South East MS, AL, TN, GA, SC, NC, and FL

Carolina Cobalts

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice to meet ya man... we are trying to get together a meet sometime!
Old 08-10-2008, 12:02 AM

well some one please pm me when a meet is going down around mid-state. I fill like I'm all alone out here in smalls-bury (Salisbury) I'm kind of new to the cobalt seen and trying to meet some people and get some ideas.
Old 08-10-2008, 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by IsItFast?
Being 6'5" headroom, legroom, and hip room were also very important to me personally. When I sat and drove the MS3 I felt very cramped, and my head hit the roof, unless I didnt sit correctly. Same thing with the SRT4 (used, of course).

I looked at all the performance stats, test drove the cars I could, and I enjoyed the Cobalt over all the others. My number 2 item on the list was also economy. I observe 25 in the city, and almost 35 on the highway (dont have the numbers yet now that I have the Hahn exhaust).

I liked the way the interior looked over all the competitors. I liked the fact it set a new record at the Nurburg, handling was VERY important to me.

I love the way it looks. I think the competitors are bland at best.

I hate ford. (just had to through that one in lol) This also discounts the MS3 (although I did seriously consider that one too).

Good posts on the numbers there, though. I am curious where you got them from? The EPA's official numbers for the cobalt SS turbo list 22city 30hwy. A quick check shows MS3 as 18/26 so that number matches up. Since I drive almost 300 miles per week, 4mpg is a big difference. That should get even better with a few mods (assuming I can keep out of it).

It all depends on what you personally were/are looking for in a car, since they are all in the same price range. I am single, cargo space doesnt matter to me, I have a pickup truck if I need cargo space.
Well i didn't pull the numbers out of my ass lol...i did a lot of research on this, and just started on the test drives. I look at all factors, performance, handling, room, etc. Compare prices with specs and make a decision from there. All of those numbers are from a wide range of sources like manufacture sites, edmunds, consumer reports, etc. No wikipedia here lol. Right now, i just don't think the SS Cobalt has that much to offer compared to the "competition"...not the coupe version anyway. When GM decides to throw a six speed on the sedan, then we are talking about serious competition to the rest of the gambit.

Originally Posted by philupondes
Jonathan
Salisbury/concord
2.2 LT
white
17 gunmetals 15% tint

we need to set up a meet near/around concord mills some where just some one get it together!!
Hey man, you wouldn't have been in Fayetteville today (saturday) on All American would you? I ran with a White LT Sport Package today on All American and made a comment to my wife that they would start posting on here as soon as they saw the decal lmfao

Last edited by FacelessKhaos; 08-10-2008 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-10-2008, 10:14 AM

[/QUOTE]Hey man, you wouldn't have been in Fayetteville today (saturday) on All American would you? I ran with a White LT Sport Package today on All American and made a comment to my wife that they would start posting on here as soon as they saw the decal lmfao[/QUOTE]

na man wasnt me I live about 2.5 hours away from there check out the photos in my profile if you want but pretty shur you want see me around there!
Old 08-10-2008, 12:47 PM

Hey man, you wouldn't have been in Fayetteville today (saturday) on All American would you? I ran with a White LT Sport Package today on All American and made a comment to my wife that they would start posting on here as soon as they saw the decal lmfao[/QUOTE]

na man wasnt me I live about 2.5 hours away from there check out the photos in my profile if you want but pretty shur you want see me around there![/QUOTE]

Oh okay, you have a 2 door...i ran with a 4 door....seemed like dude was in a hurry though...but he couldn't make it past me..oops...seemed kinda funny though you joining the forum and having a white lt anyway...welcome to the forum
Old 08-11-2008, 05:04 PM

hey do u guys know of any junk/scrapyards in the area that have cobalts in them. i checked with pull-a-part and they dont have any cobalts anyone know of any other places in the charlotte/monroe area
Old 08-14-2008, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by znew
hey do u guys know of any junk/scrapyards in the area that have cobalts in them. i checked with pull-a-part and they dont have any cobalts anyone know of any other places in the charlotte/monroe area
Haven't seen any around Charlotte but Devore Cook has a few cobalts including an SS/SC that are parts cars. Prices are a little steep though. www.devorecookauto.com

Hey. Who has the blacked out cobalt ss, wingless, painted rims in Fayetteville?
Old 08-15-2008, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by IsItFast?
If thats your opinion, please show me another car for under $25k that does 0-60 in 5.5, pulls nearly a G on the skidpad, set a new record on the nurburgring by 13 seconds, and has a top speed near 160mph, and still gets 30mpg on the highway?

