War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

05 ss/sc vs. EVO

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 01:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 ss/sc vs. EVO

It wasn't an EVO VIII, it was the previous model, fast either way. We both turn onto the 50mph road and he waits for me to catch up. We're rolling about 30 for the first run, he honks three times and we're off. I'm in second gear and we're literally neck and neck.

I have read many of you posting about races against the EVO and how you can hang with them from a roll and I didn't quite believe it. Needless to say, my adrenaline is cooking now that I finally have a chance.

So we're neck in neck and I look down just in time to see that I'm about a quarter second from hitting the rev limiter, and I slam right into it. ugly. Obviously he's gone and I'm ******* pissed.

We hit the next light green, nobody ahead of us and we give the nod to go again. He honks three times and I hit it perfectly, about 40 mph this time and second gear again and god knows I'm not gonna let the rev limiter kill me this time. I pull about a car on him up to 80 and we have to stop for a red light. I was pretty damn surprised I got ahead of him, but as we all know, the true test for a non-LSD car was waiting at the next light.

We're waiting at the light and we're talking and he tells me, "damn that supercharger just screams when you punch it." (can't wait to hear it when I get stage 2) The light turns green and to nobody's surprise, his AWD smokes me by about 3 lengths to 80 or so mph.

We pulled over and he said his only mods were exhaust and "turbo back," which I don't even know what the hell that means.

Needless to say, I am a believer now that our car can hang with the big boys in the 4banger class. I just wish I could race him again, but this time with stage 2 and the ingalls installed.

It's a celebration, Bitches.
Old 10-15-2006, 01:31 AM

Nice runs...

BTW, unless he imported it from outside the US, it was either an Evo VIII or Evo IX
Old 10-15-2006, 01:32 AM
Banned

ingalls blows supposivly (sp) or at least there are a ton of used ones for sale so i dont know what that tells you
Old 10-15-2006, 01:33 AM

I don't know much about EVO's, it didn't say EVO VIII on the trunk, so it was the other one.
Old 10-15-2006, 01:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by vtecduster
We pulled over and he said his only mods were exhaust and "turbo back," which I don't even know what the hell that means.
Thats NOT two mods, its Turbo Back Exhaust, its 1 mod.
Old 10-15-2006, 01:41 AM

good runs man. im surprised you pulled on him, cause i hear that the turbo back does them some good.
Old 10-15-2006, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mines_Better
good runs man. im surprised you pulled on him, cause i hear that the turbo back does them some good.
Its a roughly 20whp gain.
Old 10-15-2006, 04:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ok, first off, good runs and congrats on the win from a roll and the death from a dig. secondly, which evo was it, 8 or 9? or was it right hand drive? then it could have been any evo. if it was an older evo, then this is very believable. but if it was a 9, he would have pulled a lot harder, if it was an 8, still believable.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ralliartist
ok, first off, good runs and congrats on the win from a roll and the death from a dig. secondly, which evo was it, 8 or 9? or was it right hand drive? then it could have been any evo. if it was an older evo, then this is very believable. but if it was a 9, he would have pulled a lot harder, if it was an 8, still believable.

I think it was an Evo VII
Old 10-16-2006, 02:47 PM

I don't know much about EVO's, it didn't say EVO VIII on the trunk, so it was the other one.
From the factory Evo 8/9s dont say EVO VIII/IX on the back, that is a trunk badge that some evo owners buy for their car. Stock it just says lancer evolution in the lower left corner of the trunk.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:07 PM

It wasn't an EVO VIII, it was the previous model, fast either way. We both turn onto the 50mph road and he waits for me to catch up. We're rolling about 30 for the first run, he honks three times and we're off. I'm in second gear and we're literally neck and neck.

I have read many of you posting about races against the EVO and how you can hang with them from a roll and I didn't quite believe it. Needless to say, my adrenaline is cooking now that I finally have a chance.

So we're neck in neck and I look down just in time to see that I'm about a quarter second from hitting the rev limiter, and I slam right into it. ugly. Obviously he's gone and I'm ******* pissed.

We hit the next light green, nobody ahead of us and we give the nod to go again. He honks three times and I hit it perfectly, about 40 mph this time and second gear again and god knows I'm not gonna let the rev limiter kill me this time. I pull about a car on him up to 80 and we have to stop for a red light. I was pretty damn surprised I got ahead of him, but as we all know, the true test for a non-LSD car was waiting at the next light.

We're waiting at the light and we're talking and he tells me, "damn that supercharger just screams when you punch it." (can't wait to hear it when I get stage 2) The light turns green and to nobody's surprise, his AWD smokes me by about 3 lengths to 80 or so mph.

We pulled over and he said his only mods were exhaust and turbo back, which I don't even know what the hell that means.

Needless to say, I am a believer now that our car can hang with the big boys in the 4banger class. I just wish I could race him again, but this time with stage 2 and the ingalls installed.

It's a celebration, Bitches.
As stated above, it is only one mod. Think of catback exhaust, it is aftermarket exhaust that starts from the cat and goes all the way back, hence the term catback. Now he has a turboback exhaust, which is all aftermarket starting from the turbo, all the way back. This means downpipe, catback exhaust, and the cat itself. I'd say you did well.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:18 PM

A new cp-worker of mine came rolling in with a 06 Evo Lancer. He smokes everyone, even v-8s. I know he has to have some great mods cuz he will pull from me in every gear, by the time I hit third hes already 10 car lengths ahead of me. I watched him race a few fast cars other co-workers have. He smoked a twin turbo Audi S4 or whatever. The kid who has the twin-t runs 13.5s consistantly. That evo has to be around 12.8-13.2 1/4th. Stage II and a few mods and I still will not be close. Damn evo!
Old 10-16-2006, 11:44 PM
cMw

cant wait till i get one

those things are soo sweet
Old 10-17-2006, 01:51 AM
Banned

had to be an 8, good runs
Old 10-17-2006, 01:57 AM

damn i wish evo's were legal in canada!!!