South East MS, AL, TN, GA, SC, NC, and FL

Alabama

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if it was thing I have learned about street racing... you never want to be the lead cars... I was one of the lead cars the 1st trip of the night... but when we got through and and it was over... I thought it was over... I told everyone it was a bad idea to go back... basically the setup is, we have a mile long bridge here, well, its actually 2 bridges that run parallel across the river... 3 north bound lanes, 3 south bound lanes, and the river is the border between 2 counties... usually we'll drive across the bridge heading south bound and right past the bridge is a little u-turn area... then people will race back when the traffic is clear, that is the way we scout for cops... you have a mile and 3 lanes so you got plenty of room... but its a TERRIBLE spot to race.. because of the cops, if you go there once in a night and DON'T get caught, consider it good... i mean its one thing to be going across it and get involved in a short little sprint, no cops EVER sit on it, they are always on one of the sides when you come off... we just had way too many cars... and decided to go back

the reason I didn't get caught is me and a built fox body were going to run... so when everyone did the u-turn at the spot I was talking about, he and I went down to the light about a 1/4 mile down the road to do a U-turn(was way too many cars and we wanted to get some room to race)... when we did our U-turn at the light, I saw the undercover(I think he was in a Ford Ranger) do a U-turn with them, they knew the gig was up and everyone laid into it... like I said, myself and the 5.0 were behind all of this going down... when I got across the bridge, cops were flying in every direction... I was never involved in any kind of pursuit or anything, but I KNEW it was going to be bad... way too many cops and they were having to run towards town(Southbound is also heading toward a town but you can turn left at the light I did the U-turn, make a quick right and haul ass out into the country and Southbound is they way I usually race... but all these guys are from the Northbound side of the River... I drove by one of my friends house who lives about 2 minutes from that bridge to see if everyone was there... some of them were but I didn't see a lot of them, so I kept driving... ended up getting tailed by cops, but never blue lighted... got up with one of my friends and he told me that the guy with the s/c Camaro had got caught, we didn't know about the wreck... so I then went back to the house

when I pulled up, one of my friends and his g/f jumped in my car, apparently they had come up with the bright idea of driving over there and seeing if we could get his car, because he had texted saying it was getting towed, but didn't mention "oh yeah, they pitted me and its crashed"... when I head toward the scene, there is about 10 cop cars at the entry point of the dead end road where he wrecked... I told them "Look, you guys can call me the biggest b**** if you want, but i'm in a 2010 Camaro SS about to pull up to a scene where another 2010 Camaro SS just tried to run and was wrecked, if we go over there, i'm probably going to jail for attempting to evade even though I didn't even run"(because SEVERAL people ran but only 2 were pursued)... they agreed and we turned around... an hour later we went over there and saw where he had wrecked, and I spotted all the transmission fluid, etc. and told them it was probably going to be pretty bad

he turned on what he thought was a side road that circled around to the bridge, so he could get back on it and haul ass Southbound... but he turned one road too soon, and he was actually hauling ass right toward a locked gate of some type of business, he went through the gate and was trying to haul around their facility to either hide out or head back out... but when he tried to head back out, the big ass SUV was in the process of making a U-turn, and another Unit was trying to cut him off, he swerved around that car... but the SUV had already decided to ram him... and rammed him off the road into a ditch... game over
Old 05-19-2012, 01:05 PM

Sounds like you got lucky.

Now you need to find what junkyard the 10 SS got taken to so you can get the supercharger off it for cheap
Old 05-19-2012, 01:51 PM

lol...

