South East MS, AL, TN, GA, SC, NC, and FL

Alabama

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Team SS
HHR SS LNF Trans is about $2800 lol. which i should know lol, i bought one from GM lol.

BNR Will prob be sold next year after james and i make the Highes possible whp mark for it.
Then going for the highes whp mark with the 6262 bb or may the efr.

Most likely going with the 6262 seeing no one is making dyno queen numbers for Treadstone yet.
Prob go for 630-670whp+

But now that Bryan is upgrading my BNR for me. We will be seeing higher boost then the 27-28psi.

4k in parts Build starts today guys.

Wish us luck lol.
You could have gotten a used HHR SS transmission with 20k-40k miles on it for $400-$600, I told you were to look for it at. You could have bought 4-7 used HHR SS transmissions with low miles for the price you paid for 1 brand new one from GM.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:40 AM
TTR Powered

Originally Posted by HHRSSouth
You could have gotten a used HHR SS transmission with 20k-40k miles on it for $400-$600, I told you were to look for it at. You could have bought 4-7 used HHR SS transmissions with low miles for the price you paid for 1 brand new one from GM.

Its called Warranty paul.

I'm not gonna take a gamble on a used trans.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:07 PM

I hate crazy bitches... that is all
Old 08-07-2012, 09:15 PM
TTR Powered

Old 08-07-2012, 09:42 PM

no this girl is seriously f'd in the head... bi-polar or something... I told her Friday i'd bring her sh*t to her Saturday.... she gets given a promise ring by her ex on Sunday(now given, they were together for like a year before they broke up and I started dating her), they broke up today and she is calling me crying and crap...

here is the real kicker, she tried to get some other guy to kick my ass Friday(which blew up in her damn face), this is after I had it out with her roomate(a dude, but he has a kid and a g/f so its not involved with her in any way) earlier in the day, and her now ex(promise ring guy) and I almost got into a fight Saturday at a party... and it wasn't even a "bad" breakup I didn't think, I just told her she had way too many issues going on and I needed to move on... no cheating, no nothing... just, i'll bring you your sh*t tomorrow...

I pick some real winners... I think with my d*ck and always go for the attractive girls... that is my downfall, lol

I would post up some screen caps of the argument a group of us had on facebook of all **** last night... but she deleted all her crap this morning so now it just looks like a terrible argument, lol...

and that is what pissed me off... I made a pretty simple statement on facebook about the situation Friday, not degrading her in anyway, pretty much just saying I was through with her... she and the ex get on their posting all this crap(which I deleted)... I called her and told her I don't play highschool games on facebook, if he had a problem he could call me and talk to me like a man... when he showed up Saturday, I wanted to confront him... was ready to go outside the house BUT there was some underage drinking going on and people didn't want the cops out there, lol... so they told me to stay in the house...

I think facebook is the downfall of our society now because of crap like that, you got these kids they are keyboard warriors on there knowing damn well they won't pull that **** in real life... the only reason her boyfriend(or now ex) showed up to that party... they told him I wasn't there... but he made no effort to confront me in person

Last edited by 08inBama; 08-07-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:16 PM

Its called Warranty paul.

I'm not gonna take a gamble on a used trans.
Warranty on a 400+ whp modified car and now your trying for 600 whp? For $2800 I would have bought a modified ZZP unit myself.

Its your money you can mod anyway you like, I'm just pointing out the warranty is a moot point on a modified car pushing 400+ whp, let alone 600 whp.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by 08inBama
no this girl is seriously f'd in the head... bi-polar or something... I told her Friday i'd bring her sh*t to her Saturday.... she gets given a promise ring by her ex on Sunday(now given, they were together for like a year before they broke up and I started dating her), they broke up today and she is calling me crying and crap...

here is the real kicker, she tried to get some other guy to kick my ass Friday(which blew up in her damn face), this is after I had it out with her roomate(a dude, but he has a kid and a g/f so its not involved with her in any way) earlier in the day, and her now ex(promise ring guy) and I almost got into a fight Saturday at a party... and it wasn't even a "bad" breakup I didn't think, I just told her she had way too many issues going on and I needed to move on... no cheating, no nothing... just, i'll bring you your sh*t tomorrow...

I pick some real winners... I think with my d*ck and always go for the attractive girls... that is my downfall, lol

I would post up some screen caps of the argument a group of us had on facebook of all **** last night... but she deleted all her crap this morning so now it just looks like a terrible argument, lol...

and that is what pissed me off... I made a pretty simple statement on facebook about the situation Friday, not degrading her in anyway, pretty much just saying I was through with her... she and the ex get on their posting all this crap(which I deleted)... I called her and told her I don't play highschool games on facebook, if he had a problem he could call me and talk to me like a man... when he showed up Saturday, I wanted to confront him... was ready to go outside the house BUT there was some underage drinking going on and people didn't want the cops out there, lol... so they told me to stay in the house...

