War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

06 mustang gt vs 09 cobalt ss

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 11:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OK for clearing that up because it sounded like you were saying i wasnt pulling him on the top end, which i didnt think would happen either but he said he was defintely not lifting, he also ran a 13.2 in the quarter so from a dig yea he jumps hard off the line and pulls for a few seconds till we get up to speed and he stays about the same distance ahead of me
Old 02-18-2009, 11:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cmiller8006
OK for clearing that up because it sounded like you were saying i wasnt pulling him on the top end, which i didnt think would happen either but he said he was defintely not lifting, he also ran a 13.2 in the quarter so from a dig yea he jumps hard off the line and pulls for a few seconds till we get up to speed and he stays about the same distance ahead of me
Damn, for him to run a 13.2 with just a couple bolt ons with no tune is very good, he must be a good driver. Tell him to get tuned and run 12's, LOL. I love my Mustang in every way possible, but now that my SS/TC has been tuned, it's just as fun to drive and handles better, just doesnt sound as good and that torque off the line from the Stang is great.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm sitting here at 11:54 PM studying for mid-term exam on Friday......very enjoyable video!!! I love messing with rustangs.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:58 PM

he has drove nothing but stick his whole life and he can drive pretty well. it helps to that we have summit motorsports park in norwalk ohio, john force owns the track, and is rated in the top 10 in the U.S. so some good times can be had out there, very sticky track
Old 02-18-2009, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by shadowfaxss
I'm sitting here at 11:54 PM studying for mid-term exam on Friday......very enjoyable video!!! I love messing with rustangs.
I love hearing people talk **** about Stangs, it's very enjoyable aswell at 10:58pm. And then it's very enjoyable to watch Stangs whoop up on all the **** talkers.

Originally Posted by cmiller8006
he has drove nothing but stick his whole life and he can drive pretty well. it helps to that we have summit motorsports park in norwalk ohio, john force owns the track, and is rated in the top 10 in the U.S. so some good times can be had out there, very sticky track
That it seems like, wish our track was like that here, and it's only an 1/8 mile track, and it sucks very bad.

Last edited by FutureEcotecOwner; 02-18-2009 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-19-2009, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by FutureEcotecOwner
I love hearing people talk **** about Stangs, it's very enjoyable aswell at 10:58pm. And then it's very enjoyable to watch Stangs whoop up on all the **** talkers.
I crewed my BIL's Mustang for several years in NHRA Sportsman Series. 460CJ engine with several variations to the intake, fuel and ignition system. Nice car, plenty of power.....just don't like Ford engineering.....and.....I mind my own business on the road but get harassed by those pesky Mustang GTs.....so I either spank them (stock), close race (mods), or I get spanked (OTT Mods).
Old 02-19-2009, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by shadowfaxss
I crewed my BIL's Mustang for several years in NHRA Sportsman Series. 460CJ engine with several variations to the intake, fuel and ignition system. Nice car, plenty of power.....just don't like Ford engineering.....and.....I mind my own business on the road but get harassed by those pesky Mustang GTs.....so I either spank them (stock), close race (mods), or I get spanked (OTT Mods).
Maybe it's just where I live, but there are tons of Mustangs around here and a very large Mustang Club, and all they do is mind their business. I have never once been out in my Cobalt and had a Mustang try and race me, and it's been about 7 months now. I know alot of the guys and they do all their racing at the track and dont like to street race, and I guess others just dont street race. I know there are Mustang drivers out there that talk **** about how their car is the greatest, but I dont really care for those Mustang owners that much. And I didnt know with your mods to your SS/SC you were running low 13's to high 12's.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:49 AM

Man I can't get anything have a go around here. Mustang GT's, STi's, 350Z's.... My guess would be they BELIEVE a Cobalt would be a waste of gas for them.

For some dumb reason V6 stangs like to make asses of themselves though.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:22 PM

And then it's very enjoyable to watch Stangs whoop up on all the **** talkers.
Lol Typical Mustang owner. The 'stangs' are supposed to win, they are a bench mark. When you hang with one or beat one you know you are what many people consider fast. I definitely say that I have beat more than I lost to.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:14 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by reign1
yeah i dont think ur Tc though will touch Psykosteveo's Stang. lol sorry
That's not a fair race!
Old 02-19-2009, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Maxim_X
Lol Typical Mustang owner. The 'stangs' are supposed to win, they are a bench mark. When you hang with one or beat one you know you are what many people consider fast. I definitely say that I have beat more than I lost to.
Just like it's very typical of people to talk **** about Stangs for whatever reason I do not know. I know what each year of Mustangs is capable of, and what Cobalts are capable of, and it's gonna take alittle bit of work for an SS/SC to beat a new GT and it's gonna take a tune for an SS/TC to beat one.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:51 PM

Just like it's very typical of people to talk **** about Stangs for whatever reason I do not know. I know what each year of Mustangs is capable of, and what Cobalts are capable of, and it's gonna take alittle bit of work for an SS/SC to beat a new GT and it's gonna take a tune for an SS/TC to beat one.
I hate Stangs cause everyone and their brother, sister, mother, father, uncle, aunt, cousin, and probably the damn dog own or want one. Drives me nuts....
Old 02-19-2009, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Zander916
I hate Stangs cause everyone and their brother, sister, mother, father, uncle, aunt, cousin, and probably the damn dog own or want one. Drives me nuts....
It's only been around for about 45 years now, so I would expect there to be alot of them out there, and guess what, they're still being produced, unlike some of it's so called competitors from GM. And to be honest with you, there are quite the handful of Cobalts running around everywhere too now, and why, because they are like 7-8k pretty much brand new and it's a great first car for alot of people and because they are just great cars in general.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:29 AM

It's only been around for about 45 years now, so I would expect there to be alot of them out there, and guess what, they're still being produced, unlike some of it's so called competitors from GM. And to be honest with you, there are quite the handful of Cobalts running around everywhere too now, and why, because they are like 7-8k pretty much brand new and it's a great first car for alot of people and because they are just great cars in general.
Camaro is coming back out.

