War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

04 stang GT vs ss/sc

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 11:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 stang GT vs ss/sc

He passed me while coming home from work tonight. So i caught up while dodging traffic doing 35 mph, Came up to an opening we where side by side for 2nd gear then 3rd i pulled a car on him. Came up to a traffic jam so i rolled down the window and he already had his down, Said all he had was exhaust and intake but was an auto. He said he didn't think that the cobalts where that fast i told him myn was stock with just under 8000 mile. We both somehow got caught at the light and It was the Cobalt taking the win from a dig vs the mustang.

Starting to beleave in my little 4-banger.

Last edited by Red07SS; 02-20-2007 at 09:24 AM.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:27 PM
Banned

good kill them mustang arnt all that great try the new one once though it will get you till u get some mods
Old 02-20-2007, 06:32 AM

hahaha. wow. i'm starting to think all of the worst stang drivers are somehow magnetically drawn to cobalt drivers.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:43 AM
Banned

nanaki, you allready know a perfectly driven SS/SC will beat a GT so why comment?
Old 02-20-2007, 08:54 AM

and you already know that a perfectly driven 04GT will beat a perfectly SS SC. so why make that comment? go away, lemming. don't you have some cobalts to bash with the mighty hammer of the goat...errr.. gto?
Old 02-20-2007, 09:06 AM

even if the new style mustangs are a bit better than the 01-04's, that 04 driver was a friggen douche to lose to a stock cobalt ss/sc from a dig.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by nanaki
hahaha. wow. i'm starting to think all of the worst stang drivers are somehow magnetically drawn to cobalt drivers.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:21 AM

I killed 12 Mustang GT's with my Stock Cobalt SS/SC so Far.

Years Ranging from 99 to 05 so I guess their are alot of Bad Mustang Drivers Out thier Huh.

Or maybe they are just slow.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:23 AM

I don't know how you could be bad at just mashing the go pedal.... his A/T does the rest.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:28 AM

i suppose if you're just referring to speeding... errr.. roll racing, then yeah, it is just mashing the pedal. :P
Old 02-20-2007, 10:20 AM
Banned

Hasn't it already been proven enough here?

If both got a 2.0 60ft the SS/SC would be ahead at the end of the 1/4. The 2.20 and higher 60ft's some SS/SC's are seeing is why a GT would even have a chance.

And the only reason you don't want to discuss roll races is because the GT gets murdered from a roll.

My 2003 GT was easy as hell to launch and I could easily beat a FWD of the line but the Mustangs performance after that was terrible.

As for crushing SS/SC's with my GTO nanaki at least they put up a decent fight from a roll.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:31 AM

roll racing is nothing more than mashing the gas pedal. show me a drag strip where they start the races from a roll. that's the whole point of going from a stop. to see which car is faster from stop to finish.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:37 AM

roll racing is nothing more than mashing the gas pedal. show me a drag strip where they start the races from a roll. that's the whole point of going from a stop. to see which car is faster from stop to finish.
uh didnt he say he raced from a dig in the second race???

i dont doubt the legitmacy of your races but an auto gt should have launched damn well at that light if the driver knew what he was doing. either he needs some practice or your damn good, either way great job and keep it safe
Old 02-20-2007, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Red07SS
He passed me while coming home from work tonight. So i caught up while dodging traffic doing 35 mph, Came up to an opening we where side by side for 2nd gear then 3rd i pulled a car on him. Came up to a traffic jam so i rolled down the window and he already had his down, Said all he had was exhaust and intake but was an auto. He said he didn't think that the cobalts where that fast i told him myn was stock with just under 8000 mile. We both somehow got caught at the light and It was the Cobalt taking the win from a dig vs the mustang.

Starting to beleave in my little 4-banger.

you diddnt give much info about ur dig win.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by hatrickstu
uh didnt he say he raced from a dig in the second race???

i dont doubt the legitmacy of your races but an auto gt should have launched damn well at that light if the driver knew what he was doing. either he needs some practice or your damn good, either way great job and keep it safe
read above my post. i was responding to cody
Old 02-20-2007, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by pvirga88
I killed 12 Mustang GT's with my Stock Cobalt SS/SC so Far.

Years Ranging from 99 to 05 so I guess their are alot of Bad Mustang Drivers Out thier Huh.

