South East MS, AL, TN, GA, SC, NC, and FL

Alabama

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BnBama
About what time did u see the red cobalt ?
Originally Posted by BnBama
And where did u see it ?
I saw it on Wednesday and the car was parked in the back of HHGreg's parking lot/to the side of Taco Bell, but not in the Taco Bell parking lot. It was aorund 11-11:15.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:05 PM

I thought it could be mine because it's sweet and clean like that but it's wasn't
Old 09-21-2012, 10:16 PM

wed wasnt me but ill keep an eye out for it since i work on university. and there is a new member of the cobalt community text me for pictures
Old 09-22-2012, 07:38 AM
TTR Powered

Originally Posted by bamaboy22
wed wasnt me but ill keep an eye out for it since i work on university. and there is a new member of the cobalt community text me for pictures

I know what it feels like to have a NA/TC car at the same time lol

No boost til 80% in the throttle, but thats only for the break in.

My Engine has about 1600miles on it now. We will be tuning it for the "93 octane race tune" at about 2000-2500miles.

Then we will start making a second tune for running E47.

Factory Fuel lope gave me about 2400psi max in fuel. now with the new "stg 1 W/LFPL cams" we are seeing 2600psi.

That 200psi over stock is helping out alot more then i thought. even if the dur on the cams are bigger than stock. thats still damn good (Even tho the cams was about $1k)

heres the list of installed Performance parts.

#82 Springs W/ Retainers
All NEW GM valves (Int & Exh)
Comp Stg 1 Cams W/LFPL
Wiseco 86mm Pistons W/ Pins, Rings, Etc
ZZP 4340 Forged Rods
Neutral Balance Shafts
New Timing Chain
Revised BNR 2871 (Only one like it out there)
Full 3" Exhaust W/ Hahn Muffler
Injen CP
Tial Q 50mm BOV (Pauls Old one)
K&N CAI
ZZP Coldside W/MAF Relocation
GMS1 Sensors
4.05 Trans swap (Came out of 2008 hhr ss)
Eibash Sportline lowing springs
TWM Short Throw Shifter
Stg 1 Trans mount (The one for the rear didnt last long with this trq lol)
Custom Boost Controller (Same thing i use with my Paint guns at work lol)
Custom Gauge faces (Blackcatcustom.com)
Glow Shift Manual Boost Gauge (7 color)
New Wheels (Enkei)
Aeroforce scan gauge W/ Mpx pod

Just now started on working with the looks.
it come a LONG way, but well worth it too me.

Hope you guys like the progress hahaha

Josh. you better come up to cullman AL man. i need another cobalt or even a Camaro...... Hint hint....

Story behind the camaro part is gonna be short and sweet.

There is a kid here in town, That his momma and daddy bought him a 2011-2012 Camaro SS... Auto! hahaha

And he always acts like hes the "Big Dog" lol kid only has full exhaust work (Headers back) and a CAI with a possible tune. but dont think so.

This is a 19yr that works as a Bag Boy at SaveLOT or piggy wiggy. the way i see it, his momma pays for the loan on the car and daddy pays the insur.

But he comes around and says that "He bought it" i laugh at him. he got the car when he was 18yr (Just a few months back) and trying to tell me that he got the loan and all.

I just laughed and called him stupid. because no 18yr is gonna have the credit to back something like that up.

this really didnt turn into a "Story and sweet" lol ooo well.

either way... I need someone, with some "RS" Camaro to come show him up lol.

Which josh this is that brandon Cason kid. the one with the (Well no longer) 2010 Cobalt SS TC

Ohh. and a friend of mine walked up too him and all the hondas he rolls with and said. "Why dont you go race that black Cobalt?" he said "hahaha hell no"

He knows mines a hell of a lot faster then his cars. hell even my 350 S-10 doesnt get picked on here.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:00 AM

List is looking good.

Did you have the assembly balanced, since you went with neutral balance shafts or are they pre balanced and marked so you get no engine vibration?

