War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

06 SS S/C vs 94 5.0 vs SRT-4 STG 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 04:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 06 SS S/C vs 94 5.0 vs SRT-4 STG 2

Alright so heres the story...years back me and this kid had all kinds of beef with each other...up until recently he used to roll past my house and rev the **** out of his car when hed go by...so for about 3 weeks this went on...i finally saw the kid at a party and was talking to him about his car and all kinds of **** that he has done and what not...well we ended up killin the fued(sp?) and became pretty good buddies...so after talking to him about what he had done: Cam, Edlebrock Intake Manifold, CAI, Shorty headers, X-Pipe. Well after hearing what he had done and after hearing his car in person i was a bit sketchy but wanted to run him just cause i had to know...so tonight was up and down. had some fun with the girl, then got a call from a friend that one of my childhood friends that i grew up with got in an accident and was in ICU and had a chance of possible cardiac arrest cause her blood pressure and heart rate couldnt stablize, and her bf is on the brink of death from suffering severe left brain damage(say a pray for them plz). so im pullin up to the house and my bro jumps out and wants me to go get zigzags so he can smoke me out to make me feel better. well coming back from the gas station this kid with the stang just comes out from no where and lines up next to me at the light....ooooOOOOOoo was i waiting for this night to finally happen..both of us riding passenger btw...so the light hits green, i get a good jump on him, and he comes up to the ass end of my car in 2nd, but because of that beautiful 7k redline it helps a great deal cause while he sifted in to third i pulled up at the end of 2nd and rammed it into 3rd...3rd gear just ******* pullled and i mean ****** PULLED on this kid ******* HARD! by about mid of 4th so about 130 he was back about 4-5 cars. The best ****** adreline rush ive had in a long time....so i drop my bro off and save the smoke-out session for next time..so this kid follows me home and tells me theres some races gettin set up over at the mall...so i head out there and long and behold theres a srt-4...sights just automated on that car...so i start shootin the **** with the owner and talk to him about what hes got done and what i got done and all that good stuff...so finally after enough talking hes down to race...so make a loop around so everyone can see the race...so we line up at the light it hits green..i get quite possibly the best launch in the world ive ever had with my car. jump on him pretty hard,hes spinnin in 2nd but comin up to about my driver side door, and when i put it into 3rd i just start walking away from him...just an absolute dynamite night and after the kill we pulled over and chatted and he was ****** cool about it and didnt give me any excuses...so it was a great night for racing and my sex life but a bad night for my friend...but hey you gotta make the best of things right. i feel like a total bad ass right now ...next time ill have the camera set up so i can shut up all the ppl that try and raise the bs flag on me. God bless America. Happy 4th of July.
Old 07-04-2006, 04:39 AM

good kills man, i cant wait to get my car turboed so i can have fun with the srt4's. oh and sorry to hear about your freind man, i hope she will be alright
Old 07-04-2006, 04:41 AM

appreciate it mang...u savin up for that turbo right now?
Old 07-04-2006, 06:17 AM

all good dude. nice readin stories true or not but i do believe you on this one i can tell that you didnt make it up. nice wins but i still cant believe you peeps in the states(USA) are doin 130MPH on this car. dude i was goin like 140km/h today and thats somewhere around 100MPH. now at 140km/h in a 100km/h zone if i were caught my licence = gone for anywhere from 3 months to 3 years. but i know that adrenilin rush man i've felt it and done it. like 160km/h in a 60 zone lol and that place usually has cops all over. its a rush for sure. glad to hear you owned those cars and you didnt get pulled over but i really do hope your friends will recover. i dont really pray, but i will think about them and ask my God to help them recover to the same people they were before. peace out.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:55 AM

Nice man. My next 2 mods are stage 2 w/ 2.8 and weapon-r header. For $700 is the header worth it?
Old 07-04-2006, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Zoomyjs
all good dude. nice readin stories true or not but i do believe you on this one i can tell that you didnt make it up. nice wins but i still cant believe you peeps in the states(USA) are doin 130MPH on this car. dude i was goin like 140km/h today and thats somewhere around 100MPH. now at 140km/h in a 100km/h zone if i were caught my licence = gone for anywhere from 3 months to 3 years. but i know that adrenilin rush man i've felt it and done it. like 160km/h in a 60 zone lol and that place usually has cops all over. its a rush for sure. glad to hear you owned those cars and you didnt get pulled over but i really do hope your friends will recover. i dont really pray, but i will think about them and ask my God to help them recover to the same people they were before. peace out.
ya man thats how we do it out here...were ****** crazy bastards us americans . i appreciate your sympathy for my friend too.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by l Sh1ft l
Nice man. My next 2 mods are stage 2 w/ 2.8 and weapon-r header. For $700 is the header worth it?
that 2.8 is gonna be killer, espiecally with that header...the WR header is great cause it means no cat and its a long tube, all the other headers either still leave u with a cat or are shorties...so the tq gains along from the long tube is worth it. make sure u shop around for the WR header and get the best price too.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:53 AM

yep i got money saved up..but i cant decide if i wanna turbo the 2.2 or just trade it in for a 2.0
Old 07-05-2006, 04:08 AM

