Old 02-16-2012, 10:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
import face off is sunday
Old 02-17-2012, 04:37 PM

Boom he told you
Old 02-17-2012, 07:25 PM

think I got a new job...back to carpentry for walker patton....

I can pour sidewalks for 15 an hour...no problem...thanks golden and associates for learning me how to read structural, architectural and civil drawings...

finally!
Old 02-17-2012, 08:20 PM
TTR Powered

Originally Posted by bamaboy22
Boom he told you

hahaha.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:41 AM

damn we had a blast tonight with a little side-by-side action... all decided to meet up at the Martin's family clothing store here about 9:00ish, as I was about to pull in, I noticed the show was over... cops were everywhere, lol... had a LS1 trans am and a WRX(both of which were parked) and about 5-6 cops in the lot waiting for the rest of us... I guess they told them to leave, etc.... well, at this point, I turn around and start to call people to tell them meeting there is going to be a no go but I notice some people parked at the car wash not too far away... they too had seen the cops and ditched that idea, through the wonderful world of cell phones, but more importantly smart phones and facebook messaging, we were able to regather the troops...

I ran a WS6 trans am 1st, this car is NOT stock, my friend Greg had the car a couple of owners ago and he never would tell me what was done to it, but he was running circles around "legit" stock WS6s... the guy who owns it now has had it since the summer but tonight was his 1st night racing... 1st race, he says he missed 3rd but by the time he hit 3rd, I already have a car or so on him, lol... race 2 I spun BAD(got completely side ways) and yet still ran him down by our 1/4 markoff, I finished about a nose ahead of him... everyone was like "damn, you guys are close"... rather than make excuses I told him to run me again, this time I hooked, he didn't miss a gear, and I beat him by 2 cars...

I kind of sat back and enjoyed some racing for a while then ran my buddy Cortez's G8 GT... he has headers, a cai, and a tune... but he is a pretty big guy(around 300lbs)... he and I raced when I was stock and I beat him, but he had bald tires then... tonight, he had brand new tires....but I now have mods, lol.... I beat him every single run, the only race we had that was close, we had a flagger and the guy royally F'D it up and I got an extremely late start

but I did get beat by 2 cars, one was a dark green WS6 trans am with headers and all the bolt-ons(but it wasn't bad at ALL less than 2 cars, probably around a car) and the other being greg in his Starion, oh I knew I was going to lose that race, its over 475whp, I just wanted to see it run, lol

and in between that, undercover cops were tailing us all night, but no one got popped so a good night with no incidents, though in one of the races, we had a cadillac CTS go by before we got lined up, they pulled off the road, and parked... I told them I bet it was an undercover(and this was when myself and Cortez were about to line up) and we both said, screw it, we can out run a CTS, lol... so we told everyone it was a run and bolt, we lined them up, did a pull... and everyone followed us out where we met up at a nearby church.... can't ever stay in one spot long, that is where people get caught, instead of having one really good spot, we have about 6 pretty good spots and just rotate them up, even not hit some for MONTHS and then decide to try our luck...

but we are sensible about it, everywhere we race at, we have to drive like 15 miles out in the middle of NO WHERE to get some runs in... we had an AWESOME spot where the cops wouldn't even bother us, it was about a mile long stretch perfectly flat in the middle of a cotton field... well, as of this summer, those cotton fields are now home to developing subdivisions, they just completed the 1st house a couple of weeks ago, we went out there tonight and the 1st people are moving in... so that place and its 30 year history of being THE spot where everyone races, is now officially retired
Old 02-18-2012, 10:32 AM

Paranoid much?

If the cops were undercover and wanted to get you they could have, can't out run a radio bud.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by HHRSSouth
Paranoid much?