I wonder if he'll let it go for bail?

we all got to grow up sometime and i'm not about to knock myself out of a potential high paying career over this petty sh*t

Last edited by 08inBama; 05-19-2012 at 03:07 PM.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:06 PM

I'm glad u learned your lesson
Old 05-20-2012, 05:13 PM

and the damage isn't too bad on his car, he got it out of impound and had it towed to one of my friends house... I looked the car over this morning, mostly cosmetic, I did spot a broken control arm on the front drivers side, and i'm pretty sure something in the suspension is broken on the rear of the drivers side... but the SUV his him in the back bumper, not the 1/4 panel... one of his wheels did get bent, but not from impact... I told him i'd probably buy a new set just in case... there is probably $3-4,000 worth of damage

and he ended up getting some of the charges thrown out... in the end, they just gave him racing on the highway, improper lane change, and reckless endangerment, dropped the reckless driving and attempt to evade, so he got lucky on that, they also think he's the ring leader of our little crew(if anything though, I am, lol) and also they tried to get information out of him on who the other guy that ran was and told him "we know it was either a white Cavalier or G6"... Cayne told them "yeah, it was a turbo Cavalier"

....it wasn't lol

and it wasn't a G6 either, they did have the color right
Old 05-21-2012, 10:25 AM

"Pizza guy voice" Damn street racers!
Old 05-21-2012, 10:34 PM
TTR Powered

damn. Thats why i dont street race
Old 05-22-2012, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by 08inBama
went out for a night of fun on the town, saw 2 friends go to jail, one with a totaled supercharged 2010 Camaro SS... never again... i'm done with street racing... track only from here on out

they set our asses up tonight and finally cracked down... and brought the hammer, pit maneuvers and all... and I wish I was joking, I saw a SUV push a Camaro off the road and into a ditch, and I don't mean it ran him down or anything... I mean blindsided him as he tried to speed by
This is absolutely insane!!! I haven't heard of anything this bad around here in years. I'm really curious where this all went down. There's 16 race spots I know of in this area, but much less than that get used.
Originally Posted by HHRSSouth
Sounds like you got a little snitch in your group of race friends. No doubt they relayed the info ahead of time to set you guys up.

Trust no one!
It doesn't take a snitch to figure out where the racing is going on. Any officer on a routine patrol will notice the side-by-side black marks.
nope, it was our own damn fault, we went back... you never go back. that is rule #1...
Yes, that is rule #1. And very rarely can you break it without consequences.
if it was thing I have learned about street racing... you never want to be the lead cars... I was one of the lead cars the 1st trip of the night... but when we got through and and it was over... I thought it was over... I told everyone it was a bad idea to go back... basically the setup is, we have a mile long bridge here, well, its actually 2 bridges that run parallel across the river... 3 north bound lanes, 3 south bound lanes, and the river is the border between 2 counties... usually we'll drive across the bridge heading south bound and right past the bridge is a little u-turn area... then people will race back when the traffic is clear, that is the way we scout for cops... you have a mile and 3 lanes so you got plenty of room... but its a TERRIBLE spot to race.. because of the cops, if you go there once in a night and DON'T get caught, consider it good... i mean its one thing to be going across it and get involved in a short little sprint, no cops EVER sit on it, they are always on one of the sides when you come off... we just had way too many cars... and decided to go back

the reason I didn't get caught is me and a built fox body were going to run... so when everyone did the u-turn at the spot I was talking about, he and I went down to the light about a 1/4 mile down the road to do a U-turn(was way too many cars and we wanted to get some room to race)... when we did our U-turn at the light, I saw the undercover(I think he was in a Ford Ranger) do a U-turn with them, they knew the gig was up and everyone laid into it... like I said, myself and the 5.0 were behind all of this going down... when I got across the bridge, cops were flying in every direction... I was never involved in any kind of pursuit or anything, but I KNEW it was going to be bad... way too many cops and they were having to run towards town(Southbound is also heading toward a town but you can turn left at the light I did the U-turn, make a quick right and haul ass out into the country and Southbound is they way I usually race... but all these guys are from the Northbound side of the River... I drove by one of my friends house who lives about 2 minutes from that bridge to see if everyone was there... some of them were but I didn't see a lot of them, so I kept driving... ended up getting tailed by cops, but never blue lighted... got up with one of my friends and he told me that the guy with the s/c Camaro had got caught, we didn't know about the wreck... so I then went back to the house

