TNT Autosport TNT Autosport is a proud Supporting Vendor of CobaltSS.net

TNT Autosport - Meet Ideas *Need Input*

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 08:51 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TNT Autosport - Meet Ideas *Need Input*

Hello to you all, just a little bit of an update. TNT Autosport is in the final negotiations with paperwork, and signing...its literaly a full time job to get everything all squared away.

We will be opening Mid February, but our "Grand Opening" is March 1st, 2007.

The PLAN for our Open house is this. On a date (yet to be determined), our shop will open at 10am (2 hours earlier than normal). Everybody is welcome to come anytime, or plan on being there by 10, but id like everybody there by around/before 1pm.

at around that time, we will either decide to

A. drive to the local "Ryans" restraunt, which is a buffet (which will be paid for), or
B. Stay at the shop, listen to music, eat pizza/hamburgers/hot dogs, drink some beer, have fun, play on the dyno, etc.

then at about 4pm we will either part ways, or drive about another 30 - 45min west to Cordova Drag Strip, ALL admissions will be paid by TNT Autosport If you RSVP on the Forums with approx. how many people your coming with.

We will then procede inside, go through tech (which takes a whopping 1min per car), go to a designated area, unload some chairs, tables, coolers, etc. and then line up cars as to whos going to race who. obviously a 2.2L doesnt want to race a highly modified 2.0L SS/SC.

we will do as many runs as we can, or until people want to leave. there are hotels in the area for approx. $80 a night, however, within reason, we will cover 1/2 of that cost.

So my questions to you are: Would you rather drive to a buffet, eat there? (decent food, no alcahol, family restraunt type deal). or stay at the shop, eat, drink, have fun?

and finaly, who would all be interested in driving an additional 30 - 45min west to Cordova Drag Strip (where admission to watch/race will be paid for).

I understand alot of you are coming from Chicago Areas which is about 1 1/2 - 2hrs away. i do understand that you dont want to drive another 45min further away from your home. so this is where i need to know how many people are interested in going. it will not be worth it if only 1 person will go to the strip (not including me or my employees).

let me all know, thanks!
Old 01-04-2007, 01:34 AM
Banned

Alright, i say stay at the shop, especially if its a good size. I Rather grill out then goto some gay ol buffet.

I would also probly drive to cordova for the hell of it, just make this a saturday and it would be THE ****. I'd probly be around everyone for an entire day (hard to get out of me)

And is this shop big enough to fit a lot of cars inside?
Old 01-04-2007, 07:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like the Cordova idea too.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:58 PM
Banned

The shop is 12,000 Sq Ft.

you can probably fit 10+ cars inside with enough room to get in and out.

However our parking area outside is big enough (5 acres).

Obviously, we will have pleanty of room. I dont want to have too many cars in the shop itself, simply because we will need room to do our actual day to day work, as well as get your cars on the dyno!

we will have a contest of some sorts for free dyno runs & product testing.

i will constantly post up to keep you guys updated.

Like i said, I as a business owner dont mind giving back to the community (Hell, free food, free admission to the drag strip, and 1/2 off at the local hotel)...

We will more than likely have headers and intake designs ready to install, and we would want some people to "test" it.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:06 PM
Banned

Can we volunteer for product testing? I'll offer my balt
Old 01-04-2007, 02:12 PM

are you doing tuning with the dyno runs?
Old 01-04-2007, 06:41 PM

Please keep this updated. I am highly interested as date and time approch. I have a stock SS/SC i would love to put on dyno, just to see what it does. I would also like to know what your willing to charge for that. I will be comming from st louis, so I'll also make a day of this. Don't know of I will goto the dragstrip, but theres a good possibility of it.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:41 PM
Banned

All Tuning will be dyno tested.

And ghewly, we can arrange something, I understand that St. Louis is a bit of a drive, see PM.

For the Meet, prices are:

Single Dyno Run $25
Dual Dyno Run $35
Basic Tune $150
Advanced Tune w/Dyno Time $225
Tint Coupe $90
Tint Sedan $120
Exhaust $20
Restocking Fee 2%
Labor $25/hr
Custom Work Labor $60/hr
Full Detail $50
Basic Detail $30

So, its $25 a run. We might give the first few people free runs, not exactly sure yet. Id like to produce some headers for the SS/SC but simply dont have any to work from. A Basic tune is a "canned" tune, meaning, its better than stock with your mods, but not guarenteed for optimal hp/tq gain. the Adv. Tune is where we will strap your car to the dyno, and start running it run after run until we possibly cant gain no more (takes about an hour for that sweet spot).
Old 01-04-2007, 11:13 PM
Banned

Just remember creating headers for the ss/sc means they'll fit all model cobalts because the ecotec uses the same exhaust ports no matter what engine size.

And exhaust 20 dolla? Explain...Am I missing something
Old 01-04-2007, 11:46 PM

I may strap my balt up to ur dyno. Let me know what you can do for me if you can do it for free then that would be sweet. I can guarantee a few faces light up with the hp level it will be at by next week. also I will/can help with products that need testing. I will be at the meet with 2-5 other cars willing to dyno and go to the track!

