Supporting Vendor Deals & Group Purchases For Supporting Vendors ONLY!

Stance Coilovers | Fully Adjustable | Fully Beautiful | Intro Sale

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bump just to say I got to work on these again today. They always look like pure sex.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:17 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by slowswap
Bump just to say I got to work on these again today. They always look like pure sex.
wtf are you guys doing?
Old 04-13-2009, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Maven
wtf are you guys doing?
making them better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-13-2009, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by SS/SCking
making them better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its taking an awful long time......,they are either A: gonna be the best Chaiwanese coilovers evar, or B:they sucked real bad to begin with, or C: these are stroking each other and screwing with us.

Has there even been ONE picture of the actual product as delivered or installed on the test car yet?
Old 04-13-2009, 11:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im pretty interested in these...how hard is the install on something like this? extremely complicated or pretty simple?
Old 04-13-2009, 11:47 PM

Its taking an awful long time......,they are either A: gonna be the best Chaiwanese coilovers evar, or B:they sucked real bad to begin with, or C: these are stroking each other and screwing with us.

Has there even been ONE picture of the actual product as delivered or installed on the test car yet?
D: its a surprise!
Old 04-13-2009, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by SS/SCking
D: its a surprise!
Unless the surprise is that people are getting pissed its taking so long and I am being sent a set to install and test I dont care.

I mean seriously......NOT ONE F*CKING INSTALLED PIC!!!! In a week it will be two months since we saw a pic of a box.... and a lowered car. No info, just "we're making it better" Whats being made better? Why all the secrecy? People want these and it seems like you guys are intentionally stroking the community.

I suggested a comparison between these and other systems, there was no response.
People keep asking for photos, they get blown off.
Details are wanted and are in short supply....WHY?
Old 04-14-2009, 12:01 AM

Unless the surprise is that people are getting pissed its taking so long and I am being sent a set to install and test I dont care.

I mean seriously......NOT ONE F*CKING INSTALLED PIC!!!! In a week it will be two months since we saw a pic of a box.... and a lowered car. No info, just "we're making it better" Whats being made better? Why all the secrecy? People want these and it seems like you guys are intentionally stroking the community.

I suggested a comparison between these and other systems, there was no response.
maven...can you offer any insight into the difficulty of installing/setting these up?
Old 04-14-2009, 12:07 AM

QFT

stupid minimum character rule
Old 04-14-2009, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by mike25
maven...can you offer any insight into the difficulty of installing/setting these up?
I can only guess that they install the same as any other coilover system that looks like they do. Setting them up "properly" is best done with an alignment rack and corner scales, but very few people do this. Usually an alignment is stretching it If you can replace stock springs you should be able to install these, getting them dialed in is another story.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:28 AM

5 bolts... can't be hard. I WAS considering these, and granted, I understand running into problems with development, but please, let us know what problems you are running into. Not that any of us will hold that against you. Now, if you say you slapped duct tape on it as a fix, I will hold it against you.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:56 AM

At first I had to wait about a week and a half because I needed to do them on the weekend and It was absolutely freezing outside. Then We put them on and realized that there were some issue's with the first set of springs and the top plates. Then new parts had to be made up for them and be shipped in from Japan which once again took some time. I've been working on them after work now and been trying to talk to stance and get everything set and point out any small issues remaining with them. Just because Maven doesn't care about anything but the performance aspect I'm trying to make sure they will be pleasing for people who are looking to get these for a visual reason as well. I care about how the car looks and really like the look of low cars but I also want function with it to and to be able to confidently push my car through a corner. Plus its my daily driver so ride comfort is a factor as well. These coilovers seem to do all of these things very well and I'm very happy with them. By no means is this a final review of this product but I'm tired of reading the same thing over and over in this thread.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:56 AM

its 6 bolts for the fronts (2 are for the sway bar). Watch the brake lines (front and back will over stretch if you don't watch them). 2 bolts and a nut to release the brake line retainer in the back. I did a coil over install in 2 hours with my mid class mechanical knowledge. I would say anyone can do this with air tools in less than 4 hours. I would recommend 2 jacks. Make sure you place one under the control arm your working on. Also support the sway arm before you remove the bolt that connects it.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:05 AM

Oh yeah, forgot about the sway bar. I got my springs done in 45 minutes. And I would consider myself a novice mechanic. Not hard at all, I figured I would run into some sort of hell somewhere along the line and somehow didnt.

