Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that was random
Old 05-31-2012, 08:58 PM
TTR Powered

very lol
Old 06-02-2012, 09:47 AM

Josh I should have came with yall, lol.... this b**** is crazy, I mean when you get back to your house at 8:15 in the morning, it was a good night but I should have just went to the damn drag strip
Old 06-02-2012, 09:52 AM

Well if you went to the strip, post up some numbers. You guys getting any faster?
Old 06-02-2012, 02:33 PM

i'm making my redebut tonight, but its 1/8th mile... Josh text me at like 7 o'clock last night for Steele, and I didn't make it... already had plans and Steele is about 2 hours from me, so i'd had to of left as soon as he text me to make it on time, so I'll probably go this Friday or the next back to the 1/4
Old 06-02-2012, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by 08inBama
i'm making my redebut tonight, but its 1/8th mile... Josh text me at like 7 o'clock last night for Steele, and I didn't make it... already had plans and Steele is about 2 hours from me, so i'd had to of left as soon as he text me to make it on time, so I'll probably go this Friday or the next back to the 1/4
I meant Josh and those guys down there, but I'm interestd in what your running also since you added some bolts ons.
Old 06-02-2012, 04:14 PM
TTR Powered

Josh, you never texted me about the track lol

Thats a shame
Old 06-04-2012, 11:57 PM

Old 06-05-2012, 10:45 AM

Well how did you fair against that 2g eclipse?
Old 06-05-2012, 01:50 PM

I beat him once, he beat me once...

his mod list was a damn laundry list, lol.... ported head, cams, injectors, big FMIC, bigger turbo... and we were banging doors all night... his car wasn't running right though, it'd randomly break apart at different times... he only ran me twice but he ran the car several times his car was very inconsistent, one time he'd have E.T. in the 8.40-8.50s range(where I was), the next he'd run a 8.70 or worse... he wasn't happy with the car at all, he was expecting to get it in the 7s... my friends asked him what he had done to it, and he pulled up his build on a forum so we could just read it instead... then he asked "whats done to yours?"...."headers, catback, and a tune I got prior to the headers"...

he was a pretty cool guy and i'm sure he'll get it dialed in and it'll be fast... that was the 1st time he'd had it at the track since buying it

both of us were schooling his friends new 5.0, lol

Last edited by 08inBama; 06-05-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:43 PM

I didn't take my car I went to get away from the bitch and drink. Justin couldn't find any meth. Joel needs a tb
Old 06-05-2012, 04:20 PM

you guys should get justin some help, if he's going to the drag strip in hopes of buying meth

Old 06-05-2012, 04:33 PM
TTR Powered

let me know when the next track day is. i have a few pulls i need to do before upgrading the turbo again lol
Old 06-06-2012, 09:40 AM

Im about ready to start this thing up and tune it again. Just waiting on 1 vendor to send me my MSD wires (no local part stores could even get them, go figure) and 170 thermostat to finish buttoning the engine up.

I ordered the **** from them May 24th, called them Monday and they just so happen to forget to tell me the thermostat was on back order but everything was suppose to be shipped out Tuesday. And these small performance parts companies wonder why we use bigger shops for stuff.

Any how, I bet my laundry list is as long as that 2g Eclipse or longer. Though I'm stuck with the 20g turbocharger until I do a computer swap, which isn;t going to be anytime this year. Maybe next summer or something if the van isn;t fast enough. Then slap a big ass 500 whp turbo on there and some giant injectors.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:02 PM

my next mods will be the Vararam Intake, Vmax CNC ported throttle body, and then a retune... followed by some sticky tires and BMR drag pack(sway bars and bushings)

after that, i'm thinking very seriously about getting some diamond pistons and nitrous friendly rings from Texas speed, already got access to a dry kit whenever I want it, can get the correct adapters for a couple hundred bucks and will go visit Lane in Lacey springs for a nitrous level tune

