War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

06 mustang gt vs 09 cobalt ss

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 11:29 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by PimpLay2
nice vid

i raced my buddies 08GT and he beat me stock for stock

but i was catching up to him in the higher gears too
And how does he fair with your new tune? LOL!

Originally Posted by FutureEcotecOwner
Like everyone has already said, your F/I 4 cylinder is just about as equal to my v8 Mustang. And I dont just have 8 cylinders, I also have a F/I 4 cylinder car like alot of people on here.
I get to drive F/I V8 so it's like the best of both worlds.

Last edited by Psykostevo; 02-20-2009 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-20-2009, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thats why i didnt even mention it ahahahahahahaha

i pull him by a few buses lol.. esp off of digs (dont ask me why)

he cant get better then a 14.2 in an 08 GT?
Old 02-20-2009, 11:31 AM

Yeah, Supermantx posted a vid of a stock LNF vs his LNF that I tuned and I'd say he laid about 2 buses on him fast.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:35 AM

the cant get better then a 14.2 in an 08 GT?
Wow... that's crappy.

I mean, I could understand if you lived in Denver or something, but I don't think the elevation is that high in Pittsburg.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Psykostevo
And how does he fair with your new tune? LOL!

I get to drive F/I V8 so it's like the best of both worlds.
You wouldnt believe how many turbo'd or S/C'ed Mustangs there are in my City. Hell there are like 3 within a 1/4 mile of my house, LOL. One guy has an 06 GT with a turbo and was pushing well over 500rwhp and 500rwtq, but he blew the motor on purpose just so he could have it built, LOL. I wanna get a Kenne Bell for my GT, but I dont think I wanna put out that kind of money right now.

14.2, there are 99-04 GT's that can run that. And there are guys who have ran a 13.2 stock in their 05+ GT. He needs the driver mod bad, unless the track just sucked that bad.

Last edited by FutureEcotecOwner; 02-20-2009 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-20-2009, 12:22 PM

that had my blood pumping!
Old 02-20-2009, 12:24 PM

14.2, there are 99-04 GT's that can run that.
Yeah, my friend's '01 GT went 14.1 bone stock w/ an OK 60' (2.1), and my dad's '01 GT went 14.2 w/ catback and a crappy 60' (2.2 ... I matched that in my open-diff, stock-ish V6 Mustang).
Old 02-20-2009, 12:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 04YellowGT
I live in a town of about 10,000 people and there are 5-6 SS/SC and a few TCs.

The Cobalts are just like the Mustangs you see tons of the base cars running around and a few of the higher trims too.

If it wasn't for the V6 stangs there would be no Mustang GTs, Cobras, or GT500s, just like if it wasn't for the base Cobalts there wouldn't be SSs.

The lower trim models are what allow the higher trims to exist.
Good point. I understand what you're saying.

Perhaps my city is just strange then. I see lower trim Cobalts fairly often. (LS's and LT's even "Sports" are rare around here) But it's still true that I rarely EVER see an SS/SC. I can only think of two. One I saw in 05 when they first arrived and one this year. My neighbor had one. Oh wait... 3. But that's all. Not once an SS/TC although like I said I know of two others at least from this website. Same with my RSX-S I had... I saw...let me see... 5 other Type-S's. Raced one... that was awesome.
To get mine they had to go out of state about 250 miles to get it.

But I understand your point. Well said.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Blainestang
Yeah, my friend's '01 GT went 14.1 bone stock w/ an OK 60' (2.1), and my dad's '01 GT went 14.2 w/ catback and a crappy 60' (2.2 ... I matched that in my open-diff, stock-ish V6 Mustang).
There is no way in hell a stock 2000 3.8L v6 Mustang is running anything but 15's. By saying stockish you must have something that gives it quite a bit of power.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:47 PM

There is no way in hell a stock 2000 3.8L v6 Mustang is running anything but 15's. By saying stockish you must have something that gives it quite a bit of power.
I meant that I matched the 60' time (2.2) with my open-diff, stockish V6... not the 1/4-mile time. In *current* form, my N/A 3.8 should run deep into the 14's, but not when it was essentially stock. I was just saying the GT's were capable of even better 60's and, therefore, ET's.

BTW, Evan Smith took a stock (minus spare) '99 V6 to a 14.94. I've never heard of anyone else doing it though.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:51 PM

I meant that I matched the 60' time (2.2) with my open-diff, stockish V6... not the 1/4-mile time. In *current* form, my N/A 3.8 should run deep into the 14's, but not when it was essentially stock. I was just saying the GT's were capable of even better 60's and, therefore, ET's.

BTW, Evan Smith took a stock (minus spare) '99 V6 to a 14.94. I've never heard of anyone else doing it though.
Oh ok, I can see the 60' time being around the same, but not the 1/4 mile, LOL. And that is because Evan Smith is a beast of a driver. He also took a 99-04 GT to what, a 13.7 stock?
Old 02-20-2009, 01:48 PM

Oh ok, I can see the 60' time being around the same, but not the 1/4 mile, LOL. And that is because Evan Smith is a beast of a driver. He also took a 99-04 GT to what, a 13.7 stock?
Yeah... 13.7 for the 99-04 GT.

13.1 in a stock Mach 1
12.9 in a stock LS1 F-body
12.4 in a stock '03 Cobra

... the list goes on
Old 02-20-2009, 03:14 PM

He cheats!
Old 02-20-2009, 03:20 PM
Banned

He isn't human.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:07 PM

Yeah... 13.7 for the 99-04 GT.