Only reason I ask is on the turbo van, I went with a balance shaft delete (different DOHC turbo engine of course) and had to get the rotating assembly balanced out due to messing with them. Primary difference is on the Mitsubishi engines those balance shaft belts could break and take out the timing belt. The Ecotec uses a chain I assume and thats why you need the neutral shafts and can't do a balance shaft delete?
Old 09-22-2012, 12:14 PM
TTR Powered

Originally Posted by HHRSSouth
List is looking good.

Did you have the assembly balanced, since you went with neutral balance shafts or are they pre balanced and marked so you get no engine vibration?

Only reason I ask is on the turbo van, I went with a balance shaft delete (different DOHC turbo engine of course) and had to get the rotating assembly balanced out due to messing with them. Primary difference is on the Mitsubishi engines those balance shaft belts could break and take out the timing belt. The Ecotec uses a chain I assume and thats why you need the neutral shafts and can't do a balance shaft delete?

Pre Balance shafts from ZZP
Old 09-22-2012, 02:40 PM

I don't have but headers w/ catback, a CAI, UD pullies, ported Throttle body w/ Vararam wedge, and a tune... i'm down to race you... but real men race from a dig...

got it retuned last night and it pretty damn stout to be bolt-on only...

but get it while you can, I find out Monday if i'm going to TVA with the Power Service Shop, i'm definitely going to TVA next week, just don't know where yet... but if I catch the Service Shop call.... the Camaro will be cammed with ported Ls3 heads by Christmas, because that is a $30 and some change an hour job working 6-12s... until at least the beginning of December... $$$

then they are planning on keeping everyone around until the next outage in March, we'll go back on 40 hours but still over a grand a week bring home

they pulled me off the job I was on because they didn't have enough upperclass Apprentices to fill the TVA call, not complaining, it'll be great money especially if I can stay there a while... only reason I liked the other job was, it was in my backyard... compared to driving(well car pooling) to Athens every day

Last edited by 08inBama; 09-22-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:37 PM
TTR Powered

Originally Posted by 08inBama
I don't have but headers w/ catback, a CAI, UD pullies, ported Throttle body w/ Vararam wedge, and a tune... i'm down to race you... but real men race from a dig...

got it retuned last night and it pretty damn stout to be bolt-on only...

but get it while you can, I find out Monday if i'm going to TVA with the Power Service Shop, i'm definitely going to TVA next week, just don't know where yet... but if I catch the Service Shop call.... the Camaro will be cammed with ported Ls3 heads by Christmas, because that is a $30 and some change an hour job working 6-12s... until at least the beginning of December... $$$

then they are planning on keeping everyone around until the next outage in March, we'll go back on 40 hours but still over a grand a week bring home

they pulled me off the job I was on because they didn't have enough upperclass Apprentices to fill the TVA call, not complaining, it'll be great money especially if I can stay there a while... only reason I liked the other job was, it was in my backyard... compared to driving(well car pooling) to Athens every day

It would be awesome to see your RS beat the SS lol
Old 09-24-2012, 12:28 AM

...mine is a SS... a 2SS/RS... its a 6.2L

RS is just the package, its not a V6 thing... if a camaro has a "RS" emblem its a V6... if it has a Silver SS emblem, its a 1ss... if it has a Red SS emblem(like mine) its a 2SS(which just means loaded with options, consider it a "LT" SS)... then some 2SS Camaros have the RS package, like mine, hence its a 2SS/RS... which is the body kit, the halos, and the painted XM radio antenna(which most people won't even notice, lol)

2SS is the backup sensors, heated seats, remote start, sun roof(though that is an option even for a 2SS), the cool ass cluster of gauges below the radio(oil temp, trans temp, battery voltage, and oil pressure), and leather seats

