South East MS, AL, TN, GA, SC, NC, and FL

Alabama

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You may not like Hondas but they are by far the easiest platform to mod, switch engines out of and have the most aftermarket stuff available to work with. If a Honda is built right, even mildly they can run 12's and with a little more effort can be in the 11's because they are so light weight. Personally I don't like most Honda owners, not Honda vehicles themselves, because most (not all) have no idea how to build a car. I see more riced out, crappy running Hondas then any other brand on the road as I'm sure most of the Amercian people do, thats why Honda has so much hate in the tuner scene.

For me, I would have built a Honda long ago because of all the different ways and stuff available, but I didn't want to be labeled with the other idiots out there driving them (even though I know how to build a vehicle). I mean seriously I will get more respect with my turbo Van then having a built Honda, its just the stinch in the air that most (not all) Honda owners give off.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:18 PM

One day lest go to the track I've never ran a car either
Old 06-02-2010, 07:21 PM

where is there a 1/4?? i have a hard time being gone late on nights because of the baby...but i can try sometime..
Old 06-02-2010, 08:16 PM

i had a choice between a civic and the altima......i bought it right around the time f&f was popular....did some research on the two, compared what their number's were stock (to the crank) and i picked the altima....because at the time...the altima was a wicked little ******...no one was boosted, and if they were it was at very low boost...

times have changed though...everyone is boosted....

omg! yall have never ran on the track...hot damn...one word...steele, alabama..... just a little north of springville....

ive been wanting to teach the wife how to launch/stage the slobalt and this is the perfect chance...she wont feel as stupid lol...

i can take yall under my wing one friday night lol... its $10 to get in and ladies are free on friday night's....and their open from like 9-1 (but weve been their at like 3am before)

Last edited by SeizeThyGod; 06-02-2010 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-02-2010, 08:30 PM

yea man...um I'm pretty busy right now I'm rebuilding a motorcycle right now but if I can get away on a Friday night I would be down...kinda curious what I would run/the car would run...I'm more of a turns and cones Guy...
Old 06-02-2010, 08:43 PM

nah...its all about the straight line i grew up around 400+ whp mustang's and small block 350's and the like's...i failed my first 4 attempts at my driving test because i was speeding....got a month after i got my license...85 in a 40 in my mom's eclipse on a first date with a girl...slowed my ass down since then lol..

found street racing...got blocked in a bunch of time's, guns drawn on us, blah blah blah...too much running lol...the track is where its at...especially when its only $10..

and if yall got kid's bring em! ive got a 3 year old little girl ive been thinking about taking for the first time...(shes gonna be a little bitch and a half....i just KNOW it...)
Old 06-02-2010, 09:19 PM

mines 4 months...ha...
Old 06-02-2010, 09:20 PM

it get's worse lol
Old 06-02-2010, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by HHRSSouth
You may not like Hondas but they are by far the easiest platform to mod, switch engines out of and have the most aftermarket stuff available to work with. If a Honda is built right, even mildly they can run 12's and with a little more effort can be in the 11's because they are so light weight. Personally I don't like most Honda owners, not Honda vehicles themselves, because most (not all) have no idea how to build a car. I see more riced out, crappy running Hondas then any other brand on the road as I'm sure most of the Amercian people do, thats why Honda has so much hate in the tuner scene.

For me, I would have built a Honda long ago because of all the different ways and stuff available, but I didn't want to be labeled with the other idiots out there driving them (even though I know how to build a vehicle). I mean seriously I will get more respect with my turbo Van then having a built Honda, its just the stinch in the air that most (not all) Honda owners give off.
but I can take a LS1 f-body, put bolt-ons and nitrous on it and run 11s as well(or just a $300 cam and then a tune)... and in a year, my car would still be running... no doubt Honda's can be built fast, just not built fast to last... even the guys I know with fast civics, not on their original build.......for a reason

