South East MS, AL, TN, GA, SC, NC, and FL

Carolina Cobalts

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 04:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know all about the racing that happened on friday night at around 1:30 in the morning, about 20 cars(this number keeps changing depending on where you read about it) got on 485 and had some of the cars doing a slow rolling block off of traffic, 2 cars would run from 5-20mph and race to whatever and than move off for the next two. Cops has seen this start up and watched, they used about 13 miles of 485 to do this and than the cops broke in, arresting 4 people and taking in 6 cars. They are trying to blame the Uncc friday night meetings for this happening when its not even 'effing close to the truth. The organizer of the meet let everyone know that its an idle in and idle out event, you show up and be good and leave being good. We cannot tell you what to do when you leave but you obey the no reving, burning out and loud systems while there. No racing is encouraged. And by the pics of some of the cars I have seen I don't remember them being at the meet that night anyway but who knows.

Basically they are blaming the Uncc thing because they do not want us to have a place to go and talk and just have a decent time. The people who are mature and what not are trying to fight this so we do not have the meeting spot shut down because its a good place and normally everyone is cool, the few who are not are asked to leave and if they refuse we call the campus police to remove them.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Beamer
I know all about the racing that happened on friday night at around 1:30 in the morning, about 20 cars(this number keeps changing depending on where you read about it) got on 485 and had some of the cars doing a slow rolling block off of traffic, 2 cars would run from 5-20mph and race to whatever and than move off for the next two. Cops has seen this start up and watched, they used about 13 miles of 485 to do this and than the cops broke in, arresting 4 people and taking in 6 cars. They are trying to blame the Uncc friday night meetings for this happening when its not even 'effing close to the truth. The organizer of the meet let everyone know that its an idle in and idle out event, you show up and be good and leave being good. We cannot tell you what to do when you leave but you obey the no reving, burning out and loud systems while there. No racing is encouraged. And by the pics of some of the cars I have seen I don't remember them being at the meet that night anyway but who knows.

Basically they are blaming the Uncc thing because they do not want us to have a place to go and talk and just have a decent time. The people who are mature and what not are trying to fight this so we do not have the meeting spot shut down because its a good place and normally everyone is cool, the few who are not are asked to leave and if they refuse we call the campus police to remove them.

And here is the news article to back that up ENJOY!!

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/loc...ry/138267.html
Old 08-20-2008, 05:59 PM

Yea and the meets at UNCC are shut down, guess I well have to find something else to do late fridays
Old 08-21-2008, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by znew
hey i read somethin here a few weeks ago about meets at uncc parking garage. just giving u guys a heads up in case u didnt hear. the cops are now on lookout for any kind of modified cars there or anywhere around charlotte after what happened the other night.
Not exactly...
Originally Posted by znew
they are a chapter of horsepower addicts.
Bullshit. HPA didnt even know about this and thier meets were not on the parking deck. Evidence Talking about things you know little about doesnt gain you rep.
Yea and the meets at UNCC are shut down, guess I well have to find something else to do late fridays
The man who orginized the meet on the deck.
One of the guilty.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by tru2nrtt777
Not exactly...

Bullshit. HPA didnt even know about this and thier meets were not on the parking deck. Evidence Talking about things you know little about doesnt gain you rep.

The man who orginized the meet on the deck.
One of the guilty.
Travis. man it's all over the news. here is the link from where HPA was interviewed as were the cops and UNCC.

I know it doesn't sound right but those are the facts. Take it from the news, not a forum. The news trumps the forum.

Who wants to help me move in the morning lmfao.

Last edited by FacelessKhaos; 08-22-2008 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-22-2008, 09:55 AM

hmm seems like u guys have been havin some fun since i last posted
Old 08-22-2008, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by FacelessKhaos
Travis. man it's all over the news. here is the link from where HPA was interviewed as were the cops and UNCC.

I know it doesn't sound right but those are the facts. Take it from the news, not a forum. The news trumps the forum.

Who wants to help me move in the morning lmfao.
News does trump a forum cause everyone seems to think the news is right and gets to be on tv where we don't, having the facts first hand is always helpful too. That does not mean just in this case but many stories I know about firsthand and than read about, facts, hahaha, funny word the media uses.
Old 08-24-2008, 02:02 PM

to Faceless: So lets see, you believe someone who has a biased angle on something versus the people who were directly involved? Makes so much sense... Media makes money off of twisting information to thier liking.

