South Mountain UT, AZ, NM, and CO

Arizona BS Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 11:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 40rty
Clutch has been done, spec stage 3+
Lame as *** but it is what it is

Nice clutch 40rty.How's engagement on the plus series.Im actually in the market for a clutch but looking more on the exedy side.
oh and Chris(Wolff),the puller worked wonders last night.Thanks again.It's in my trunk in the garage.Hit me up and we can kick it like jujitsu and I can give it back.**** was cake.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:30 AM

So wait... I'm confused.

'Lame as *** but is what it is.' Directed towards me and the DR's that I have?
Old 01-26-2012, 11:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Steve the engagement is like stock. Clutch feels like stock, only differnce I get some shutter if I level at normal RPMs compared to stock. Hold my power nicely, no slip what so ever.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im running a spec 3+ w/ lighter flywheel just like chris said but I get a lil more shutter we thinks it's from the flywheel
Old 01-26-2012, 11:50 AM

Like I said.It is what it is.
Wish Chris still had his 4 lug steelies with DR's but hell,don't really need em with what I got so whatever.

Gonna go have fun and actually not worry about times for once with good people.Gonna be a blast who ever wants to join.

Chris:The pedal didn't get any stiffer.I've heard nothing but horror story's about Spec except the + series are supposed to be way better durablity.Have you ever driven exedy's 3 puck setup.Wondering if
Specs engagement grabs like that or a ACT 6 puck.I want one that's not gonna suck a$$ in traffic.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by FF_ace
Im running a spec 3+ w/ lighter flywheel just like chris said but I get a lil more shutter we thinks it's from the flywheel
hmm.I've drivin the exedy stage 2 or 3 and it shuttered but was from clutch not flywheel.That wouldn't really bother me though.hmm.I still think i'm more on exedy.the storys of spec are terrifying lol
Old 01-26-2012, 11:55 AM

Pedal is the same. It shutters but not much, it is a full faced disc.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:57 AM

are you still able to slip it or "ride" it?Or is it like once it grabs,it fully grabs?
Old 01-26-2012, 12:08 PM

slip
Old 01-26-2012, 12:10 PM

Same here, i got the 11lbs flywheel with the clutch and every now and then ill get some chattering. It is a on/off clutch but i would say it is a little forgiving. Once it grabs though it hokds the power nicely. Putting it in was one of the best things i did since 4th and 5 were pretty much gone with the stock clutch. Stock Sky clutch is weaker than the cobalts. 412trq will do it.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:16 PM

hmmm mine is not on off. I can slip it.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:18 PM

Mine will slip a little but do it to much and you get the car shaking
Old 01-26-2012, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by 1LowLS
Wish Chris still had his 4 lug steelies with DR's but hell,don't really need em with what I got so whatever.

Gonna go have fun and actually not worry about times for once with good people.Gonna be a blast who ever wants to join.

Chris:The pedal didn't get any stiffer.I've heard nothing but horror story's about Spec except the + series are supposed to be way better durablity.Have you ever driven exedy's 3 puck setup.Wondering if
Specs engagement grabs like that or a ACT 6 puck.I want one that's not gonna suck a$$ in traffic.
Okay Steve. You do know that Chris sold those to me right?

I told you before that they are below the wear bar and that last time I was there he said that he shouldn't be passing me for inspection and not to being them to the track again.

Nor do I like the idea of trying to cheat and sneak them in in Chris's trunk and putting them on post inspection.

And last you asked me you said nevermind I'm not going to the track anymore... so you really hadnt asked me since. But I suppose that's irrelevant now.

Sad thing is you've probably gotten more use out of my drs than I have because I've only used them twice at the track.

Either way I would think That you would be able to talk to me about this stuff instead of putting subtle clues online like whatever.... :/
Old 01-26-2012, 02:22 PM

Same here, i got the 11lbs flywheel with the clutch and every now and then ill get some chattering. It is a on/off clutch but i would say it is a little forgiving. Once it grabs though it hokds the power nicely. Putting it in was one of the best things i did since 4th and 5 were pretty much gone with the stock clutch. Stock Sky clutch is weaker than the cobalts. 412trq will do it.
Funny story I bought my clutch and flywheel from you right after you totaled your lnf
Old 01-26-2012, 02:27 PM

Funny story I bought my clutch and flywheel from you right after you totaled your lnf

That's why I kept reading your name and wondering why it sounded so familiar. Yea, that thing was brand new as I never got to put it in. Everything work out for you? Damn that was back in 09 when I was in Hawaii.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:32 PM

that clutch was sitting for a while before he installed it.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Tundraboarder666

I told you before that they are below the wear bar and that last time I was there he said that he shouldn't be passing me for inspection and not to being them to the track again.

Nor do I like the idea of trying to cheat and sneak them in in Chris's trunk and putting them on post inspection.

And last you asked me you said nevermind I'm not going to the track anymore... so you really hadnt asked me since. But I suppose that's irrelevant now.

Sad thing is you've probably gotten more use out of my drs than I have because I've only used them twice at the track.

