War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

05, 06, 08 cobalt ss vs stage 2 srt-4

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 11:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05, 06, 08 cobalt ss vs stage 2 srt-4

here is a vid of 3 balts (from tucson az SSfamilywagon and The Red Ferret and me)vs a srt-4 stage 2 plus 2 step http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADaVrKGNoT0
Old 05-10-2009, 01:07 AM

u had 4 races, who was raced and what results? its pitch black outside
Old 05-10-2009, 01:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by _UnLiMiTeD_
u had 4 races, who was raced and what results? its pitch black outside
If I worked it out correctly...

The first three were the S/C's. The S/C's won but I think the SRT-4 won one because it jumped early perhaps?

The last race was definitely the SS/TC and it won too.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:01 AM

first two where the same balt. thrid was the other sc and last was the tc. both sc lost but not by much like a car.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:40 AM

If the driver knows how to drive, a stage 2 SRT-4 with 2 step should be a very low 13 to high 12 second car. Nice runs!! At work now, but will watch the video later.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:05 PM
Banned

just a stage 2, probably not unless with slicks^

Originally Posted by Zander916
If I worked it out correctly...

The first three were the S/C's. The S/C's won but I think the SRT-4 won one because it jumped early perhaps?

The last race was definitely the SS/TC and it won too.
lulz at excuses and the SRT-4 beat the SS/SC's and lost to the SS/TC. good races though.

Last edited by SRTrent; 05-10-2009 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-10-2009, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by SRTrent
just a stage 2, probably not unless with slicks^

lulz at excuses and the SRT-4 beat the SS/SC's and lost to the SS/TC. good races though.
Pay attention dude... they said so in the vid. They said he got the jump which COULD mean he launched better or it COULD mean he jumped early. That's also why I said "perhaps" in my other post. They didn't specify what they meant by it in the vid...

Good races! It was hard to see so yes I see the S/C Balts lost. Nice races though... all of them.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:51 AM

LOL. Yeah they were some fun races. I was the 1st two races. I missed second on the 1st run. The 2nd one I messed up my launch SO BAD, but i stuck right next to him the whole way and he didn't pull at all. The SRT-4 driver can drive very well. This was all some friends having some fun.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:29 AM

good race rich
Old 05-11-2009, 06:44 PM

Thanks bro. It was cool. I wanted to see how well i'd do against a stage 2 skittle. I was happy in the end. It's cool cause he's a bud so we can try again cause I wanna do another dig race and a roll race. I'm sure our cars will be even on the roll race.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:49 PM

you do know stage 2 srt-4 are not fast at all, imo its a waste of money kinda like gm stage 2 custom setups are always better, good kill whoever won can't really tell haha
Old 05-11-2009, 07:00 PM

usually when people say stage 2 srt-4. it means mopar stage 2.

which is pretty quick
Old 05-11-2009, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by SSfamilywagon
Thanks bro. It was cool. I wanted to see how well i'd do against a stage 2 skittle. I was happy in the end. It's cool cause he's a bud so we can try again cause I wanna do another dig race and a roll race. I'm sure our cars will be even on the roll race.

So a 12.3 @ 112.24 1/4 mile, 7.9 @ 89.9 mph 1/8th mile Stage 2 Skittle isn't fast? (see sig)

LOL, I know what you mean though, a straight up S2 skittle only with no other mods other than the MOPAR stage 2, right? Yeah, some guys can get them to run good times. Low 13's, maybe high 12's with some sticky tires and 20 psi on the turbo and a awesome driver. I know Little MT on here got her almost stock SRT-4 (intake and sticky tires) to go 13.4. She has pics or vid to prove it.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by scottw03
So a 12.3 @ 112.24 1/4 mile, 7.9 @ 89.9 mph 1/8th mile Stage 2 Skittle isn't fast? (see sig)

LOL, I know what you mean though, a straight up S2 skittle only with no other mods other than the MOPAR stage 2, right? Yeah, some guys can get them to run good times. Low 13's, maybe high 12's with some sticky tires and 20 psi on the turbo and a awesome driver. I know Little MT on here got her almost stock SRT-4 (intake and sticky tires) to go 13.4. She has pics or vid to prove it.
with my setup on my car right now on street tires i can run a 13.2 at 109. i know if i put slicks on i will be in the 12's. i know stage 2 skittles are quick. i have raced a few. i havent lost to a stage 2 yet but i dont think i have met a very good stage 2 driver yet.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:54 PM

The skittle is not just stage 2. IIRC it's mopar stage 2, intake, dp, 2 step, and cat back. The car is fast none the less. Mike are those mods correct on the skittle?

But i like the fact we're all cool wit each other and can test each other out every now and then. I respect the HP of the SRT-4, just not a big fan of the looks and handling thats all.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:59 AM

No problem wagon, I hear ya on your opinion. I am the same way with the cobalt. Not trying to start a war or anything either. I like the cobalt, SC and TC, but the TC better. I like the 2 door but there are two things that would keep me from getting one: 1. I got a baby now and definitely need a 4 door car, so the SRT-4 fits that catagory perfect for me, 2. this is where I am not trying to start a war, but I think it looks a little ricey to me. Not a lot though, just on the verge of being ricey, but it still looks good don't get me wrong. Atleast it isn't the MUGEN Civic Si that is horribly riced out and yes, still zero engine performance increase. But for $30+ I am sure those honda owners are happy with it.