that is kind of where I am at with the Cobalt, I am pretty much done with it... why? anything more and it PROBABLY wouldn't pass the test of time... now if Honda's came turbo factory, they'd be alright, but even then so far and it no longer has that Honda reliability... but a 250whp Civic isn't going to be "fast"... I mean decently, but even breaking into the 12s isn't fast anymore, not when stock Mustang GTs and stock Camaro SS's are doing it... you do all that work turboing your Civic and then get beat by a bolt-on/tune GT or Camaro.......
Old 06-02-2010, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by 08inBama
but I can take a LS1 f-body, put bolt-ons and nitrous on it and run 11s as well(or just a $300 cam and then a tune)... and in a year, my car would still be running... no doubt Honda's can be built fast, just not built fast to last... even the guys I know with fast civics, not on their original build.......for a reason

that is kind of where I am at with the Cobalt, I am pretty much done with it... why? anything more and it PROBABLY wouldn't pass the test of time... now if Honda's came turbo factory, they'd be alright, but even then so far and it no longer has that Honda reliability... but a 250whp Civic isn't going to be "fast"... I mean decently, but even breaking into the 12s isn't fast anymore, not when stock Mustang GTs and stock Camaro SS's are doing it... you do all that work turboing your Civic and then get beat by a bolt-on/tune GT or Camaro.......
You need to give our LNF ecotecs more credit, I truly believe the engine is the 4G63 of the GM world. The weak link has been some pistons but thats still only like 5-7 people out of all the cars out there. To start breaking internals your gonna have to be 500 whp and above. I personally want to be in the 375-400whp, to me that the sweet spot in power vs. being a practical DD on a fwd.

Stay tuned man, a little birdie told me a true bolt on turbo for our car is coming that is suppose to put down 375-400whp tuned and cost between $1k-1.4k . Its currently running on a cobalt ss/tc as a prototype, we should know full results in a 2-3 week time frame.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:16 AM

IMO i would rather have my civic ::worth 3k:: with my turbo stuff ::650.00 total:: than spend 30k+ on a camaro or gt that would run the same
Old 06-04-2010, 11:37 AM

not me... a new car, is a new car... an old honda civic, is an old honda civic, no matter how fast it is, i'd say the same about an old GT mustang or f-body

and you could always use the "I could buy a cheap LS1f-body or 2V GT for $4500" and they're mod happy as well... I know brave souls who put 175 shots on STOCK LS1s and had decent results(only one of them blew up and it was his setups fault, not the shot)

I mean i'm all for speed, but I at least want a nice car to drive around as well... like I said a long time ago though, i'm pretty much a V8 guy driving a Cobalt... this will honestly probably be the only I4 I ever own... I want my next car to be boosted, just about 4 more cylinders as well

but when I got rid of my Z28(because of high miles), I wanted something with low miles... couldn't afford a s/c Mustang Cobra, wouldn't own a GT Mustang, never really fell in love with the LS2 GTOs, couldn't find a low mileage 6-speed LS1 f-body, ended up with a Cobalt

and about a month after buying my car, a s/c Cobra went up for sale for $19,000... had I not have bought my car, even though I am GM to the bones, that car would have been in my driveway... whether you are a Ford guy are not, there is something oh so sexy about 430whp with bolt-ons, a pulley swap, and a ******* tune, and the blower whine alone will melt panties

oh and for laughs, I got my CobaltSS.net stickers today, I had forgot I even ordered them, lol(MONTHS ago)
Old 06-04-2010, 12:58 PM

not me... a new car, is a new car... an old honda civic, is an old honda civic, no matter how fast it is, i'd say the same about an old GT mustang or f-body

and you could always use the "I could buy a cheap LS1f-body or 2V GT for $4500" and they're mod happy as well... I know brave souls who put 175 shots on STOCK LS1s and had decent results(only one of them blew up and it was his setups fault, not the shot)

