South East MS, AL, TN, GA, SC, NC, and FL

Alabama

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 03:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
funniest **** ever happened tonight, I was riding shotgun in one of my friends Mustang(new body style, has cams in it, bolt-on, tune, 100 shot, pretty damn fast) and we had a turbo civic try to race us, thing smoked like a tar bucket and was slow as crap... but as he was doing a ricer flyby after my friend had pulled on him ever so viciously and decided he was no longer worth the reckless driving ticket his passenger side mirror, uhh, fell off.... damn car was so fast it blew the mirrors off! or was a piece of ****, one of the two, lol

we didn't get a pretty good laugh at it, it was perfect timing
Old 04-26-2010, 12:07 AM

guess what josh got..... I give you a hint its red...
Old 04-26-2010, 09:26 AM

your period
Old 04-26-2010, 10:07 AM

haha **** you lol.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:30 AM

hell yeah! welcome to the dark side of the css.net world... low rise no less, all the cool kids have it... looks as though its optioned like mine, sun roof, etc... though yours probably has the RPD, though i'm glad I have just the boost gauge, looks better IMO... do wish I had blue tooth in my radio

now get a tune and prepare to say "holy ****" at the difference... if you want the GMS1, I understand, the warranty is big for some people... or do like HHRSSouth and get the Trifecta stealth tune... kind of hard to round up a spare ECM now like I have... i'm getting rid of my baby tune... had to get some medical bills out of the way 1st, paid the last one Friday(had insurance but even in covering 90% i STILL owed about $900, had almost $10,000 worth of surgery)... its why I was gun shy, knew i'd owe at least $1000, possibly more...

now we need to have a meet one day... don't know if I mentioned but the guy with the black LNF Cobalt with the 52 tag I had seen(and raced), his friend is in my local... he picked him up at our hall one night after class... asked me what I had done to the car and I told him, he was stock... looking to get tuned, etc... I told him about here but apparently he isn't interested(lol)... well he should be, hanging around people like me might motivate him to get more **** done to his car, so I wouldn't keep putting 3+ cars on him, lol

and Josh for the record, I still plan on having the fastest Cobalt in Alabama, lol... I'd like to swap the turbo if they ever get the fueling worked out, I think a Mitsubishi 18g would do great on one of these, more power potential than the 16g, the same lag as the 16g, not much more than stock in fact...

plus being that it is common, you can get a used one for $700 that is rebuilt all day, every day... if you blow one, well, doesn't matter, they are a dime a dozen... the Turbo adapter and O2 adapters are like $250 each through Dejon(sold individually), so really, you're looking at about $1200 for the whole "kit"... through Dejon its $1800, but that is with a new turbo, etc... and I think you have to use Dejon's upper charge piping for it, but that is only $109... MUCH cheaper than ZZP's kit and would still put down 410-430whp

Last edited by 08inBama; 04-26-2010 at 10:48 AM.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:42 AM

Nice SS there bamaboy22. I'm kind of late and I've been lurking around for a little over a month, but anyone on here live in Huntsville?
Old 04-26-2010, 10:49 AM

i used to be on here as another name i cant say lol. but yes it has rpd which i love. and blu-tooth its fully loaded. even g85. black on black seats. the tune is going to be the hide able one and im getting it for free. i got a 5yr 75k mile bumper to bumper and 5yr 100k power train. so i think im good lol. and im not worried about a dealership finding stuff cause i personally know the guy going to work on my car and hes also going to be the one to help me mod it lol. but i got to save some money up first then ill worry about the rest of the stuff I want. Im going to get the tag here in a bit and im a little scared of it to be honest.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:51 AM

What dealership did you get your SS from? I couldn't find an SS with LSD... at least not brand new and in AL.... maybe I was using the wrong search engine *skeptical*
Old 04-26-2010, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Eurasianman
Nice SS there bamaboy22. I'm kind of late and I've been lurking around for a little over a month, but anyone on here live in Huntsville?
in the shoals, not far from Huntsville... Paul(HHRSSouth) is in Athens

yeah, if I didn't have the spare, i'd get the stealth tune as well, but I don't need it, plus I want my tune in every "mode"... so it'll be for the best

and Eurasianman, the way I found mine with a LSD, I went to my dealer and asked "how quick can you get me a SS Cobalt with a LSD, low rise spoiler, that isn't yellow".... lol

seriously, and they located my car in Tennessee, I had it the next day

and you're not the guy I raced with the black SS are you? your friend an apprentice electrician ?
Old 04-26-2010, 10:57 AM

