War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

05 v6 mustang vs ss/sc

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 07:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hondakiller
i raced a v6 mustang a while back from a light, we eased out then both punched it and i pulled on him a little by about half a car till we shut down. not sure if it was a 4.0 or 3.8

The styling is totally different. If it was the retro body it was a 4.0, if it was the sleeker, more modern body it was a 3.8.

With a 'Balt LT, either it was an auto 3.8, or you beat the driver.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:10 AM

congrats anything can happen on the street. We almost beat a v6 with the pony pkg in a 96 gmc 2wd from a dig (he totally blew 2nd and 3rd)
Old 12-05-2006, 10:24 AM

yeah u should be able to beat a older v6. there not too quick. it might be able to take u off the line but u should catch up to him fairley easy
Old 12-05-2006, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by hondakiller
i raced a v6 mustang a while back from a light, we eased out then both punched it and i pulled on him a little by about half a car till we shut down. not sure if it was a 4.0 or 3.8
it was most likely a 3.8. if you watch the other video from that same user called 2 cobalts vs 2 mustangs, you will see how we did against the 2.2's. the 3.8's ran between low 16's to mid-high 15's depending on year and drivetrain. 4.0's run low 15's to high 14's depending on transmission really.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:58 AM

it shouldnt matter if it was the 4.0 or 3.8 musang v6, ive killed both horribly.. the 4.0 mustangs should be compared to the 94-98 mustang gt's those gt's only had 225hp and a stock ss/sc will still kill 1.. had a run in 1 night with 1 that actually thought he was gonna pull me, sorry to say at least i was nice and waved bye to him as i sucked his doors like he was tied to a tree, lmfao.. I'm sorry but whoever loses to a v6 mustang i feel sorry for ya.. my step brother in a 03 tiburon with a 2.7 auto, beat a 4.0 06 mustang v6.. we beat him by at least 2 cars in it.. u guys can call bs but no way can u mess up in 2 automatics.. Don't believe me ill get my camera out and have my step brother and his friend who has the v6 race again and ill vid it, just i dunno how to put them on the computer so ill have to get help with that..
Old 12-05-2006, 11:20 AM

I like the whole "racing from a roll isn't fair"...or "racing from a roll isn't accurate"...

Racing from a roll is more accurate to a cars speed than quartermile or stop sign racing. You can beat a 1200 hp corvette in a cobra mustang from a stop...it's called once you get so much horse you are actually punished on the street...It is not "driver skill"...launching on the street...it is traction capability. SS/SC's simply don't have it.
Look at the lingenfelter vette..it had 1100 horsepower, twin turbo engine...and it was exactly 0.8 second faster in the quartermile time than it's stock counterpart...so you are trying to tell me the lingenfelter is only slightly faster because of his quartermile time? thats so lame...
so a v-6 mustang taking a SS/SC from a roll...yeah so? A festiva could probably take a SS/SC from a dead stop...big deal...doesn't mean it is "faster". Just means it makes traction easier.

Anything can happen on the street. ANYTHING.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by SilverSS06SC
it shouldnt matter if it was the 4.0 or 3.8 musang v6, ive killed both horribly.. the 4.0 mustangs should be compared to the 94-98 mustang gt's those gt's only had 225hp and a stock ss/sc will still kill 1.. had a run in 1 night with 1 that actually thought he was gonna pull me, sorry to say at least i was nice and waved bye to him as i sucked his doors like he was tied to a tree, lmfao.. I'm sorry but whoever loses to a v6 mustang i feel sorry for ya.. my step brother in a 03 tiburon with a 2.7 auto, beat a 4.0 06 mustang v6.. we beat him by at least 2 cars in it.. u guys can call bs but no way can u mess up in 2 automatics.. Don't believe me ill get my camera out and have my step brother and his friend who has the v6 race again and ill vid it, just i dunno how to put them on the computer so ill have to get help with that..