when I pulled up, one of my friends and his g/f jumped in my car, apparently they had come up with the bright idea of driving over there and seeing if we could get his car, because he had texted saying it was getting towed, but didn't mention "oh yeah, they pitted me and its crashed"... when I head toward the scene, there is about 10 cop cars at the entry point of the dead end road where he wrecked... I told them "Look, you guys can call me the biggest b**** if you want, but i'm in a 2010 Camaro SS about to pull up to a scene where another 2010 Camaro SS just tried to run and was wrecked, if we go over there, i'm probably going to jail for attempting to evade even though I didn't even run"(because SEVERAL people ran but only 2 were pursued)... they agreed and we turned around... an hour later we went over there and saw where he had wrecked, and I spotted all the transmission fluid, etc. and told them it was probably going to be pretty bad

he turned on what he thought was a side road that circled around to the bridge, so he could get back on it and haul ass Southbound... but he turned one road too soon, and he was actually hauling ass right toward a locked gate of some type of business, he went through the gate and was trying to haul around their facility to either hide out or head back out... but when he tried to head back out, the big ass SUV was in the process of making a U-turn, and another Unit was trying to cut him off, he swerved around that car... but the SUV had already decided to ram him... and rammed him off the road into a ditch... game over
Unreal. Straight out of a movie. I'm still in shock.

we all got to grow up sometime and i'm not about to knock myself out of a potential high paying career over this petty sh*t
I think that's why a lot of people get out of it--something bigger in life comes along.
and the damage isn't too bad on his car, he got it out of impound and had it towed to one of my friends house... I looked the car over this morning, mostly cosmetic, I did spot a broken control arm on the front drivers side, and i'm pretty sure something in the suspension is broken on the rear of the drivers side... but the SUV his him in the back bumper, not the 1/4 panel... one of his wheels did get bent, but not from impact... I told him i'd probably buy a new set just in case... there is probably $3-4,000 worth of damage

and he ended up getting some of the charges thrown out... in the end, they just gave him racing on the highway, improper lane change, and reckless endangerment, dropped the reckless driving and attempt to evade, so he got lucky on that, they also think he's the ring leader of our little crew(if anything though, I am, lol) and also they tried to get information out of him on who the other guy that ran was and told him "we know it was either a white Cavalier or G6"... Cayne told them "yeah, it was a turbo Cavalier"

....it wasn't lol

and it wasn't a G6 either, they did have the color right
Sucks for the damage, but it doesn't surprise me about the reduction in charges. I bet with a good attorney, he'd just get off with driving school.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:10 PM

Well you **** I ordered my HPTuners finally , I actually ordered it from Hinson Motorsports in Birmingham after having some trouble with another online source. I ordered it 38 minutes ago and they shipped it out 12 minutes ago rofl that is what I am talking about fast shipping buddy lol.

I'm going to have James do a remote tune until I can meet up with him for a more personal touch. I'll compare it to my Trifecta since I had one of the more aggressive ones done by Vince. I want to learn to tweak my tune myself though since I have done all the work to my car personally except the tune.

I'm excited
Old 05-22-2012, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by JBThrasher22
Well you **** I ordered my HPTuners finally , I actually ordered it from Hinson Motorsports in Birmingham after having some trouble with another online source. I ordered it 38 minutes ago and they shipped it out 12 minutes ago rofl that is what I am talking about fast shipping buddy lol.

I'm going to have James do a remote tune until I can meet up with him for a more personal touch. I'll compare it to my Trifecta since I had one of the more aggressive ones done by Vince. I want to learn to tweak my tune myself though since I have done all the work to my car personally except the tune.

I'm excited
No doubt the HPTUners will be more powerful.

Trifecta was on par or equal to the HPTuners tune when all of HPTuners tables were still locked, while Vince@Trifecta had unlocked most of it for his program.
Once they started unlocking more tables for HPTuners it basically made it the best and most powerful tunes for the LNF now.

