South East MS, AL, TN, GA, SC, NC, and FL

Alabama

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
we honestly had 5 people go down because of heat today... only one of them required medical... it can sneak up on you but can't blame our contractor, we have an entire pallet of gatorade, about 25 coolers located strategically throughout the plant and they are always full and cold on ice, the have cool pops in those coolers, water, hell, we even have fruit in our break area to combat the heat... and I assure you, know one has ever gotten b*tched at for drinking fluids in conditions like these...

its the life I choose, but it beats working in an office, your body gets used to heat and I love the ever changing environment my job brings, no 2 days are ever the same
Old 06-22-2012, 09:39 PM

i dont know i like my nice office job
Old 06-23-2012, 12:29 AM
TTR Powered

Full LNF build in August on my car. Already have all the GM parts needed. (Main bearings, valves, gaskets, etc)
also just ordered Wiseco Pistons, 4340 Connecting Rods, Stage 1 COMP Cams with LFPL, Neutral balance shafts.

Also having the BNR serviced while James and i build the motor.

Looking to finally see a Fully built LNF in Alabama

Also loving the 405 trans. Alot more power to the ground haha
Old 06-23-2012, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by yellowss07
i dont know i like my nice office job
and I HATED it... I got tired of doing the exact same thing.........every day...

same scenery, same people, same tasks.... boring

my job is definitely not the life for everyone nor do I try to persuade all my friends to go apply... sure some of them I do, but its not the life for everyone... i've seen guys who have put in 50 years of service and i've seen kids quit on day 1

this summer is a perfect example of the life we lead... I worked from early March to late May pretty much 6 days a week, a lot of that(from early April to late May) was 12s on top of that... for some people, that was just too much... but THEN I took a 4 week voluntary lay off, I could have kept working, but they asked if anyone was looking for some time off, I was given a time frame and said sign me up... I had made in those 3 months what it'd take me almost 7 months to make working 40 hours a week... so I GLADLY took the month off and drew unemployment(which can pay my monthly bills) the entire time... and lived it up in those 4 weeks.

now its back to the grind but I just had a nice summer vacation... and this winter, i'll get another one(though in July i'm taking another week to go to the beach on an "official" vacation)

its not always like that, but a lot of the time it is... I'm already closing in the my highest earnings ever in a year and its June, i'm hoping I land it right and hit the fall outage at the Ferry, the Spring outage was "Planned" for 30 days but went 51... the Fall outages is "planned for 60 days" but will probably be 70-80... yeah, that will suck working all that time... but then, I'll take off probably until February or March about the end of November

my friends go from "do you ever get an off day?" to "when exactly do you work?"... very often, lol... and that is what I love about, its cool as hell to have money in the bank, know you can take 2 months off and in that time have to not worry about ANYTHING... want to play golf? hit the course.. the river? hitch up the boat... don't want to wake up? sleep to 10a.m.

its like being a kid all over again... I mean most people work their entire life to be able to retire and enjoy their "golden years"... bull s***, your golden years are you 20s and 30s... i'd MUCH rather have weeks off at a time now, yet while continually building toward that retirement than have all my time off in my later years when I'm on a countdown to death

if I had a wife and kids, i'd probably be less inclined to take these voluntary lay offs, but I don't... therefore, if I can make the kind of money I do in a couple of months, it'll last myself a WHILE... being I don't have anyone to provide for, I don't necessarily blow all my money(i'm actually pretty financially responsible) but I'm not one of those people who earns it and sits on all of it either, I know how to have a good time...