well then your step brothers friend is a horrible driver. the stock 4.0 is faster than even a full bolt on tiburon. Your cocky view of how fast your car is is pretty sad. Most member here run mid-high 14's stock. most members of the 4.0 mustang forums run very low 15's, or high 14's with a stick (to make it fair both have to be sticks.) that means we are definately faster than the 2.4ss and although we are slower than the ss/sc, we are close enough stock to win on the street if the ss doesn't get a great launch and we do. we have just as much of a chance as say an rsx-s which i have beaten by a good amount on a few occasions. with just minor bolt ons, there are 5 or 6 v6's on the mustangforums running mid 14's (14.5's, 14.4's, 14.6's, and i think two in 14.3's) and then there are our forced induction guys. there are 4 or 5 of them that are a good amount faster than any cobalt on this forum. i am not arguing that the 4.0 is faster than an ss/sc or even as fast because it isn't, but you have a false idea of how much faster it is. to 60 i will keep up with any stock ss/sc, but from there you will start to pull. now if you get a bad launch, and i get a good one....there is a win. it is just as close of a comparison between a m5 4.0 to ss/sc as ss/sc to auto 4.6, but whenever an ss/sc beats one here, everybody says, meh they aren't that fast... cocky, stupid mentallity, that will turn your forums into the rsx forums.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:36 AM

Most member here run mid-high 14's stock
Actually I think most members here get mid to low 14's stock...I think you would have to be a retard to hit high 14's in a SS/SC.

But you are correct...on the street...anything can happen. Thats what makes it fun.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:40 AM

dont think anyone was saying it cant happen, just personally never happened to me.. The video shows that it can happen, but also u can guarantee that from a roll that ss/sc would have beat him like he was a red headed step child... I love my mustangs dont get me wrong, owned plenty and drove a hell of a lot... but a v6 mustang cant really be considered a mustang, thats a pony.. i call em import muscles.. They have the name yea, but they have no comparison to the history of the mustang being a muscle car.. my dad has a v6 mustang and ill admit ive drove it plenty of times.. But what i wont admit is that even with a excellent start he wouldnt be able to take my car.. the acceleration in those things are as bad as a moped.. plus u get all these v6ers putting gt logos and dual exhaust on them, thats soo stupid... there is a video on myspace of a v6 mustang with nitrous gettin beat by a stock cobalt ss/sc. www.myspace.com/bigpoppa42069 if u dont believe me... but ive also saw first hand that retarded things can happen on the street.. my best friend has a 96 mustang gt, with gears, cai, msd ignition, underdrive pulleys, full exhaust, and some other bolt on's get beat by a acura integra turbo that had 200,000 miles on it pushin 8psi's..
Old 12-05-2006, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by FNFAST
I like the whole "racing from a roll isn't fair"...or "racing from a roll isn't accurate"...

Racing from a roll is more accurate to a cars speed than quartermile or stop sign racing. You can beat a 1200 hp corvette in a cobra mustang from a stop...it's called once you get so much horse you are actually punished on the street...It is not "driver skill"...launching on the street...it is traction capability. SS/SC's simply don't have it.
Look at the lingenfelter vette..it had 1100 horsepower, twin turbo engine...and it was exactly 0.8 second faster in the quartermile time than it's stock counterpart...so you are trying to tell me the lingenfelter is only slightly faster because of his quartermile time? thats so lame...
so a v-6 mustang taking a SS/SC from a roll...yeah so? A festiva could probably take a SS/SC from a dead stop...big deal...doesn't mean it is "faster". Just means it makes traction easier.