I'd like to get in the 7s bolt-on only, put a little conservative 100 dry shot on it and call it good for a while... that put it about the 475-485whp range on the spray

these engines don't like boost but they take to the bottle like a drunk... everyone says I'd be SAFE with a 100 shot from a dry kit on the stock internals, even the rings... but I know from prior LS nitrous use the FIRST thing to go, is the rings, followed by the pistons... therefore, as an insurance policy, swap them out for overkill, yeah it might be $800 I wouldn't HAVE to spend, but I know the engine will take to nitrous a lot better set up for it

i'm leaning toward that over a cam because when you cam a car, you lose the mpgs and the driveability ALL the time, whether at WOT or not... whereas with nitrous, once tuned for it, the car acts no different off the bottle, same mpg, same attitude in driving it every day... then arm the bottle and go into kill mode

people say "yeah, but its not all time power and you can run out of nitrous"... does anyone know exactly how long it takes to run out a 10lb bottle on a 100 shot, lol... about 15 pulls, I have NEVER done 15 pulls in a night, lol... besides, if you take it to the track: have an extra bottle, they can be bought for $100 and filled for $40

Last edited by 08inBama; 06-06-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by 08inBama
my next mods will be the Vararam Intake, Vmax CNC ported throttle body, and then a retune... followed by some sticky tires and BMR drag pack(sway bars and bushings)

after that, i'm thinking very seriously about getting some diamond pistons and nitrous friendly rings from Texas speed, already got access to a dry kit whenever I want it, can get the correct adapters for a couple hundred bucks and will go visit Lane in Lacey springs for a nitrous level tune

I'd like to get in the 7s bolt-on only, put a little conservative 100 dry shot on it and call it good for a while... that put it about the 475-485whp range on the spray these engines don't like boost but they take to the bottle like a drunk... everyone says I'd be SAFE with a 100 shot from a dry kit on the stock internals, even the rings... but I know from prior LS nitrous use the FIRST thing to go, is the rings, followed by the pistons... therefore, as an insurance policy, swap them out for overkill, yeah it might be $800 I wouldn't HAVE to spend, but I know the engine will take to nitrous a lot better set up for it

i'm leaning toward that over a cam because when you cam a car, you lose the mpgs and the driveability ALL the time, whether at WOT or not... whereas with nitrous, once tuned for it, the car acts no different off the bottle, same mpg, same attitude in driving it every day... then arm the bottle and go into kill mode

people say "yeah, but its not all time power and you can run out of nitrous"... does anyone know exactly how long it takes to run out a 10lb bottle on a 100 shot, lol... about 15 pulls, I have NEVER done 15 pulls in a night, lol... besides, if you take it to the track: have an extra bottle, they can be bought for $100 and filled for $40
You and your car have something in common

I'm not a big nitrous fan. I like having the extra power when needed all the time. If your going to go as far as do pistons and rings build that bitch for boost and boost it on E85. You will get tired of Nitrous eventually.
What I like about turbo's is if you stay out of boost you get good gas mileage, whereas a supercharger your always in boost.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:19 AM

there are RPM dependent supercharges as well, most of the Roots Superchargers... an example is the Eaton M90 like what was found on the Grand Prix GTPs, or even the Eaton M112 found on the '03 Cobra, they don't build boost until a certain rpm

its why a s/c GTP got no worse gas mileage than a non/sc 3.8L GT... the Cobra actually got BETTER on the highway than the base GT

now do you usually get better gas mileage? no, because you can't stay out of the boost

the difference is cost, Roots superchargers aren't cheap, next to the twin-screws they are the highest...

the ONLY thing a s/c has going for over a turbo build with a Camaro, is most blowers can be bolted on with very few mods, can't run a ridiculous amount of boost, but you can get 7-8lbs out of an Eaton or 5-6psi out of a Centrefugal Pro Charger... turbos kits are cheaper, but by the time you get your intercooler, methanol injection, upgraded oil pump, etc. suddenly they're in the ball park of a Roots kit...

a base turbo kit and a P1SC procharger kit both start around $5500, optioned like I would buy one, the D1SC kit is about $6800, that includes intercooler, upgraded blower(to the D1SC from the P1SC), etc. with the intercooler and methanol injection they say you can run 7-8psi even through a procharger on a stock L99, but i'd put the cooling mods on and still keep it a conservative 5-6, I don't ever try to push the buttons with anything

however, if you're trying to make power for money, its hard to deny nitrous... it gets a bad rep because idiots try to make a cheap mod even cheaper and won't put the proper fail safes in place, plus they let uncle joe's shade tree shop try to tune it because he used to run nitrous on his 1974 Camaro... IF you get the proper window switches in place, have the proper purge kits in place, get QUALITY solenoids and jets, and lets someone who knows what they are doing tune it, its no worse on your car than running boost