I think facebook is the downfall of our society now because of crap like that, you got these kids they are keyboard warriors on there knowing damn well they won't pull that **** in real life... the only reason her boyfriend(or now ex) showed up to that party... they told him I wasn't there... but he made no effort to confront me in person
To much drama for me, I left those days way behind when I was in my early 20's.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:54 PM

I try to... i'm a peaceful guy, I honestly told one of my friends i've been involved in more BS in the last month than I have in 27 years, lol... I'm honestly glad its all back to normal, lol

still not to the point of wanting to "grow up" but passed the days of that crap as well... i'm about to set the cut off limit of age to 25... i'm just enjoying life though, you are only as young as you feel and I have no urge to settle down... have a great group of friends(for the most part) and yet still find myself meeting new people every day... when I find that girl, yeah, i will settle down... I wouldn't be "against" the idea, i'm just not going to be one of those guys who tries to force it... that may happen 6 months from now, it may be 6 years from now... but with all things being said, i'm not unhappy by any means right now...

Last edited by 08inBama; 08-08-2012 at 09:30 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:42 PM

Well you know what we all want....
Old 08-10-2012, 08:17 PM

Old 08-10-2012, 09:14 PM

Nothing's wrong with **** ****** I will have to admit
Old 08-11-2012, 03:19 AM
TTR Powered

Warranty on a 400+ whp modified car and now your trying for 600 whp? For $2800 I would have bought a modified ZZP unit myself.

Its your money you can mod anyway you like, I'm just pointing out the warranty is a moot point on a modified car pushing 400+ whp, let alone 600 whp.

Your not seeing the point here. the trans has the warranty no matter what power i have.
If it blows. i just have to take it out and drop if off at gm.

I have the Newest Revison BNR 2871 out there and its able to hold higher boost then the old ones.

james and i are already holding the record for the highest bnr whp dyno #.
Or atleast for the ones that post them up.

Which james has tuned 90% of the bnr cars out there.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:47 AM

Your not seeing the point here. the trans has the warranty no matter what power i have.
If it blows. i just have to take it out and drop if off at gm.

I have the Newest Revison BNR 2871 out there and its able to hold higher boost then the old ones.

james and i are already holding the record for the highest bnr whp dyno #.
Or atleast for the ones that post them up.

Which james has tuned 90% of the bnr cars out there.
Yes, James is a good tuner. He does an amazing job of getting other peoples car to perform for them. It doesn't matter how many parts you buy to bolt on without someone who can tune for them.

Good job James
Old 08-11-2012, 09:11 PM
TTR Powered

Yes, James is a good tuner. He does an amazing job of getting other peoples car to perform for them. It doesn't matter how many parts you buy to bolt on without someone who can tune for them.

Good job James

More like the best tuner

But yes, without a good tune/ tuner, all them parts dont mean crap lol
Old 08-14-2012, 02:16 AM

Well took the Balt in first of last week to finally get my syncro in 2nd fixed. Dropped it off for them to look at it and confirm that is what was wrong ( at which I knew exactly that was what was wrong ). Well finally got fed up with not hearing anything and called today at which time I was informed that they did confirm it was syncros that day I dropped it off but there is 3 cars in front of me that all have to have transmissions dropped and sent off to a local transmission shop ( since they do not do it in house ) to be repaired and returned before they will even put mine on the rack and take the transmission out to send it off. **** me. I was hopping to have it back by the first weekend of Sept so I could make a big car meet in Mobile, AL but looks like that has all gone to ****.

And to top it off I want my **** back so I can buy new turbo and get it put on and tuned lol. Going to go with a BNR since I found a guy who is going to sell me his basically brand new BNR + upper cp w/ synapse bov recirculated + a K & N intake with recirculated fitting already in and set up. That way I can keep my stock turbo and I can also sell my K & N and make almost 200 back off of it.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:03 AM

^ that is what happened to my Cobalt, syncro #2... they had my car for 2 months, I finally got it back and within a day of driving it, the whole damn transmission came apart, lol... at that point, they ordered me a new transmission, which was on back order..... but after talking to the higher ups at GM about my claim, I had a new transmission at my dealer in like 3 days... the car broke in early May and I got it back in mid August... GM reimbursed me for like 3 car payments though, so that was pretty cool
Old 08-14-2012, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by 08inBama
^ that is what happened to my Cobalt, syncro #2... they had my car for 2 months, I finally got it back and within a day of driving it, the whole damn transmission came apart, lol... at that point, they ordered me a new transmission, which was on back order..... but after talking to the higher ups at GM about my claim, I had a new transmission at my dealer in like 3 days... the car broke in early May and I got it back in mid August... GM reimbursed me for like 3 car payments though, so that was pretty cool
Then SMASH! Dead Cobalt SS/TC
Old 08-14-2012, 11:41 PM

