South East MS, AL, TN, GA, SC, NC, and FL

Carolina Cobalts

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Aaron clark
i will have all the info tomorrow and i will post in the morning for sure...i heard it was going to be $40 or so for the whole weekend. we are getting ready to get the hotel rooms there. i have never been there so i dont know exactly how to get there, but i will post tomorrow for sure.
sounds cool, will wait for more info. would like to come show off my new stock ss/tc !
Old 07-25-2008, 07:06 AM

yeah everything you guys need to know is on dropjawmag.com...i cant get to the site on my computer right now but when you bring up the site you should see a flyer with the name of the show on it and there will be all the events and times and what not that you might need. For times and prices there is a number at the bottom of the flyer. Brent will hook you up.
Old 07-26-2008, 04:34 PM

RYAN.... PM me when you get home! And when you are available hommie!
Old 07-27-2008, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by M-Dub
RYAN.... PM me when you get home! And when you are available hommie!
i've been home.....just been keeping to myself bc im broke and still drowning in sorrow over being single after losing my GF...... but anyways, all work on ur car is post poned until my car receives a tune Matt!!! so let me know......werent u organizing a meet too?
Old 07-27-2008, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by lsj06ecotec
i've been home.....just been keeping to myself bc im broke and still drowning in sorrow over being single after losing my GF...... but anyways, all work on ur car is post poned until my car receives a tune Matt!!! so let me know......werent u organizing a meet too?
Don't drown in sorrow bro, there will be another one out there for you. I just got dumped by the woman of 5 years myself last month when I came back from the desert, so I feel you but you need to press on. I found a girl that's been right under my nose the entire time and is way better than the ex, and she has made me a happy person again.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by 2K5SS/SC?
Don't drown in sorrow bro, there will be another one out there for you. I just got dumped by the woman of 5 years myself last month when I came back from the desert, so I feel you but you need to press on. I found a girl that's been right under my nose the entire time and is way better than the ex, and she has made me a happy person again.
thats awesome dude...congrats....my girl was for 5 years too.....i've known her for 7 or so...thats a 1/3 of my life.....and shes already with someone new....not too ready to move on yet and be with someone new.....just going to stick to myself for awhile and think tihngs through...but srsly.....on another note...Matt where's ur HP tuners?

Last edited by lnf08ecotec; 07-28-2008 at 05:28 AM.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:28 PM

Lucky to find somone you have known for so long. A girl I knew from college 7 years ago that Ive kept up with finally became single.. I took her on a date - the only problem is she lives in Northern VA... I dont know if this relationship is going to work out... I hate long distance relationships, but I love her (and she LOVES riding in my '08 turbo balt, especially BRAKE CHECK!)
Old 07-27-2008, 11:23 PM
Not a Sebring

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by IsItFast?
Lucky to find somone you have known for so long. A girl I knew from college 7 years ago that Ive kept up with finally became single.. I took her on a date - the only problem is she lives in Northern VA... I dont know if this relationship is going to work out... I hate long distance relationships, but I love her (and she LOVES riding in my '08 turbo balt, especially BRAKE CHECK!)
Nothern VA you say? Hmmmm.....

lok j/k man.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:30 PM

My HP TUners is on back order due to the cable! Believe me I need to check my own **** out too!
Old 07-27-2008, 11:35 PM
Not a Sebring

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My HP TUners is on back order due to the cable! Believe me I need to check my own **** out too!
That makes two of us. My car is running very iffy these days
Old 07-28-2008, 12:28 AM

Yeah, my car is getting pissed at me! So believe me I am trying to get it here!
Old 07-28-2008, 05:58 PM

Yeah, my car is getting pissed at me! So believe me I am trying to get it here!
yo hommie it says i have a missed call from u; whats up? bump for this thread thought us triangle guys were having another meet soon?

btw.... Chris any news on whether ur moving up this way or to Sanford at all?
Old 07-28-2008, 06:07 PM

I needed to ask you about my brakes!

Whos available and what days????

Last edited by M-Dub; 07-28-2008 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-28-2008, 06:11 PM

I needed to ask you about my brakes!