I got a deal on my car, the sticker was $39,800... it had 5600 miles on it, they "wanted" $36,500, which I knew was too high but thought there was no way i'd get them down to the low $30,000s, hell I was going to settle for $33,000, lol... I started at $30,000 and we got to $31,500... I got it OFF THE LOT for $31,500(that I actually financed, but that was putting $2000 down because with gap insurance, tax, title, etc. it was up to about $33,000)... the book value was more than I financed... which is rare when buying off a lot, especially on a car less than 2 years old... now I have bought several cars from them(including my brand new 2008 Cobalt SS) and they had kind of screwed me on a Camaro a few weeks before in that they kind of sold it out from under me... I mean I don't blame them for selling the car but they had got it in as a trade, called me and told me about and that'd they'd let me deal on it before putting it on the lot(they were detailing it) because they knew I was a serious buyer... I told them i'd be down the next morning... but they sold it the evening before about an hour after they called me...

it was fate I got my car and i'm a firm believer in that in buying cars... because I had given up on getting a new Camaro, a mixture of no one wanting to come off the price on used ones while wanting basically new car price and not finding many used ones... I was wanting to get a used one with low miles with options over buying a new one with ZERO options, because I knew on down the road not having options would start to **** me off...

I went to actually look at/buy a LS2 GTO in Birmingham, drove 2+ hours to look at it, and it was a ragged out POS that had been wrecked... so I drove back home stopping by all the car lots, found no used SS Camaros... got all the way back to my local lot which is about 10 minutes from my house, and i'll be damned if someone hadn't just traded my car in... the next evening I had my car

Last edited by 08inBama; 09-24-2012 at 12:47 AM.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:26 AM

Well it's back sitting out front again
Old 09-24-2012, 11:46 AM

Well it's back sitting out front again
Saw that yesterday. What the hell happened?
Old 09-24-2012, 05:35 PM

probably a test drive, lmao
Old 09-24-2012, 08:10 PM

probably a test drive, lmao

Wonder if the check engine light came on. The car literally has a mind of it's own.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:19 PM

...mine is a SS... a 2SS/RS... its a 6.2L

RS is just the package, its not a V6 thing... if a camaro has a "RS" emblem its a V6... if it has a Silver SS emblem, its a 1ss... if it has a Red SS emblem(like mine) its a 2SS(which just means loaded with options, consider it a "LT" SS)... then some 2SS Camaros have the RS package, like mine, hence its a 2SS/RS... which is the body kit, the halos, and the painted XM radio antenna(which most people won't even notice, lol)

2SS is the backup sensors, heated seats, remote start, sun roof(though that is an option even for a 2SS), the cool ass cluster of gauges below the radio(oil temp, trans temp, battery voltage, and oil pressure), and leather seats

I got a deal on my car, the sticker was $39,800... it had 5600 miles on it, they "wanted" $36,500, which I knew was too high but thought there was no way i'd get them down to the low $30,000s, hell I was going to settle for $33,000, lol... I started at $30,000 and we got to $31,500... I got it OFF THE LOT for $31,500(that I actually financed, but that was putting $2000 down because with gap insurance, tax, title, etc. it was up to about $33,000)... the book value was more than I financed... which is rare when buying off a lot, especially on a car less than 2 years old... now I have bought several cars from them(including my brand new 2008 Cobalt SS) and they had kind of screwed me on a Camaro a few weeks before in that they kind of sold it out from under me... I mean I don't blame them for selling the car but they had got it in as a trade, called me and told me about and that'd they'd let me deal on it before putting it on the lot(they were detailing it) because they knew I was a serious buyer... I told them i'd be down the next morning... but they sold it the evening before about an hour after they called me...

it was fate I got my car and i'm a firm believer in that in buying cars... because I had given up on getting a new Camaro, a mixture of no one wanting to come off the price on used ones while wanting basically new car price and not finding many used ones... I was wanting to get a used one with low miles with options over buying a new one with ZERO options, because I knew on down the road not having options would start to **** me off...

