Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hhr were u in bham 65s this morning 9 am
Old 05-29-2010, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by bamaboy22
Hhr were u in bham 65s this morning 9 am
Nope my HHR SS hasn't been driven for 3 weeks. Stupid ankle.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:43 AM

ooooooooo ok. i saws one going south while i was driveing north
Old 05-30-2010, 04:13 PM

im kinda diggin my sport....ive only seen ONE like mine....and it was at the dealer next to mine...ive seen maybe 3 sport's around birmingham...a 4 door dark gray, a red one, and an uber sexy white one
Old 05-30-2010, 09:46 PM

good ****. we still on for this week?
Old 05-31-2010, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by SeizeThyGod
im kinda diggin my sport....ive only seen ONE like mine....and it was at the dealer next to mine...ive seen maybe 3 sport's around birmingham...a 4 door dark gray, a red one, and an uber sexy white one
I wanted a white HHR SS, of course it was never offered in white

Well you won't see another exactly like mine unless they went out and bought SSR Type C RS wheels from a Solstice guy (they are discontinued new in 5x110), some spacers and extended studs. Fall edition black chrome headlights, PYC black led tail lights, painted the front and rear bow ties and removed some emblems.
I'm also thinking some day I might have real flames painted on the front of mine (expensive as hell though), but turbo upgrade and more POWA comes first I want a reliable 375-400whp for this daily driver (that should put the HHR SS at high 11's to 12.0 in the 1/4 with good driving).
Old 05-31-2010, 02:04 PM

Just paint it white. Get that damn turbo off so we can tune that thing
Old 05-31-2010, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by bamaboy22
good ****. we still on for this week?
unfortunately not...figured out what was wrong with my altima....a blown head gasket.. ill post some pictures of what the heat did to my intake manifold gasket...***** crazy...im kinda sorta expecting something internally to be fucked up when i get it opened up...

****'s getting expensive on that car....but im going back with higher compression and nitrous...

gotta get the head flow blenched and milled....gonna see how much a p&p is while im at it...

ive gotta spend a couple of dollar's on this one so i can get it back running (the slobalt is the wife's car, i make payments and pay for the mod's though...so the bitch is mine lol...) also getting my bronco home either today or tomorrow so that'll be my new daily till i get the altima to acting right again...sad thing about the bronco is it needs the carb tuned ....the slobalt is the only vehicle in my fleet that run's worth a **** lol...

should have the alt running by friday though...i ordered the part's for it this morning...and after i get this bitch back running, its time to start modding the slobalt...and then i gotta put a system in the bronco lol....i have 3 toy's and its outrageous...
Old 05-31-2010, 07:16 PM

no offense man, but you sound like my neighbor who used to "mod" his Maxima... he got every bolt-on you can think for it, even got some kind of VQ cams which he told me "would put it in the 12s"... then I took a bolt-on, rocker'd, pullied GTP and beat him by like 3 cars.........without a cam swap, lol...

of course he used the "well you have a blower" excuse... but I wasn't the one who was supposed to be running 12s, I knew my car was a mid/low 13 second car

he now has a 350z...... I beat him in the Cobalt when I was stock... he got a Nismo catback/cai.... I beat him with the superchips tune only... he got it dyno tuned and every bolt-on known to man... I raped him with my setup now... now he "says" he's going turbo... I told him to save for a 370Z...

he and I have been friends/car rivals since we were 16 and its healthy for me, every time he does something to one of his cars, I feel inclined to do the same

the best car he ever had which he was stupid for selling was a black top sr20det 240SX... on a "mild" boost setting it was still like 350whp... and was a set of cams and some C16 racing fuel from 475whp+... and he could have gotten the cams for around $1000... as far as putting them in, we pulled out the old engine and dropped in the black top in a matter of like 16 hours... with limited experience, having done it once, we could have done it faster the next time, by far the easiest engine swap i've ever seen done... you could put cams in, probably in 6 hours or less... as far as tuning, the guy he bought the car from was a real good tuner(tuned that car) so he had a connection there as well....

he was stupid for selling that car, he owned it before the 350Z, it always was fast as **** though and had a good base to be a lot faster(stout ass clutch in it, etc.)... the previous owner had built it with high hp intentions, then moved on to a Silvia and sold that car...

