South East MS, AL, TN, GA, SC, NC, and FL

Alabama

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JBThrasher22
Good luck buddy.

Well heard back from Hahn and he gave me a deal of 1k even for the S20G. Now to decide whether I want to do that and then buy charge pipe and blow off or buy the BNR from Frogs with the charge pipe and blow off for 1300 lol.
Good thing about the BNR turbocharger is your within driving distance and 1 day shipping if something happens to the turbocharger. You might even want to ask Brian@BNR about running the new version turbo that Richard has and in return you will dyno it for him. When you stick with small guys like this that are local and support them, you usually get to be in on any new stuff that is developed for the platform.

The Hahn S20G turbocharger will make more power, but if you have to send it to Hahn you will probably have a longer turn around time.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:17 PM

brotherly love, got my brother his own birthday cake:

Old 08-18-2012, 02:10 AM
TTR Powered

Originally Posted by HHRSSouth
Good thing about the BNR turbocharger is your within driving distance and 1 day shipping if something happens to the turbocharger. You might even want to ask Brian@BNR about running the new version turbo that Richard has and in return you will dyno it for him. When you stick with small guys like this that are local and support them, you usually get to be in on any new stuff that is developed for the platform.

The Hahn S20G turbocharger will make more power, but if you have to send it to Hahn you will probably have a longer turn around time.

A little slow on that paul lol.

Not only am i dyno the new 2871, but also gonna be looking into some other future upgrades with bryan at BNR for the cobalts.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Team SS
A little slow on that paul lol.

Not only am i dyno the new 2871, but also gonna be looking into some other future upgrades with bryan at BNR for the cobalts.
You trying to be a smart ass or something? I already knew you had the new turbo and know about trying out future new turbo's for BNR. I even know of the "**** ups" you've had with with your LNF engine (and someone elses), but I'm not on here acting like an ass about it.

There is nothing wrong with JBThrasher22 checking and seeing if Brian will work out a deal with him for a seperate dyno comparison on the new bolt on turbo. Maybe Brian would like a dyno chart on a stock LNF vs. a built LNF motor with the new turbo?
Old 08-18-2012, 08:51 PM
TTR Powered

Originally Posted by HHRSSouth
You trying to be a smart ass or something? I already knew you had the new turbo and know about trying out future new turbo's for BNR. I even know of the "**** ups" you've had with with your LNF engine (and someone elses), but I'm not on here acting like an ass about it.

There is nothing wrong with JBThrasher22 checking and seeing if Brian will work out a deal with him for a seperate dyno comparison on the new bolt on turbo. Maybe Brian would like a dyno chart on a stock LNF vs. a built LNF motor with the new turbo?

For one thing, I'm not trying to do anything in here.

Two. What "Fu*k ups" are you talking about? there isnt any. So get your info right man.

Three.

I'm just saying that the New 2871 is a hell of a lot better then the old one.
Which you remember how your hhr ss was on 27psi? (Which if its more or less i didnt remember)
the new one has able to hold 30-32psi up top.

In a short story. If someone is just wanting to hit the 400-450whp mark with E85. go with the BNR2871.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:56 PM

spending spree!

tires
vararam cold air intake
ported throttle body w/ vararam wedge
ported LS3 intake manifold(well, actually getting that done locally this weekend)
SLP Underdrive Pullies(25% reduction)
if I get everything on Thursday evening and the Intake Manifold ported on Friday, tuning by Lane Culver @ Henson Performance will happen Saturday, if not... next week

I haven't retuned for the headers and people state that alone is worth 15-20whp... on top of that, the rest of the bolt-ons should be a legit 35-40whp gain... that isn't manufacturer claims, lol... because that would be about 75hp, lol(but we all know how realistic those numbers are "K&N air filter adds 15hp!", lol)... but the CAI is a legit 10whp gainer, the throttle body w/ wedge is another legit 10whp gainer, the underdrive pullies is a legit 10 whp gainer, and the ported manifold is another legit 10whp gainer... so it may actually be closer to a 50whp gain with tuning... with the mods I will have on, the L99s usually put down 375-385whp... the 6-speed manual cars usually crack 400whp... our 6-speed auto eats up a lot of the power... doesn't mean they are any faster, we usually on average run faster with the same mods... they are just more dyno friendly

either way, it should be a lot faster hp wise AND i'll have traction... i'd like to run extremely low 8s with just bolt-ons... because 3.70 gears are next... which should help me dominate the 7s in the 1/8th bolt-on only, on street tires... no drag radials... I think I could get very close to 7s right now on DRs... not retuned or anything

I want 7s on street tires 1st... that way when I throw DRs on it, people won't say I got there because of the tire, lol... and I want 7s bolt-on only before I touch the valvetrain... just to show that I can... I know most people talk in 1/4 mile times but here locally we only have 1/8th mile tracks and so people compare cars by 1/8th mile times and you aren't "quick" until you break the 7s in 660 ft... right now my best time is 8.38.... so I think with these mods and rubber, I got a legit shot at it right now... because with my current mods I haven't turned better than a 2.0 60' time because of the tires... and I was turning consistent 1.9s the next Josh and all of us went to the track when my car had a muffler delete only but on good tires, lol

either way, come this spring... it'll be time to do work

oh yeah, who'd be down for Steele in a couple of weeks? once I get all this on and retuned, i'll be looking to make a return...

