War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

06 Cobalt SS/SC Vs. 05 STI

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 03:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YouTube - SHUT UP WOMAN,GET ON MY HORSE
Old 01-11-2011, 04:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Supercharged Guy
I wasn't trying to bash him but simply saying that he wouldn't push the customers car pass the limits like some people want

So he's a good/smart guy for that, some tuners just don't care.
ahhh i see now.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by thedubsack85
From what i could see/hear you barely pulled a fender if that which he got back before you backed off which is why the comment came in your 5th is so much better (for STI) cause the vid was taken from the STI. Nice runs but def not a kill, Do it from a dig! Oh and your description is off. your past a stage 2 balt....
yes it is a kill agreed by all four party's, I had a passenger in my car also. The only reason why he started gaining was because I let off when I saw the cop sitting on the side of the road, way before he did hence the reason why the passenger in the STI stopped mid sentence and was all "woah whoah". And from a dig I have no traction mods and all season tires, it wouldn't even be a contest wanna see how that would turn out STI wins. Furthermore I uploaded it off my phone real quick so I didn't feel like taking my sweet ass time people will still get the point.

GTFO if your just going to flame and it was a more along the lines of his front bumper at the rear of my door and that was coming from the STI driver himself
Old 01-12-2011, 01:29 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 214 Likes on 173 Posts
I've heard Fred is a good tuner but he doesn't like to push cars past their limits cause his rep. can be shattered

If you want to go for numbers I'm sure he would but I'm willing to bet you would be signing a paper saying he's not responsible

I still don't understand how that's a horror story... he's backing your car is going to run safely. Vs running on edge just for bragging rights.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by 07MetallicSC
I still don't understand how that's a horror story... he's backing your car is going to run safely. Vs running on edge just for bragging rights.
ya and even though he did this for me and the mods that I have done to my car I put down some real good numbers
im with 07 on this one rather lose a race then lose a motor
Old 01-12-2011, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by wRcKLes
yes it is a kill agreed by all four party's, I had a passenger in my car also. The only reason why he started gaining was because I let off when I saw the cop sitting on the side of the road, way before he did hence the reason why the passenger in the STI stopped mid sentence and was all "woah whoah". And from a dig I have no traction mods and all season tires, it wouldn't even be a contest wanna see how that would turn out STI wins. Furthermore I uploaded it off my phone real quick so I didn't feel like taking my sweet ass time people will still get the point.

GTFO if your just going to flame and it was a more along the lines of his front bumper at the rear of my door and that was coming from the STI driver himself
If it was a kill your sidemarkers would not be in the video and all he should see is tail light's! im not flaming as i stated before NICE RUNS, But i dont consider that a kill. To each his own. and your still modded past a stage 2 balt. I call it like i see it.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:06 PM

nice kill
Old 01-12-2011, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by thedubsack85
If it was a kill your sidemarkers would not be in the video and all he should see is tail light's! im not flaming as i stated before NICE RUNS, But i dont consider that a kill. To each his own. and your still modded past a stage 2 balt. I call it like i see it.
a kill is a win and I won, and for a while there you did see my taillights in the video. I didn't make him look stupid just two cars that are close in power, but still a kill. fast and furious quote "don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile winnings winning"
yes i am a lil past stage 2 but your taking this video and ripping it apart anyway you can, and for that there's the door, good day sir.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by 07MetallicSC
I wasn't saying anything about a horror story, I was saying that he's a good tuner for not pushing cars past their limits
Old 01-25-2011, 02:33 AM

I wasn't saying anything about a horror story, I was saying that he's a good tuner for not pushing cars past their limits
I think he confused us, Supercharged Guy and SuperChargedMA lol... because of my previous post saying I wanted to go to SMG for a tune but I was skeptical because some people have said they heard "horror" stories...

Honestly I dont remember the full details some people just told me that other people have blown motors or had constant problems and blamed it on SMG. Im in no way saying that it is true... just saying that is what I've been told.

I do want to go there for a dyno tune though, I went there once and met Fred with D.J (freakta) last summer and there was a ton of cobalts there, along with Project Scarab, just sitting there without an engine haha.

I guess what I was just asking is what you guys thought about his work, seeing as you both have gone there and have personal, first hand, experience.

Hope that cleared some things up.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:58 AM

i do my own work when i have time and freds the only guy id let work on my car...
ive seen hundreds of cars go in andout of the shop. the only thing worng with his work is when you drop off a car its just him doing the work so it takes time.

ive been tuned with him, my car is silly fast and never had problems, he does tune a bit on the safe side and thats exactly how id like it,

also nice run, need some more mods to run away from that suby
Old 01-25-2011, 02:21 PM

Hey, hows it going man? Havent heard from you in a while haha Last thing I remember we were suppose to go check out that custom car place in Wareham I think? Back in July when you were borrowing the gtp.

Anyways man, I've been wicked busy, Im in providence, RI now for school, hows everything going with you?
Old 01-26-2011, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by wRcKLes
STI mods: intake, turbo back and Tuned By ECS 276whp 289wtq (mustang dyno)
Cobalt mods: 2.8, 60's, intake, Tuned by SMG 251whp 231wtq (dyno jet)
40-120 me and him have been going back and forth lately but after my tune I came out on top

YouTube - KamuiReiko's Channel
251whp seems a little low for those mods, I put down 254.5 on a mustang dyno. Mods are in my sig
Old 01-26-2011, 03:31 PM

I couldnt see a damn thing! Nice kill tho man
Old 01-26-2011, 03:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fred's a great guy, and the tune i got has been solid. needs a tweak right now but only because i changed intakes since i was tuned almost 2 years ago. he does hold back a bit, but if you want him to push it i'm sure he would. i kept it back a bit because my cobalt is my daily, and i cannot afford a new engine right now. plus i don't race, so it doesn't matter.

Originally Posted by SuperChargedMA
I think he confused us, Supercharged Guy and SuperChargedMA lol... because of my previous post saying I wanted to go to SMG for a tune but I was skeptical because some people have said they heard "horror" stories...

Honestly I dont remember the full details some people just told me that other people have blown motors or had constant problems and blamed it on SMG. Im in no way saying that it is true... just saying that is what I've been told.

I do want to go there for a dyno tune though, I went there once and met Fred with D.J (freakta) last summer and there was a ton of cobalts there, along with Project Scarab, just sitting there without an engine haha.

I guess what I was just asking is what you guys thought about his work, seeing as you both have gone there and have personal, first hand, experience.

Hope that cleared some things up.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:32 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by btingle85
251whp seems a little low for those mods, I put down 254.5 on a mustang dyno. Mods are in my sig
The numbers seem right. He is only on a .1" smaller pulley than you and he is on the STOCK frontal exhaust
Old 01-26-2011, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by InfraRedline
The numbers seem right. He is only on a .1" smaller pulley than you and he is on the STOCK frontal exhaust
And he's on 60's, I'm on 42's...Oh, and he's tuned, I just have a can tune from ottp.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:33 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
60's dont make power, they just give him the headroom for the 2.8. Yes he is tuned, but if your ottp tune is like mine was it was 11.7afr and 18* timing so it wasnt too bad. But exhaust does a good amount on these cars