South East MS, AL, TN, GA, SC, NC, and FL

Alabama

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea i dont know lately ive been thinking with my deployment coming up soon and all that i might just wait on everything and get the ZZP turbo kit on when i get back or trade it in on a bigger better toy
Old 08-26-2010, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by MelvinGriffaw
yea i dont know lately ive been thinking with my deployment coming up soon and all that i might just wait on everything and get the ZZP turbo kit on when i get back or trade it in on a bigger better toy
New 2011 Mustang GT or Mustang V6 with the performance package, the performance package makes the car handle better on a road course better then either the Mustang GT or Camaro SS and the 3.55 gear included in the package makes the 2011 Mustang V6 as fast as the 2010 Mustang GT.
There is even a SCT tune out for the 2011 Mustang V6 that bumps the whp up 30 along with torque.
Motor Trend actually dyno'd the car and put down 308 whp from the factory, whats funny is the car is rated from the factory at 305 crank.
So with the performance package with 3.55 gears, SCT tune, CAI you could have a 340 whp Mustang V6 that gets 31 mpg and handles better then the new camaro ss or mustang gt.
As you can tell I'm really impressed with the 2011 Mustang V6 w/ performance pkg by all the reviews I've been reading on forums and in magazines so far.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:55 PM

damn so someone else's transmission sucks... lol

well, at least they are giving you a new one now.... and not after you shredded their "rebuild"

lol
Old 08-27-2010, 12:17 AM

hows yours?
Old 08-27-2010, 09:41 PM

great so far

Originally Posted by HHRSSouth
New 2011 Mustang GT or Mustang V6 with the performance package, the performance package makes the car handle better on a road course better then either the Mustang GT or Camaro SS and the 3.55 gear included in the package makes the 2011 Mustang V6 as fast as the 2010 Mustang GT.
There is even a SCT tune out for the 2011 Mustang V6 that bumps the whp up 30 along with torque.
Motor Trend actually dyno'd the car and put down 308 whp from the factory, whats funny is the car is rated from the factory at 305 crank.
So with the performance package with 3.55 gears, SCT tune, CAI you could have a 340 whp Mustang V6 that gets 31 mpg and handles better then the new camaro ss or mustang gt.
As you can tell I'm really impressed with the 2011 Mustang V6 w/ performance pkg by all the reviews I've been reading on forums and in magazines so far.
but its still a V6 mustang, and the great thing about owning a Mustang, is the sound of a Mustang, which you need the V8 for that... and before i'd buy a new V6, i'd buy a '10 GT, which you can now get as cheap as a '11 V6... mod for mod, that 3.7L is not going to compete with the 4.6L, it may be close stock for stock but in the end, the gap is going to become present when you start modding the two... as far as motor trend putting down 308whp, no it put down 268whp they said that equated to about 308hp... at the crank

http://wot.motortrend.com/6659607/au...v-6/index.html

that is down about 20whp to a 3v 4.6, which put down in the neighborhood of 285whp, with a 93 tune(they are tuned for 87 stock) and your typical bolt-ons, they'll put down in the neighborhood of 320whp

now before 2010 the Mustang IMO looked like ****, but a 2010 GT would be a great option, I mean the 2011 is by far the superior GT, but the sticker on those things are close to $40,000.. and you can drive off the lot in a 2010 right now for about $27,000 with options, tax, title, everything... and you can also get the Premium package and 3.73s on a '10 GT... which with that option, would once again widen the gap between it and the '11 V6, before any mods come into the picture

and honestly, i've very much considered that

Last edited by 08inBama; 08-27-2010 at 09:52 PM.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by 08inBama
great so far

but its still a V6 mustang, and the great thing about owning a Mustang, is the sound of a Mustang, which you need the V8 for that... and before i'd buy a new V6, i'd buy a '10 GT, which you can now get as cheap as a '11 V6... mod for mod, that 3.7L is not going to compete with the 4.6L, it may be close stock for stock but in the end, the gap is going to become present when you start modding the two... as far as motor trend putting down 308whp, no it put down 268whp they said that equated to about 308hp... at the crank

http://wot.motortrend.com/6659607/au...v-6/index.html

that is down about 20whp to a 3v 4.6, which put down in the neighborhood of 285whp, with a 93 tune(they are tuned for 87 stock) and your typical bolt-ons, they'll put down in the neighborhood of 320whp

now before 2010 the Mustang IMO looked like ****, but a 2010 GT would be a great option, I mean the 2011 is by far the superior GT, but the sticker on those things are close to $40,000.. and you can drive off the lot in a 2010 right now for about $27,000 with options, tax, title, everything... and you can also get the Premium package and 3.73s on a '10 GT... which with that option, would once again widen the gap between it and the '11 V6, before any mods come into the picture

and honestly, i've very much considered that
Best bang 2011 V6 with performance package stock for stock, just as fast as a 10 GT (thanks to the 3.31 gear ratio), and will out perform it on the skid pad and gets 30 mpg. Now lets compare that 2011 Mustang V6 to cars actually in its class and it has absolutely thrashed them (even the challenger R/T ).

