TNT Autosport TNT Autosport is a proud Supporting Vendor of CobaltSS.net

TNT Autosport - Coming Soon! *Services/Info Inside*

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 04:33 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TNT Autosport - Coming Soon! *Services/Info Inside*

Hello All, Some of you knew that I was opening a shop, so heres the details for you all.

TNT Autosports will be opening up sometime Mid/Early February, and will be fully functional and ready to go as of Early March.

It will be located off of Rte 30 in Rock Falls, IL. Our building is a massive 12,000 Sq Ft on a 5 acre lot. (Located 45min East of the Quad Cities)

We will have (to start with) 1 Drive on lift, a Mustange Dyno (175mph/1,200hp MAX), as well as a complete area of the shop for development for our wonderful cars.

To those of the Mid Central, we will plan on a Open House/Meet probably about a month after we open, and will offer $20 dyno runs! (Normaly $100). Food will be included (as well as alcahol for those over 21).

We will also be providing custom tunes to those who will pay for credits ($100 total) (normaly $350).

That will be my promise to you if you show up in person.

Date for the meet? Not exactly sure. We will let you all know about a month in advance so you can plan.

We will also be opening up a chain of websites specificaly for various cars, one of which will be the Cobalt.

Also in development will be the creation of Clear Taillights.
Our main goal with the development of new parts will be something completely new to the scene(within reason)

Some examples of "new to the scene" is a Intake that will produce more HP/TQ than the random CAI. Color Matched HALO Headlights, Clear Taillights, Turbo Kits for the 2.4L Auto/Manual (later).. I am still highly curious as to what Hahns kit is going to be like, so dont quote me on the Turbo.

Custom Body Pieces will come in the future (Hoods, Bumpers, Spoilers, Etc)

TNT Autosport will also be a proud full fledged supporting vendor on CobaltSS.net to bring members of the forum a further discount on parts, as well as tunes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little about myself:

My name is Tim Carter, I am 21 (nearly 22). Ive served in the United States Marine Corp for a total of 2 Years, and was given a Medical Discharge due to a knee injury in Tahji, Iraq. I have worked for various body shops around Southern California, and Salt Lake City Area, UT. I was a Car Salesman, I bought my 2.4L Cobalt Sedan as of March 30th of 2006 and simply fell in love with it.

During my bodyshop experiences, as well as working for a ex's dads performance shop, I have learned how to fabricate custom Bumpers, Side Skirts, Hoods, Fender Flares, and Spoilers.

I have never really had a car of my own to mod before my cobalt (a car worth doing). Shortly after I got my car, I got a Underbody Neon Kit, then that was followed by some Rims, then some Tint & a Shorty Antenna, recently I borrowed a friends Injen SRI for his 2.2L and stuck it on mine, as well as I pretty much replaced my muffler with a straight pipe, and kept the stock 2.4L exhaust tip.

I have been dreaming of the day to open a shop to do the things that I love to do, and now that I own a car that I can do it to for myself, its encouraged me, and my new fiance (who also owns a cobalt) to get this shop started.

I will be employing some of my good friends, one of which you guys know. (Tricky1). That man will be at all the meets promoting our name, as well as working hard in the shop doing the things he loves to do.

Some other employees, are just good friends to me, who know what they are doing. And me, well. I will offer my services when needed, but for the other times, I will be sitting in my office yelling at my employees saying over the PA: "GET TO WORK BITCHES!".

If you have any question, comments, inquries (sp), or concerns, send me a PM and I will reply to it ASAP.

Last edited by TCarter; 12-08-2006 at 05:18 AM.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:47 AM

That's good to hear, I may have to make a trip out that way..Looking forward to hearing more from you.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:05 AM

How far are you from chicago? I have some fam out there and i wanted to drive out and see them in the spring.... perfect time for a tune id say good luck man, hope all works out for you
Old 12-08-2006, 05:20 AM
Banned

Chicago is roughly, 100 and some odd miles (roughly 2 hrs). Chicago is more east.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:21 AM

Definatly looking forward to seeing what products ya'll come up with, especially them taillights. Hint...Carbon Fiber is our friend..lol..You make some carbon fiber tailights for our rides and you can count me in for sure..
Old 12-08-2006, 05:44 AM
Banned

i planned on it, trust me.

Like I said (well, if i didnt say it before, here it is now), custom parts (tail lights, turbos, hoods, etc) wont even be though about for a few months after we get all set up. Ya, we might toy around with the idea, but, we'll see.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:49 AM

It's cool..New products, ideas, and vendors are ALWAYS welcome. Hell, depending on when that open house is an all, I may even go for a road trip..lol..Good luck with everything we'll be pullin for ya.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TCarter
Chicago is roughly, 100 and some odd miles (roughly 2 hrs). Chicago is more east.
Probably should mention that you guys are really easy to get to from Chicago; its not in the middle of nowhere but right by I-88 and US30 (at least that's where I picture it). There's an exit for US30.