Last edited by 08inBama; 08-19-2012 at 12:17 AM.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:25 AM
TTR Powered

Originally Posted by 08inBama
spending spree!

tires
vararam cold air intake
ported throttle body w/ vararam wedge
ported LS3 intake manifold(well, actually getting that done locally this weekend)
SLP Underdrive Pullies(25% reduction)
if I get everything on Thursday evening and the Intake Manifold ported on Friday, tuning by Lane Culver @ Henson Performance will happen Saturday, if not... next week

I haven't retuned for the headers and people state that alone is worth 15-20whp... on top of that, the rest of the bolt-ons should be a legit 35-40whp gain... that isn't manufacturer claims, lol... because that would be about 75hp, lol(but we all know how realistic those numbers are "K&N air filter adds 15hp!", lol)... but the CAI is a legit 10whp gainer, the throttle body w/ wedge is another legit 10whp gainer, the underdrive pullies is a legit 10 whp gainer, and the ported manifold is another legit 10whp gainer... so it may actually be closer to a 50whp gain with tuning... with the mods I will have on, the L99s usually put down 375-385whp... the 6-speed manual cars usually crack 400whp... our 6-speed auto eats up a lot of the power... doesn't mean they are any faster, we usually on average run faster with the same mods... they are just more dyno friendly

either way, it should be a lot faster hp wise AND i'll have traction... i'd like to run extremely low 8s with just bolt-ons... because 3.70 gears are next... which should help me dominate the 7s in the 1/8th bolt-on only, on street tires... no drag radials... I think I could get very close to 7s right now on DRs... not retuned or anything

I want 7s on street tires 1st... that way when I throw DRs on it, people won't say I got there because of the tire, lol... and I want 7s bolt-on only before I touch the valvetrain... just to show that I can... I know most people talk in 1/4 mile times but here locally we only have 1/8th mile tracks and so people compare cars by 1/8th mile times and you aren't "quick" until you break the 7s in 660 ft... right now my best time is 8.38.... so I think with these mods and rubber, I got a legit shot at it right now... because with my current mods I haven't turned better than a 2.0 60' time because of the tires... and I was turning consistent 1.9s the next Josh and all of us went to the track when my car had a muffler delete only but on good tires, lol

either way, come this spring... it'll be time to do work

oh yeah, who'd be down for Steele in a couple of weeks? once I get all this on and retuned, i'll be looking to make a return...

I'll be down once i get some 16" rims for my Drags i have.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:00 PM

I want to run your car... i'm thinking i'll hit low 12s once I return... I know you have a good bit more power... but I know I'm a drag racer with a RWD, lol... it should be fun
Old 08-20-2012, 08:01 PM
TTR Powered

I want to run your car... i'm thinking i'll hit low 12s once I return... I know you have a good bit more power... but I know I'm a drag racer with a RWD, lol... it should be fun

Hell it doesnt matter if your car had 1200whp lol i'd still run you man
Old 08-21-2012, 11:59 AM

I just said **** it and ordered an ECM
Old 08-21-2012, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by bamaboy22
Your car is starting to turn into Unicorn status ha ha . Going to be ready to work on my Unicorn if it ever gets done? Going to need some help and I'll supply the refreshments
Old 08-21-2012, 05:49 PM
TTR Powered

lol i said your welcomed to bring over for me to look at
Old 08-23-2012, 09:19 PM

would anyone be down for Steele in a few weeks? i'm sure I can get some cars from here to go and i've been itching to see what the Camaro will do there again... I got the rest of my bolt-ons on tonight and have an appointment to get it tuned tomorrow at 5pm but even without the tune, the car seems MUCH stronger than before... and it sounds different too, i'm sure that in the intake but it has a much deeper exhaust note and sounds wicked at WOT, my headers seem to be loving this new found air flow....

3.70 gears are next then decisions, decisions... h/c or nitrous fed
Old 08-23-2012, 09:30 PM
TTR Powered

I'm still in "Break In" period right now.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:03 PM

Thrasher I fixed it so my dick you can suck
Old 08-23-2012, 10:21 PM

Thrasher I fixed it so my dick you can suck
lol you ******
Old 08-24-2012, 09:06 AM

Don't hate
Old 08-24-2012, 10:04 AM

Don't hate
Not hating, you just mad mine still broke (they still haven't touched it) and yours still slow.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:43 PM

what is wrong with yours? and being broke seems to be a popular trend with building a Cobalt... sad but true

I loved mine when it was running strong, but after that whole summer long ordeal with the transmission, to be honest, didn't really trust the car, lol
Old 08-24-2012, 05:27 PM

what is wrong with yours? and being broke seems to be a popular trend with building a Cobalt... sad but true

I loved mine when it was running strong, but after that whole summer long ordeal with the transmission, to be honest, didn't really trust the car, lol
Same as yours, my 2nd gear let go. But come on your talking about 400 lbs of wtq @3500 rpms in a fwd car. I think the cobalt is actually one of the toughest fwd 4cyl out there. TBH problem wise my car has been trouble free.