Now if your gonna go mod happy, a V8 will always responds better to mods for big power, but you will get the crap gas mileage to go with it.
I dislike the 4.6L V8 engine and if I was going V8 (and didn't care about gas mileage) it would be a base model 2011 GT.

Stay tuned, I might have all my mods, including my SSR Type C RS wheels/tires with spacers/arp wheel studs, black gorilla lug nuts and black SSR powdercoated center caps going up for sale the end of the year or the beggining of next, they will fit a Cobalt SS/TC.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:14 PM

^ I might be right there with you... i'm thinking about getting something different next spring when I get back my kick ass tax return, i'm probably going to get around $4000 back and plan on just putting it toward a car, to kind of help out on the Cobalt's terrible trade-in value... I owe about $17,000 but would be lucky to get $14,000... so that money SHOULD be able to get me to about the break even point, which is what i'm looking for, I know it kind of sucks spending that money just to get out of the hole but I am leaning toward doing it... i'd like to be able to find a used '10 Camaro SS for around $25,000 then, if so, i'll probably be in one of those... if not probably a '10 GT

I like my car but after this whole transmission ordeal, well, i'm skeptical at best, seeing other TCs shredding synchros left and right isn't exactly building up confidence either

as far as the '11 V6 being as fast as a new GT, i'll believe it when I see it, a well driven SN197 GT even in the 4.6L can run 13.4-13.5s bone stock... and no one races stock Mustangs so that is beside the point, with just a tune, they gain about 20-25whp because Ford had them set up to run on 87 octane from the factory... much like GM did with the G8 GT.... which I would get if they offered it in a manual, and I can't afford a G8 GXP(not even a used one) so no g8 for me

its quite sad that I am even considering a Ford, I know you guys don't know me well, but this would be like a Yankees fan showing up at your house tomorrow with a Red Sox hat on without losing some kind of bet

and even though GM the company handled my situation well, I just lost confidence in their product as a whole...

and its crazy because earlier this year I planned on putting that $4000 toward the ZZP turbo kit, upgraded clutch, etc., that was BEFORE I knew of the glass box we call a transmission

I may also go the '03-'04 Cobra route... depending on how bad insurance would rape me now that I turned 25, I checked when I was 23 and just laughed at what I was told

but I did get a new pic of my engine bay today w/ the hahn intake on:

Last edited by 08inBama; 08-28-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by 08inBama
^ I might be right there with you... i'm thinking about getting something different next spring when I get back my kick ass tax return, i'm probably going to get around $4000 back and plan on just putting it toward a car, to kind of help out on the Cobalt's terrible trade-in value... I owe about $17,000 but would be lucky to get $14,000... so that money SHOULD be able to get me to about the break even point, which is what i'm looking for, I know it kind of sucks spending that money just to get out of the hole but I am leaning toward doing it... i'd like to be able to find a used '10 Camaro SS for around $25,000 then, if so, i'll probably be in one of those... if not probably a '10 GT

I like my car but after this whole transmission ordeal, well, i'm skeptical at best, seeing other TCs shredding synchros left and right isn't exactly building up confidence either

as far as the '11 V6 being as fast as a new GT, i'll believe it when I see it, a well driven SN197 GT even in the 4.6L can run 13.4-13.5s bone stock... and no one races stock Mustangs so that is beside the point, with just a tune, they gain about 20-25whp because Ford had them set up to run on 87 octane from the factory... much like GM did with the G8 GT.... which I would get if they offered it in a manual, and I can't afford a G8 GXP(not even a used one) so no g8 for me

its quite sad that I am even considering a Ford, I know you guys don't know me well, but this would be like a Yankees fan showing up at your house tomorrow with a Red Sox hat on without losing some kind of bet

and even though GM the company handled my situation well, I just lost confidence in their product as a whole...

and its crazy because earlier this year I planned on putting that $4000 toward the ZZP turbo kit, upgraded clutch, etc., that was BEFORE I knew of the glass box we call a transmission

