South Mountain UT, AZ, NM, and CO

Arizona BS Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are you doing for a bigger turbo? BNR plug-n-play or something else?
Old 11-22-2010, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by tglems
What are you doing for a bigger turbo? BNR plug-n-play or something else?
Most likely getting a precision 5857
Old 11-22-2010, 11:35 AM

New mani and DP then?
Old 11-22-2010, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by tglems
New mani and DP then?
yes sir
Old 11-22-2010, 02:50 PM

Pedders came in today, lowering in a little bit
Old 11-22-2010, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by 08ssedan
Pedders came in today, lowering in a little bit
cool post some pics of it
Old 11-22-2010, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by SCcobaltSS
No way.. The fuel reached that far because they have not seated yet. Its a new motor, unless there is something wrong with the rings they should still be useable. What were the numbers?
90 all the way across yea I think its cause the rings haven't seated so I have no idea wats wrong with this damn car but I know the main seal is leaking
Old 11-23-2010, 01:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris_20133
90 all the way across yea I think its cause the rings haven't seated so I have no idea wats wrong with this damn car but I know the main seal is leaking
90 is ok. I am still guessing timing. Main seal is leaking now? Did you replace it?

I think you should put the stock cams in. The thing I learned with a build is do not change any other part other than the enigne internals, valve springs, etc. Stuff that is not going to initially effect start up. The troubleshooting is so much easy because you can pin point it. If you didnt do the cams you can rule thing out like we have, spark got it, fuel got it, air got it, rpm go it, timing???? Do we have the correct timing?

We know that the engine is atleast compressing, which is good, but is it compressing at the correct time as the spark is trying to ingnite the fuel/air?

After you get it running and get the rings seated then put the cams back in. Go from there to try to fix the problem.

Weird thing I noticed about your car though, it killed a charged battery after one time of trying to start it. That is something to think about, extreme drain. When I charged my battery and tried starting the car I had a good amount of tries to start it before it showed signs of drain... Something just isnt right about yours.

Last edited by SCcobaltSS; 11-23-2010 at 10:10 AM.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:24 PM

90 is ok. I am still guessing timing. Main seal is leaking now? Did you replace it?

I think you should put the stock cams in. The thing I learned with a build is do not change any other part other than the enigne internals, valve springs, etc. Stuff that is not going to initially effect start up. The troubleshooting is so much easy because you can pin point it. If you didnt do the cams you can rule thing out like we have, spark got it, fuel got it, air got it, rpm go it, timing???? Do we have the correct timing?

We know that the engine is atleast compressing, which is good, but is it compressing at the correct time as the spark is trying to ingnite the fuel/air?

After you get it running and get the rings seated then put the cams back in. Go from there to try to fix the problem.

Weird thing I noticed about your car though, it killed a charged battery after one time of trying to start it. That is something to think about, extreme drain. When I charged my battery and tried starting the car I had a good amount of tries to start it before it showed signs of drain... Something just isnt right about yours.
The seal came with the crank may or may not have been new

I see wat your getting at imma have Cameron put the stock cams back in and see what happens

They fixed the battery draining issue it was the fuse box it was full of dirt from it sitting so long don't know how or why it had anything to do with it but its fixed now lol
Old 11-23-2010, 02:32 PM

The seal came with the crank may or may not have been new

I see wat your getting at imma have Cameron put the stock cams back in and see what happens

They fixed the battery draining issue it was the fuse box it was full of dirt from it sitting so long don't know how or why it had anything to do with it but its fixed now lol
Yah that is the only other thing that it seems that it could be. If the cams dont work then there is something wrong with the spark or fuel firing order it is producing. Or a sensor that was missed.

Once Cameron has done that change let me know what happens.