Anything can happen on the street. ANYTHING.
have you actually read ANY of this thread?
a. nobody said racing from a roll is innacturate or unfair.
b. .8 is a SHITLOAD when it comes to 1/4 times in the 11's.
c. traction IS part of a cars capability, along with top end power (for rolls) nobody argued that.
d. i said i don't like roll racing because i don't think it is as fun and it doesn't take as much driver skill and it isn't as exciting because there is less room for error. i race for fun...
e. i never said the 4.0 is faster because it is a fact that it isn't.
f. an 06 sti will rape a mustang gt from a dig, but not from a roll....does that mean it is quicker? yes....yes it does.

this was a friendly thread with a video involving members FROM HERE that i and my friend met with on saturday. we even stated that under good conditions with a good race the ss/sc would definately have won, but he had a very bad launch. i just realized the threads that turn bad because people come post a kill in a rude way go bad because of ******* members like a few of you, not because they posted a kill. i did not post this in a rude way AT ALL. i am an extremely active, respectful member here and i have barely ever had any problems with anyone. this is a cobalt forum, not an everybody "praise the cobalt because it is the undisputed champion of the world" website.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:43 AM

dont think anyone was saying it cant happen, just personally never happened to me.. The video shows that it can happen, but also u can guarantee that from a roll that ss/sc would have beat him like he was a red headed step child... I love my mustangs dont get me wrong, owned plenty and drove a hell of a lot... but a v6 mustang cant really be considered a mustang, thats a pony.. i call em import muscles.. They have the name yea, but they have no comparison to the history of the mustang being a muscle car.. my dad has a v6 mustang and ill admit ive drove it plenty of times.. But what i wont admit is that even with a excellent start he wouldnt be able to take my car.. the acceleration in those things are as bad as a moped.. plus u get all these v6ers putting gt logos and dual exhaust on them, thats soo stupid... there is a video on myspace of a v6 mustang with nitrous gettin beat by a stock cobalt ss/sc. www.myspace.com/bigpoppa42069 if u dont believe me... but ive also saw first hand that retarded things can happen on the street.. my best friend has a 96 mustang gt, with gears, cai, msd ignition, underdrive pulleys, full exhaust, and some other bolt on's get beat by a acura integra turbo that had 200,000 miles on it pushin 8psi's..
any v6 built before 05 is a totally different car than the new ones and the new ones are faster than most of the v8's built before the late 90's....oh and the first mustang was a v6. ONCE AGAIN, i did not start this thread to argue with cobalt owners that know nothing about mustangs.

its interesting you say the acceleration is like a moped...i didn't realize a moped was like 3 tenths of a second behind you guys in the quarter with the same kinda times to 60 id like to own that moped.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:46 AM

Actually I think most members here get mid to low 14's stock...I think you would have to be a retard to hit high 14's in a SS/SC.

But you are correct...on the street...anything can happen. Thats what makes it fun.

barely anyone here ever goes below 14.4 stock. there are some, i know that, but most go somewhere between 14.4-14.7 which i consider mid to high.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:48 AM

how can u honestly mess up in a automatic? u mash the gas and it goes.. yea the auto is going to be slower than a stick, but ill get ya a video of it if ud like.. someone will just have to show me how to put them online.. hell if ud like ill even drive the damned mustang.. idc what u say, u prolly can beat them, but as everyone in the world who has heard of a cobalt ss knows that they arent worth a **** off a line.. take those same 2 cars in that video and put em in a roll, the mustang is gonna get to see what some ppl call them sexy asses.. But granted some races come from a light yes and not many ppl turn down a race from a dig, roll, or whatever.. hell if we had no traction issues off the line, u would see a hell of a lot better times than mid 14's... I know my car isnt that fast and i dont have a view of my car is the best thing in the world to drive either... im a ford man drivin a chevy car.. I dont care how slow a mustang gt is, they are my favorite car period.. If i can find an 03 cobra at a descent price u better bet ur ass im gonna take it over the cobalt ss any day...
Old 12-05-2006, 11:56 AM

u own a v6 mustang and u act like u know what a mustang is... u got the poor mans gt.. i know my mustangs pretty ******* well, especially when ive owned 1 since i was 16, recently got rid of it due to moving, decided to try a chevy and i liked it at the time i got it, im not gonna go pay 20,000 dollars or ever how much the new v6 costs when i can spend a few more thousand and get the gt... U wanna know the truth i actually hate my car right now, but i still respect it cuz its a descently quick car with good gas mileage.. That is what i needed at the time.. But i guarantee i love mustangs more than u do, i felt horrible when i smoked that mustang gt that night.. Felt like complete **** cuz a v8 mustang gt beat by a s/c 4 banger...
Old 12-05-2006, 11:57 AM

hell if we had no traction issues off the line, u would see a hell of a lot better times than mid 14's
Thats my point. You have a mustang v-6 that goes 15.0 flat and does not really have traction issues at all except in first right off the line, compared to a car that runs 14.2-14.8 while losing traction all the way through second. I just laugh when people use Quartermile times for justification on which car is "faster".

