War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

05 v6 mustang vs ss/sc

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok i have 1 other thing to post about this topic... If everyone will closely look at the video, u see that the cobalt ss infact gains tremendously on the mustang, then the video cuts to another time when the cars are slowing down... I saw no brake lights or anything... I think whoever did this video cut out the part where the cobalt ss flew by the mustang..
Old 12-05-2006, 01:57 PM

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...61002a4f00.htm there is the videos u guys should be watching... stage 2 with 2.8" pulley vs 99 cobra with flowmasters and 4.10 gears..
Old 12-05-2006, 02:08 PM

Talking Tell you what......

I'm thinking I need to drop my SS/SC and bolt on the Ingalls I bought. Then get out and practice launches......
Also, that Lexi was haulin' early on too.......
Old 12-05-2006, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by FNFAST
That was me and I am well aware of powerbands and that if you race from 30-100 from a ROLL...both cars will get a chance to be in theirs.
True, to a point. What if one car gets most of it's power off a good launch? But yes 30-100 will put whatever car in it's powerband.

Never said the only "quick car" is one that is quick from a roll. If you want to trade view points lets not starting putting words in the others mouth ok?
OK,I apoligize if i did, i was just posting on a reflex and from memory. So if i misquoted you, my bad.

Which is exactly why most performance testers are starting to use the standing mile as an indicator as well...Quartermile times will favor the car with better traction...not neccesarily the "faster car". Hence why god made drag radials...if racing in the quarter wasn't about traction you wouldn't need them. If you think quartermile racing isn't about traction...run without radials once...and then run again with all your mods off your car and DR on...I bet you cut a faster time with radials and no mods...on your mustang.
No argument, except to say i still think 1/4 times are a less flawed measure of performance then who wins from a roll.

There you go again, saying I said something I didn't.
I think you should reread my post, I never said that. I said launching on the street is not "drivers skill"... it is who has better traction. Driver skill only comes into play when all other factors are near equal...any true racer knows this..which is why limits are set in professional racing to make sure the bike , car, ATV, whatever it is they are racing are almost identical in ability.
Launching, from wherever street, track...how isn't that driver skill?

You are talking like you are dale earnhart guy...downshift faster? When you agree to a race don't you usually do three honks? Is that not long enough for the guy who doesn't know his powerband to downshift? What are you even saying...it's like johnny fricken cockren...your not making any sense???
OK, i amend my statement, roll racing takes no skill at all besides knowing the powerband and pressing the accelerator in that case.

thats fine...we can start that whole "give me this thing" I guess... spot me a v-6 and I would still have lower gearing and lighter weight. Which I am pretty sure would equate to a win. (now you come back with OH YEAH!!! GIVE ME LIGHTER WEIGHT AND LOWER GEARING!!!)
I wouldn't argue the whole give me this take off that blah blah thing....that's ricer stuff, and reading your posts you know you're stuff, so i'm sure you argee. You run what you brung, period. You with a s/c and traction issues and me with rwd and none...and yes, you'll win.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by SilverSS06SC
ok i have 1 other thing to post about this topic... If everyone will closely look at the video, u see that the cobalt ss infact gains tremendously on the mustang, then the video cuts to another time when the cars are slowing down... I saw no brake lights or anything... I think whoever did this video cut out the part where the cobalt ss flew by the mustang..
Noone is claiming the Mustang is faster or should have won. The ss/sc is faster, but the Mustang did win. The ss/sc had a horrible launch and yes, did pull at the end, that's it. You make it sound like someone tried to make it "look" like the Mustang won.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:21 PM

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...61002a4f00.htm there is the videos u guys should be watching... stage 2 with 2.8" pulley vs 99 cobra with flowmasters and 4.10 gears..
This is a good video to watch because it shows the opposite situation. In the first video, the Mustang outlaunches the Cobalt and gets an unlikely win, and in this one, the Cobalt launches well and the Mustang doesn't, relative to it's capability, so the Cobalt gets the win.

I think everyone here knows that the SS/SC is the faster car between it and the V6 Mustang. The thread shows, however, the importance of good driving, because without it, a significantly faster car can lose to the better driver.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:04 PM

Launching, from wherever street, track...how isn't that driver skill?
I agree and you are correct...there is more "skill" involved in starting from a stop then roll racing...thats why I said I "thought" it was a better determination of car speed, but I see your point with taking the advantage away from a car that makes good torque down low...rrrrrrrr hahaha I guess it is a horse a piece and you sumed it up great:

You run what you brung, period.
I, like you, hate excuses...I said it before to the guy and I will say it again...good win to the stang
Old 12-05-2006, 03:16 PM

nahh jercho, if u look at the video and actually pay attention to it... u see the cobalt get goin and start to go up and pass the mustang then it cuts to where they are slowing down... u know since they pulled away from the camera car in the race then at the end the camera car is gaining, but yet u see no brake lights or anything.. was it even a 1/4?
Old 12-05-2006, 03:21 PM