Last edited by 08inBama; 06-23-2012 at 10:50 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:17 PM

My job is a mixture of both. I get all diff makes and models but at the same time do the sane things
Old 06-27-2012, 08:53 PM

got her squeaky clean:

Name:  CamaroWaSH3.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  99.2 KB

we got our first big cruise of the summer this Friday night... should be a lot of funs, looks to be 50-60 cars or so... we usually just fill up the tanks and ride all night, no telling where we'll end up or what club we'll all get thrown out of

Last edited by 08inBama; 06-27-2012 at 09:15 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:49 PM

why is it a guy will spend months single, then the minute you try to start a relationship......other girls start blowing your phone up... puts me in a tough spot, lol... and i'm not good at these things

I haven't ever hooked up with this girl, and she has dated some of my friends in the past... but we do hang out quite often amongst mutual friends and now she is apparently jealous as s***
Old 06-29-2012, 11:29 AM

O well don't **** her
Old 06-29-2012, 05:22 PM

As a rule when I was single, never date a friends ex-girlfriend. It always leads to problems or trouble and to be honest, a piece of ass isnt worth a friend.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:18 PM

yeah but she dated these guys LONG ago, like when we were in high school... I've been real good friends with her sister my whole life so she's kind of always been in my life.... we've just never f***ed... she wants to f***, lol

my g/f has been kind of acting shady these last few days anyway... and i'm not one to take that kind of stuff to heart... so I just make the best of the situation... sometimes jealousy brings out people's true feelings

Last edited by 08inBama; 06-29-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:43 PM

ok. at the party last night, I did no drugs(don't do that s***), drank not a whole lot, but saw the craziest s*** I have ever seen in my life, with witnesses

so about 2 hours into the party, I walk outside into the yard and hear some people talking about this "Orange Ball flying through the sky"... i'm sober, so I call B.S. and they point to it... and I'll be damned if they aren't right... this thing was blinking like an airplane but was HAULING ASS, I don't mean even jet speed, I mean, this damn thing was moving... so I pull out my cellphone, i'm recording this... focus in on it and follow this thing clear across the sky... then there is this flash and we see like a smoke trail behind it, it looked like an explosion and every one there was like "what the f***?"... so I save the video and everyone wants to see it again.... it WILL not play, the file is something like 16mb big, I have every codec known to man and it will not play, won't play on the phone either... i've recorded over 100 videos with that phone and i've never had that issue... 2 minutes later I recorded another video as an example... plays just fine...

even this morning, everyone was still talking about that crap... i'm not saying there wasn't alcohol or weed at that party, i'm just saying it had no effect on seeing that, that really happened

oh and Josh, I did good, I didn't hook up with ole girl

but I'm still probably about to send my current g/f packing... she has some issues
Old 07-02-2012, 09:31 AM

How is that good lol
Old 07-02-2012, 11:03 AM

the goal was to not end up with the other girl... just because I don't date friends... because when the sh*t goes south, her sister would never look at me the same, and her sister is married to one of my friends... so I'm not going to open that can of worms... regardless, my g/f was getting sent packing, I had made that decision before I left for the party, no one can every accuse me of stringing along a crazy girl...

besides, even without her not being there and trying to ignore the other girl... I didn't exactly have a bad time

you need to come chill with us weekend, I don't think you'll regret it...

Last edited by 08inBama; 07-02-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:57 PM

So was that the girl u sent me a pic of. And it all depends on if I can find a place to crash cause I don't drink and drive especially 3 hours
Old 07-02-2012, 08:15 PM

Its ALIVE!!!

Just went out and started the van up, so far so good. Pulled the ECI fuse to prime the oil, popped it back in and cranked it over. Scared the **** out of the wife because she thought I was still priming the oil, lol.
Cammed up it sounds sweet at idle, almost V8ish. Now to get some tuning done, work out the kinks and let that bitch rip.

To be honest I was nervous about starting it up since I put a distributor into a cylinder head that didn't have one from factory, but I figured it out and it worked on the first try.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:21 PM

Awesome I expect some videos to follow
Old 07-02-2012, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by bamaboy22
So was that the girl u sent me a pic of. And it all depends on if I can find a place to crash cause I don't drink and drive especially 3 hours
no that is the new one i met that night... i'm going to her house to chill this weekend we were going to go out on the river for the 4th, but my brother backed out(he has to work that night and was scared there would be too much traffic on the river for him to get the boat loaded after the fireworks and make it to work)... so that kind of got axed, but i'm sure her and I will come up with something else to do... I really do want to find that one girl to maybe not "settle down" with just yet, but the kind of girl you'd rather spend Saturday with than Friday night... the last one just had way too many ex's for my taste... she was one of those "he is just a friend" type girls... and i'm cool with that, but when a girl hangs around a dude that has put his d*** in her as much as she wants to spend time with me... red flag, I don't play that game... and the one who initially invited me to the party, she's cool and all but like I said, when you date one of your friends sister, you are playing with fire... its great as long as you're together, but if you break up, things are never the same....