I went to actually look at/buy a LS2 GTO in Birmingham, drove 2+ hours to look at it, and it was a ragged out POS that had been wrecked... so I drove back home stopping by all the car lots, found no used SS Camaros... got all the way back to my local lot which is about 10 minutes from my house, and i'll be damned if someone hadn't just traded my car in... the next evening I had my car
You got a great deal on your SS, don't blame you one bit.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:56 PM

I think he didn't have the credit.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:03 PM

I think he didn't have the credit.
You should steal the wheels off of it Josh, and then trade me for my stock rims :P.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:28 AM

Don't forget the shorty antenna
Old 09-25-2012, 11:14 AM

If It weren't up front I would of done swapped the antenna lol
Old 09-25-2012, 07:47 PM

this guy is an idiot... shouldn't think with his d*** all the time

just going to throw that out there.... I love how they come crawling back and we are so quick to take them back

...damn you *****

but this time... i'm going to be that guy... i've been the nice guy, lets try the ass hole who just wants to f*ck her, she seems to be into that...
Old 09-26-2012, 08:02 AM

10 bucks says he does but will wait a month to tell us
Old 09-26-2012, 11:33 AM

I sent out invites to the Import Alliance meet in Nashville to everyone I could find from here on my facebook page if anyone wants to go. It was real fun last year until all the people racing and standing around watching got out of hand and the cops came threatening to shoot rubber bullets and bean bags lol.

I will be going again this year , will be going up there Saturday and staying with a buddy of mine who lives in Nashville. I know several of the TN people were there last year including James who came down from it but I only saw them walking around never really talked to them.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:35 PM

10 bucks says he does but will wait a month to tell us
aimed at me? and does what? she's been my c-plan for a while now... when the a and b plan fall through... that is one thing...

I can deal with that, its when she plays the "I screwed up card, we need to get back together" that I laugh at... and you may not believe me, but I really have been trying my hardest to ignore that crap the past few days... I even went so far as to standing her up last night... I don't want to date her, haven't for a while... I like what we do... meet up... the day she says "i'm not doing that any more"... i'll cut ties with her... i'm not the *******, I tried to be the good guy to her, spent over a month courting her just so she could go back to some ex a few weeks after we started really dating(and I wish I had a count on how many times shes called crying her eyes out since then), the same guy she had a restraining order against when I 1st met the girl... the same guy I spent a month getting in random ass fights/arguments with, had the cops called twice, etc. over... so obviously I don't need this chick in my life in really any capacity... but at as long as it is what it is right now... i'm going to milk it for all its worth... because it is good, or I would have been long gone... I really can't wait until I top out and hopefully land my annual job where I have my best shot, because i'm going to pack my bags and get out of this town... all the people I want to see me, will have an open invitation to come visit, lol...

this last summer has been memorable... a lot of it is my fault, or really directly my fault... the rest of it is because I'm the guy everyone seems to run to when they meet life's problems... i'm tired of being that guy to so many...

i've got to where I don't even answer my phone when a lot of people call because I know the nature of their call before they even call... she is one of those people, if she text, life is good... if she calls, about to be some bull sh*t

this is my place I come to rant... lol

and I told my friend the other night, i'm about to start dating ugly girls exclusively... because if they are in their 20s, attractive, no kids, and single.... they're f*cked in the head, lol

Last edited by 08inBama; 09-26-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:22 PM

Holiday beach dragway by my house is having a grudge fest oct. 13 but my clutch just started slipping
Old 09-29-2012, 03:38 PM

Just wanted to update everyone I don't think I will be making the speakerbox meet nor the Sunday meet afterwards now. I got the car back yesterday afternoon from the dealership for the 2nd time after 2 months of them having it and the car is still doing the same exact thing. 2nd gear is still grinding and now 5th is popping out of gear. So I will be going up there Monday to have a conference with the General Manager with my Step Dad who knows him and will be demanding a new transmission. After 2 rebuilds of the gear and still not sucess it is time for them to cut their losses and give me a new good ******* transmission. Sorry guys.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:45 PM

^ welcome to my world... went through the SAME thing... except they had my car for months

Quick Reply: Alabama