its seems that MOST of the guys who have problems with nitrous, are the guys who tried to hide it... when they go to getting those hidden solenoids, try to put their purge kit in hidden places, have nitrous lines ran like a damn jig saw puzzle through their car trying to be sneaky, and won't have window switches under their dash because "they don't want anyone to see them"... yeah, those are the guys you see the big fireball come out the tail pipe from the nitrous backfire because they either had a **** tune and went lean, missed a gear without a window switch in place(a manual car but its still HIGHLY recommended to have one on an automatic), or had air in the rat's nest they call their nitrous lines

if you go lean with nitrous, you are done... the 1st time, there is no second chance, its going to backfire, its going to blow your intake manifold off and make you a custom cowl hood... if your nitrous sprays at too low of a rpm(missed gear), its over 1st time no second chance, and that will never happen with a $250 WOT switch... so obviously there is A LOT more risk with a manual car, but once again, I don't like to run calculated risk when there are steps you can take to reduce bad things from happening... So this guy won't be the guy buying the $200 adapters(already have a dry kit like I said) and installing it on his car on the cheap... i'll probably have another $500-$750 in a bottle heater, a limit switch, change out the solenoids and jets in the kit with some from Nitrous Dave, and get with one of the best tuners in the Southeast to make sure its right, may cost me $750 for a tune, but it'll be professionally tuned by someone who has put LS engines in the 8s

*knock on wood*

maybe its why all my friends **** stays broke, I race more than any of them and have the least amount of problems, lol

Last edited by 08inBama; 06-07-2012 at 12:46 AM.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by HHRSSouth
You and your car have something in common

I'm not a big nitrous fan. I like having the extra power when needed all the time. If your going to go as far as do pistons and rings build that bitch for boost and boost it on E85. You will get tired of Nitrous eventually.
What I like about turbo's is if you stay out of boost you get good gas mileage, whereas a supercharger your always in boost.

how did I just now notice that, lol, nope... i've been a slacker as of late and have been a good boy... I slipped a bit tonight though, and last night.... and tomorrow night isn't looking good.. but I really have calmed down, i'm working on something and don't want to screw it up, lol

and my drunken actions caused a scene last night, see I have this problem when I hit the bottle, I say, what is on my mind... now with women, honestly, that USUALLY works to my favor, because I feel like damn superman... but at the same a lot of the times i'd be MUCH better off, not saying ****

like last night, this girl that is a mutual friend of some of my friends was hanging out with us. And she got to telling us about her sister's new born baby... now this girl is white and her kid's name is now "Tenisha" so i'll let you guess what the father is... well, outspoken Adam when he hears "Tenisha" says... "why didn't they just name it Welfare Check"

and that is how it all began

lets just be glad I didn't follow it up with "Once you go black..............You become a single mom"

Last edited by 08inBama; 06-09-2012 at 02:11 AM.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:28 PM

....not ever drinking 1800 again... I knew there was a reason I don't do liquor.... I didn't get sick but I wish I would have... i've been absolutely miserable all day, lol...

i'm taking the rest of the week off because my friend is having a pretty big house party this weekend out in the middle of no where, god I love the summer
Old 06-13-2012, 08:36 PM

the bitch is here getting the last of her stuff
Old 06-13-2012, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by bamaboy22
the bitch is here getting the last of her stuff
Whoa wtf happened?

I made one of my ex's when I was in the Navy mover her own **** out also
Old 06-13-2012, 08:44 PM

shes a crazy bitch. had the ***** to ask me to help her carry the stuff out
Old 06-13-2012, 08:45 PM

now getting blamed for a missing dress..... guess i cant wear that in public now
Old 06-13-2012, 09:15 PM

this must be "get your **** and get out" week... no, not this guy... but one of my good friends(the guy throwing the party) FINALLY kicked his deadbeat girlfriend out, we've been trying to tell his stupid ass for 6 months now she was just leeching off of him, but he was blind... this girl had no job(she had one when they 1st met, after she moved in his house, less than a week later she had quit), etc... he's pretty well off because his mom had money and died and he was the only child so it kind of pissed all of us all to see her doing what she was doing...

this same guy is also the guy who ran in the s/c Camaro, lol... which i've dubbed the Need For Speed Hot Pursuit edition
Old 06-13-2012, 09:48 PM

hell ive tried for a year to get her to find a car. she is broken up for 2 days and is buying an rx-8 tomorrow

Quick Reply: Alabama