TWM Performance TWM Performance is a proud Supporting Vendor

The new TWM SS Supercharged Short Shifter Review and Pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TWM Performance
It is noticeably shorter than other brands. We made it as short as possible while retaining the reverse lock.

In addition, we found that 5th gear on other brands was vague (when you push all the way to the right and up it wouldn't go right in to 5th) so we designed ours to correct this. The TWM reverse lock also slides on delrin bushings for a very smooth feel. Also, the other short shifter's reverse lock "guide" is a steel spring pin that grinds on the reverse lock when you lift it, the TWM features a cylindrically ground shoulder bolt with o-rings for quiet and smooth operation.

Overall we feel that we designed a superior short shifter, without cutting corners.

Thank you for the positive feedback

Kevin
TWM

Sound like you guys actually did a lot of research and made your products to the right T
Old 09-23-2008, 10:54 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by blazinb
Just installed mine, and let me say this is badass and shifts like butter. Installation was easy as I was a first timer and the pics and detail were perfect. took a little longer for me cuz my ******* re-installed the shift boot above the reverse lock like a moron, so i had to redo (thanks for the extra zip tie by the way).
Other than that the only thing i noticed was the allen bolt for the reverse lock calls for a 5/32 to tighten and mine was 1/8. Not sure if this was a typo or my bolt was smaller but it was easy to recognize.

All in all a fine product and I highly recommend this to anyone considering, this is well worth it!!! TWM FTW!!
Thanks for the review, I'm glad the installation went fine and that you like the final result! I checked all the allen bolts on the remaining units we have at the shop and they are all 5/32. As long as the bolt has the same lenght and threads it's all good!

Originally Posted by blazinb
well TWM would prob be able to best tell you, but youre lookin at a bit more than a half pound extra weight with the upgrade. 258grams to be exact
The advantage of the weighted stainless shift knob is that it will carry more momentum once in motion, therefore making the shifting even smoother. You also have the choice of different finishes with the weighted shift knob!

Originally Posted by KillerBee
Sound like you guys actually did a lot of research and made your products to the right T
Thanks, we did make everything to come out with the best short shifter available on the market for the SS/SC, we would not feel comfortable releasing a product that is not the best you can get!

Frank
TWM Performance
Old 09-23-2008, 12:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
what do the extra shifter bushings do and are they worth it?
Old 09-23-2008, 01:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rocco11189
x2
Old 09-23-2008, 03:49 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by rocco11189
The aluminum base bushings replace the stock rubber bushings that are used to mount the shift assembly to the floor of the car. These rubber bushings flex a lot when shifting and they are part of the vague, unprecise feeling of the stock shifter. The solid aluminum base bushings will eliminate this unwanted play and they also improve the precision of the shifts.

Frank
TWM Performance
Old 09-23-2008, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by TWM Performance
The aluminum base bushings replace the stock rubber bushings that are used to mount the shift assembly to the floor of the car. These rubber bushings flex a lot when shifting and they are part of the vague, unprecise feeling of the stock shifter. The solid aluminum base bushings will eliminate this unwanted play and they also improve the precision of the shifts.

Frank
TWM Performance
I can attest to a more solid feel, while i didnt upgrade the knob, i did get the bushings and everything feels more "sturdy"
Old 09-23-2008, 04:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So we could make our own bushings fabricated off of the rubber ones and then I could upgrade to the better knob.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:22 PM

looks great. i love the style. i had theirs for my 2.2 and liked it alot but i just like my b&m a lil more, its easier for me to shift quicker.

congrats on a nice mod
Old 09-25-2008, 05:55 PM
Former Vendor

Hi Guys,

We just got confirmation that the TWM SS/SC short shifter does fit the SS/TC as well, check out the review here: https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...=128742&page=3

They're still on sale until the end of the month, check it out: TWM Cobalt SS/SC and SS/TC short shifter sale

Thanks,

Kevin
TWM

Last edited by TWM Performance; 09-25-2008 at 05:57 PM. Reason: typos
Old 09-30-2008, 03:09 PM
Former Vendor

Hi Guys,

Today is the last day for the special introductory pricing, don't miss out! Prices go back to retail tomorrow morning.

Check it out: TWM Cobalt SS/SC and SS/TC Short Shifter Sale

Thanks,

Kevin
TWM Performance