*sigh*

Oh well, I suppose I can live without LSD. It's not like it ever snows in AL... oh wait, it did snow... like 2-3 times this year...followed by 70 F weather within 2 days
Old 04-26-2010, 10:58 AM

you don't need it... only time I've ever even felt mine "work" was going around an onramp in Nashville with some bald ass tires, in the straight line its pointless... you're not going to get the pirate leg burnout, even without it
Old 04-26-2010, 11:03 AM

Thanks for the reassurance I'm just glad I finally was able to get one. I kid you not, this was the car I wanted back in 2008, but the Chevy dealer told me the car I wanted did not exist And told me I'd have to wait till August 2008. Perhaps I should have waited a few months... then again, I'm very satisfied with this 2010 model since it's practically LOADED. Probably could have gotten the price down more, but oh well. I'm just glad I finally have one. Now, I just need to get that GM Stage 1 tune and some better tires! Perhaps after the warranty is gone, I'll go with a better tune.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:07 AM

Thanks for the reassurance I'm just glad I finally was able to get one. I kid you not, this was the car I wanted back in 2008, but the Chevy dealer told me the car I wanted did not exist And told me I'd have to wait till August 2008. Perhaps I should have waited a few months... then again, I'm very satisfied with this 2010 model since it's practically LOADED. Probably could have gotten the price down more, but oh well. I'm just glad I finally have one. Now, I just need to get that GM Stage 1 tune and some better tires! Perhaps after the warranty is gone, I'll go with a better tune.
well they told me "those supercharged Cobalts are pretty quick" when I was ordering mine.... I checked the information to make sure it was a '08

they didn't even know GM made a turbo Cobalt, and when I said "its the same engine in the GXP Solstice and Sky Redline," they said "they make those turbo?"... proof you don't have to know cars, to sell cars

at least now we got four LNFs on the board from Bama that we know of: 3 cobalts and a HHR... and you boys better get tuned or you're going to get walked by the HHR, with its four doors, lol

oh and Josh, the hideable(Trifecta) is probably the best tune for these cars anyway... I mean HPtuners is great but you have to know a really good tuner to get the most out of it, and a lot of people "claim" to be good tuners but in reality suck... whereas, Vince is a proven tuner that will supply updates(if you add more mods later) so long as you buy the cables for a laptop... cost is $500 but will be the best $500 you spend on the car, I have a canned tune right now and its STILL a night and day difference over stock

I got lucky in buying my car early and was able to get a hold of a spare ECM while Bosch was releasing them to vendors... now GM has struck a deal with Bosch and ALL ECMs go through GM now... Bosch will not supply an individual, not even a repair shop, all orders must be placed through GM in house, so they can track who has what ECM... to keep people from swapping ECMs, you even have to supply the VIN of the car it will be going on in ordering the ECM, so they can update their system with the new serial number of the ECM to that VIN, them bastards got smart on us, lol

its going to be like that for all future models, only way of getting a spare now is from a parted out car... should be alright then, though the VINs wouldn't match, but if you're using the spare ECM to tune you wouldn't care about that anyway.. my spare ECM was matched to my VIN and everything with the Tech-II anyway, so it would have been alright anyway as it matched my car... I could have tuned the stock one, GM used to not database the serial numbers with the VIN, they just matched the VIN from the car to the ECM, but have now realized people were programming that into the new ECM with Tech-II

kind of like how people used to break Xbox and Playstations, go buy a new one, put their old one in the box and return it... Retailers got wise to that and started scanning the serial number... same concept

Last edited by 08inBama; 04-26-2010 at 11:24 AM.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:07 PM

i am getting a tune for free just got to pay a deposit for a cable is all, thats if they dont have a dealer in our area... maybe i should become one so I can make some money lol. also there is one in hunts thats the
same color at 08's with lsd i do belive.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:10 PM

There's one at Lander's with that red paint that costs an extra premium and DOES NOT include LSD. And then there was a black one exactly like mine in Decatur. Those are the only two dealerships I know of.... shows you how much I get out
Old 04-26-2010, 10:38 PM

There's one at Lander's with that red paint that costs an extra premium and DOES NOT include LSD. And then there was a black one exactly like mine in Decatur. Those are the only two dealerships I know of.... shows you how much I get out
I bet the one in Decatur you saw, is the guy I know(or know his friend)...
Old 04-26-2010, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by 08inBama
I bet the one in Decatur you saw, is the guy I know(or know his friend)...
Er, what? The black one I saw was EXACTLY the same as mine and no LSD. As well as it's too late now lol. Oh well, like it was said previously, LSD is probably not a necessity, especially in AL. And I'm just glad I got rid of the Pontiac G5 and was able to get the vehicle I originally wanted... with extras (I originally wanted an Cobalt 2 LT. That comes with the premium sound and sunroof).
Old 04-27-2010, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by bamaboy22
I think a Mitsubishi 18g would do great on one of these, more power potential than the 16g, the same lag as the 16g, not much more than stock in fact...
I have a Mitsu TDO6-20g sitting right here, to bad its going on the Project van or I might try to rock it on the HHR SS .