Looking forward to the open house! Sounds like the plans are coming along good.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:08 AM

im planning on having all my engine work done some time this next year... any deals on that???
sponsorships
excetera???

plus i live like i dont know a LOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGGGG ways away
Old 12-08-2006, 09:15 AM

Good Luck!!!!!

Wish I Could Come Out There To See It All Done!
Old 12-08-2006, 07:16 PM
Banned

Sponsorships will be a option within reason.

and no, we are not in the middle of nowhere, lol.

We are about 1 - 2 miles outside of Rock Falls, IL (by Sterling, IL).

We are pretty much where Rte 40 & I-88 Meet.

Once youd get off the freeway, youd follow it to Rte 30, then go up about a mile or 2, and wham. there we are.

I will keep you all informed of the Open House.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:58 PM

sweet, If your opwn house is in late feb early may, I'll be in for some tuning and toys...

And your not far from me...I drove through that area last weekend.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:12 PM
Banned

so what is it that your shop will do? custom tuning and performance installs? but you're also engineering new aftermarket parts as well?
Old 12-09-2006, 12:17 AM

To put it simply if your coming from the west you take the first exit for rotue 30(Sterling-Rock Falls) and drive about 1-2 mi down the road. If your coming from the east take the 3rd Exit for Rte 30(Sterling-Rock Falls) Exit 41 I believe. More specifics will be given at a later date.

I look forward to helping out. Tim sorry if I jumped the gun earlier on giving out some details...I'm just excited by this.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:16 AM
Banned

Yes, we will be doing custom tunes, performance installs, and product development.

3 of 6 Employees (myself included) drive Cobalts.

My Fiance (2.2 Auto Stock), Tricky1 (2.2 Manual Lightly Modded), and Myself.

We will offer all of the latest cobalt products offered (HALO Headlights, Hoods, Bodykits).

We will try and keep at least 1 or 2 of each product in stock, the rest will have to be ordered through wholesalers.

Our passion for cobalts is huge, our developmental skill however will not hinder our creative products only to the Cobalt, but to many of todays Popular Sport Compacts (SRT4, Cobalt, Neon, Cavalier, Honda Civics(dont hate us for this one), and many others).

However, due to the many changes of weather, and interests of people around our area, we will not limit ourselves to Cars & Trucks, but further expand to Motorcycles & Snowmobiles, as well as other off road vehicles (Dirt Bikes, ATVs).

We will also be providing many vinyl designs, as well as custom designs.

For a project however, I plan on building up a ECOtec Racing engine and sticking it in my 2.4L and see what numbers I can pull out of it.

Not only will TNT Autosport be a big part of the Cobalt, but we will also TRY and make an appearance at the Cobalt meets around the Chicago Area.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:30 AM

I am wondering if u guys will sponsor people cause we live in stl and we go to all the big car shows ex. nopi, hin chicago and indy,the dub show,mazda extreme and we also go to all kinds of local shows but as of now were are looking for sponsors. just let me know thanks.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:46 AM
Banned

Poppa, I will be sending you a PM shortly.
Old 12-09-2006, 04:32 AM

So, do you want to tune my engine now? LOL
Old 12-09-2006, 05:18 PM
Banned

No sense in doing the tune now, im extremely busy trying to get the shop open and whatnot, its a constant full time job trying to get all the details squared away. Between working full time, and doing everything required to get everything shipped, delivered on time.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:08 AM

for a better idea of how far off of 88 it is. The shop is somewhere within the area of this map without actually giving away the location. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...,0.085831&om=1
Old 01-01-2007, 09:22 AM

Definatly, Yahoo maps puts you about an hour away from me sooooo...the way I drive only about a half hour coming from Plano, IL.

BTW, congrats on opening the shop.I wish you the best of luck. Let me know when the open house will be. Semper Fi !!!
Old 01-01-2007, 12:43 PM
Banned

lol. good to know we will have your business and support.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:18 PM
Banned

hmm, looking to sponsor a cobalt? Tell me when you guys open and have the open house and i'll make it there fo sho
Old 01-03-2007, 08:31 PM
Banned

Will do, we are looking at roughly very early march'ish for the open house.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:31 AM
Banned

well sponsor me then, marchish is perfect for my car show schedule too

Quick Reply: TNT Autosport - Coming Soon! *Services/Info Inside*