Also, REDSSNA, thank you for the details. Thats what I wanted to see. I get confused with who is working on your car, and who is saying what and blah blah blah. I also tend to forget that Stance is from Japan, and dealing with them may be a PITA.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:12 AM

Stance itself is in Japan but they do have a branch right by THMotorsports in IL. They're great to do with but all of the parts are actually produced in Japan so it's just getting new parts made up for a new set of coilovers that takes some time. As soon as these are being more mass produced, which should be very soon, I'm sure parts will be easier to come by should people need them. Also I've probably taken my car apart at least 4 times in this process just changing things and taking pictures and I'm not done with it yet.

On a side note the only people who have any real idea on the current day to day details are myself, slowswap, SS/SCking and obviously Adam from THM.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:13 AM

Did they send you a new spring with a revised rate? If so, what was the old one, and the new one?
Old 04-14-2009, 01:25 AM

The biggest concern was actually shortening the springs. The fronts were very high on the orgional set. If you saw the pic a page or 2 back you can see that that issue has been more than taken care of and the car is actually slightly higher than that now. I'll wash the car tomorrow and then take some new pics of it as nothing comes up. I'm not trying to delay the process by any means and I feel as though Stance has definitely made a great product here. I'll have to get you the exact spring rates I have now though and I'm sure all the final details will be up.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:00 AM

Could you please be more specific about the "things" that youve been doing?

What "things" were wrong or needed to be taken care of? Besides the front springs and the camber plates which have been a known issue for some time now.

What have you done to improve the "look" of the coilovers, so they will be pleasing to look at as you put it.....

How hard/easy is it to adjust the struts? the shocks? pictures of the adjustments with the parts installed....

Regardless of whether I care solely about performance or not(I dont) I really feel that there is something going on that is either over your guys heads and cant be solved for some reason, or there are bandaid fixes being applied. Weve known that the top plates were cut for caster and not camber for weeks.....why is this an issue? How has this affected getting the product dialed in? Stock struts have no adjustment up top and everybody does just fine with them. The front springs were too tall....they appear to be a common 2.25" or 2.5" coil, these are available all over the place, and surely Stance uses it for virtually every kit, why such a delay in aquiring new springs? Is this indicative of the kind of delays that customers will encounter when needing simple replacement parts? And again for the seventy-eleventh time: WHY HAS ANY OF THIS AFFECTED YOUR ABILITY TO POST PICTURES?
Old 04-14-2009, 09:38 AM

What have you done to improve the "look" of the coilovers, so they will be pleasing to look at as you put it.....

How hard/easy is it to adjust the struts? the shocks? pictures of the adjustments with the parts installed....

WHY HAS ANY OF THIS AFFECTED YOUR ABILITY TO POST PICTURES?
I won't do to much commenting, but will addresss some of your questions. Re-read his post. Not the look of the coilovers, but rather the look of the stance of the car. AKA ride height.

What do you mean by how hard is it to adjust? Adjust the dampening? Adjust the ride height? Adjust camber? Please be more clear with your questions for a more prompt answer.

Why post pictures of something that isn't right yet? Pictures will come within a very short period of time now. This particular system should be finished after they decide which if any changes they wish to make.

Don't be a dick Maven. We're working with Stance and THMotorsports as fast as possible to provide the single best suspension solution for the Cobalts. It's all about a perfect product being released, not some half assed product that ruins a companies reputation.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:29 PM

Adjusting damping.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:39 PM

Adjusting damping.
For damping in the front all you have to do is turn the tires then reach behind the wheel. Front is super easy. The back I believe you need to reach through the wheel to adjust, but I'm not 100% sure on that fact.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:32 PM

so you dont have to take the shock off and adjust the back?
^_^
Old 04-14-2009, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Omnigear
so you dont have to take the shock off and adjust the back?
^_^
Nope!!!!
Old 04-14-2009, 01:36 PM

still waiting for a pm back.
any1 got a price for them yet
Old 04-14-2009, 01:40 PM

All 4 corners shock adjustment can be done right on the car in a matter of about a minute. Slowswap already stated how this was done. Front's couldn't be easier. Backs as long as you're running some type of open spoke rims, like stock, are just a matter of reaching through and turning the dial. I'll make sure that I take some pitures of these.

Quick Reply: Stance Coilovers | Fully Adjustable | Fully Beautiful | Intro Sale