War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

06 Cobalt SS/SC vs Toyota X-Runner w/trd blower

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 09:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 Cobalt SS/SC vs Toyota X-Runner w/trd blower

I was going home one morning after running errands in town and somehow got behind my buddy Joel and his wife in his black x-runner. I live close to the river, so on the way to my house there is about a 5 mile stretch of straight road with a long ass bridge that goes over the river. This river sits down in a huge valley that follows the entire length of the river all the way to the mouth where it spills into the gulf of mexico. Because it sits in a valley, there is a huge hill on both ends of this 5 mile stretch...

Well, when we reached the first big hill and started going down it I heard him downshift(the truck sounds amazing btw). He passed the car in front of him and kept haulin ass afterwards. However, when he passed, I noticed another car coming in the other lane, so I waited for that car to come by. I downshifted to 3rd, and when I passed the car in front of me a good 10 seconds later I was at the bottom of the hill and he was easily a 1/4 mile ahead of me, if not a lil further.

So, I'm screaming thru 3rd into 4th. It took me no time at all to catch him, and when I did we were both doing roughly 125-130. With no traffic in sight, I downshifted back into fourth went on around him. As I passed his truck, sure enough I heard that trd blower whining. They aren't that loud because those trucks don't rev very high, but you can still hear it. We meet at the Chevron at the end of the stretch, exchange a few laughs and stories and both head our separate ways.

Apparently, the big end isn't the best part of this truck. It's the 1/4 that it's "fast" in. We promised to give each other a good run at the track one night and really prove something.

X-Runner mods (that he mentioned): TRD blower, CAI, Magnaflow muffler with dual out piping and quad tips, a programmer, and he said it was lowered... That's all he mentioned. I know these things come w/236 hp from the factory, but he wasn't sure how much hp he was pushin.

My SS mods: torque dampener, wot box, magnaflow muffler, airbox mod, and I'm on a stock pulley. I had a video camera inches from my hand, but when things happen suddenly like that you don't think to grab it...
Old 09-14-2008, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those trucks are badass
Old 09-14-2008, 09:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I fell in love with them man. If I was to get a truck then that would be the one. Like I said I was getting one a few months ago but I decided against it... Already had paperwork filled out and everything. I make plenty of money, but not enough to mod my cobalt, the x-runner, and still pay for them both and have enough extra left over for other things.