I mean i'm all for speed, but I at least want a nice car to drive around as well... like I said a long time ago though, i'm pretty much a V8 guy driving a Cobalt... this will honestly probably be the only I4 I ever own... I want my next car to be boosted, just about 4 more cylinders as well

but when I got rid of my Z28(because of high miles), I wanted something with low miles... couldn't afford a s/c Mustang Cobra, wouldn't own a GT Mustang, never really fell in love with the LS2 GTOs, couldn't find a low mileage 6-speed LS1 f-body, ended up with a Cobalt

and about a month after buying my car, a s/c Cobra went up for sale for $19,000... had I not have bought my car, even though I am GM to the bones, that car would have been in my driveway... whether you are a Ford guy are not, there is something oh so sexy about 430whp with bolt-ons, a pulley swap, and a ******* tune, and the blower whine alone will melt panties

oh and for laughs, I got my CobaltSS.net stickers today, I had forgot I even ordered them, lol(MONTHS ago)
Sounds like you bought the wrong car

Meh, anyone can build a fast V8 (and you'll get the gas mileage to go with it ) The look on someone's face with a V8 when you smoke them with a 4 cylinder turbo is priceless. AWD dig launches just add to the fun The HHR SS is the 1st fwd turbo I've had, all the other turbo 4's have been AWD, and I can tell you they are a hell of alot more fun. I enjoyed my 90 Talon TSI awd more then my Grand National, driving wise. Sure the Grand National was fast in a straight line and it had the nostalgia to go with it, but the reality is the 90 Talon TSI awd was a better performer over all.

Out of the new V8 cars the 2011 Mustang GT is about the only one that interest me (that I could afford). I like Vettes but they are out of my price range and I would probably punch half the Vette owners in the grill from their arrogant attitudes.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:30 PM

i wouldnt give my "old" civic up for nothing...its a REAL nice hatch for a 92... but ive driven everything from 4 cylinder to v8's but im with HHR its great to have a 4 cylinder turbo and just go out and tear a v8 a new ass hole lol but if your modding cars it doesnt matter what you do or the money you spend on it its the fun you have while driving that counts
Old 06-04-2010, 04:15 PM

my brother will be down to run any of your civics any time you guys want:

just ignore this:

but his isn't a "stock" LS1 with nitrous, must warn ya... also built 4l60e transmission(actually to hold about 800+whp), 3200 stall, Drag Radials... runs LOW 7s through the 1/8th... but its not cammed or anything, just bolt-on and some spray(a 150), probably around 500-510whp on the spray

and its "slow" now compared to what its about to be(engine he is going to have built is "rated" around 650 crank hp N/A, and he's going to boost it...and spray it, and the man works for the government so he can afford it, lol)... he built the transmission for the future build, the smart way

hey off the bottle from a roll, I can hang with him, lol

and I mean honestly, the reason I like V8s for the most part is, I'm into American cars... and honestly before the SRT-4 Neon and SS Cobalt, we really didn't have any "American" performance 4-cylinders... I mean I don't really count DSMs even though the had the Eagle Talon and the Dodge Stealth because, well, its was a joint venture with Mitsubishi using Diamond Star Engines, which were essentially a Japanese engine...

and that is pretty much it in a nutshell, "imports" have never been my thing, I mean I can respect anything that is fast, and if its yours, I'll think its cool as ****, but I would never own it...

now with that being said, i can't wait to see Paul's van because its going to be fast as ****
Old 06-04-2010, 04:19 PM

ill run that bitch down with my bicycle....even give him a two pedal head start...

all b/s aside...from the sounds of it itll run...
Old 06-04-2010, 04:40 PM

only video I have of it:

before the transmission rebuild, headers, Ls6 Intake:

http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e7...ansAm0-150.flv

just a SLP air lid, the old 2800 stall, 3.73s, catback, DRs, 150 shot, and a tune
Old 06-04-2010, 05:03 PM

import and domestic doesnt matter to me ....ive owned both and still do :-).....i give props to anyone with a quick car whether it be import or domestic...new or old.....i just have a passion for cars.....my civic is by no means quick but for the 650.00 i got into it and keeping up with cars that run mid 12's at the track i cant complain and im only running 9psi...having coil issues which will not let me run over 9psi with a .28 gap on my plugs.......i can run 11-12lbs but my car has to be gapped down to .24 which i dont want to go back to....and your right before the srt and ss domestic really didnt have much...unless you go back into early 90's and look for a old dodge spirit r/t that had a 2.2 turbo motor in it :-) or the ford svo 2.3 turbo in the 80's