Or maybe they are just slow.
How the hell did u encounter 12 mustant GTs, I have only encountered 1 race with a cobalt ss/sc and it was 3 am
Old 02-20-2007, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by fiad06
you diddnt give much info about ur dig win.
ahh ok. We both where stopped at the red light, the light turned green we both took off, he jumped out to a 1/2 car ahead 2nd gear I caught up to him, I pulled away from him in 3rd at least two cars on top of the 1/2 car. I went to shift into 4th and i seen his blinker come on and headlights aiming at the ground. so i shifted to 5th and let her coast untill i came back to the speed limit.

it was also a brisk 46 degrees outside. or somewhere in the upper 40's

Last edited by Red07SS; 02-20-2007 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-20-2007, 01:02 PM
Banned

nanaki why is it only people who have cars that suck from a roll that hate roll racing?

My GTO is a bad SOB from a dig and I will still gladly go from a roll.

It doesn't really matter though in the 1/4 the GT's only hope is a better launch. If that fails it's a guaranteed win for the SS/SC as long as he doesn't miss a few gears.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Red07SS
ahh ok. We both where stopped at the red light, the light turned green we both took off, he jumped out to a 1/2 car ahead 2nd gear I caught up to him, I pulled away from him in 3rd at least two cars on top of the 1/2 car. I went to shift into 4th and i seen his blinker come on and headlights aiming at the ground. so i shifted to 5th and let her coast untill i came back to the speed limit.

it was also a brisk 46 degrees outside. or somewhere in the upper 40's
Good kill then!

Originally Posted by codyss
nanaki why is it only people who have cars that suck from a roll that hate roll racing?

It doesn't really matter though in the 1/4 the GT's only hope is a better launch. If that fails it's a guaranteed win for the SS/SC as long as he doesn't miss a few gears.
Why are you such an ass...everyone knows gto's are fast cars ok, too bad they dont sell as fast as they move....Also i dont think nanaki would have a hard time beating you from a roll or dig!

Last edited by fiad06; 02-20-2007 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-20-2007, 01:38 PM
Banned

gtos are some bad cars. to bad they way so much. the new mustang puts shame on the old ones. my buddy has one with intake and chip. and its automatic. and that sob hooks up from a dig so he can really get people there but from a roll i still beat him by the smallest bit. i am upgraded though.not stock. as for the older gts being beat by ss in the quater. dam right. thats must be idiot talking out his ass to say otherwise. unless the cobalt driver cant drive
Old 02-20-2007, 02:03 PM
Banned

fiad what the hell do you know with your whole 18 posts, this post isn't about his car is it now?

I only brought up my GTO because he made it seem as if only cars that suck from a dig will roll race.

And the GTO isn't that bad, a new Mustang GT weighs 3500lbs and the Shelby GT500 weighs just under 4000lbs. My 2000/2002 Camaro SS's weighed right around 3400lbs.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by codyss

my car doesn't suck from a roll, but i still generally don't bother racing from a roll. i'll wait for a stoplight or not go at all. unless i'm feeling frisky.

roll racing isn't a true measure of your car's performance. again i say. show me a drag strip that makes cars start from a roll, and i'll shutup. actually, i'll shutup now. no sense in being a troll any longer.

and don't put words in my mouth. i didn't say only cars that can't launch are good in roll races. k thx bai!
Old 02-20-2007, 02:17 PM
Banned

Well a stock Mustang GT does and thats why it was brought up.

And of course there isn't a from a roll drag strip so quit being a douche bag.

And lets not pretend that roll racing isn't racing it is.

However cars that have no from a dig abilities are a joke, namely the 50 equipped turbo cars that don't even fully spool until 80mph.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As much as cody likes to stir the pot sometimes he has a point.

Cars who suck from a roll always fall back on the "roll racing sucks" deal

Cars who suck from a dig, always like to go from a roll.

its just common sense. you try to give your car the best advantage.

And the reason alot of people roll race nanaki, is a large portion of races are spontanious. and usually happen on open road, where its likely more unsafe to stop the vehicles than to just give them a bit of gas for a quick roll race.

Thats not to say they are just as important as digs, dig racing will always be the legitimate "race" but dont discount roll racing just because you dont like it, and neither does your car
Old 02-20-2007, 03:02 PM

meh. like i said, my car likes roll racing and can take off from a roll just fine. i still don't like doing it though.

i'm just getting bitchy cause cody seems to always flaunt that roll racing is the true test of power or something. not exactly in those words. there's a reason there's no roll racing at a drag strip.

the guy beat the stang from a dig and i was just saying the stang driver sucked. kudos to the balt for winning. i'm not bringing the car down at all. i just don't hear about stock vs stock balt vs new edge GT and the new edge losing from a dig. then again, i'm generally on mustang forums, so i'm a little biased towards the posts/stories i hear of stangs beating cobalts.

Quick Reply: 04 stang GT vs ss/sc