War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

06 SS/SC vs. 03 cammed RSX-S

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 11:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 SS/SC vs. 03 cammed RSX-S (updated 12-18-05)

RSX-s : IPS cams, intake, header, exhaust, kpro (fully tuneable computer)

SS/SC : stock.

conditions: dark cold and rainy...

First run: around 60-65, i was in third. i punched it then let off cause he didnt go. as soon as i let off, he went so i punched it too, he got a jump and slowly pulled away from me. needless to say, we didnt keep that one

Second run: we slowed back down, i got down into second, around high 4ks to about 5k...three honks and go. i leaped on him and put him back at my rear bumper and i very slowly (almost a creep) walked away up to 120 and i let off

Third Run: same result, shut it down at 110 though cause i had my window down too far and it start to do the aerodynamic flap in the wind...

then my buddy with a stock type s wanted to run, and at that point i had decided hes no long worth my gas so i let him race himself...heh. when we finally pulled offthe highway, the guy with the cammed rsx definately commented that he underestimated my car. it felt goooood. first time ive really ran someone in this thing...surprised me too...

EDIT: i forgot, he also has springs with titanium retainers that have let him rev to 9k
Old 12-04-2005, 11:55 PM

Very nice. I would recommend waiting til it's dry out to race next time. High speeds+rain
Old 12-04-2005, 11:56 PM
Banned

erm, I believe this but that RSX-S should have beaten you up some more.... unless your SS/SC is a factory freak. I've seen just full exhaust with header mowing SS/SC's down..
Old 12-05-2005, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Cobalt_Supercharged
Very nice. I would recommend waiting til it's dry out to race next time. High speeds+rain
it was on a straight road, roads were wet but rain was just drizzle my then...i know the road though, there arent any hydroplane spots...

Originally Posted by sneaky
erm, I believe this but that RSX-S should have beaten you up some more.... unless your SS/SC is a factory freak. I've seen just full exhaust with header mowing SS/SC's down..
err, they shouldnt...now the 05s with I/H/E would be about the same but a tad slower...
Old 12-05-2005, 07:55 AM

for the non-believers...it isnt fully tuned yet, hes running a little rich on the low cam, and a lil more rich on the high cam. the cam angles are set by the calibration hes running to answer that question in advance...

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...55#post7877155
Old 12-05-2005, 08:45 AM
Banned

nice. ok. sounds better.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Dman
err, they shouldnt...now the 05s with I/H/E would be about the same but a tad slower...
Yup correct. I'm always over there fighting with them that stock for stock its not a drivers race, but its still my opinion. But then its always the cobalts owners that can't seem to drive there cars or can only run a 15.3 get cought on tape racing stock type-s's and losing. Posted vids of me stock beating a I/RH/E/hondata #4 3 outta 5 times and it took them a couple days to start beliving its true. And the only reason i got nosed out those two races is because he had full suspenion/tires/torque brace etc, so he could launch the **** outta me and i had to launch at 1800 to 2000 rpms so he would get up in his power band first and barely fend me off before the quarter mile was over.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:00 PM

indeed, they are top end cars thats for sure...once he irons out the kinks in his tune it might be a little closer but ive already got plans to get a intake and exhaust before a second run will happen...muhahaha
Old 12-05-2005, 11:10 PM

indeed, they are top end cars thats for sure...once he irons out the kinks in his tune it might be a little closer but ive already got plans to get a intake and exhaust before a second run will happen...muhahaha
Screw that intake crap throw the pulley on your car with the welfare airbox mod and ghetto boost bypass My cars a beast right now with it. $65 dollar pulley off ebay, 25$ dollars at a parts shop to get it pressed on did install myself with help from walk thru on redline forums. its like a totally different car.and pulls harder than any intake will help out. I can tell you no full bolt on rsx is seeing me now. especially from a roll. Best and cheapest mod i've ever done in my life honestly.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:04 AM

im gonna get the 2.8" pulley when the stage one kit comes out...
Old 12-06-2005, 11:12 AM

im gonna get the 2.8" pulley when the stage one kit comes out...
Im telling you man they'll never see it coming...Im ganna promote this pully thing because i didn't relize what i was missing out on
Old 12-07-2005, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Darksun280
Im telling you man they'll never see it coming...Im ganna promote this pully thing because i didn't relize what i was missing out on
well see, what i plan to do with the car after i put that intake is to just stay out of boost as much as possible, then when one wants to go ill punch it and nail his ass...muhahaha
Old 12-18-2005, 02:12 PM

update:

the guy with the rsx came with us to the dyno yesterday (saturday). on his best run, he made about 209hp. same mods with some tuning. i could see his car easily making 215...but thats besides the point. we did 2 more runs since it wasnt raining and it was good a cool out, plus he didnt have a passenger this time (a lil more even weight wise)

first run: he punched it slightly before i did, he got a 1/4 of a car lead my front bumper pretty we stayed right there, everytime someone would shift, the other person would gain slightly.