Which is exactly why most performance testers are starting to use the standing mile as an indicator as well...Quartermile times will favor the car with better traction...not neccesarily the "faster car". Hence why god made drag radials...if racing in the quarter wasn't about traction you wouldn't need them. If you think quartermile racing isn't about traction...run without radials once...and then run again with all your mods off your car and DR on...I bet you cut a faster time with radials and no mods...on your mustang.

i agree with that statement, but you are using that information wrong...traction IS part of the performance of the car. you don't say, "if i had more traction i would win" that is just dumb as i said before. that is exactly like saying if i had more power i would win, because to have more traction you need better suspension componenents. this is stupid. this thread was not started to be an argument, my friend (dwisforme) couldnt get his account to work and asked me to post it for him, and i posted it in the most friendly way i could so nobody would bitch, but yet again everyone bitches and moans. this needs to be locked.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:22 PM

nahh jercho, if u look at the video and actually pay attention to it... u see the cobalt get goin and start to go up and pass the mustang then it cuts to where they are slowing down... u know since they pulled away from the camera car in the race then at the end the camera car is gaining, but yet u see no brake lights or anything.. was it even a 1/4?

...dude like three people in this thread were there including myself....they slowed down. first the cobalt slowed down then the mustang. i dont know why, ask andy or dw, but im assuming because they were getting up to too high of speeds.

again this was just a friendly little race at the light in the middle of our meet. andy fucked up and got beat. andy has the faster car without a doubt, especially with stage 2, but this was not some big competition like you guys are making it out to be.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:26 PM

i said that because that video does cut out at the end and go to when they were slowing down... not sayin which 1 won and didnt win.. obviously the mustang was in front when the video was over, but i dont see where the part of the video thats missing went to... Usually if someone slows down u can see brake lights unless they are downshifting and i still think most ppl racing would use their brakes... I see the video, i see who was in front, but was just askin whoever made this video or put it online why doesnt it show the cars hitting their brakes? thats all im askin
Old 12-05-2006, 03:30 PM

my friend (dwisforme) couldnt get his account to work and asked me to post it for him, and i posted it in the most friendly way i could so nobody would bitch, but yet again everyone bitches and moans. this needs to be locked.
I didn't quote it but I do understand what you said about traction...I guess I agree to a point...point being some cars like camaros and mustangs are designed as straighline cars...cobalts = track...not straighline..so to compare them "straightline in the quarter" is a moot point. But, I did quote you becuase I don't think there has been anything said to justify locking the thread...I actually think people are rapping back and forth rather politely. Jericho has gotten his point across more than a couple times to me on this thread without being rude or anything...I don't think you have been rude either for that matter.

I think that if you get challenged and you open your mouth...accept the outcome. This guy obviously chose to race the stang from a stop...he then got beat...good kill stang...the guy in the SS/SC shouldn't cry...no one forced him to race.

A race is a race is a race...stang =1

You will get guys who say"well what about this" or "what about this"...just ignore them and thanks for posting the vid.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:34 PM

i said that because that video does cut out at the end and go to when they were slowing down... not sayin which 1 won and didnt win.. obviously the mustang was in front when the video was over, but i dont see where the part of the video thats missing went to... Usually if someone slows down u can see brake lights unless they are downshifting and i still think most ppl racing would use their brakes... I see the video, i see who was in front, but was just askin whoever made this video or put it online why doesnt it show the cars hitting their brakes? thats all im askin

it doesnt cut out...it refocuses because he is zooming in. you can see them the whole time and if you watch, the cobalt slows down first and since the mustang is still accelerating he goes way out in front and then slows down. that's why it looks like the video is cut because it goes blurry as that is happening.

i am not trying to start this argument again, but i think some of you seriously underestimate how much faster the 4.0 is than the 3.8's....if you watch this video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=80LDTY0-O...elated&search=

you will see how hard we pull on the two 2.2's. those 2.2's could keep up with the 3.8's. cameron (the red mustang right next to the camera car) is the one who raced andy (the ss/sc) and you will see that i even have about a car and a half to two cars on him before he has to slow down because of that jeep. not trying to start bad blood with the 2.2 guys, i am just so sick of the horrible reputation we have because of the 3.8's.

just look at jericho for an example, he has cai/tune/exhaust and he ran a 14.6. i think he is an automatic also.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:36 PM

I didn't quote it but I do understand what you said about traction...I guess I agree to a point...point being some cars like camaros and mustangs are designed as straighline cars...cobalts = track...not straighline..so to compare them "straightline in the quarter" is a moot point. But, I did quote you becuase I don't think there has been anything said to justify locking the thread...I actually think people are rapping back and forth rather politely. Jericho has gotten his point across more than a couple times to me on this thread without being rude or anything...I don't think you have been rude either for that matter.

I think that if you get challenged and you open your mouth...accept the outcome. This guy obviously chose to race the stang from a stop...he then got beat...good kill stang...the guy in the SS/SC shouldn't cry...no one forced him to race.