Whos available and what days????
yo; i couldnt pick up bc my cell is dead.....i'm not available this week bc im working well into overtime bc they just fired my GM so everyone is having to cover where hes missing since my ass. GM is covering for him and my manager is covering for her...and I'm covering for her....lmao...busy week...been wrking overnight last 2 nights too......whats the q? u going to try and tackle them urself? i can be avaialble for questions if you need me.......
Old 07-28-2008, 06:12 PM

Nah, I did my brakes my self. but they are making a rubbing noise just wondering if that is normal or not! I knew how to do them... just kinda like having a watchful eye when I do things that I haven't don't very much!
Old 07-28-2008, 06:23 PM

Nah, I did my brakes my self. but they are making a rubbing noise just wondering if that is normal or not! I knew how to do them... just kinda like having a watchful eye when I do things that I haven't don't very much!
rubbing noise....probably not normal...a howling from the drilled rotors would be normal...drilled ones make howling noises bc air goes through the holes and out the top of the rotors through the vanes creating that type of noise but rubbing isnt normal...is ur pad constantly stuck on the rotor or something up front..if so u have one of ur pistons sticking and if so since its hydraulic u'll have to bleed ur brakes...normally when changing rotors/ pads though this isn't necessary.... did you compress the piston in the caliper when you put the new pads on?

also, if and when u compressed them; u only compressed it flush with the caliper right? bc if you compress past that point u can damage the caiper internally.....

and lastly...if its a squeeling ur hearing then thats normal bc i doubt u used any bg brake quiet or anything for the pads so they are going to squeel.....what set up did ya purchase again (pad material)?

Last edited by lnf08ecotec; 07-28-2008 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-28-2008, 06:27 PM

It was hawk hps ferro carbon.... And I don't know the I used to old pad and use it to push the piston flush with the back... and I don't know it is hard to describe the noise... if it was constantly on the rotor I could really tell that one. They are dilled and slotted.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:35 PM

It was hawk hps ferro carbon.... And I don't know the I used to old pad and use it to push the piston flush with the back... and I don't know it is hard to describe the noise... if it was constantly on the rotor I could really tell that one. They are dilled and slotted.
if there isnt any noticeable prblems with it...and its not the pad touching the only other thing it could be is the clips the pads sit in the caliper in...they might be hitting the rotor other than that u might just be paranoid over the noise and it could be the howling.....check it with a flashlight up close with the wheel off and look overtop of it and check for those metal clips...other than that i dont see how it could be anything else bc we dont have metal plates behind our rotors like the mailbus so it cant be that rubbing.....
Old 07-28-2008, 06:39 PM

No I figured if there was a problem it wouldn't have stopped like a bitch! It's just a weird noise that wasn't there before and very quiet.... it's not loud at all!

And I could tell that after I was done and pumped the brakes the pistons pushed the pads down.... so that was working fine!

Last edited by M-Dub; 07-28-2008 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-28-2008, 06:40 PM

No I figured if there was a problem it wouldn't have stopped like a bitch! It's just a weird noise that wasn't there before and very quiet.... it's not loud at all!

And I could tell that after I was done and pumped the brakes the pistons pushed the pads down.... so that was working fine!
probably the howling...does it happen only when u apply the brakes or when ur just driving?
Old 07-28-2008, 06:40 PM

When I apply the brakes! Well it did at first before but then it stopped I figured at first was just any loose castings left on the rotor.... oh yeah and we have a slight issue with the back end of my car...

The passenger side is higher than the drivers side!
Old 07-28-2008, 06:41 PM

The first time I installed slotted/drilled rotors on a car I had the first thing I noticed was a rubbing sound, and a completely different feel from the pedal - you can feel the slots/drill holes.

If it is stopping fine, the sound while stopping is completely normal.

Since the rotors are drilled, keep a CLOSE eye on the holes - especially the ones on the outside. Watch for cracks forming, it is a common problem on drilled rotors and will cause a rotor to SHATTER with almost no warning if you don't catch it soon enough.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:43 PM

Yeah I will.... That is exactly what it is... I have never had slotted rotors so that is the slight vibration I am feeling then I guess!

Alright guys.... We need to get a meet together! Anyone Available Thursday night???

Last edited by M-Dub; 07-28-2008 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-28-2008, 06:45 PM

Yeah I will.... That is exactly what it is... I have never had slotted rotors so that is the slight vibration I am feeling then I guess!

Alright guys.... We need to get a meet together! Anyone Available Thursday night???
not me
Old 07-28-2008, 06:45 PM

I work 3rd shift, so unless its a weekend, nights are bad for me. Saturday, Sunday, and Monday nights Im usually available (unless Im in VA )

Quick Reply: Carolina Cobalts