You should have a noticeable improvement all around.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:11 PM

There is a 2-3 day course in atl that teaches tuning your gi bill might cover it want me to find u info
Old 05-24-2012, 02:08 AM

well i'm putting the performance mods on hold for a while, just got word that the C6 Zo6 Motorsport wheels are now available in a 20x11

going to run stagger, 20X11s on the back, 19x9.5 on the front(10" is the max wheel width you can put up front without scrubbing, 20x11 is all they make a 20" in)... with a 295/40/20 on the back and a 255/40/19 on the front... they were cheaper than I thought they would be, 2 20X11s and 2 19X9.5s are about $1250 with free shipping, tires about $915, so about $2175 worth of wheel and tire... that is my cam swap, but it'll be clean as hell with those wheels... lower it 1.2" with some tint, sex

its loud enough and fast enough for the time being, now I want to enhance the visuals a little... I would have waited, but when I found out they finally got around to this, i've got to have these wheels... i've wanted them every since I bought my car, only to be disappointed to find out 19 was as big as they went... I emailed the damn company to even see about getting some custom made(probably would have been EXPENSIVE, but I was desperate, lol) and they told me these wheels were "in the works"... that was about November of last year... got an email today saying their 1st ones will ship out Friday

might not have the fastest camaro in the state, just going for cleanest, lol

Last edited by 08inBama; 05-24-2012 at 02:17 AM.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:27 PM

There nice, but they look heavy, are they chrome?

I was never a fan of any kind of heavy wheels on a performance vehicle.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:56 PM

I haven't seen a light 20 yet lol
Old 05-24-2012, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by bamaboy22
I haven't seen a light 20 yet lol
Rays Gram Light R57GT's look like ******* sex and they are 24 lb 20's lol.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by HHRSSouth
There nice, but they look heavy, are they chrome?

I was never a fan of any kind of heavy wheels on a performance vehicle.
they weigh 33lbs, my stock wheel weighs 31... yeah it'll be an additional 8lbs of rotating mass, which will be about an "additional" 50-75lbs in real time weight... but I don't care, they look damn good
Old 05-25-2012, 04:08 PM

looks like the offset will be the downfall, everything else is right, but because its such a wide wheel, with spacers it'd stick out the side of the car because of the incorrect offsets, I mean, it'd fit... but I wouldn't ruin my car like that... so I guess its between these two Foose wheels:

both are 100% matches, clear the Brembos, correct offset and everything, though its a 10" wheel in the back so the largest tire I can safely run is a 295 I think(which is what I was going to run on the 11" anyway), I might could pull a 305 off but wouldn't risk it

little pricier, about $1400 a set but both are LIGHTER than my stock wheels
Old 05-25-2012, 08:11 PM

looks like the offset will be the downfall, everything else is right, but because its such a wide wheel, with spacers it'd stick out the side of the car because of the incorrect offsets, I mean, it'd fit... but I wouldn't ruin my car like that... so I guess its between these two Foose wheels:

both are 100% matches, clear the Brembos, correct offset and everything, though its a 10" wheel in the back so the largest tire I can safely run is a 295 I think(which is what I was going to run on the 11" anyway), I might could pull a 305 off but wouldn't risk it

little pricier, about $1400 a set but both are LIGHTER than my stock wheels
I like the 2nd set that are black/machined.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:04 AM

yeah, every one says the 2nd one, and I already knew that, 1st one looks too much like the mustang wheel every body seems to run on them
Old 05-27-2012, 10:43 PM

I don't know how I found this, but the world needs to see it:

So How do you pronounce Coke - Korean language lesson - YouTube

lol
Old 05-28-2012, 01:33 PM
TTR Powered

its that time again boys lol

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/fron...voting-279761/
Old 05-29-2012, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Team SS
Voted and holy **** I hope you don't get beat by that ugly ass G5 with that ricey ass grand prix hood ****. Why do people think that **** even looks decent.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:05 PM
TTR Powered

I don't know man.

I need moar votes guys!
Old 05-29-2012, 02:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't know how I found this, but the world needs to see it:

So How do you pronounce Coke - Korean language lesson - YouTube

lol

Old 05-29-2012, 11:26 PM