we actually know the guy who bought the car and he ended up getting it to 512whp with some head work and cams, he got married and moved up North and that is the last i've heard of him or the car
Old 05-31-2010, 07:59 PM

i mod the altima out of stupidity....its got some option's for it....its a ka24de...and ka>sr anyday...

the altima is quick for what it is...an na grocery getter...its a good 15 second car...and with juice or a mild 8lb setup its capable of 13's....and thats giving it a little....

theres always a bigger badder car out there...besides joe civic in his 08 si just loves to look at my tail light's

raced a dude in a crossfire (the hard top one not sure of the year) and i hung with his ass in the altima...like face to face hung...came to a redlight and he asked me what i had in my "civic" i told him some "milk, egg's, bread and im running late to pick up the kid's at soccer practice" and just drove away...the look on his face was priceless when he heard my mod list lol

besides the altima just has bolt on's, a built tranny, an a+ suspension (tein part's through out) theres no real modding to it yet...well that is until this head gasket gave out...
Old 05-31-2010, 09:02 PM

Old 05-31-2010, 09:06 PM

I once got absolutely annihilated by a SRT6 Crossfire in my old GTP... terribly... turns out with bolt-ons, a pulley swap, and a tune they're mid/low 12 second cars, after watching him thrash a supercharged Cobra, I didn't feel as bad, lol

those cars can be nasty... I actually had a college class with the guy with the Crossfire, he was my age, but an Indian(like from India, Indian)... our college had a lot of middle eastern students... what is crazy is they're all rich as **** and go to college for free because of some program our college runs(if they maintain a certain percentage of foreign students they get a lot of grant money), when they got here, their parents would buy them cars and then when they'd leave they'd sell them cheap as **** just to move them quickly before they went back home... used to I would see all kind of flyers for used BMWs, mercedes, and things like that, and they'd be so cheap you would think it was a scam...

I always said if I ever saw that Crossfire on a flyer, I was buying it that day(at the time I was looking to get a new vehicle anyway)... a lot of those guys loved to race while they were here as well, though most of them that raced loved the BMW M3s... they'd chip them and then think they were the fastest things on the road...
Old 06-01-2010, 01:19 PM

i got stuck racing a fat 40+ year old man with the cheapest model they make...it honestly surprised me that i hung with him...i just knew i was about to get raped...now i have "raced" an srt-6 one... i wanted to see what itd do...and it did exactly what you said...he got up and walked away..
Old 06-01-2010, 01:21 PM

Nice.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:53 PM

pics of the altima carnage
before:

after:

waiting on my gasket set's to come in...gotta go pull some cam's out of a 240sx at pullapart in a bit...
Old 06-01-2010, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by SeizeThyGod
i mod the altima out of stupidity....its got some option's for it....its a ka24de...and ka>sr anyday...

the altima is quick for what it is...an na grocery getter...its a good 15 second car...and with juice or a mild 8lb setup its capable of 13's....and thats giving it a little....

theres always a bigger badder car out there...besides joe civic in his 08 si just loves to look at my tail light's

raced a dude in a crossfire (the hard top one not sure of the year) and i hung with his ass in the altima...like face to face hung...came to a redlight and he asked me what i had in my "civic" i told him some "milk, egg's, bread and im running late to pick up the kid's at soccer practice" and just drove away...the look on his face was priceless when he heard my mod list lol

besides the altima just has bolt on's, a built tranny, an a+ suspension (tein part's through out) theres no real modding to it yet...well that is until this head gasket gave out...

especially if its a 15 sec car....
Old 06-01-2010, 10:09 PM

i just havent dumped the $2k in it to make it a 12 second car on stock internal's....im throwing around the idea of high compression and nitrous but i still like the idea of being boosted more....

besides base 1/4 mile times of a stock si are in the 15.3-15.6 with a trap speed of like 92-95....car's gears are too long....and it dies without vtec...
Old 06-01-2010, 10:52 PM

yeah 6th gear isn't even a pulling gear for them is it? so essentially they have a 5-speed with a nice O/D feature
Old 06-01-2010, 10:57 PM

15.6 for a stock si blows pretty bad....

ya but our NA cars love exhausts and tunes as much as a turbo car...low 14s with I/H/E...no tune.....we have guys in the 11s and 12s NA...im not starting a brand pissing match its just that a civic si is nothing to just blow off...very nice chassis to...i have a 4dr white Si btw...the gearing doesnt really let it fall out of vtec under hard acceleration....

and 08 your right 6th isnt good for **** but saving gas...lol...i get passed by semis if i catch my self in 6th on a good grade highway hill...