All the people I linked were there and knew what went down, what you linked was a journalist making a buck.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:19 PM

haha, they took one of their lieing articles down after people like US who know what happened started to bitch at them and basically calling them out. Gotta get everyone over to the other lieing articles, I read one that said the meets had 300 cars and ALL went out to race, ******* idiots, it was only about 10-15

And thanks to the few jackass' who did do the racing I have had countless cops following me now, looks like Rango has a hard on for anyone w/ a modified ride now around here.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:07 PM

to Faceless: So lets see, you believe someone who has a biased angle on something versus the people who were directly involved? Makes so much sense... Media makes money off of twisting information to thier liking.

All the people I linked were there and knew what went down, what you linked was a journalist making a buck.
That's a two way street man...you are going to have people there that are going to exaggerate and others that will say not much happened. I have seen how the news works from the inside and on the outside. I wouldn't say something just out of speculation. What i say is usually true. Unless you can prove otherwise (not word of mouth, or type spoken text from a forum) then i am going to take something credible i.e. the news with a higher weight than the forum. Point Made.

Yes, they took it down. Not because it was bullshit. Because after say a week/10days/etc. The page expires, they don't make money from OLD NEWS. Now feel free to prove me wrong. Get me some police reports/pictures of that night/video of the races with the cops their and i'll admit that i'm wrong. Until then.....everybody is right and everybody is wrong.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:10 PM
Not a Sebring

I'll be a Carolina 'balt come Feb. 2009

Moving down to SC.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:12 PM

chris
jacksonville
lt
victory red
Old 08-26-2008, 11:05 AM

New is still saying that, that HPA club was part of it when people in the group have gone and talked to the news but they are still saying they were part of it. God man, the news is sooo fucked up these days!

And faceless, continue to believe what they say, just even better when we know the truth and the news knows less than half of it. I find it hard to believe them when just about everyone on a site continue to say the same thing, when the news just makes up something else and that article was taken down only after like 4 days so whatever to the 10 day limit thing, I still can look at one of their first articles on it that is way over that limit.

Being at these meets, talking to many people there and again, GOING TO THESE MEETS FTW! Still having people who read the news say what really happened and not actually knowing **** = Priceless (not pointed at people here, mainly news and some people who asked me about it cause they knew I went to these gatherings and kept saying I was full of it and the news is never wrong)
Old 08-27-2008, 08:39 PM

New is still saying that, that HPA club was part of it when people in the group have gone and talked to the news but they are still saying they were part of it. God man, the news is sooo fucked up these days!

And faceless, continue to believe what they say, just even better when we know the truth and the news knows less than half of it. I find it hard to believe them when just about everyone on a site continue to say the same thing, when the news just makes up something else and that article was taken down only after like 4 days so whatever to the 10 day limit thing, I still can look at one of their first articles on it that is way over that limit.

Being at these meets, talking to many people there and again, GOING TO THESE MEETS FTW! Still having people who read the news say what really happened and not actually knowing **** = Priceless (not pointed at people here, mainly news and some people who asked me about it cause they knew I went to these gatherings and kept saying I was full of it and the news is never wrong)
the news wasn't saying HPA was part of the event. it merely stated that the cars that were involved where from the HPA meet. Not that HPA Hosted the race. The cops are involved with UNCC because of the allegations presented at the time of the arrest.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:15 PM

the cars what were involved were not from the HPA meet, their meets do not go on this time of the year. Why are people stuck on the HPA, they had nothing to do w/ this. The gatherings that have been going since 5/--/08 till now every friday and sometimes saturday are completely separate. They were sit up by one guy who wanted to have something for people in the summer. Only reason UNCC got dragged into this was cause some douche said that is where he came from. In any case, I and many others how the whole story and not what the news said which they half assed reported and continue to report. In all its not biggy, just sucks that we lost our friday night thing cause of 10-20 people got dumb and decided to race on public streets and than mention a meet that had nothing to do w/ setting up the races. yea they may have gone to the meet and decided to go race but the organizer along w/ the others who did not do anything are not responsible.

But hey, continue to listen to what the news tells ya, you can trust them just as you can trust the government
Old 08-28-2008, 08:47 AM

Ladies and Gents...

