War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

05 v6 mustang vs ss/sc

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
he is thinking of what they run with slicks or drag radials...when they put dr's on the linginfelter c6 in car and driver they ripped the dif wide open. that is why i would NEVER buy a linginfelter...more than 1khp with the stock rear end? WTF?!
SEE you read what I am talking about! hahaha

That was pretty freaking dumb I agree!

Almost as bad as the stang blowing a 50 cent oil gasket or something and damn near killing the driver haha whoops...that livernois stang was BADDD! It cost like half of all the other cars and was the most well balanced of the bunch.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by FNFAST
SEE you read what I am talking about! hahaha

That was pretty freaking dumb I agree!

Almost as bad as the stang blowing a 50 cent oil gasket or something and damn near killing the driver haha whoops...that livernois stang was BADDD! It cost like half of all the other cars and was the most well balanced of the bunch.

that livernois was definately the sleeper of the bunch (did you see that ******* torque?! it had like 1200 ft lbs i think!) but they had that stupid oil problem which they didnt really explain. that mti seemed to be the best for the cash tho. out of all of em, id take that accufab tho . that thing was insane.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:33 PM

oh man that accufab GT was SICK!!!!!
Old 12-05-2006, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
nah clubcivic is great....i learned that k20a's can handle 2,000 horsepower with stock internals!
You should check out 8thCivic.copm man...i swear they think the Si is the fastest, greatest car out there today. I went and corrected someone who said we ran 16's politly and just got a shitstorm of fanboy responses back, you know the usual, v6 is for girls etc...

Anyway i thinkl the whole point of the vids was to show the Mustang v6 deserves more respect then it gets, not that it's faster then a SS/sc. I'll take being quicker then 2/3 Balts though.

j/k 2.2 and 2.4 guys, don't get yer panties bunched
Old 12-05-2006, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by SilverSS06SC
nahh jercho, if u look at the video and actually pay attention to it... u see the cobalt get goin and start to go up and pass the mustang then it cuts to where they are slowing down... u know since they pulled away from the camera car in the race then at the end the camera car is gaining, but yet u see no brake lights or anything.. was it even a 1/4?

OK silver..... first off.if ur commenting on this thread just to **** people off, get out. I would have posted it but my account wasnt working. This race was all for fun. Hands down andy had the faster car. But listen i was there. i raced him. Clay, 8cf03gro, was also there. he was right behind the ss/sc. LET ME TELL U EXACTLY WHAT HAPPEND. Read this carfully. if it takes you twice, then read it again. First off we all met and a place off woodward. just a couple of guys out racing to have fun. So when we got out on the road we just kept looping around on tele until we came to a line up. First i raced a cobalt ls and i beat him. Next Andy pulls up next to me. i know his car is faster but i still decide to race him just FOR FUN. So andy starts creeping up and the light turns green. i launch my car and it looks like andy missed it. so i get off faster and i just keep going. andy may have been destracted to the lexus next to him. so i kept going till i hit about 90 then i was moving into a pretty cop infested area. so i figured im far enough ahead of him so i back down. He does to. There was no editing. The person filming was in a COBALT. why would he edit the video in favor of a mustang. it was a race and i won. its not that big of a deal. yeah it is a wierd thing because andy should have won. But iit was just a driving error. not a matter of who's car is faster. it was a drivers race. Anyway it was fun. thats all that matters.......and that no one got a ticket.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by dwisforme05

OK silver..... first off.if ur commenting on this thread just to **** people off, get out. I would have posted it but my account wasnt working. This race was all for fun. Hands down andy had the faster car. But listen i was there. i raced him. Clay, 8cf03gro, was also there. he was right behind the ss/sc. LET ME TELL U EXACTLY WHAT HAPPEND. Read this carfully. if it takes you twice, then read it again. First off we all met and a place off woodward. just a couple of guys out racing to have fun. So when we got out on the road we just kept looping around on tele until we came to a line up. First i raced a cobalt ls and i beat him. Next Andy pulls up next to me. i know his car is faster but i still decide to race him just FOR FUN. So andy starts creeping up and the light turns green. i launch my car and it looks like andy missed it. so i get off faster and i just keep going. andy may have been destracted to the lexus next to him. so i kept going till i hit about 90 then i was moving into a pretty cop infested area. so i figured im far enough ahead of him so i back down. He does to. There was no editing. The person filming was in a COBALT. why would he edit the video in favor of a mustang. it was a race and i won. its not that big of a deal. yeah it is a wierd thing because andy should have won. But iit was just a driving error. not a matter of who's car is faster. it was a drivers race. Anyway it was fun. thats all that matters.......and that no one got a ticket.
dude how far down did you read before you posted this? it has been settled since like lunch time. chill.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:53 PM