Nice kills Victory! Now go FIRE IT UP! Hope your friends are doing better too!
Old 07-05-2006, 04:22 AM

Nice story, were you still high when you wrote it? I have to call BS on the SRT-4 kill, either that or he was lying about his mods.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by blab10
Nice story, were you still high when you wrote it? I have to call BS on the SRT-4 kill, either that or he was lying about his mods.
Do you have an SRT-4? Have you ever beaten one in a Cobalt? I have, stock for stock. Victory did say he got an amazing launch and the SRT was spinning in 2nd. I don't find it hard to believe. Victory also has some pretty beefy mods as well.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by 06' SS2SS
Do you have an SRT-4? Have you ever beaten one in a Cobalt? I have, stock for stock. Victory did say he got an amazing launch and the SRT was spinning in 2nd. I don't find it hard to believe. Victory also has some pretty beefy mods as well.
Pretty beefy mods? All I see he has is stage 2, CAI, header, and exhaust. Not too beefy if you ask me. I have an SRT-4 and my roommate has a Cobalt SS/SC (look at my sig) with more mods than Victory and guess who wins when we race. I guess I can give the benefit of the doubt and assume the driver of the SRT-4 sucks.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:59 AM

Pretty beefy mods? All I see he has is stage 2, CAI, header, and exhaust. Not too beefy if you ask me. I have an SRT-4 and my roommate has a Cobalt SS/SC (look at my sig) with more mods than Victory and guess who wins when we race. I guess I can give the benefit of the doubt and assume the driver of the SRT-4 sucks.
but the SS/SC looks hotter ;p
Old 07-05-2006, 05:01 AM

Most definitely!!
Old 07-05-2006, 02:53 PM

Ricer...
Old 07-05-2006, 02:57 PM

He never said what mods he had to begin with. Probably just the typical rice mods, CAI, BOV and worthless stage 1.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:34 PM

Worthless Stage 1 eh?
Old 07-05-2006, 03:53 PM

nice kills, good too see your not afraid to talk about a smoke out session haha.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Self
Ricer...

lol my gf is always cracking on srt-4s. They look aite but speed does not lie.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:43 PM

He never said what mods he had to begin with. Probably just the typical rice mods, CAI, BOV and worthless stage 1.
as a matter of fact, he has iceman intake, downpipe, stgs 1 and 2, so he has the ecu, fuel upgrade, waistgate and the toys that come with stg 2...the stgs for u guys really dont make that big of a diff really unless its the mopar stg 3 turbo or agp...believe me i know...my bro has stock turbo on his srt and beat a srt with the stg 3. if u dont believe me about my bro then go on www.norcalsrt4.com and look up orangeblast. i probably know more about ur car then u do.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:45 PM

whos to say that your roommate doesnt suck at driving?
Old 07-05-2006, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by VictoryRed06
as a matter of fact, he has iceman intake, downpipe, stgs 1 and 2, so he has the ecu, fuel upgrade, waistgate and the toys that come with stg 2...the stgs for u guys really dont make that big of a diff really unless its the mopar stg 3 turbo or agp...believe me i know...my bro has stock turbo on his srt and beat a srt with the stg 3. if u dont believe me about my bro then go on www.norcalsrt4.com and look up orangeblast. i probably know more about ur car then u do.
Would you like to put money on that kid? Where can I get one of these "waistgates" at? And I would l love to know how he is running stage 2 toys on a stage 1 pcm...
Old 07-05-2006, 09:00 PM

Sorry to say this, but why are you srt's guys such dicks, when you all say you beat a car faster than yalls we congradulate yall, why not do the same for us.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:15 PM

Were not all dicks. Some guys just cant drive or they have a boost leak or the wrong supporting mods. USUALLY - not always, but usually a Stage 2 SRT-4 with no boost leaks and a good driver can run in the 12's. Im Stage 2 with toys so I can understand how some SRT guys get their feathers ruffled when someone posts they beat an SRT with a car thats USUALLY slower. Same as someone with something like a 16 second car saying they killed a supercharged Cobalt. Right away you want to raise the BS flag, but it can happen. I still want to line up with a Cobalt SS/SC for the fun of it to see what it can do. Good runs!!
Old 07-05-2006, 10:06 PM

Would you like to put money on that kid? Where can I get one of these "waistgates" at? And I would l love to know how he is running stage 2 toys on a stage 1 pcm...
sure we can put money on that...sorry i have a hard time spelling so youll have to forgive me on that just like how ill forgive u for being an ass and making fun of me for that. alot of ppl dont always buy the stage kits...he could have gone around and bought the 682cc injectors, and the 3.0 sensor from ppl who were parting there car out. if u want a wastegate im sure u can find one on modernperformace or places like that. so tell me how he could run those toys on a stage 1 pcm? i know hed run rich but its not gonna affect him greatly...your cars come pig rich out the factory anyways...he could always get an emanage or an safc unit or wideband and lean it out that way.

Quick Reply: 06 SS S/C vs 94 5.0 vs SRT-4 STG 2