2nd annual coby meet. I have been talking to many coby's in the Jacksonville area. For instance we had 9 come out last night at my car club meeting. i would like to spread outside the Jacksonville area.

TIME: 1200
PLACE: Roses parking lot, Western BLVD Jacksonville, NC, near the China Garden buffet.
DATE: SUNDAY AUG 31
ALTERNATE PLACE: Behind Best Buy under the old wood auning, on the Western extension past walmart.

If anyone has any question call me at 910-787-2417.

Last edited by Aaron clark; 08-28-2008 at 09:23 AM. Reason: NEEDED DATE
Old 08-28-2008, 06:21 PM

Being at these meets, talking to many people there and again, GOING TO THESE MEETS FTW!
Word, I timed my Charlotte visits with the weekends just so I could go.
Originally Posted by FacelessKhaos
the news wasn't saying HPA was part of the event. it merely stated that the cars that were involved where from the HPA meet. Not that HPA Hosted the race. The cops are involved with UNCC because of the allegations presented at the time of the arrest.
By saying it was a HPA meet they came from they were saying they were part of HPA. HPA had disbanded over the summer because the members were from all over the area. The cops only learned about the meets because the kid on INC who got caught got his car impounded and it had INC stickers on it so they checked the website and in the Charlotte section it had the UNCC Meet thread and people had already heard of the news and were discussing it in the thread.

Completely unrelated scenerio:
Guy speeds and cops search his car, they find an ounce of weed(over a half is considered intent to sell). News gets ahold of it and headlines are DRUGDEALER CAUGHT! Media sells papers and TV outlets get ratings because the world thrives on bad news.
In reality an ounce doesnt even last some people a weekend.Kid bought it for personal use.Does that mean that the kid is a drugdealer?
Old 08-29-2008, 11:55 AM

Word, I timed my Charlotte visits with the weekends just so I could go.

By saying it was a HPA meet they came from they were saying they were part of HPA. HPA had disbanded over the summer because the members were from all over the area. The cops only learned about the meets because the kid on INC who got caught got his car impounded and it had INC stickers on it so they checked the website and in the Charlotte section it had the UNCC Meet thread and people had already heard of the news and were discussing it in the thread.

Completely unrelated scenerio:
Guy speeds and cops search his car, they find an ounce of weed(over a half is considered intent to sell). News gets ahold of it and headlines are DRUGDEALER CAUGHT! Media sells papers and TV outlets get ratings because the world thrives on bad news.
In reality an ounce doesnt even last some people a weekend.Kid bought it for personal use.Does that mean that the kid is a drugdealer?
Interesting point of the drug story....that is a scare tactic used by news organizations with the police department in an attempt to scare the actual dealer into making a mistake so they catch the real perp. Also, it's used as a preventative measure to make others from taking up said activity. Does it work all the time? No. Like i have said before, i have seen how news works from the inside to the outside. I've been on the cutting room floor, talked to journalist, and read the news. It also helps when your wife is a journalism major.

Now. To me, this is a dead issue. It's not important enough to keep posting about it.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:40 PM

So if that is just a scare tactic then why isnt the bullshit Charlotte/Gastonia news story the same?
Old 08-29-2008, 06:49 PM

It was warm out today, I burned my hands on a co-workers car trying to show her how changer her air filter(she had driven just before). Some people.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:37 AM

So if that is just a scare tactic then why isnt the bullshit Charlotte/Gastonia news story the same?
Because "drug dealers" don't shut down miles of interstate then blame it on a car club meet at the local college.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:58 AM

today is starting to be pretty warm too, watching Best of 2007 ufc
Old 08-30-2008, 05:35 PM

so...i was thinking...since i moved into this nice new house with a huge backyard and a pretty decent back deck....i may host a small get together with beer and bbq....hmmz
Old 08-30-2008, 06:46 PM

bbq is a nice idea, I wanted to have a gathering at my place before summer let out but I am not sure now, got a pool and a big back yard aswell. Maybe I can do something in the next couple weeks
Old 08-30-2008, 09:38 PM

Well if there is bbq and beer involved lemmie know!

To you Raleigh guys.... I saw and I forgot your name the Red SS/TC with the low wing going into the Taco Bell on Strickland last week!

Last edited by M-Dub; 08-30-2008 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply: Carolina Cobalts