Last edited by laserblue2006; 06-01-2010 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-01-2010, 11:10 PM

oh lord no im not bashing brand's...im a car guy...not just a brand person....

i ran a stock one from a 20+, 60+ and a dig to like 100.....he got me off the line everytime, but the shift's were so different i got the advantage....i wish i knew the gear ratios of the car but i dont....dude was driving the **** out of it too, couldnt believe he was getting beat by an altima i guess....

its a fun little car....its my "hot rod" as soon as the warranties up on the slobalt itll be my new "hot rod" ive already spoken to a member about a tune for it....just gotta get this one up and running again

fastest n/a for the altima i know of (2.4L ka24de) is a low 12 second pass....but that was a built and a half motor...it was a running little car....now ka-t is a different story....its nothing to break into the 12's with a turbo and a GOOD tune on stock internals....www.ka-t.org...
Old 06-02-2010, 07:16 AM

maybe it was tired from abuse I dunno...hard to argue results
Old 06-02-2010, 08:18 AM

tyler when u gonna run me?
Old 06-02-2010, 08:41 AM

I got the winner, lol

and if you get your SI running decent, please do me a favor... come up here and smoke this guy with his... its a new one as well, he has some exhaust work, etc. and that Hondata tune..........but the car is still not fast... though he thinks it is and "claims" its over 300hp... which we all know is bull ****, I doubt it 250whp... I would just love to see him get smoked by another new Si

basically I just don't like him because he's a douche... when I had the superchips tune ONLY(no exhaust, no nothing)... his car was bolt-on/exhaust only and I beat him by buslengths still... he then got that Hondata bull **** and tried to tell me that "it'd be a new race now"... but then I told him "yeah, you're right, I have bolt-ons now as well"... he never would actually run me because he "had a bad motor mount" which is why I told him "nice, since you can't launch, lets go from a roll"......no go

he REALLY thinks he's going to beat me now, but of course i'm MUCH faster than I was even with the Superchips tune now...

I just wish you guys could meet this guy, and I have found out that everyone I meet here who are "gear heads" have one thing in common........they all seem to hate this guy

and one thing I have found from a couple of Honda owners here is: they REALLY hate to lose to a Cobalt SS, because lets face it American car companies are "stepping into their domain" with performance I4s.... you know the Srt-4 sucked for them, but after a couple of months, well, they were used to getting raped without lube by them... where as honestly, the s/c Cobalts weren't that fast stock, I mean well driven they were... but A LOT were not well driven, and were high 14 second cars... so when their N/A Si was pulling around the same times they could fall back on "damn, you got a supercharger and only won by that much", etc... with the turbo Cobalts, its a whole new story... with a tune we're over 300whp and even a SHITTY driver is going to embarrass them... and i'm not trying to say I couldn't lose to a Honda, I know of two here that would straight up walk me... unfortunately, I know of about 15 "modded" civics that are slow as **** but THINK they are fast... the cool Honda owners(being the two fast ones), well, even if they lost they'd be cool with it...

I guess I should say there is a difference between a Honda enthusiast and a ricer... and the ricers can be funny, like when they think you have dual cold air intakes on your car(though one of them is my charge piping)... or when they confuse a fuel rail with a nitrous solenoid and then claim you have a bottle hid somewhere

Last edited by 08inBama; 06-02-2010 at 09:06 AM.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:12 AM

Josh I want to go to a 1/4 track I have never been before...and 08 well said...my car isn't fast...especially next to a turbalt...and even if I got I/h/e/tune I wouldn't really be in there range...maybe with a terrible driver...I bought it because I needed 4drs and didn't like the styling of 4dr balts...
Old 06-02-2010, 10:40 AM

can't blame you there, and I like the 4-door SIs better than the 2-doors, but wouldn't own a 4-door Cobalt...

Srt-4 Neon would be the route to go, but finding one NOT beat to **** is next to impossible, its why I bought a new Cobalt, wanted a used Srt-4 when I got this car, in the long run, glad I went this route, i've always been a GM car fan, so it worked out

Quick Reply: Alabama