There quartermile times are close..therefore they MUST be almost just as fast as one another!! Thats ignorance.

Any stock cobalt owners here that don't have traction issues at the top of second raise your hand!??? Anyone??? Thats what I thought?? My stage 2 about rips my ass off the road at 50 mph, meanwhile a v-6 mustang 3.8 or 4.0 has NO TRACTION ISSUES at 50 I can guarantee it. So while you have it hammered down...we are still "feathering the throttle"...so again...it beat a cobalt from a roll...big deal. It's not hard to believe.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:58 AM

how can u honestly mess up in a automatic? u mash the gas and it goes.. yea the auto is going to be slower than a stick, but ill get ya a video of it if ud like.. someone will just have to show me how to put them online.. hell if ud like ill even drive the damned mustang.. idc what u say, u prolly can beat them, but as everyone in the world who has heard of a cobalt ss knows that they arent worth a **** off a line.. take those same 2 cars in that video and put em in a roll, the mustang is gonna get to see what some ppl call them sexy asses.. But granted some races come from a light yes and not many ppl turn down a race from a dig, roll, or whatever.. hell if we had no traction issues off the line, u would see a hell of a lot better times than mid 14's... I know my car isnt that fast and i dont have a view of my car is the best thing in the world to drive either... im a ford man drivin a chevy car.. I dont care how slow a mustang gt is, they are my favorite car period.. If i can find an 03 cobra at a descent price u better bet ur ass im gonna take it over the cobalt ss any day...
i know the ss will rape the 6 from a roll. we all know that and nobody denied it! the dumb thing is that you are saying that because he won from a dig. that is the stupid **** that honda owners say when they lose. he got out launched, end of story! if you had no traction issues, you would probably be rwd or awd and you wouldn't run better 1/4 times, or you would cost a shitload more money. take your car for what it is. know that from a dig to 60-70ish you will most likely be exactly equal with a new v6 mustang if its a stick. get over it, we run to 60 in mid to low 6's with a stick, and that is damned equal with yours. v6 mustangs get a horrible name from previous models because the previous models were VERY slow. oh and you obviously have never launched an automatic car. you don't just "mash the gas and go." you do that if you want to run 16's in a 15 second car. i don't know why you guys are arguing this with the "from a roll we would win" excuse. WE ALREADY KNOW THAT. i have admitted over and over that the ss/sc is the quicker car in the 1/4 and from a roll, that is true. it is just retarded and extremely ricey to see a video of an ss/sc losing from a dig and say "do that same race from a roll and watch the outcome totally change." go back in your posts here or on streetfire or anywhere and i GARUNTEE that at least one of you that have said that in this thread have made fun of a honda boy with no torque for saying that in the past. im done with this thread.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:01 PM

i know the ss will rape the 6 from a roll. we all know that and nobody denied it! the dumb thing is that you are saying that because he won from a dig. that is the stupid **** that honda owners say when they lose. he got out launched, end of story!

Exactly...GRO is correct..and again...ANYTHING can happen on the street...thats why it is fun. I don't find it hard to believe that a properly driven V-6 mustang took a SS/SC off the line. Nothing hard to believe there. I say props to the guy in the stang.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:01 PM

Thats my point. You have a mustang v-6 that goes 15.0 flat and does not really have traction issues at all except in first right off the line, compared to a car that runs 14.2-14.8 while losing traction all the way through second. I just laugh when people use Quartermile times for justification on which car is "faster".