If the cops were undercover and wanted to get you they could have, can't out run a radio bud.
you can outrun the radio easily... no one runs through the middle of town... that radio is useless when the next town in 25 miles away and they are heading toward back roads.... want to know how to outrun a Motorola? its called a turn

the ones who spent the night following us through town couldn't "get us if they wanted"... its not illegal to cruise around with 30+ cars... I mean common sense will tell you if 30+ performance oriented cars are meeting up and cruising around, they are probably racing... but that doesn't hold up in court

if you think any one cruiser would even so much as keep up... you are crazy... like not even getting close enough to get a tag number...

i'm not condoning running, i'm just saying even if you pull over you are looking at close to $2k in fines, a loss of license, and insurance cancellation... so if you are going to race, you had better be prepared for the consequences... and in the event the blue lights come on you got two choices, both sides are going to argue about what one should do... call it instinct or whatever you want, but I know what my choice is

the thing is, if you use common sense, you generally won't have to deal with that... even last night when we thought an undercover was "watching us"... who cares? he wouldn't be out to get into a hot pursuit in a single unmarked... because by the time he'd turned on his blue lights, we would be over a 1/4 mile away and he'd no there is no way in hell he'd actually run us down... what he was probably doing? radioing it in for backup, it takes more than one cop to take down several cars...Because we pretty much knew more backup was heading out there, we got our quick races in and got the hell out of there... staying in one spot gets you caught... we raced in 3 different counties last night and I used over a half a tank of gas, lol

and considering in leaving the spot where the CTS parked we got tailed by 2 undercover cars and one marked car all the way until we stopped at a gas station, i'm going to guess the CTS did in fact radio it in...

I really do not see a problem with us street racing the way we do, of course the media and everyone else complains about it because of the IDIOTS who get out and do it where there is innocent traffic... like the kid who got killed in Athens racing last week, doing 140+ on highway 72 in an Infinit G35 and got airborne, left the highway, flipped several times, and his car burned up... people like that are ASKING for death or to kill someone else, the ENTIRE time we were within the city limits last night, everyone had sense about them... mostly because we had multiple cops watching our every move but also because that is NOT how we race... we go out to the farm land that is abundant here and throw down... its a good time, no one gets hurt, except some feelings, and we go our separate ways at the end of the night... its better than us all getting drunk as s*** at a bar and hitting the roads or spending Friday nights slinging crack, etc... as long as there are cars, people will race... sure you can "take it to the track" and we'll all be glad to next month... but there is still an adrenaline rush you only get street racing, maybe its because its wrong and just the underground background it has, but I live for it... its America's past time for me

Last edited by 08inBama; 02-18-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:57 AM

***Double Post***

Oh yeah, Vince is doing big things on these cars as well... in the next few days i'll post of a new video of his "revised" tune... some other guys have already went to it on the L99s, I hope to be able to tomorrow, but don't know that I will

also the 1st Friday night Steele opens, myself and several cars from this area are heading up... we'll have some fairly strong runners coming, most of which were absent last night, lol...
Old 02-19-2012, 11:51 AM

Me and Vince need to have a chat. My car for sometime now has been throwing a evap code and take forever to crank after putting has in it. Then recently a lean at idle/decl took the tune off first 3 days it still done it. Now nothing it's strange makes me think it's the tune
Old 02-19-2012, 02:20 PM

Me and Vince need to have a chat. My car for sometime now has been throwing a evap code and take forever to crank after putting has in it. Then recently a lean at idle/decl took the tune off first 3 days it still done it. Now nothing it's strange makes me think it's the tune
After Richard had contacted Vince about tuning issues multiple times, Vince told him the tune looked good and there was nothing else he could do to fix it.

So Richard got HPT tuned and it fixed the problems he was having.

With that being said I haven't had no problems out of the Trifecta tune on my Regal, but the Reagal is no where as modified or aggressively tuned as the HHR SS was.