Either way I would think That you would be able to talk to me about this stuff instead of putting subtle clues online like whatever.... :/
I always put mine on post inspection....but then again the wheels were identical so they wouldnt be able to tell....if they ask why are their 2 others...id say so i could swap to drive home....but i ALWAYS swapped after inspection.

and they always told me that drag radials dont matter where the wear bar is since they are a drag tire....hmmm
Old 01-26-2012, 02:39 PM

funny thing is Ive never EVER used your DR's.Chris had new DR's on my steelies after those so no.Ive gotten no use from your dr's lol so whatever like I said it is what it is.And them being put on post tech has nothing to do with you but whatever.I like getting better traction on my all seasons anyways and I said nevermind because you quit responding after I told you what I was gonna do so.It's cool,now I know not to ask in the first place.I'll just worry about my own and get **** to use.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by evofire
I always put mine on post inspection....but then again the wheels were identical so they wouldnt be able to tell....if they ask why are their 2 others...id say so i could swap to drive home....but i ALWAYS swapped after inspection.

and they always told me that drag radials dont matter where the wear bar is since they are a drag tire....hmmm
Just what I was told, not to bring them back to the track I would be failed for inspection... Plus I wouldn't want to have 2 extra tires chillin in the trunk to slow me down. lol

funny thing is Ive never EVER used your DR's.Chris had new DR's on my steelies after those so no.Ive gotten no use from your dr's lol so whatever like I said it is what it is.And them being put on post tech has nothing to do with you but whatever.I like getting better traction on my all seasons anyways and I said nevermind because you quit responding after I told you what I was gonna do so.It's cool,now I know not to ask in the first place.I'll just worry about my own and get **** to use.
Really? I thought you did way back when you were N/A lol, guess not. They would be used then, so it kinda would have something to do with me.. I doubt they would get better traction then the DR's otherwise you wouldn't have asked for them. I went to go pee when I went away lol sorry. Why wouldn't you ask? I wouldn't care if they had life on them, but they don't. I don't have money to replace them so I don't want them to be used up yet if like what Chris is saying it won't matter about the wear bar...
Old 01-26-2012, 04:28 PM

Guys know of a good date in which we could get this done? I'm in the Navy and my ship will be in DryDocks for the coming months. I'll order all the parts the first and then whenever I get a date I'll just take leave for a week or so. How long will a job like this take?? Sorry for the twenty questions, I'm just so happy to have found someone that can help. I was going to get tires and wheel but I rather be smart about everything and build the motor to be bulletproof for my BNR. I also have already bought Phenomic throttlebody and Intake mani gaskets for the lnf. Keeps things cool so I guess I won't need the regular gaskets for that.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:37 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Do you still have your SS/TC?
Old 01-26-2012, 04:42 PM

Lame as *** but it is what it is

Nice clutch 40rty.How's engagement on the plus series.Im actually in the market for a clutch but looking more on the exedy side.
oh and Chris(Wolff),the puller worked wonders last night.Thanks again.It's in my trunk in the garage.Hit me up and we can kick it like jujitsu and I can give it back.**** was cake.
Sorry, I must of missed your post. The clutch is great and I'm happy with it. Like others have said, after the breakin you'll feel that its like stock. Now, it is less unforgiving when engaging. I will admit that randomly when not thinking and at a light, I will stall the clutch because you will have to rev just a little more than your used to avoid killing it, not much. There is some chattering from time to time, but nothing that will bother you. When cruising in my car if I'm in 5th the cluth will chatter at 2k or lower, same for 4th and 3rd.

There are two versions of the + series. Non SAC and SAC(Self adjusting clutch). The Non sac sucks in traffic but is a lot more tolerable then the Exedy. I know this cause my logger/buddy here has an SS/TC with the exedy and it sucks in traffic. Either way though both clutch's are damn good when it comes to holding power. I will admit that I think Exedy did more R&D with their setup then SPEC. The SPEC came with a spacer and I had to add yet another spacer just to get the gear engagements just right. This is not seen in the Exedy. I think SPEC just took one of their + they already had and added the spacer to make it work in the F35/Colorado Tranny(Sky) in our cars.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:43 PM

That's why I kept reading your name and wondering why it sounded so familiar. Yea, that thing was brand new as I never got to put it in. Everything work out for you? Damn that was back in 09 when I was in Hawaii.
Ya it's working great and like chris said it sat in my closet for months before I ever installed it
Old 01-26-2012, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Terminator2
Do you still have your SS/TC?

Oh what's up man! I'm guessing you read what's going on???
Old 01-26-2012, 04:47 PM

Just what I was told, not to bring them back to the track I would be failed for inspection... Plus I wouldn't want to have 2 extra tires chillin in the trunk to slow me down. lol
Ive always been lucky enough to have people go that are not racing, and i kept my wheels/tires in their trunks. Hell I even filled the trunk of Rhett's CTS-V with junk when i raced for the first time with the blower.

Trust me Tyler. If you have someone else take them into the track in their car, and swap, so one will ever know. I've done it a million times!

Quick Reply: Arizona BS Thread