There quartermile times are close..therefore they MUST be almost just as fast as one another!! Thats ignorance.

Any stock cobalt owners here that don't have traction issues at the top of second raise your hand!??? Anyone??? Thats what I thought?? My stage 2 about rips my ass off the road at 50 mph, meanwhile a v-6 mustang 3.8 or 4.0 has NO TRACTION ISSUES at 50 I can guarantee it. So while you have it hammered down...we are still "feathering the throttle"...so again...it beat a cobalt from a roll...big deal. It's not hard to believe.

ok so now you are comparing a modded ss/sc vs a stock 4.0? you are saying, if my car had this blah blah blah...YOU BOUGHT A FRONT WHEEL DRIVE CAR. YOU GET TRACTION ISSUES. THAT IS PART OF THE PERFORMANCE OF THE CAR. well if your car had better traction or rwd you would be much faster. hell if my car had a blower like yours does it would rape the **** out of you in any way you can think of. does that sound like the proper way to see which car is faster? NO! did i ever even say that the 4.0 is faster?! NO! in fact i even have said that it IS slower. oh and you have said that it beat it from a roll twice, when this race was from a dig.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:04 PM

ok so now you are comparing a modded ss/sc vs a stock 4.0?
no man..not at all. a stock ss will have traction issues in 2nd as well.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
not yet. when summer comes im actually probably going turbo. then we shall have another meet, but with more cobalts.

this was actually a meet that delta2.2 set up with redwing, red06ss (i think thats his name on here), me, and him. i brought my friend along, that is who is racing andy in that vid. he's automatic with flowmaster(like i said).

i like the new v6 mustangs but the older body like 94 though 99 are slower then crap.. i had a n 88 mustang fox body with a 5.0, a stage 3 clutch and it was s/c. i would get sick when i saw 6 cyl mustangs pull up next to me acting like there bad ass... i think that the new 6 cyl mustangs are way better cars.

ps and the worst mustang of them all is the freak 80's 4cyl that car is a total pos.. im a total mustang fan but i had to sell mine to my uncle because i had bills to pay atleast with my uncle owning the car i know its in good hands
Old 12-05-2006, 12:13 PM

Do you have the ground effects on your mustang? I saw a chick driving a blue mustang (new one) here the other day with the saleen ground effects on it...sharp car.

And don't "defend" your car...there is no need...I like cars. I am not calling you out or talking ****. You have a nice car...and if it is slower than another car...trust me...it's not anything money wont fix
Old 12-05-2006, 12:13 PM

look man i aint hatin on ya i even said that the video proves that it can happen, all i was saying was that in my OWN opinion v6 mustangs are slow.. never said u had to say ur mustang was slow.. But if u see a cobalt ss running a mustang, its more than likely a gt model becuz the gt's are more fun to race than the v6's.. Hell i lost to a 03 gt with mods, but im not sittin here saying that i know i woulda won if i wouldnt have spun 1st and 2nd gear.. If i woulda wanted a better car i woulda bought the sti, evo, or 03 cobra.. i wanted to try a car out that not everyone and their mother has that lives around here.. I coulda raced an sti 1 night but didnt because i didnt want him to waste his gas.. i knew i woulda got killed.. the 03 gt that i raced was from a dig, and i lost fair and square.. no whining about it... I dont want to hate on anyone in here, im mostly just a reader of the kill and loses in here.. Everyone is gonna lose a race someday... Im sure uve had ur fair share of losses... when i had my mustang gt i lost a race to a ss s-10 that was lightly modded.. i never complained about that because he got off the line alot better than my mustang did.. I wasnt calling bs on this video, kinda hard to say that the 4.0 didnt beat the ss/sc cuz its proven on the first page of this stupid post..
Old 12-05-2006, 12:17 PM

ive saw some of the gt500's around here but by far the best new mustang i saw came 1 day while i was on my lunch hour.. was heading back here and heard that distinctive sound of a mustang along with a little whine to it... went around the car in front of me and saw a nice blue mustang cruising, dont necessarily know what it was cuz it had a blue stripe down the side of it that said 427... Get up a little closer to him and see that right on the hood scoop it said supercharged... Was a sweet car and sounded very mean...
Old 12-05-2006, 01:02 PM