A race is a race is a race...stang =1

You will get guys who say"well what about this" or "what about this"...just ignore them and thanks for posting the vid.

thats exactly what i have been trying to say. thank you. im just kinda pissed right now because it seems every thread that opens up with an ss being beat, everyone challenges it. this isn't really even one of the bad ones.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:37 PM

Look at the lingenfelter vette..it had 1100 horsepower, twin turbo engine...and it was exactly 0.8 second faster in the quartermile time than it's stock counterpart...so you are trying to tell me the lingenfelter is only slightly faster because of his quartermile time? thats so lame...

Anything can happen on the street. ANYTHING.
Where did you get those numbers for the Lingenfelter? They aren't accurate at all. A stock 2000 Corvette didn't run 9.8.

I agree with your last statement though. Anything CAN happen on the street.

Lingenfelter 2000 427 Corvette Twin Turbo C5
Automatic transmission drag race
- 8.95@153.6 - December 2002
Old 12-05-2006, 03:38 PM

get over it.
props to the mustang and good driving. these were friends racing too guys, and they arent bitching at eachother.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:40 PM

dude.. i know where u are coming from man... was just aggrevating u the whole time... i could care less if the mustang beat the ss/sc.. Good driving on the mustangs part... i was just seeing how much **** u could throw out, lol.. i gots no problem with ya, ur the only 1 that was comin back at me... dont take it hard man, all in all, its just a forum for ppl to write stuff... The mustang won cuz the video proves it... if there was no video then i myself would say bs, but the video proves it and also red06ss or whatever his name is that was in the video even said he lost but there were conditions he couldnt help.... So man just take it easy, just bored over here at work is all....
Old 12-05-2006, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by cawpin
Where did you get those numbers for the Lingenfelter? They aren't accurate at all. A stock 2000 Corvette didn't run 9.8.

I agree with your last statement though. Anything CAN happen on the street.

Lingenfelter 2000 427 Corvette Twin Turbo C5
Automatic transmission drag race
- 8.95@153.6 - December 2002

i think he is comparing the times it has layed down on street tires. it has slicks in that vid.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:42 PM

dude.. i know where u are coming from man... was just aggrevating u the whole time... i could care less if the mustang beat the ss/sc.. Good driving on the mustangs part... i was just seeing how much **** u could throw out, lol.. i gots no problem with ya, ur the only 1 that was comin back at me... dont take it hard man, all in all, its just a forum for ppl to write stuff... The mustang won cuz the video proves it... if there was no video then i myself would say bs, but the video proves it and also red06ss or whatever his name is that was in the video even said he lost but there were conditions he couldnt help.... So man just take it easy, just bored over here at work is all....

i wasn't trying to argue with you in that last post...i was just telling you what happened. i can see how it looks like the video cuts out, but the camera is refocusing...thats all i said.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:45 PM

WTF? DUDE...SNAP BACK TO THE PRESENT!!! I Wasn't talking about the C5...ding dong hahaha

Who said a stock corvette ran a 9.8???? Look at my post again...I never said that haha...READ PEOPLE READ!!!!

The number for the C6 lingenfelter are 100% accurate...I am sitting at my desk staring at the Road and track comparison between a Lingenfelter C6 vs a New Z06 right now. The lingenfelter put out 900 horse on low boost...on high boost it smoked the tires damn near off at 125
Old 12-05-2006, 03:45 PM

i know man, hope ya got no hard feelings... lol... theres no way to dispute a video... I was just bored over here at work, been sittin here with nothing to do since 8 this morning... this wouldnt be a good forum unless some ppl try to stir up some trouble every once in a while... at least aggrevating ppl on this forum is better than going to clubcivic.com and reading about how slow they think the ss/sc is...
Old 12-05-2006, 03:48 PM

nah clubcivic is great....i learned that k20a's can handle 2,000 horsepower with stock internals!
Old 12-05-2006, 03:48 PM

i think he is comparing the times it has layed down on street tires. it has slicks in that vid.
But yes...even the C6 one I am refering to was tested on street tires...not slicks.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:49 PM

WTF? DUDE...SNAP BACK TO THE PRESENT!!! I Wasn't talking about the C5...ding dong hahaha

Who said a stock corvette ran a 9.8???? Look at my post again...I never said that haha...READ PEOPLE READ!!!!

The number for the C6 lingenfelter are 100% accurate...I am sitting at my desk staring at the Road and track comparison between a Lingenfelter C6 vs a New Z06 right now. The lingenfelter put out 900 horse on low boost...on high boost it smoked the tires damn near off at 125

he is thinking of what they run with slicks or drag radials...when they put dr's on the linginfelter c6 in car and driver they ripped the dif wide open. that is why i would NEVER buy a linginfelter...more than 1khp with the stock rear end? WTF?!
Old 12-05-2006, 03:50 PM

i know man, hope ya got no hard feelings... lol... theres no way to dispute a video... I was just bored over here at work, been sittin here with nothing to do since 8 this morning... this wouldnt be a good forum unless some ppl try to stir up some trouble every once in a while... at least aggrevating ppl on this forum is better than going to clubcivic.com and reading about how slow they think the ss/sc is...
Who is stirring up trouble you dumb bastard???

totally kidding man!

Quick Reply: 05 v6 mustang vs ss/sc