I live in a city of about 150,000. Not big really.

I've only seen TWO... that's TWO... SS/SC's... ever. I'm sure there's more. I've NEVER seen an SS/TC other than mine. But I know of two members here with SS/TC's in my area.

I see Mustangs EVERYWHERE... it just gets old. (Like 95% are the V6 one's too - ie. people want the look.... not the performance) Just my crappy opinion... Mustangs, Camaro's etc. should ONLY come with a V8. The V6 is there just because most people buy those and money talks. But to stick with tradition like I think it SHOULD be... only a V8. You'd see a LOT LOT less of them. Then I might appreciate them more as well.
When I happen to see an actual GT. I respect the car although it's still kind of spoiled still from seeing the damn things everywhere in V6 form.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:30 AM

I see Mustangs EVERYWHERE... it just gets old. (Like 95% are the V6 one's too - ie. people want the look.... not the performance) Just my crappy opinion... Mustangs, Camaro's etc. should ONLY come with a V8. The V6 is there just because most people buy those and money talks. But to stick with tradition like I think it SHOULD be... only a V8. You'd see a LOT LOT less of them. Then I might appreciate them more as well.
When I happen to see an actual GT. I respect the car although it's still kind of spoiled still from seeing the damn things everywhere in V6 form.
There have been 6-cylinder Mustangs from the beginning. It's not a "tradition" for it to be only V8's.

Also, the same argument could be made for the Cobalt. There are a billion base-model Cobalts running around. In fact, I'm sure that there's a much higher percentage of base-model Cobalts compared to SC's and TC's than there are base-model Mustangs to V8s.

BTW, there are PLENTY of non-V8 Mustangs that could be considered quick/fast compared to their V8 counterparts or SS/SC/TC's, for instance.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:31 AM

Camaro is coming back out.

I live in a city of about 150,000. Not big really.

I've only seen TWO... that's TWO... SS/SC's... ever. I'm sure there's more. I've NEVER seen an SS/TC other than mine. But I know of two members here with SS/TC's in my area.

I live in a town of about 10,000 people and there are 5-6 SS/SC and a few TCs.

The Cobalts are just like the Mustangs you see tons of the base cars running around and a few of the higher trims too.

If it wasn't for the V6 stangs there would be no Mustang GTs, Cobras, or GT500s, just like if it wasn't for the base Cobalts there wouldn't be SSs.

The lower trim models are what allow the higher trims to exist.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:34 AM

^^^^^^^^^^ I couldnt have sed it better myself....
Old 02-20-2009, 09:37 AM

I'd consider that a loss on the mustangs part just because a 4 cylinder hung with it.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:46 AM

I can rest assure you that the new 3v Mustang GT's don't lose anything up top like alot of people think. Like I said, in that vid the Mustang let off at 140mph and it was pretty much a dead even race. And as much as I love both my SS/TC and my 05 Mustang GT, I think it's pretty sad that most people have to have a turbo or supercharger to hang with a v8. The 8 cylinders my Mustang has is equal to the turbo my Cobalt has, so dont think I'm sticking up for Mustangs or v8's, because I have 2 totally different cars that I love for different reasons.
Dude we have 4 cylinders you have 8 cylinders...if my math is correct that means you have twice as many cylinders than us...you should be faster than us motor to motor, but for 4 cylinders to stand a chance the easiest way to do so is to get forced induction
Old 02-20-2009, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by rockSTAR_SS
I'd consider that a loss on the mustangs part just because a 4 cylinder hung with it.
I disagree.

1. They're in the same price range

2. It's N/A V8 vs F/I 4-cylinder

It makes sense that they would be comparable.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Blainestang
I disagree.

1. They're in the same price range

2. It's N/A V8 vs F/I 4-cylinder

It makes sense that they would be comparable.
Tell me you wouldn't be sore losing to a factory F/I 4 banger.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by rockSTAR_SS
Tell me you wouldn't be sore losing to a factory F/I 4 banger.
Not any more than I would be losing to any other similarly priced/classed vehicle.

Some people are all caught up on engine size/cylinders.

That means jack to me, because it's just one piece of the performance/cost/class puzzle.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:04 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 007Buff
Dude we have 4 cylinders you have 8 cylinders...if my math is correct that means you have twice as many cylinders than us...you should be faster than us motor to motor, but for 4 cylinders to stand a chance the easiest way to do so is to get forced induction
Take off your turbo and see where you hang............

The stock LNF is producing over 15psi which is greater than 1 atmospheric level, so your 2.0L 4-cyl makes the power of a naturally aspirated 4.0+ L V8. The ones I have been tuning produce the equivalent of 5.0L V8s.

You could take my mustang for example, on low boost I produce the equivalent of a naturally aspirated 7.4L. I'm not going to go walk up to a Viper and say "Yeah, but you needed 10-cylinders to keep up with me"
Old 02-20-2009, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by 007Buff
Like everyone has already said, your F/I 4 cylinder is just about as equal to my v8 Mustang. And I dont just have 8 cylinders, I also have a F/I 4 cylinder car like alot of people on here.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:20 AM

nice vid

i raced my buddies 08GT and he beat me stock for stock

but i was catching up to him in the higher gears too

Quick Reply: 06 mustang gt vs 09 cobalt ss