I know GROP from another board, in fact that's where i first saw the vids <this and the ones of the 2.2 losing badly>. And he said from day 1 the ss/sc guy got a bad awful launch...well, no launch actually, you can see it. He went too far ahead when they lined up, was reversing back and got caught when the light turned green. I no way did i ever think, or did anyone ever think, the v6 is a faster car...all the vid proves is that with a good launch it can keep up with the ss/sc in the low end.That's it, not a win, not that the v6 is faster.

The guy who said that drag times are not indicative of a cars performance as roll raciong...why? You realize different cars have different powerbands right? I mean saying the only quick car is one that is quick on a roll, to paraphrase you, is just stupid. Some cars, many cars, get much of their power off the launch and off their low end...it's like saying ever car should be judged on their launch ability and who's quicker to 40mph. When you talk cars you talk the whole package...that's why the 1/4, where most cars can trap 80-90-100 +, is the standerd for performance #'s, because it lets a car display and use both it's low and top end, wherever its strength is. Some engines provide both , some one or the other is better.

As for roll racing being a better judge of driver skill...lol. It's a better judge of who knows their powerband better and who can downshift into it faster, a solid launch takes alot more skill. And traction issues? Yes, shouldn't have bought a fwd car. I'd spot you a rwd setup in exchange for a s/c.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:28 PM

The guy who said that drag times are not indicative of a cars performance as roll raciong...why? You realize different cars have different powerbands right?
That was me and I am well aware of powerbands and that if you race from 30-100 from a ROLL...both cars will get a chance to be in theirs.

I mean saying the only quick car is one that is quick on a roll, to paraphrase you, is just stupid.
Never said the only "quick car" is one that is quick from a roll. If you want to trade view points lets not starting putting words in the others mouth ok?

Some cars, many cars, get much of their power off the launch and off their low end...it's like saying ever car should be judged on their launch ability and who's quicker to 40mph. When you talk cars you talk the whole package...that's why the 1/4, where most cars can trap 80-90-100 +, is the standerd for performance #'s, because it lets a car display and use both it's low and top end, wherever its strength is. Some engines provide both , some one or the other is better.
Which is exactly why most performance testers are starting to use the standing mile as an indicator as well...Quartermile times will favor the car with better traction...not neccesarily the "faster car". Hence why god made drag radials...if racing in the quarter wasn't about traction you wouldn't need them. If you think quartermile racing isn't about traction...run without radials once...and then run again with all your mods off your car and DR on...I bet you cut a faster time with radials and no mods...on your mustang.

As for roll racing being a better judge of driver skill...lol.
There you go again, saying I said something I didn't.
I think you should reread my post, I never said that. I said launching on the street is not "drivers skill"... it is who has better traction. Driver skill only comes into play when all other factors are near equal...any true racer knows this..which is why limits are set in professional racing to make sure the bike , car, ATV, whatever it is they are racing are almost identical in ability.

It's a better judge of who knows their powerband better and who can downshift into it faster, a solid launch takes alot more skill.

You are talking like you are dale earnhart guy...downshift faster? When you agree to a race don't you usually do three honks? Is that not long enough for the guy who doesn't know his powerband to downshift? What are you even saying...it's like johnny fricken cockren...your not making any sense???

And traction issues? Yes, shouldn't have bought a fwd car. I'd spot you a rwd setup in exchange for a s/c.
thats fine...we can start that whole "give me this thing" I guess... spot me a v-6 and I would still have lower gearing and lighter weight. Which I am pretty sure would equate to a win. (now you come back with OH YEAH!!! GIVE ME LIGHTER WEIGHT AND LOWER GEARING!!!)

Quick Reply: 05 v6 mustang vs ss/sc