second run: same result...

one of our friends got the race from behind...waiting for him to get it off his camera...so ill post it up when it gets up...

the funny thing is that the rest of the cars in our group COULDNT keep up at all...hes got some other good vids that i wanna get up too, some flybys and whatnot...
Old 12-18-2005, 02:20 PM
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
update:

the guy with the rsx came with us to the dyno yesterday (saturday). on his best run, he made about 209hp. same mods with some tuning. i could see his car easily making 215...but thats besides the point. we did 2 more runs since it wasnt raining and it was good a cool out, plus he didnt have a passenger this time (a lil more even weight wise)

first run: he punched it slightly before i did, he got a 1/4 of a car lead my front bumper pretty we stayed right there, everytime someone would shift, the other person would gain slightly.

second run: same result...

one of our friends got the race from behind...waiting for him to get it off his camera...so ill post it up when it gets up...

the funny thing is that the rest of the cars in our group COULDNT keep up at all...hes got some other good vids that i wanna get up too, some flybys and whatnot...
those #'s seem about right for the mods he has w/ tune. i'm sure he can get more better #'s w/ a better tune but it's such a PITA.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:51 PM

yeah, hes gonna take it to this guy in greensboro who is gonna give him a much better tune...after that he will definately slowly walk it...unless my intake and exhaust make that much of a difference like it did that one guy on here who made 250...
Old 12-18-2005, 08:42 PM

yeah, hes gonna take it to this guy in greensboro who is gonna give him a much better tune...after that he will definately slowly walk it...unless my intake and exhaust make that much of a difference like it did that one guy on here who made 250...
I personally think the exhaust will help more than the intake. But thean again there always a $65 Pulley off ebay that will take care of all bolt on rsx's for good.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:25 PM

you are hardcore rubbin this pulley thing on me...lol

who all makes the 2.8?
Old 12-18-2005, 09:26 PM
Platinum Member

I personally think the exhaust will help more than the intake. But thean again there always a $65 Pulley off ebay that will take care of all bolt on rsx's for good.
are you a salesman for that company or something?
Old 12-18-2005, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by DC52NV
are you a salesman for that company or something?
hahaha its just that it still amazes me that for $65 dollars you could get so much. I mean really. Every time my boost guage hits 18 psi it brings a tear to my eye.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:52 PM
Banned

HAHAHA....ooooooooooooook.

Dman what computer is your buddy using? Why can't he tune it himself?
Old 12-18-2005, 11:05 PM
Premium Member

He's stock by the way. Which is like a shot to the ***** for me.
Nice quote from your buddy's post on the forums you linked
Old 12-19-2005, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by wasey13

its a kpro made by hondata...its a fully tunable (ignition/cam angles/fuel tables) ecu. its really meant for pro's or people that are taught on how to use it. its an amazing little piece though
Old 12-19-2005, 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by wasey13

Awww what you think little old me couldn't take care of a tuned bolt on rsx if I had only a pulley? Your right though, I only run low 15's hign 14's on a good day on a down hill track.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:08 AM

its a kpro made by hondata...its a fully tunable (ignition/cam angles/fuel tables) ecu. its really meant for pro's or people that are taught on how to use it. its an amazing little piece though
I though that the K-pro was diffent to the hondata? Cause what i've seen the hondata ones have been faster. Or may be it's all the same **** and I didn't know? I hang out on the club rsx boards enough you would think I would pay attention to some of the stuff that goes on over there.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:22 AM
Platinum Member

I though that the K-pro was diffent to the hondata? Cause what i've seen the hondata ones have been faster. Or may be it's all the same **** and I didn't know? I hang out on the club rsx boards enough you would think I would pay attention to some of the stuff that goes on over there.
k-pro is made by hondata. there is a hondata #4 ecu reflash, which is what i have, and there is k-pro which lets you tune your car to your settings. w/ the reflash it tunes it one time w/ the current mods and lowers your vtec engage point to 5200rpms from 5800rpms stock and redlines at 8600rpms compared to stock at 7900rpms for my year model. their website gets more precise but just a lil info i thought i would share.

Quick Reply: 06 SS/SC vs. 03 cammed RSX-S