehand

if all goes as plan with my job when I top out in 2 years I hope to by them have it bolt-on/cammed... then i'm honestly thinking about pulling the engine and doing some forging before throwing on a TVS2300 or Vortec V-3 Si... definitely will go s/c over turbo though... turbos on a v8 are great when are looking to make 850+whp but you can easily get to 650 with a blower while having a powerband that is useful besides on a dyno and drag strip... and of course, the sound of the blower

will have to take a break on the car though probably this summer, going back to school to finish my degree(while keeping my full time job and going to training with it through the local)... I can finish my degree up online so I wont physically be going to class, its just going to consume all my spare time.... but it'll be worth it, getting the degree will probably be a difference between $60,000 a year and $110,000 a year doing the same job(well actually the better paying job you do LESS, lol)

Last edited by 08inBama; 11-06-2011 at 11:59 AM.

Quick Reply: Alabama