I have seen plenty of v8's take out transmissions at the tq levels the cobalts handles tbh. You gotta remember usually TQ kills drivetrain parts not HP.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:52 PM

im down for steele and we just all have to admit a cobalt is just a picky bitch
Old 08-25-2012, 11:14 AM

well I put mine back on the track last night, just 1/8th mile... but without a retune and on the old tires... it ran an 8.13 @ 86 in the 1/8th, ran a 8.14 and 8.15 as well on the night, so it definitely picked up... I was SUPPOSED to have gotten my car retuned yesterday, but still had Vince's tune loaded and was under the impression he leaves the ECM unlocked........he doesn't... and because I didn't have my flash cable with me, couldn't go back stock for the retune... so no i'm meeting the guy Sunday evening, he was able to log my car with HPtuners and told me there was a lot to be gained... of course that was on Vince's tune... with us resetting it back to stock, there will be even more to gain... he has a base tune for a '10 Camaro with bolt-ons he's going to load, then we're going to log it again and go from there... I HOPE I can just load the engine stock engine tune to unlock the ECM and leave Vince's transmission tune on the car... I love it, and my tuner told me he's not really good at tuning transmissions... so i'm crossing my fingers on that...

tires were shipped through USPS and were at our Post Office this morning, don't know if they deliver packages on Saturday or not(mail runs but big packages may note be shipped on Saturday) but they also weren't on the car...

I shouldn't have an issue getting 7s out of the car right now... I ran my friend's supercharged Camaro last night, which has been a big disappointment.. he got all the work done at the dealer and it has just always seemed: slow... at first I blamed the canned tune that came with it... but he has since went to Lane Culver, one of the best tuners for these cars in the Southeast... he even said it should have A LOT more power than it had... the car baselined 385whp and Lane was able to get it to 415whp, which was a moddest 30whp gain, so A+ on his part... but that is still REALLY low... and last night he and I were running IDENTICAL times at the track... and on the highway coming back... from 40 he couldn't pull me and I couldn't pull him... I was happy about that, him.... not so much, lol
Old 08-25-2012, 12:23 PM

Facebook
Old 08-25-2012, 11:11 PM
TTR Powered

well I put mine back on the track last night, just 1/8th mile... but without a retune and on the old tires... it ran an 8.13 @ 86 in the 1/8th, ran a 8.14 and 8.15 as well on the night, so it definitely picked up... I was SUPPOSED to have gotten my car retuned yesterday, but still had Vince's tune loaded and was under the impression he leaves the ECM unlocked........he doesn't... and because I didn't have my flash cable with me, couldn't go back stock for the retune... so no i'm meeting the guy Sunday evening, he was able to log my car with HPtuners and told me there was a lot to be gained... of course that was on Vince's tune... with us resetting it back to stock, there will be even more to gain... he has a base tune for a '10 Camaro with bolt-ons he's going to load, then we're going to log it again and go from there... I HOPE I can just load the engine stock engine tune to unlock the ECM and leave Vince's transmission tune on the car... I love it, and my tuner told me he's not really good at tuning transmissions... so i'm crossing my fingers on that...

tires were shipped through USPS and were at our Post Office this morning, don't know if they deliver packages on Saturday or not(mail runs but big packages may note be shipped on Saturday) but they also weren't on the car...

I shouldn't have an issue getting 7s out of the car right now... I ran my friend's supercharged Camaro last night, which has been a big disappointment.. he got all the work done at the dealer and it has just always seemed: slow... at first I blamed the canned tune that came with it... but he has since went to Lane Culver, one of the best tuners for these cars in the Southeast... he even said it should have A LOT more power than it had... the car baselined 385whp and Lane was able to get it to 415whp, which was a moddest 30whp gain, so A+ on his part... but that is still REALLY low... and last night he and I were running IDENTICAL times at the track... and on the highway coming back... from 40 he couldn't pull me and I couldn't pull him... I was happy about that, him.... not so much, lol

I hope the tuner your meeting isnt the same one that tuned Williams car lol
Old 08-26-2012, 10:52 AM

no, this guy is named Clyde and people from both HSVracing and LS1tech have highly recommended him... the guy has a h/c Vette and a twin turbo LS1 Nova... his H/C vette has 247,000 miles on it('99 FRC), I saw it in person Friday, its his daily driver... its had the head/cam on it since right at 100,000 miles and has been on the current tune since '06, so i'm going to give him a try...

Quick Reply: Alabama