I may also go the '03-'04 Cobra route... depending on how bad insurance would rape me now that I turned 25, I checked when I was 23 and just laughed at what I was told

but I did get a new pic of my engine bay today w/ the hahn intake on:

I hear you man, I'm thinking of going Ford also and I get the GM discount pricing. So that tells you something if someone is willing to forgo the nice GM discount on top of rebate incentives to buy another brand car.
I would love to keep the HHR SS and I wouldn't mind warranty work if, parts were readily available to fix stuff to get done in a timely manner and the GM technicians actually had knowledge on how to work on a limited platform like the LNF engine.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:49 PM

My tech does
Old 08-30-2010, 10:28 AM

I would love to keep the HHR SS and I wouldn't mind warranty work if, parts were readily available to fix stuff to get done in a timely manner and the GM technicians actually had knowledge on how to work on a limited platform like the LNF engine.
This makes me feel so much better about taking my car in tomorrow morning to have GMS1 installed
Old 08-30-2010, 10:30 AM

WHY!!!!!!! trifecta all the way lol
Old 08-30-2010, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Eurasianman
This makes me feel so much better about taking my car in tomorrow morning to have GMS1 installed
No man I haven't had one problem with my car yet . Only thing I had fixed was the oil leak recall and haven't had not problems since. The GM tune has worked perfect so far (when I still use it )
I was just getting a little annoyed with seeing how long people are having to wait for LNF parts to get there cars fixed at the dealer under warranty. Bamain08 waited 3 months for a rebuilt transmission and had it break again a day later, to me thats just rediculous.

Well the wife said I could trade the HHR SS if I wanted to, but if I like the car to keep it, and we will fix (mod) stuff as it breaks, so back to modding. I know most people don't like the way the HHR SS looks, but I do, plus theres not many out on the road, especially not modified.

I just won a brand new stock genuine GM LNF turbo on ebay for $159.99 plus 18.00 shipping. This is the same guy that sold me my geniune GM turbo upgrade kit for like $300.00 last year on ebay. He only had limited quantities every time and has sold 1 other LNF turbo already. I don't know how hes getting ahold of these new GM parts and selling them on ebay, but keep em coming as long as they are geniune and cheap
I think I'm going to go through with either the big wheel upgrade at werks or sending it down Birmingham to have BNR motorsports put a new CHRA on it.

But the turbo upgrade won't happen till beginning of next year as we are house hunting in the next couple of weeks and I want to finish up the DOHC head swap on the turbo van. So to much going on between now and the end of the year but atleast I have a turbo to use now instead of having to take mine off and waiting.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:02 PM

must be nice lol
Old 08-30-2010, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by bamaboy22
WHY!!!!!!! trifecta all the way lol
Factory warranty?

No man I haven't had one problem with my car yet . Only thing I had fixed was the oil leak recall and haven't had not problems since. The GM tune has worked perfect so far (when I still use it )
I was just getting a little annoyed with seeing how long people are having to wait for LNF parts to get there cars fixed at the dealer under warranty. Bamain08 waited 3 months for a rebuilt transmission and had it break again a day later, to me thats just rediculous.
Well, I'm taking it to Landers McLarty Chevrolet in Huntsville...

Well the wife said I could trade the HHR SS if I wanted to, but if I like the car to keep it, and we will fix (mod) stuff as it breaks, so back to modding. I know most people don't like the way the HHR SS looks, but I do, plus theres not many out on the road, especially not modified.

I just won a brand new stock genuine GM LNF turbo on ebay for $159.99 plus 18.00 shipping. This is the same guy that sold me my geniune GM turbo upgrade kit for like $300.00 last year on ebay. He only had limited quantities every time and has sold 1 other LNF turbo already. I don't know how hes getting ahold of these new GM parts and selling them on ebay, but keep em coming as long as they are geniune and cheap
I think I'm going to go through with either the big wheel upgrade at werks or sending it down Birmingham to have BNR motorsports put a new CHRA on it.

But the turbo upgrade won't happen till beginning of next year as we are house hunting in the next couple of weeks and I want to finish up the DOHC head swap on the turbo van. So to much going on between now and the end of the year but atleast I have a turbo to use now instead of having to take mine off and waiting.
Would he by any chance be selling transmissions? I'd like to eventually get a G85 And I'm sure Bamain08 wouldn't mind getting a brand new one as well
Old 08-30-2010, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Eurasianman
Factory warranty?

Well, I'm taking it to Landers McLarty Chevrolet in Huntsville...

Champion Chevy did mine. McLarty is the GM performance dealership in our area so I would hope they can do it correctly.