Originally Posted by bamaboy22
i am getting a tune for free just got to pay a deposit for a cable is all, thats if they dont have a dealer in our area... maybe i should become one so I can make some money lol. also there is one in hunts thats the
same color at 08's with lsd i do belive.
I thought about being a Trifecta dealer also, the closest one is in Memphis. If your gonna do it, do it soon, we don't need 2 Trifecta dealers in this state. If someone else steps up to the plate before me and becomes one I'm not gonna pursue it, to much competition in the area for business.

Last edited by HHRSSouth; 04-27-2010 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-27-2010, 09:24 AM

500+whp is pointless in a fwd car as you'd never be able to enjoy it without slicks... I mean, with 400whp its still never going to hook on street tires, but some Drag Radials would be manageable and you could still drive it on the street...

how soon you going to inquire on that Paul? i'm about to FINALLY get my tune and don't want to order it from a stranger and then a week later have you looking for customers
Old 04-27-2010, 09:35 AM

*sigh*

Oh well, I suppose I can live without LSD. It's not like it ever snows in AL... oh wait, it did snow... like 2-3 times this year...followed by 70 F weather within 2 days
I would have your dealer trade for the car you want, this is how Champion Chevy got my HHR SS with everything I wanted. They traded a Z71 for the HHR SS to a dealer up by Nashville to get it for me.
LSD is so worth it, it will cost you some coin to try and add it later. Those who say you don't need it probably couldn't find a car with LSD and its there way of reasoning to make them feel better or didn't know you could get a car with LSD. With my high tune on and my new tires (broke in now) I only get chirps unless I purposely try to roast the tires in 1st. Before the new tires I roasted tires in 1-2 gears without trying. Don't talk yourself out of it, get a LSD equipped car, helps in all areas of performance.

Originally Posted by 08inBama
500+whp is pointless in a fwd car as you'd never be able to enjoy it without slicks... I mean, with 400whp its still never going to hook on street tires, but some Drag Radials would be manageable and you could still drive it on the street...

how soon you going to inquire on that Paul? i'm about to FINALLY get my tune and don't want to order it from a stranger and then a week later have you looking for customers
Probably wouldn't be till end of summer before I know/decide, got to get some money up so I can come out swinging.

A little update, I got the w/a IC fitted up on the van, bolted on the entire turbo manifold/turbo/recirculated O2/Tial wastegate. Bad news is I had to scrap the factory radiator because the Tial was hitting the radiator without the fan/shroud in there, mounting a half size 2 row honda unit (actually holds more coolant then my factory one) for clearance, Check fit my 3" SS DP, looks like its going to clear the oil pan and run along side the drive shaft. Pretty much just waiting for bits a pieces to come in via mail to get everything bolted up and start tuning.
Oh yeah the grey bumper and drivers side became black, actually only got the Front bumper and drivers side done so far.

Last edited by HHRSSouth; 04-27-2010 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-27-2010, 03:31 PM

soo anyone knows who drives a black ss/sc with a orange rear bowtie?
i see him in bham all the time.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:35 PM

never seen him...josh i got your voicemail where do you work and whats the pay like...im making $10 an hour right now guaranteed 40hrs..

and.....i got an 07 SI to replace the tC i needed 4 drs...and i cant stand the styling of a cobalt 4dr...
Old 04-27-2010, 08:04 PM

HHR, I'd lose more money doing that. I don't take my car to the track nor do I hardly ever WOT off the line. Maybe later down the road, my transmission will break and I can just be a G85
Old 04-27-2010, 09:33 PM

HHR, I'd lose more money doing that. I don't take my car to the track nor do I hardly ever WOT off the line. Maybe later down the road, my transmission will break and I can just be a G85
Yeah my mistake, I thought you were still shopping for one. It would be stupid to trade in your new 2010 instead of waiting for (hoping maybe?) your trans blows for a LSD model like you mentioned.
Might help if I actually looked at your sig before replying .
Any how grats on your new ride .
Old 04-27-2010, 10:00 PM

I'm not sure man I'll pass your number to the guy tommrow if u want me to. It's right off 65 called Jim Burke automotive group

Quick Reply: Alabama