War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

05 mustang v6 vs 05 cobalt ss/sc....guess who won

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OniMirage
so check it out last night this late model mustang is driving around like hot **** in and out of traffic and im just cruisin with the gf and she is giving me a massage on my neck cus it was killing me ... I pull up to the light right next to the stang and notice a HUGE GT logo on it and think holy **** thats a big emblem ... the light is red for a bit and there was noone in front of us so I thought I wonder if he will take off like a bat outa hell ... well my house is a quater mile away from this light with two entrances so I thought if he goes I can always use the 2nd entrance ... the light turns green but neither of us jump out to the intersection but I stay in first anyway just to see what he was gonna do ... so because I was in first still I kinda got ahead of him which was not my intention and I guess he heard my car getting louder and thought I was gonna run him and he got on the gas and passed me a bit so still being in first I also slam the gas and it had to have been perfect timing cus when I power shifted to 2nd hoooooly **** I took off ... at this time we are both wot and because of that uber shift to 2nd he was at my rear tires ... power shift to 3rd and he is still in the same spot not losing or gaining any ground ... at this time my gf had already yelled at me 3 times to slow down but I wanted to keep goin until (pinch) ... ouch ... she pinched my neck and I knew I had to slow down so since I passed the first entrance (already a quater mile) I let off the gas and the dude of course flys right by me and I slow down to enter the 2nd entrance ... would you consider this a win?
Yup, that's a win alright. Was it a real GT as well? Cause if so, then it's a pretty good kill at that
Old 11-28-2005, 02:55 PM

well the way he was driving the car in a year it really wouldn't matter cus it may not last that long but from the huge shiny GT logo it seemed that it was plus he kepted up and I aint even gonna bother posting any stang gt v6 kills so by comparison to experiences I would have to say yes ... plus on my side of town there is a HUGE contrast between new and old cars and lately there have been lots of new home owners buying mountain side property and that stuff dont come cheap so the chances of it being a gt are very high
Old 11-28-2005, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by OniMirage
well the way he was driving the car in a year it really wouldn't matter cus it may not last that long but from the huge shiny GT logo it seemed that it was plus he kepted up and I aint even gonna bother posting any stang gt v6 kills so by comparison to experiences I would have to say yes ... plus on my side of town there is a HUGE contrast between new and old cars and lately there have been lots of new home owners buying mountain side property and that stuff dont come cheap so the chances of it being a gt are very high
The easiest way to tell the difference is the pipes. Did it have dual pipes out the back with cut-outs in the rear valance for them?
Old 11-28-2005, 11:35 PM

yeah it had the dual setup and sounded mean as it flew by when he was in and outa traffic
Old 11-29-2005, 01:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BullDog71ss
The easiest way to tell the difference is the pipes. Did it have dual pipes out the back with cut-outs in the rear valance for them?

There are many V6'ers out there with GT rear bumpers and aftermarket exhaust/midpipes, which will give them a meaner/more aggressive tone. Not trying to start an arguement, but that is a possibility. But from a roll, the cobalt SS/SC's do give a GT a good run with the right drivers..

Hatrickstu is probably one of the best driver's on this site, honestly. Check out the times he posted up in his thread of his most recent trip to the track on a basically stock SS/SC
Old 11-29-2005, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by FR500
There are many V6'ers out there with GT rear bumpers and aftermarket exhaust/midpipes, which will give them a meaner/more aggressive tone. Not trying to start an arguement, but that is a possibility. But from a roll, the cobalt SS/SC's do give a GT a good run with the right drivers..

Hatrickstu is probably one of the best driver's on this site, honestly. Check out the times he posted up in his thread of his most recent trip to the track on a basically stock SS/SC

This is true, there are a few of them running around with dual setups. But usually they don't replace the rear bumper and just have the pipes hanging under the stock bumper, although I have seen 1 or 2 of them change out the bumper. But from what it sounds like I think Oni's Mustang was in fact a GT.