BTW - I beat a 350z convertible today merging on to the highway, its a long long onramp and we hit ??? before we both hit the brakes in a friendly roll-race - I pulled on him the entire way.
1. I can give you a few used cars, hell why not just a EGhatch($3k) with that kinda money into it? It could kill the balt in a heartbeat.

2. 350Z's are mid-high 14 second cars, it isnt that hard with the power you posess. My friend has one with full bolt ons and all the weight savings you can imagine and still pumps out a 13.7. Without being built and turbo'd they have a hard time making fast and furious power.
Originally Posted by FacelessKhaos
Now, with that being said the WRX and WRX STi along with the Evo had it right, power, performance, with family room.
Rob has gotten to you eh? LMAO
Jonathan
Salisbury/concord
2.2 LT
white
17 gunmetals 15% tint

we need to set up a meet near/around concord mills some where just some one get it together!!
Man I was just in Gastonia Sunday through yesterday, Wish I had known.
Originally Posted by FacelessKhaos
Haven't seen any around Charlotte but Devore Cook has a few cobalts including an SS/SC that are parts cars. Prices are a little steep though. www.devorecookauto.com

Hey. Who has the blacked out cobalt ss, wingless, painted rims in Fayetteville?
That is probably Ryan, his car caught fire back in feburary and he just recently got it back.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:26 PM

Old 08-15-2008, 02:28 PM

Wish I could see it, Dialup FTL
Old 08-15-2008, 02:30 PM

It's just an idle clip and a shot of my engine bay!
Old 08-15-2008, 02:36 PM

Hey you have a sexy car, I'd hit that. LMAO
Old 08-15-2008, 02:44 PM

I'm MOVING!! woohoo, just signed my lease for a house in Sanford.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:45 PM

I am moving too.... Apartment for now Brier Creek! Move monday... and get my garage back! WOO

Originally Posted by tru2nrtt777
Hey you have a sexy car, I'd hit that. LMAO
She's kinda loose man... hotdog down a hallway man!

Last edited by M-Dub; 08-15-2008 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-16-2008, 11:35 AM

Damn, I dated a girl like that, had to get checked afterwords because it itched...
Old 08-16-2008, 06:31 PM

men whats up lets get a meet together some near the concord area very soon. how about every body take a trip to concord mills or some where close by there just meet up chill have some fellowship talk about rides and mods and cruse around, and have alil cobalt invasion!!!!!!
Old 08-17-2008, 03:02 PM

men whats up lets get a meet together some near the concord area very soon. how about every body take a trip to concord mills or some where close by there just meet up chill have some fellowship talk about rides and mods and cruse around, and have alil cobalt invasion!!!!!!
Man earlier in the summer we coulda worked something out but I got school and hopefully another job lined up pretty soon.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You cannot meet up at Concord Mills for more than maybe 5 mins before being asked to leave unless everyone shows up almost at the same time and all look over the rides real quick and go inside. I know cause this has happened everytime we have tried to have even just 4 cars show up. Nice meeting point to go somewhere else though.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:35 PM

Tunner?

anyone going to be in wilmington vacinity anytime soon with a hahn tuner or something for a 08 tc? have any of you guys tuned yet? what gains did you achieve?
Old 08-18-2008, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Beamer
You cannot meet up at Concord Mills for more than maybe 5 mins before being asked to leave unless everyone shows up almost at the same time and all look over the rides real quick and go inside. I know cause this has happened everytime we have tried to have even just 4 cars show up. Nice meeting point to go somewhere else though.
well it dont have to be their, thats just a well knew spot, I just used that as reference point! but anywhere ll'do
Old 08-18-2008, 09:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yea was just givin a heads up, I try to stay out of setting these up though cause of always having bad showings.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:25 PM

hey i read somethin here a few weeks ago about meets at uncc parking garage. just giving u guys a heads up in case u didnt hear. the cops are now on lookout for any kind of modified cars there or anywhere around charlotte after what happened the other night.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:10 AM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
i think the scientologists will be mighty upset at your screen name.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by znew
hey i read somethin here a few weeks ago about meets at uncc parking garage. just giving u guys a heads up in case u didnt hear. the cops are now on lookout for any kind of modified cars there or anywhere around charlotte after what happened the other night.
I've heard of this spot but only on firdays thoe. but what happend?? I didnt here
Old 08-19-2008, 01:31 PM

I've heard of this spot but only on firdays thoe. but what happend?? I didnt here
there was a club meeting up there at night and then going out onto 485 and racing the cops got like 40 ppl and impounded ten cars. they are a chapter of horsepower addicts. in the uncc area. they would go out on the highway and slow ppl down by driving real slow and then they would line up and race down 485 from i85 to fairview road.

Quick Reply: Carolina Cobalts