Being cool with each other is great. I loved it when I was overseas and we could run everything on the street and we were cool with each other. Evos, STi's, WRX, Skylines, you name it. Even ran a Ferrari while I was over there on the highway. The guys wife didn't look too happy.

But I respect the SC and the TC for the performance and power they give. Those are decent mods for the SRT-4. Becareful with him though, a few extra little mods and someway to tune the car will turn it into another beast. But obviously the same applies to you though.

Good races.

Originally Posted by turbo_chevy_cobalt
with my setup on my car right now on street tires i can run a 13.2 at 109. i know if i put slicks on i will be in the 12's. i know stage 2 skittles are quick. i have raced a few. i havent lost to a stage 2 yet but i dont think i have met a very good stage 2 driver yet.
Definitely invest in some slicks. They were one of the best mods I did for my car. Traction was my major issue. I concentrated on making the car more powerful but never did any traction mods and my driving apparently sucked so I was stuck in the 13's for awhile. As soon as I started doing slicks and coilovers my times at the track dropped significantly, down to the time in my sig.

They will be worth every penny.

Last edited by scottw03; 05-12-2009 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-12-2009, 09:44 AM

The skittle is not just stage 2. IIRC it's mopar stage 2, intake, dp, 2 step, and cat back. The car is fast none the less. Mike are those mods correct on the skittle?

But i like the fact we're all cool wit each other and can test each other out every now and then. I respect the HP of the SRT-4, just not a big fan of the looks and handling thats all.
yeah he has that i believe. i think he just needs more time racing to make the best out of his car.

Originally Posted by scottw03
No problem wagon, I hear ya on your opinion. I am the same way with the cobalt. Not trying to start a war or anything either. I like the cobalt, SC and TC, but the TC better. I like the 2 door but there are two things that would keep me from getting one: 1. I got a baby now and definitely need a 4 door car, so the SRT-4 fits that catagory perfect for me, 2. this is where I am not trying to start a war, but I think it looks a little ricey to me. Not a lot though, just on the verge of being ricey, but it still looks good don't get me wrong. Atleast it isn't the MUGEN Civic Si that is horribly riced out and yes, still zero engine performance increase. But for $30+ I am sure those honda owners are happy with it.

Being cool with each other is great. I loved it when I was overseas and we could run everything on the street and we were cool with each other. Evos, STi's, WRX, Skylines, you name it. Even ran a Ferrari while I was over there on the highway. The guys wife didn't look too happy.

But I respect the SC and the TC for the performance and power they give. Those are decent mods for the SRT-4. Becareful with him though, a few extra little mods and someway to tune the car will turn it into another beast. But obviously the same applies to you though.

Good races.

Definitely invest in some slicks. They were one of the best mods I did for my car. Traction was my major issue. I concentrated on making the car more powerful but never did any traction mods and my driving apparently sucked so I was stuck in the 13's for awhile. As soon as I started doing slicks and coilovers my times at the track dropped significantly, down to the time in my sig.

They will be worth every penny.
yeah i would but with the brakes on my tc i can only go down to 17's. it sucks that i cant go smaller. i hoping to get stage 3 so i have been looking for some real good tires. rich are you going to the tnt this friday we need him to come with to see what he can do.

Last edited by turbo_chevy_cobalt; 05-12-2009 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-12-2009, 09:02 PM

Thanks scottw03. I respect your opinion too. heck if we all thought the same way we'd all be driving the same thing and that'd be SOOO boring. It's not that i hate the looks of the Neon SRT-4, I've seen some really clean ones, I just personally prefer the Cobalt. Which is why I wanna up the looks also on the car cause there is still some factory things I hate.

I like the SC even more cause it's kinda the underdog. I'll admit the SC is a limiting factor on the car but I like to be diff then every single turbo car out here. I wanna be able to pull great times with the SC. I get alot of people thinking I'm turbo'd cause of how fast my car is. Alot of people here just don't know.

The cool thing is I still have alot of bolt on's left. I'm still on factory intake and cat back.

Yeah Mike I'll see about making it out there. I'd love to get some more drive time in to better my launches. I'll hit Darian up too.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:19 AM

ok and maybe get some pics and videos of all of us.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:26 AM

Ive been wanting t race a stage 2 SRT-4
Old 05-13-2009, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by turbo_chevy_cobalt
ok and maybe get some pics and videos of all of us.
Yeah that would be cool. i don't really have any of the sc going down the track.

Originally Posted by berto
Ive been wanting t race a stage 2 SRT-4
As this vid shows, you should do well against one. The SS/TC was the winner in the end by about 1 1/2 cars

Last edited by SSfamilywagon; 05-13-2009 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-14-2009, 12:21 AM

Yeah that would be cool. i don't really have any of the sc going down the track.

As this vid shows, you should do well against one. The SS/TC was the winner in the end by about 1 1/2 cars
mike said he will video tape for us because he not racing.