Hmmm dirty in the fuse box huh? Well least its fixed.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:54 PM

1 bad ground can keep a car from starting. Way back when, when Cameron was rebuilding his car, it would just crank forever. Couldn't figure it out. Found a wire under the front bumper that was just sitting there, so he bolted it to the bumper, turned key, and it fired up like nothing was ever wrong. Bad ground or other wiring issue could explain a drained battery as well.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Tomtwtwtw
1 bad ground can keep a car from starting. Way back when, when Cameron was rebuilding his car, it would just crank forever. Couldn't figure it out. Found a wire under the front bumper that was just sitting there, so he bolted it to the bumper, turned key, and it fired up like nothing was ever wrong. Bad ground or other wiring issue could explain a drained battery as well.
Yea all I could think to explain it is the fuses weren't getting a good touch
Old 11-23-2010, 05:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If your talking about blown4banger i remember that!It was a ground strap specifically for the coil packs.it was just a 16 gauge wire that went to the block
Old 11-23-2010, 05:13 PM

His friend that is helping him said it was getting spark and fuel... A bad ground would make one of those factors non existant I would think.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:54 PM

Hey guys!

Holly cow! Havent been on here in about two years. How is everyone doing. I still got my SS/SC and latley it has been having issues. Thought I would come back here and see if I could find any usefull info.
Hope you guys are all doing well.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by BallsoutBalt
Holly cow! Havent been on here in about two years. How is everyone doing. I still got my SS/SC and latley it has been having issues. Thought I would come back here and see if I could find any usefull info.
What are the issues?
Old 11-23-2010, 06:02 PM

What are the issues?
SC is only boosting to like 9psi. Prettys sure I need a new tune as well. Is anyone doing those these days. My car bogs and pings like mad in the summer. Winter is a little better.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:06 PM

SC is only boosting to like 9psi. Prettys sure I need a new tune as well. Is anyone doing those these days. My car bogs and pings like mad in the summer. Winter is a little better.
Maybe a stuck open bypass valve. Any cels'?

I actually tune. What tune do you have now? Stevo tune?

Last edited by SCcobaltSS; 11-23-2010 at 06:16 PM.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:16 PM

Maybe a stuck bypass valve. Any cels'?

I actually tune. What tune do you have now? Stevo tune?
Yup. Light has been on for forever. LOL
One of the orriginal Steveo tunes.

How much do you charge?
Old 11-23-2010, 06:22 PM

Yup. Light has been on for forever. LOL
One of the orriginal Steveo tunes.

How much do you charge?
Do you have the P number? That would help.

It will probably be 150. Depends how the tune looks, price wont go up, maybe down. If I am thinking back to the CIAZ.net days, I know you and knew you had a stevo tune. So I wont charge you full price 100 for the credits and 50 for my time.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:48 PM

WTF up man? You still living off Longmore?

Most seem to have a problem overboosting due to clogged cats or other restrictions...I'm leaning toward SCcobaltSS on this one. Hopefully just a bypass issue...only other thing I could think of would worn s/c rotors? How many miles you have on it now?
Old 11-23-2010, 06:54 PM

I can check the CEL out for you to see what it is if you want the tune. It is a little bit of a drive to mesa, if you still live there, just to check the code without the tune. You can also stop by any autozone on the way home get the code and post it.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:04 PM

chris is so nice lol
Old 11-23-2010, 08:49 PM

Damn wats sup man not to many of us OG's left from the CIAZ days
Old 11-24-2010, 04:26 PM

Do you have the P number? That would help.

It will probably be 150. Depends how the tune looks, price wont go up, maybe down. If I am thinking back to the CIAZ.net days, I know you and knew you had a stevo tune. So I wont charge you full price 100 for the credits and 50 for my time.
I don't know the P numbers. Sorry.
That is mighty generous of you man. Thank you. Lets talk more after the thanksgiving holiday. I'll PM you my cell so you can call me.

WTF up man? You still living off Longmore?

Most seem to have a problem overboosting due to clogged cats or other restrictions...I'm leaning toward SCcobaltSS on this one. Hopefully just a bypass issue...only other thing I could think of would worn s/c rotors? How many miles you have on it now?
Hey there buddy! No I moved in with my new fiance' in chandler. Got about 66k on her now (the car, not the fiance).

Damn wats sup man not to many of us OG's left from the CIAZ days
Right! I still have the CIAZ sticker on my dash. LOL

Quick Reply: Arizona BS Thread