haha my bad my computer didnt show the last page of the thread. my bad silv.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:45 AM

he is thinking of what they run with slicks or drag radials...when they put dr's on the linginfelter c6 in car and driver they ripped the dif wide open. that is why i would NEVER buy a linginfelter...more than 1khp with the stock rear end? WTF?!
Yes, I was comparing it on slicks, sorry. I guarantee that the stock Vette on slicks won't run within .8 of the Lingenfelter. Either way, did you not watch the video I posted? That car is pushing over 1000 hp and no rear end boom. Lingenfelter builds his cars to run. You cannot beat there Corvettes, period. And, no, I don't mean in a race.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by cawpin
Yes, I was comparing it on slicks, sorry. I guarantee that the stock Vette on slicks won't run within .8 of the Lingenfelter. Either way, did you not watch the video I posted? That car is pushing over 1000 hp and no rear end boom. Lingenfelter builds his cars to run. You cannot beat there Corvettes, period. And, no, I don't mean in a race.
what do you mean then? that is the c5 linginfelter. the one they tested in motortrend or whatever we were talking about was the c6 and it was on low boost. even if your rear end is too weak for the kind of power you are putting down, it isn't going to blow WHENEVER you put slicks on. The problem is, linginfelter builds these sweet vettes, yes...but for the amount of money in aftermarket you have to pay, i could build my own tt vette with comparable performance AND buy a pretty decent daily driver. hell i wouldn't buy an accufab gt, mti gto, or livernois mustang gt for that matter, i can build a much more powerful, nicer, car that fits me better for less money.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:18 AM

So what was the point of this thread it kinda got off topic quick. Nice kill for the mustang better luck next time for the cobalt.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:51 AM

what do you mean then? that is the c5 linginfelter. the one they tested in motortrend or whatever we were talking about was the c6 and it was on low boost. even if your rear end is too weak for the kind of power you are putting down, it isn't going to blow WHENEVER you put slicks on. The problem is, linginfelter builds these sweet vettes, yes...but for the amount of money in aftermarket you have to pay, i could build my own tt vette with comparable performance AND buy a pretty decent daily driver. hell i wouldn't buy an accufab gt, mti gto, or livernois mustang gt for that matter, i can build a much more powerful, nicer, car that fits me better for less money.
I never said you couldn't build just as good of a car for much cheaper. I agree with you, I wouldn't pay that much money for one either. I'd build it myself.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
good race.

Cobalt got treed pretty badly.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:27 AM

hey

personally ive owned a 05 v6 mustang and in the launch there good u really dont have to worry about much spin but till 80 and on there slow as *****

If i get a good laugh plus with my g85 i rock v6 mustangs i have beaten 2 4.6 gts 1 stock 1 with a cat back and cai and they have all said holy **** ur lieing thats not stock plus ive beaten a n/a integra that reved to 10,200 rpms engine was done to ****!
Old 12-08-2006, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by 06CobaltssOrange
personally ive owned a 05 v6 mustang and in the launch there good u really dont have to worry about much spin but till 80 and on there slow as *****

If i get a good laugh plus with my g85 i rock v6 mustangs i have beaten 2 4.6 gts 1 stock 1 with a cat back and cai and they have all said holy **** ur lieing thats not stock plus ive beaten a n/a integra that reved to 10,200 rpms engine was done to ****!

which 4.6 gt? they have had 4.6's since the mid 90's. if you beat an 05+ 4.6, you drove better in that race, just like the mustang drove better in this race. the s197 mustang gt's are faster than ss/sc's.