Also, Hatrickstu's good times can also be attributed to good track conditions as well as some good driving. These cars are very sensitive to slippery tracks which causes horrible wheel-hop. Which I am lucky enough to experience on every trip to Firebird. May as well be racing on ice.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:36 AM

This is true, there are a few of them running around with dual setups. But usually they don't replace the rear bumper and just have the pipes hanging under the stock bumper, although I have seen 1 or 2 of them change out the bumper. But from what it sounds like I think Oni's Mustang was in fact a GT.

Also, Hatrickstu's good times can also be attributed to good track conditions as well as some good driving. These cars are very sensitive to slippery tracks which causes horrible wheel-hop. Which I am lucky enough to experience on every trip to Firebird. May as well be racing on ice.
actually I think the tires will hoook up better on ice ... kinda like reverse psycholigy lol
Old 11-29-2005, 01:20 PM
Banned

I've got a friend with a V6 with dual exhaust and it does sound kinda deep/mean, ESPECIALLY for a V6 haha.. but, i'm not gonna doubt any of this stuff u guys have said

Well, that track prep was total crap that night.. unfortunately. However, he can drive like there's no tomorrow.. really impressive driving on his behalf.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:08 PM
Banned

Ford 3.8's and 4.0's sound very deep for a V6 at idle and low RPM's. The only GM that compares is the 4.3.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by FR500

It's still easy to tell if it's a V6...when the RPM's go to about 3k, you can hear the higher pitched whine of the V6 engine. Not throaty like a V8. Under 3k rpm, they often do sound like V8's. I know, I used to own a supercharged V6 mustang.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by theclaw
do you think I could beat an Evolution 8? I have the S/C!

no.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by cobalt mastAr
Easy win! I beat them all day!
I highly doubt this... Stock Evo Vs. Stock SS/SC....Evo wins...Period
Old 11-30-2005, 10:31 AM
Banned

From a roll it would be a drivers race.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:54 AM

speaking of V6 mustang...ever driven one? they seem kinda gutless...no get up and go like the cobalt.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by ralliartist
my first shirt is getting the blower that they just came out with for his '05 v6 stang. he says it'll have close to 330whp! i was like, holy cow! he already has racing stripes on it. lol. i told him it was cute. hahahahhahhahahha
you guys do realize that that manual runs high 14's and can rape your ralliart, and can hang with most of you ss s/c...i almost bought an ss s/c, but i get x-plan or whatever it is called from ford so i got a car that is almost as fast for 5 grand cheaper...stop making up bull about how your ralliart can take a 4.0, you are completely misinformed.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
you guys do realize that that manual runs high 14's and can rape your ralliart, and can hang with most of you ss s/c...i almost bought an ss s/c, but i get x-plan or whatever it is called from ford so i got a car that is almost as fast for 5 grand cheaper...stop making up bull about how your ralliart can take a 4.0, you are completely misinformed.

You're bragging about buying a six cylinder mustang?
Old 05-10-2006, 08:01 PM

im not bragging at all, im trying to show you that it is not a bad car at all and you should at least have a little respect for other car enthusiasts. All any of you did was put down our car and we give you guys respect on our forums. You are the people that make the whole ricer vs domestic battle stay alive. Just learn to respect other people.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:07 PM

im not bragging at all, im trying to show you that it is not a bad car at all and you should at least have a little respect for other car enthusiasts. All any of you did was put down our car and we give you guys respect on our forums. You are the people that make the whole ricer vs domestic battle stay alive. Just learn to respect other people.

i used to own a V6 mustang; but it was supercharged
Old 05-11-2006, 02:36 PM

Amazing how universally underrated the 4.0 is, on every car forum all i hear is slower cars dumping on it, TC's, Celica's, v6 Chargers, Cobalts besides the s/c SS .
Old 05-11-2006, 04:35 PM

blame it on those mid 90's v6 stangs
Old 05-11-2006, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by IonNinja
blame it on those mid 90's v6 stangs
Truth, those things were just crap, 145chp v6's, as pathetic as the Tiburon's 171 chp v6, actually Tibby is worse cause technology has come so far in the past 10 years. A stock 210chp v6 is pathetic as well, before someone else says it . Ford detuned the 4.0 so much that it is rather easy to draw 30-40 rwhp out of it though, so for a modder that's a plus.