Supporting Vendor Deals & Group Purchases For Supporting Vendors ONLY!

Tjin Edition Trunk Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 12:28 PM
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Gunney_07
yeah actually just got mine today, the tips of the lip where it meets the quarter panel are buggered up a bit.
I am actually pretty upset at the condition of your trunk man. Sorry to see that it come to you like this. See if you can file a claim with UPS. We insure all of our products. It might be too late since the best way to do it is in front of the delivery man and signed damaged on the delivery bill. But it doesn't hurt to give them a call and see. This way they can partially compensate you for the damage so you can use that money towards the repair.

Originally Posted by HB_SS/TC
nice the 3rd brake light has to be cut out
Ya it seems like there were mix reviews on the 3rd brake light, for those that want to keep one they can cut out the opening, its very easy since the indentation is already there. For those who don't want their 3rd brake light, a little bit of bondo and sanding will delete it, easily.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i hope carbon creations trunks dont come with buggerd up corners.... that would completely ruin the fact its carbon creations, cant bondo and fix that..

now im a little bit worried...
Old 12-29-2011, 02:16 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by sternerG85SC
i hope carbon creations trunks dont come with buggerd up corners.... that would completely ruin the fact its carbon creations, cant bondo and fix that..

now im a little bit worried...
I can totally relate to your concerns.

PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU INSPECT THE PACKAGE WHILE THE DELIVERY MAN IS STILL PRESENT. IF THE TRUNK IS DAMAGED, MAKE SURE YOU WRITE DAMAGED ON THE DELIVERY BILL. THIS WILL PROTECT YOU AND US. THIS WILL ALSO ALLOW US TO SEND YOU A NEW TRUNK COMPLETELY FREE OF COST.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 214 Likes on 173 Posts
what was said by extreme dimensions.

You guys worry too much about the little things. When customizing a car you have to pay to play and realize there will be setbacks once in a while. Its no different then Modding the motor. You get an engine light, have to fix a part and get over it. Is it expected? No. Do what you need to and get past it
Old 12-29-2011, 03:16 PM

Received 222 Likes on 182 Posts
wonder if i post enough about a g5 trunk they will make one :p
Old 12-29-2011, 03:36 PM
AWD > FWD

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by royce777
wonder if i post enough about a g5 trunk they will make one :p
They said multiple times before if they can get 5 people to commit and pay they would do it, but nobody wanted to do it. So you can stop asking.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So when are the carbon trunks coming in?
Old 12-29-2011, 03:59 PM
Former Vendor

It's been pushed back to late January. The container just left a week back. typically takes 45 days for the transit process.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by 07MetallicSC
what was said by extreme dimensions.

You guys worry too much about the little things. When customizing a car you have to pay to play and realize there will be setbacks once in a while. Its no different then Modding the motor. You get an engine light, have to fix a part and get over it. Is it expected? No. Do what you need to and get past it
im not worried about installing it, im worried about geting the trunk damaged after spending $600. doesnt ED receive the trunks 1st then they mail them out to us? i would pay extra for extra bubble pack/bubble wrap in my package and around the tjin spoiler edge. i just dont want to go through the hassle of receiveing a damaged trunk (maybe, might not even happen) then dealing with mailing service, mailing out a damaged trunk, receiving another trunk that can also possible be damaged in shipping too. when we've bin waiting long enough, instead load the box up with lots of bubble wrap for extra security. i would rather be safe then sorry... yes i know the bubblewrap isnt cheap (i work at B braun medical and a roll of bubble costs ALOT) but i wouldnt mind paying acouple extra bucks to ensure my trunk is delivered safely. or possibly a tad larger box with more bubble. Duraflex can easily be fixed and its being painted anyways but it would completely ruin a carbon creations trunk and cause you lots and lots of emails, phone calls, and head aches
Old 12-29-2011, 04:27 PM
Vtec Rep
Platinum Member