and if you came to party with us, I wouldn't expect you to drive home, i never do... and that is why you need to find a chick to chill with that night when you are there... why? because they get dibs on all the couches/beds... so even if it just means cuddling with someone on a couch, at least your ass isn't in a floor, lol... we tell people all the time to bring whoever they know so it wouldn't be an issue, i've seen people show up unannounced at parties and then 3 weeks later they're part of the damn crew... we're not hard to get along with, i'm pretty new to their little gang, I kind of started hanging out with them about 6 months ago... with any group of friends, there are some times not everyone agrees with everyone else's actions but for the most part, its pretty chill... the past few weeks have kind of been crazy but it goes back to that "you don't date friends" we're dealing with a few of those breakups right now and trying to mold everyone back into one little tight knit group, its why I decided to stay away from my friend's sister... I guess you could say the same about this new girl, but she is kind of friends of mutual friends, and while if we hook up she'll get close to our group, its not like we've been hanging out for a long time and then decided to date, which is what the other situation would be... as bad as it will sound, this girl could be "removed" from the group and would have no ties, when its long time friends or family, that isn't so easy to do

Last edited by 08inBama; 07-02-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:01 PM
TTR Powered

Whats everyone been up to lately?
Old 07-15-2012, 05:35 PM

Florida, etc.....
Old 07-16-2012, 06:01 PM

^^^same....

spent the last 8 day's in PCB! took the slobalt and bitched about it all week....but it was nice having a/c and not having to fight an 8lb flywheel and stage 2 clutch in the hatch and we did get a lot of WOOOO'S and head turn's....

also found out the slobalt isnt as fast as the hatch...but with as much money as i have int he hatch it better not be lol...put a car on it by 60mph and thats without vtec....probably one of the only honda/car guys around that would say **** vtech, for the ammount of power you get out of it the trouble of making the bitch work and stay working isnt worth it...

start a new job tomorrow morning...more money for more toy's...slobalt's first, its been stock for far too long...a nice drop and a tune, but since its momma's dd its gotta be legit and ride good and stay reliable so nothing crazy...but i do have a 50shot laying around at a buddies house :O

Last edited by SeizeThyGod; 07-16-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:10 PM

that is where I was PCB... stayed at Shores of Panama

and still hanging in there with the girl I recently met... well apparently she knew me long before I knew her and even tried to talk to me one night, but i'm just going to say its a combination of me being terrible at receiving signals and probably the alcohol, lol

I did good guys... and yeah, that is my friend photobombing the **** out of us, but he hooked us up so I can't complain too much, lol

still not the most photogenic person ever either, I hate pictures, lol
Old 07-19-2012, 10:51 PM

Nice
Old 07-22-2012, 12:30 AM

Nice! Was that you yelling at me in pcb....it never fails, I always hear it everywhere I go" SCOTTIE!!"

New job is great! Buying our first house friday, super stoked and nervous...it's not.over till.its over
Old 07-22-2012, 09:37 PM

no, wasn't me... but I ran into A LOT of people I knew down there, I was shocked... I was laying on the beach one day face down on my chair asleep from the alcohol and about that time I feel cold water being poured on my back, and its a guy and his wife that I haven't seen in probably 5 years since they moved off to North Carolina... and they were staying about 6 condos down from us...

I ran into a few guys I street race with as well, but I wasn't in the Camaro, I rode in my brother's Yukon

in other news i'm already looking forward to college football season again... Paul and his Nittany Lions? after tomorrow, probably not... but to Paul I will say, that is completely unfair... because the football team had absolutely nothing to do with it, they gained no advantage on the field, etc... if the NCAA wants to make a statement, filed charges against those who covered it up, don't ruin a historic football program because of 10 pieces of sh*t
Old 07-24-2012, 11:23 AM

I love spending gm's money

Quick Reply: Alabama