13.1 in a stock Mach 1
12.9 in a stock LS1 F-body
12.4 in a stock '03 Cobra

... the list goes on
He is definately a beast of another kind. I wish he was as good at driving FWD cars as he is RWD cars, I would like to see what he can do with a stock SS/TC.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:37 PM

i think evan smith would be offended if someone asked him to track a fwd car
Old 02-20-2009, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Zander916
I hate Stangs cause everyone and their brother, sister, mother, father, uncle, aunt, cousin, and probably the damn dog own or want one. Drives me nuts....

Old 02-20-2009, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by cakeeater
i think evan smith would be offended if someone asked him to track a fwd car
Probably, but you never know. I dont think I've ever read an article about him running a FWD car down the track, but who knows.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:18 PM

Maybe it's just where I live, but there are tons of Mustangs around here and a very large Mustang Club, and all they do is mind their business. I have never once been out in my Cobalt and had a Mustang try and race me, and it's been about 7 months now. I know alot of the guys and they do all their racing at the track and dont like to street race, and I guess others just dont street race. I know there are Mustang drivers out there that talk **** about how their car is the greatest, but I dont really care for those Mustang owners that much. And I didnt know with your mods to your SS/SC you were running low 13's to high 12's.
It must be the area I live in......my son got harrassed by one today.....same thing that happened to me last two weekends ago. They come up on your ass, back off, come up on your ass. My son (has a black 05 SS/SC) waived the guy once they got side by side. Pulled him by half a car.
Obviously my mods don't get me into the 12's. Quarter mile times are not the onlly measure of the car. These damn things pull hard on the highway, very enjoyable. Like I said, I respect the Mustang. Just some of the folks that own them believe they can dominate. This guy that ran my son was laughing at him. When my son got to the right lane and let the gentleman pass, he wouldn't even look at him. Same reaction I had. I actually rolled down my window to give him some kudo's but I got blown off. NHRA stickers, pod gauges and all.
At 46 years of age I've seen all the restyled Mustangs, Camaros come and go. I've wrenced on the big three for well over 25. If someone gave me a Mustang Cobra I would sell it for a GM....
Old 02-20-2009, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by shadowfaxss
It must be the area I live in......my son got harrassed by one today.....same thing that happened to me last two weekends ago. They come up on your ass, back off, come up on your ass. My son (has a black 05 SS/SC) waived the guy once they got side by side. Pulled him by half a car.
Obviously my mods don't get me into the 12's. Quarter mile times are not the onlly measure of the car. These damn things pull hard on the highway, very enjoyable. Like I said, I respect the Mustang. Just some of the folks that own them believe they can dominate. This guy that ran my son was laughing at him. When my son got to the right lane and let the gentleman pass, he wouldn't even look at him. Same reaction I had. I actually rolled down my window to give him some kudo's but I got blown off. NHRA stickers, pod gauges and all.
At 46 years of age I've seen all the restyled Mustangs, Camaros come and go. I've wrenced on the big three for well over 25. If someone gave me a Mustang Cobra I would sell it for a GM....
I know 1/4 mile times arent the only measure of a car, but if you want a real race, go to the track, 1/8 or 1/4 mile. A roll race does have its ups and downs, and of course an SS/SC or SS/TC, or pretty much any FWD turbo'd car is gonna have a better chance against alot of cars from a roll, but that doesnt mean you dont race from a dig or at the track because you know you will lose, learn to launch the car and then you wont have a problem with any race. There are ******** drivers everywhere, in all types of cars, I see it on a daily basis, but I also know tons of Mustang owners who would never be a dick on the streets or the track. And if someone gave you a Mustang Cobra, from 03 or 04 and you sold it for GM, then you are obviously a GM guy and not a real car enthusiast, especially if you dont care for the 03-04 Cobras. And unless you're running into the 12's, there is now way your smoking new GT's or Cobras, or Mach 1's that are stock.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:38 PM

I know 1/4 mile times arent the only measure of a car, but if you want a real race, go to the track, 1/8 or 1/4 mile. A roll race does have its ups and downs, and of course an SS/SC or SS/TC, or pretty much any FWD turbo'd car is gonna have a better chance against alot of cars from a roll, but that doesnt mean you dont race from a dig or at the track because you know you will lose, learn to launch the car and then you wont have a problem with any race. There are ******** drivers everywhere, in all types of cars, I see it on a daily basis, but I also know tons of Mustang owners who would never be a dick on the streets or the track. And if someone gave you a Mustang Cobra, from 03 or 04 and you sold it for GM, then you are obviously a GM guy and not a real car enthusiast, especially if you dont care for the 03-04 Cobras. And unless you're running into the 12's, there is now way your smoking new GT's or Cobras, or Mach 1's that are stock.
Thanks. I appreciate your input.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by shadowfaxss
I've seen more cocky Cobalt owners around my area than any other car.

I had a Cobalt pull up beside me and start laughing and the driver and passenger both gave me the thumbs down. They then proceded to gun it, after they got about two cars out I hit it and blew past them. I asked if they wanted to line them up and the driver replied with "No, I didn't know you were supercharged." That isn't the first Cobalt that tried that **** with me only to back out only after they heard the blower or saw a little bit of what my car had.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by 04YellowGT
I've seen more cocky Cobalt owners around my area than any other car.

I had a Cobalt pull up beside me and start laughing and the driver and passenger both gave me the thumbs down. They then proceded to gun it, after they got about two cars out I hit it and blew past them. I asked if they wanted to line them up and the driver replied with "No, I didn't know you were supercharged." That isn't the first Cobalt that tried that **** with me only to back out only after they heard the blower or saw a little bit of what my car had.
My freind (his is pushing a little over 500hp)has a Cobra like yours, very respectable car. Just not my cup of tea. Not bashing....I'm just not a fan of Ford Engineering. The supercharged V8 sure does make a difference. You couldn't have seen more cocky cobalt drivers (I'm calling bullshit) because we all know they drive Vdubs.