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/08-1...-ccss3-270850/

^That would be 2 people now that had Trifecta tunes with problems.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:14 PM

yeah, if I had extensive work done, i'd probably get away from Vince as well... bolt-ons and a tune? you are good to go, when you start adding turbo upgrades, etc. I really do think there are better options... for example, when I cam the Camaro... i'll be heading to Lacy Springs to get my tune...

here is what I did today though via Trifecta:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qibuAV0Y1LE

Ghost Cam on a L99
Old 02-20-2012, 10:18 PM
TTR Powered

Josh, The EVAP isnt your tune bud.

its the Evap Cylinoide on the Manifold right by the MAP Sensor.
I know, because mine did the same thing last year.
Its a $25 GM replacement and only takes a few mins to change out.

Now on the Lean at idle. that is 110% your tune. now when you talk to vince, he mite say other wise bud.

Originally Posted by HHRSSouth
After Richard had contacted Vince about tuning issues multiple times, Vince told him the tune looked good and there was nothing else he could do to fix it.

So Richard got HPT tuned and it fixed the problems he was having.

With that being said I haven't had no problems out of the Trifecta tune on my Regal, but the Reagal is no where as modified or aggressively tuned as the HHR SS was.

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/08-1...-ccss3-270850/

^That would be 2 people now that had Trifecta tunes with problems.

Yes i had contacted vince more times a week then anyone should have too. But like i tell other people is, that vince is a good guy in all. but not reliable when it comes to tunes.

My Fathers car was (Not no more) tuned by Trifecta, and he wanted a revise for boost control / Trq management. Sent the E-mail 1-06-12.. and its now 2-20-12 with no Replys to his request or to the other people i've tuned.

Like Paul said, i had no less then 3-5 CEL codes a day along with limp mode. Ruff idle. And when i finally got my E-blend Revised tune in. the car went to hell.

I was at the point of selling the car, until i contacted CCSS3 (james) about my car, so i drove up to nashville TN one weekend and meet with james. 3-1/2hrs later the car was like brand new, ran better, had more power (even if my clutch slipping) safely.

what i'm trying to say is that... I'm much happier with Hptuners then Trifecta Performance.

Reasons Why?

With Vince (Trifecta), i had to wait weeks to get my questions answered.

With James (CCSS3), i don't. he replys the same day weather by Text or phone calls.

Last edited by Team SS; 02-20-2012 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-22-2012, 12:17 AM

2010 Camaro SS L99 Ghost Cam clip 2.wmv - YouTube

better audio

not trying to brag, but it sounds about as well as any V8 i've heard in a while.... get compliments on it all the time and its sounds much better idling now
Old 02-22-2012, 08:52 PM

Vince has been on vacation he's been posting pics on Facebook lol. And I got the 2 sensors replaced by a guy names hehaw ask justin he went with me. But haven't had the lean at idle problem anymore.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:44 PM
TTR Powered

Well that's good lol.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:22 AM

And me n Vince have emailed back and forth all day.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:10 AM

Does anyone have the black box cable for a trifecta tune
Old 02-24-2012, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by BnBama
Does anyone have the black box cable for a trifecta tune
BamaBoy22 aka Josh is a Trifecta Dealer/Tuner so he should.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:03 PM

Ya what's up pm me your number and welxome
Old 02-24-2012, 04:08 PM
TTR Powered

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/sout...t-year-272243/
Old 02-24-2012, 06:10 PM

actually March 31st the Speakerbox is having a pretty big meet in Huntsville... i'm already going with some local car guys, but you all should come as well... should be a good meet, they had over 100 cars last year and it was their 1st meet with little advertisement, expecting quite a few more this year
Old 02-24-2012, 11:29 PM

oh yeah, Bud Light Platinum... don't waste your money... i'll admit to being a Miller kind of guy but I can tolerate Bud Light, however, this **** is terrible... I mean, i'm still going to drink it because i'm not about to drive back to town and all... but just a word for the wise, steer clear of it, it sucks
Old 02-25-2012, 07:58 PM

Met up with the new guy today. Clean car nice guy an Paul your not the only old guy now
Old 02-26-2012, 07:44 PM

Lol you say that like I'm 50

Quick Reply: Alabama