http://www.youtube.com/user/rock4s10#p/u/4/uupRafHUDQU

this is a video of a dig race i did with a buddies 05 mcss 5.3 v8 i was on 8psi on video ...car had intake,exhaust and tune it runs 13.4s@103 at steele you can see in a couple of the other videos where i was having issues with the coil and trying to get them resolved and did for 8psi

Last edited by 05sedan; 06-04-2010 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-04-2010, 05:09 PM

mcss? monte carlo ss im guessing?
Old 06-04-2010, 05:12 PM

yes 05 monte carlo ss 5.3 my car has no traction in 1st and 2nd with 205/40's
Old 06-04-2010, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by 05sedan
import and domestic doesnt matter to me ....ive owned both and still do :-).....i give props to anyone with a quick car whether it be import or domestic...new or old.....i just have a passion for cars.....my civic is by no means quick but for the 650.00 i got into it and keeping up with cars that run mid 12's at the track i cant complain and im only running 9psi...having coil issues which will not let me run over 9psi with a .28 gap on my plugs.......i can run 11-12lbs but my car has to be gapped down to .24 which i dont want to go back to....and your right before the srt and ss domestic really didnt have much...unless you go back into early 90's and look for a old dodge spirit r/t that had a 2.2 turbo motor in it :-) or the ford svo 2.3 turbo in the 80's

http://www.youtube.com/user/rock4s10#p/u/4/uupRafHUDQU

this is a video of a dig race i did with a buddies 05 mcss 5.3 v8 i was on 8psi on video ...car had intake,exhaust and tune it runs 13.4s@103 at steele you can see in a couple of the other videos where i was having issues with the coil and trying to get them resolved and did for 8psi
Well since your a Honda guy, you probably know other Honda guys. I have a J&S Ultra safeguard (2 channel) with knock sensor, adjustable boost & timing retard I might have for sale. Its made for a Honda model with a distributor. Comes with the wiring (already labeled for a honda) and a universal knock sensor.
http://www.jandssafeguard.com/HondaInstall.html comes with the dual monitor gauge sensor http://www.jandssafeguard.com/monitors.html

I'll know for sure after I start tuning my Van if I need it or not. If not I'm going to ask $400 for all of it.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:22 PM

i will let some people know
Old 06-04-2010, 05:25 PM

205/40's on a 5.3L v8? well theres your problem....

on the altima with a 2.4L ka24de i4 i run 225/45/17's....and ive got a few thing's helping with hooking and i still spin in 1st and 2nd...even 3rd if i can catch it just right...(theres this sweet spot and i just cant seem to find it...)

the more surface patch a tire has the better its going to grip....you sure you cant get by with like a 245/40? or might have to run a 245/35
Old 06-04-2010, 05:29 PM

no the 205/40's was on my civic not the mcss lol...the mcss has like a 245/40/18 the mcss is my buddies lol

Originally Posted by HHRSSouth
Well since your a Honda guy, you probably know other Honda guys. I have a J&S Ultra safeguard (2 channel) with knock sensor, adjustable boost & timing retard I might have for sale. Its made for a Honda model with a distributor. Comes with the wiring (already labeled for a honda) and a universal knock sensor.
http://www.jandssafeguard.com/HondaInstall.html comes with the dual monitor gauge sensor http://www.jandssafeguard.com/monitors.html

I'll know for sure after I start tuning my Van if I need it or not. If not I'm going to ask $400 for all of it.

im a anything guy lol last week i was helping a buddy put a d1 procharger, intercooler, bov, 80lb injectors, msd coils, and a few other mods to a 05 built mustang gt :-)

Last edited by 05sedan; 06-04-2010 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-04-2010, 05:34 PM

someone needs to come help me put this altima back together...

Quick Reply: Alabama