...hey, it made it to the next summer... lol

but seriously 2 years in a row my summers were messed up when it came to cars:

the Cobalt being broke all summer
then the Cobalt being totaled all summer, which lead to a big dispute between the insurance company and the gap insurance people... so while they fought it out over who was paying what, this guy spent a summer waiting on settlement checks while still paying for a totaled car, lol

I would have loved to have seen that Enterprise rental bill, lol
Old 08-15-2012, 03:22 PM

Mines still down got all the parts today but been to lazy to put them in that and cust vehicles come 1st
Old 08-15-2012, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by bamaboy22
Mines still down got all the parts today but been to lazy to put them in that and cust vehicles come 1st
Your lucky, my **** hasn't moved and I want it back by the end of the month damnit. I want to make the GCA Meet in Mobile going to be fun , the farewell to winter was a good meet so I am sure the farewell to summer will be better!
Old 08-15-2012, 10:15 PM

o you will be ok. and here this is gm's description of our turbo

A turbocharger (TC) is a compressor that is used to increase the power output of an engine by increasing the mass of the oxygen and therefore the fuel entering the engine. This BorgWarner™ dual-scroll turbocharger is mounted on the exhaust manifold and the lightweight turbine is driven by the waste energy generated by the flow of the exhaust gases. The turbine is connected by a shaft to the compressor which is mounted in the induction system of the engine. The compressor vanes compress the intake air above atmospheric pressure, thereby greatly increasing the density of the air entering the engine. The turbocharger is capable of producing up to 18 psi or 1.24 bar, of power-enhancing boost.

The TC incorporates a wastegate that is controlled by a pressure differential, that is determined by the engine control module (ECM) by means of a PWM solenoid, in order to regulate the pressure ratio of the compressor. A charge air bypass valve also controlled by the ECM by utilizing a remotely mounted solenoid is integrated into the unit to prevent compressor surging and damage from vibrations by opening during abrupt closed throttle conditions. When the bypass valve is open during closed throttle deceleration conditions, the bypass valve allows the air to recirculate in the turbocharger and maintain compressor speed. Within a calibrated range during the closed throttle event, or upon a wide open throttle command the bypass valve will then close to optimize turbo response.

The turbocharger is connected to the engine oiling system by a supply and drain tube and Mobil 1™ synthetic oil is installed at the factory. Synthetic oil is required for its friction-reducing capabilities and high-temperature performance. There is a cooling system circuit in the turbocharger that utilizes the engine coolant to further reduce operating temperatures.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:23 AM

damn what a day, I worked from 6am to 9pm today... and none of that easy ass stuff like terminating, etc... nope, rebuilding a transformer... which meant torquing about 120 bolts, installing bus, etc... they did not pay me enough today, I don't care that they bought us dinner, etc... lol

the only good thing was, I got called to the job for a 14 day outage(and then was supposed to get sent somewhere else) but they told me today, i'm not going anywhere for a while... and they have work to last to the spring of next year... its only 18 minutes from my house, so that is pretty cool as well... that makes me happy, because several months of steady work means the Camaro gets faster

now if I can just get rid of the crazy psycho chick, everything would be great... she is most definitely a clinger and has been worrying the **** out of me... and can't take a hint: to leave me the f*ck alone

that is partly my fault... I did give in Sunday night and she came over for a couple of hours... we did the deed and I told her I was going to bed so she left... then she got pissed at me Monday because she told me she felt "that was all she'd ever be to me, a f*ck buddy"... pretty much, yelp

I'm done for good now, time to move on
Old 08-16-2012, 12:44 AM

Ok sent Hahn Racecraft a email to see if they might want to work out a deal with me. I offered to do a before and after dyno with my basic mods that are most common with cobalt owners ( K&N SRI, 3" Catless DP, Tune ) on 93 pump gas and also later on provide some quarter mile data.

If they do like the idea and offer me a good enough deal I will go with it. If not I am going to take the deal I found on the BNR from a member who has a basically brand new one that will come with everything I mentioned in earlier posts.

We will see what happens.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:17 AM

wish me luck about to get a back block
Old 08-16-2012, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by bamaboy22
wish me luck about to get a back block
Good luck buddy.

Well heard back from Hahn and he gave me a deal of 1k even for the S20G. Now to decide whether I want to do that and then buy charge pipe and blow off or buy the BNR from Frogs with the charge pipe and blow off for 1300 lol.

Quick Reply: Alabama