wordd
Old 12-29-2011, 07:26 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by sternerG85SC
im not worried about installing it, im worried about geting the trunk damaged after spending $600. doesnt ED receive the trunks 1st then they mail them out to us? i would pay extra for extra bubble pack/bubble wrap in my package and around the tjin spoiler edge. i just dont want to go through the hassle of receiveing a damaged trunk (maybe, might not even happen) then dealing with mailing service, mailing out a damaged trunk, receiving another trunk that can also possible be damaged in shipping too. when we've bin waiting long enough, instead load the box up with lots of bubble wrap for extra security. i would rather be safe then sorry... yes i know the bubblewrap isnt cheap (i work at B braun medical and a roll of bubble costs ALOT) but i wouldnt mind paying acouple extra bucks to ensure my trunk is delivered safely. or possibly a tad larger box with more bubble. Duraflex can easily be fixed and its being painted anyways but it would completely ruin a carbon creations trunk and cause you lots and lots of emails, phone calls, and head aches
Once again I don't disagree with you one bit. The carbon ones are more more protected just so you know.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i work around car parts all day and we ship out stuff all day ups fedex usps dhl truck freight **** happens but its never the customers fault so dont worry guys
Old 12-29-2011, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Extreme Dimensions
Once again I don't disagree with you one bit. The carbon ones are more more protected just so you know.
glad to hear that, i wouldnt mind payin a bit more for a larger box and more bubble wrap/protection... but if you have it covered im sure it will be fine. im keeping my fingers crossed for a mint tjin edition trunk. we'll see by the end of january or begining of febuary.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
got an email last night saying eta is 1/30. than i jusssst got one today saying the eta is 1/19
Old 12-30-2011, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Extreme Dimensions
I can totally relate to your concerns.

PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU INSPECT THE PACKAGE WHILE THE DELIVERY MAN IS STILL PRESENT. IF THE TRUNK IS DAMAGED, MAKE SURE YOU WRITE DAMAGED ON THE DELIVERY BILL. THIS WILL PROTECT YOU AND US. THIS WILL ALSO ALLOW US TO SEND YOU A NEW TRUNK COMPLETELY FREE OF COST.
so i take it all trunks require a signature in order to be delivered? if not how am i suppose to inspect it while the driver is still at my house if im not home
Old 12-30-2011, 11:07 PM

So will we have the trunk on the 19th or will it be at extreme dimensions on the 19th?
Old 01-02-2012, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Cobalt08LS
got an email last night saying eta is 1/30. than i jusssst got one today saying the eta is 1/19

Same here
Old 01-03-2012, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by conerboner
So will we have the trunk on the 19th or will it be at extreme dimensions on the 19th?
??
Old 01-03-2012, 04:38 PM
Former Vendor

Thank me later for that one lol.. It was getting pushed back another 2 weeks. I told them that would not be acceptable so the 19th is still good.

so i take it all trunks require a signature in order to be delivered? if not how am i suppose to inspect it while the driver is still at my house if im not home
All the items we send out typically require a signature. They try to reach you first via your contact number and set up a date and time that work for both parties. You can always call ahead of time and let them know that you rather pick up the package from the UPS/FedEx facility so you can inspect it there in person, just an option.

Originally Posted by conerboner
It will arrive at Extreme Dimensions on the 19th, probably won't get sent out till a week later. I need to process everyone's remainder payments.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:52 PM

Beef up the padding on those corners when they arrive!!
Old 01-03-2012, 04:58 PM
Former Vendor

I'll use the padding with wings.. lol
Old 01-03-2012, 05:52 PM

for anything and everything ive ever bought i never got a call from ups or fedex asking what date is best to be delivered so id be home
how is that going to happen?
Old 01-03-2012, 06:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Always! lol
Old 01-03-2012, 06:14 PM
Former Vendor

for anything and everything ive ever bought i never got a call from ups or fedex asking what date is best to be delivered so id be home
how is that going to happen?
When the value of the package is more then $500, when we ask that they get a signature, they will call if they fail on getting a hold of your on their first attempt. UPS/FedEx always call our offices telling us they are unable to get a hold of X, Y, Z and are always looking for alternative ways to contact our customers. So, based off of that assumption, you will get your package and it is your responsibility to make sure everything gets inspected upon delivery.

IF, for some reason the package gets left outside your house and you never signed for it and it comes out damaged, you can always call the carrier immediately and let them know that your package came with concealed damaged (that's what she said ). Hope that helps.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:30 PM

Question:

I signed up to buy a trunk in the first group buy, but due to certain circumstances I was unable to get it. However, another member Soxfan offered to sell me his. He has paid the first half, and the second half is still owed. We had arranged that I would pay him back for the first half, and then pay the remaining. He is now telling me that you will not ship it anywhere else(even tho since I'm buying it, it will not need to be shipped at all because I am 10 minutes from your location; he also is moving so there is no house for the trunk to be shipped to at all). Can you please explain this? It is a waste to ship something to the other side of the country, when I can just go pick it up, especially since you don't even have it in stock yet.

Quick Reply: Tjin Edition Trunk Group Buy