Would he by any chance be selling transmissions? I'd like to eventually get a G85 And I'm sure Bamain08 wouldn't mind getting a brand new one as well
Hey maybe you can get Bama08's old transmisson for free and pull his LSD out and have it installed in yours

Originally Posted by bamaboy22
must be nice lol
Oh it is, but it has been earned, college has helped us both out tremendously. Well technically her graduating from college as I'm still in my last year.

I told you that you need to go back to school and get a degree in something or some type of tech school . Sometimes people get lucky and fall into a great job, but in my experience those people/jobs are few and far between.

Last edited by HHRSSouth; 08-30-2010 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-30-2010, 08:00 PM

hey hey hey....

if some finances line-up and somethings get sold (namely my wrecked bike)...some lucky k20 might be getting some love...in the form of a snail....

and will be shooting for 300hp....
Old 08-30-2010, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by laserblue2006
hey hey hey....

if some finances line-up and somethings get sold (namely my wrecked bike)...some lucky k20 might be getting some love...in the form of a snail....

and will be shooting for 300hp....
You gonna buy a kit or piece together your own?
Old 08-30-2010, 11:48 PM

I am a trifecta dealer and can flash back to stock lol
Old 08-31-2010, 02:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Request for bodyshop

Hello,
I live in the Dothan, Enterprise Area.
Id like to see if some one can reccomend a good
bodyshop in the area.

My front bumper is sagging and Im missing some panel screws and have a few torn up panel push pin things.
Im sure I can get the replacment parts at a parts store, but
I dont think that will help the bumper not sag.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:01 AM

hhr yes piece together my own...

lnf Turbo probably and flashpro....ill have to buy manifold and then make downpipe and charge tubing buy intercooler make cold side piping then ill either have a rail custom machined(have buddies) or ill buy one...then buy injectors (probably Acura rdx unless I find better deal) also gonna go stock pump into a custom surge tank with inline 255 or bosche 044 to feed car...
Old 08-31-2010, 08:03 AM

also **** paying somewhere to do that easy stuff there's a how to fix bumper sag on here and just buy and replace pins...
Old 08-31-2010, 09:20 AM

Hey maybe you can get Bama08's old transmisson for free and pull his LSD out and have it installed in yours
That would be nice though

Oh it is, but it has been earned, college has helped us both out tremendously. Well technically her graduating from college as I'm still in my last year.

I told you that you need to go back to school and get a degree in something or some type of tech school . Sometimes people get lucky and fall into a great job, but in my experience those people/jobs are few and far between.
Truth! I only have 4 semesters, maybe less after this fall term. But then again, people who have been in college as long as me, have a Ph. D. No, seriously, I've been in college since August 2003 working on my bachelor's But it's ok, since summer of 2005, I've been working and gaining experience in my field of study up till this day
Old 08-31-2010, 09:56 AM

hey Josh and other LNF guys, got you latest insurance rates yet? i haven't gotten mine but a lot of people on the board are flipping out because rates have sky rocketed, the car apparently went from a F to a S(in a rating to Z, with Z being the most expensive)...

right now i'm paying $98/month with a $250 deductible... but I am 25... hopefully no one here will get raped too bad with these new found rates
Old 08-31-2010, 11:30 AM

I take it this is with the Cobalt SS/TC, man they really like to stick it to the younger crowd don't they.

Not that I'm aware, but I'm married and older, so I'm not sweating it. The wife hasn"t said anything about our insurance but I own a vehicle that gets classified anywhere from a 4 dr car, station wagon to a suv (depending on insurance company). I think our current insurance company has us down as a station wagon (which means cheap ass insurance)

You gonna update us on your car? I feel like its a soap opera you are going through and I'm missing out whats going on.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:55 AM

my car has been running fine... back on 22psi as well

GM settled with me for 3 car payments, about $1500

i'm not TOO worried about the insurance either because i'm over that 24 year threshold where insurance companies ram it up your ass with no lube... but apparently, it's going up for everyone...

this was the topic I got it from:

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/08-10-ss-turbocharged-general-discussion-152/car-insurance-premium-gone-up-no-reason-224768/

however, I have Alfa and I like them a lot... I was told to switch from them when I went out on my own by several people... however, they were BY FAR the cheapest, and I called just about every insurance company known to man(and some I had never heard of, lol)... and when I say by far, my $98/month through them was about $75/month cheaper than anyone else(with the same deductibles/coverage)...

if it goes up TOO much, i'll just raise my deductible, though I do dig my $250 deductible(collision, $100 comprehensive)

Last edited by 08inBama; 08-31-2010 at 12:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Alabama