Originally Posted by TCarter
All Tuning will be dyno tested.

And ghewly, we can arrange something, I understand that St. Louis is a bit of a drive, see PM.

For the Meet, prices are:

Single Dyno Run $25
Dual Dyno Run $35
Basic Tune $150
Advanced Tune w/Dyno Time $225
Tint Coupe $90
Tint Sedan $120
Exhaust $20
Restocking Fee 2%
Labor $25/hr
Custom Work Labor $60/hr
Full Detail $50
Basic Detail $30

So, its $25 a run. We might give the first few people free runs, not exactly sure yet. Id like to produce some headers for the SS/SC but simply dont have any to work from. A Basic tune is a "canned" tune, meaning, its better than stock with your mods, but not guarenteed for optimal hp/tq gain. the Adv. Tune is where we will strap your car to the dyno, and start running it run after run until we possibly cant gain no more (takes about an hour for that sweet spot).
Old 01-05-2007, 01:09 AM

Just a note, there is no possibility of Cordova being open in Feb. they don't reopen until April. Hangoverfest is just a mid-season thing.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:12 AM
Banned

Tricky you always ruin it.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:20 AM

Cordova WILL open if its above 40 degrees and you rent the track. I dont remember how much that costs though. Also if you rent the track there is a minimal safety crew and NO track prep!

I will almost forsure be down with my Balt. I dont know if it will be boosted by then but I'll be more then willing to strap it to the dyno and make a couple nitrous pulls!!!

And Im always down for Cordova time! Not old enough to drink, but grilling out is always better then anything else.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:31 AM

Hrmmm, Okay I'll check into renting out the track if possible.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:45 AM
Banned

I'll be there, doubt i'll dyno my auto 2.2 but who knows, i might for the hell of it
Old 01-05-2007, 08:29 PM

I'd be in if its at the shop...wanna get a tint And as a bonus
Grillin and red stripe go hand in hand...yummmmmm haha
Old 01-06-2007, 12:17 AM
Banned

i didnt know it was possible to renting the track out. Im sure it will be a **** load. So, we can pretty much rule that one out, unless ive got like 4 - 5 project/sponsored cars i need to run.

but like i said, plan is to meet up at the shop, do some work for some people (depending on what needs to be done if we can goto cordova by a reasonable time). grill up some food, do some dyno runs, do some tuning, install some headers (maybe), play around, have fun. then roll upto Cordova as our "Cruise". More to come, I LOVE seeing support, and im always willing to answer questions, as well as taking in suggestions. please keep this thread going!
Old 01-06-2007, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by rallyyellow06
Can we volunteer for product testing? I'll offer my balt
x2
Old 01-06-2007, 12:10 PM

$20 dyno runs, free food, and admission paid for to the dragstrip. god you're making me consider driving my ass from WI down there.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NSChiCobalt
x2
I called it first. Shhh
Old 01-06-2007, 02:35 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BoltZ22
$20 dyno runs, free food, and admission paid for to the dragstrip. god you're making me consider driving my ass from WI down there.
So why don't you ? Depending on the date , I'll be there for sure !
Old 01-06-2007, 11:01 PM
Banned

Im trying to give back to the Cobalt Community. We will be a supporting vendor, and if I can persuade a regional area of so many that we arnt like other businesses who are purely in it for the money (we are in it for the money...but not completely). Im trying to bring the cobalt owners the things they desperately want...Performance.

We exist only because I know with enough Research & Development, we can produce high end cobalt parts at an affordable price to you. Obviously we will need money to stay open, buildings, materials, tools, etc. are not cheap. My employees are working for a decent pay rate, however they could be making ALOT more by working for other big named companies, or for dealerships. They are working for me, and my company because they believe (as well as I) can make a difference.

Im sure 100% of you would like a $800 header...for $300. Im going to simply make replica's of top named products for our cars, simply because it will be cheaper for those of you to purchase them. We have many ideas on how to increase hp/tq over multiple pieces that are already in production by Pacesetter, and Injen.

Our meet is simply to invite those of you willing to drive to our shop, have fun and see what we're about (as well as gawk over others cars). Obviously we are all car people, if we werent..we really wouldnt be on this site at all.

The Cordova event is simply because, itd be nice to possibly throw the companies stickers on some of your guy's cars (if you wanted them); take a decent cruise (about 30 or so min) to the drag strip(all interstate driving for the most part). arrive at the drag strip and race. I know some of the people are running stock balts, all the way up to NOS powered SS/SC's.

In short, We want to give back to those of you, in turn you can pass on the word to fellow friends, passer byers you meet.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:41 PM

Just sounds like some good old fun. If i do say so myself. I'll be there for sure
Old 01-08-2007, 06:12 PM
Banned

And remember Tim, the 2.2's are popular, and i'll let you throw on an exhaust, header, dp,

I just hope when you mimic the designs that are out right now you look to improve them a bit.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:10 PM
Banned

Rally, its been planned.

we have some unique ideas on how to improve the hp/tq gained over the current leading products.

Quick Reply: TNT Autosport - Meet Ideas *Need Input*