War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

06 SS/SC vs. 03 cammed RSX-S

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 02:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DC52NV
k-pro is made by hondata. there is a hondata #4 ecu reflash, which is what i have, and there is k-pro which lets you tune your car to your settings. w/ the reflash it tunes it one time w/ the current mods and lowers your vtec engage point to 5200rpms from 5800rpms stock and redlines at 8600rpms compared to stock at 7900rpms for my year model. their website gets more precise but just a lil info i thought i would share.
Oh yeah makes sense cause still to this day the kpro ones still put up a much better fight than the hondata #4 ones. When i see it it's like "Damn same mods but that one there pulls much harder"
Old 12-19-2005, 03:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dman
its a kpro made by hondata...its a fully tunable (ignition/cam angles/fuel tables) ecu. its really meant for pro's or people that are taught on how to use it. its an amazing little piece though
Tell him to bug the guys at Hondata they are awesome... especially since he is running an aftermarket cam.

Originally Posted by Darksun280
Awww what you think little old me couldn't take care of a tuned bolt on rsx if I had only a pulley? Your right though, I only run low 15's hign 14's on a good day on a down hill track.
A fully bolted on RSX with no internals and tuning is in a completely different league then you. Can you say 12s NA? With cams mid-12s are possible.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by wasey13
A fully bolted on RSX with no internals and tuning is in a completely different league then you. Can you say 12s NA? With cams mid-12s are possible.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:31 AM
Banned

at your ignorance.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:38 AM

at your ignorance.
Yeah i'll remember that next time im stomping on a tunedbolt on rsx. I'll let them know that wasey13 from my car forum said that your suposed to be in a different league than me. I know what we'll do, we'll keep me stock and keep giving the rsx mods till it wins. Oh yeah and no rsx-s tune be damned is running that kinda time on stock tires. So you should add that to there mods list too.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:42 AM
Banned

Yeah i'll remember that next time im stomping on a tunedbolt on rsx. I'll let them know that wasey13 from my car forum said that your suposed to be in a different league than me. I know what we'll do, we'll keep me stock and keep giving the rsx mods till it wins. Oh yeah and no rsx-s tune be damned is running that kinda time on stock tires. So you should add that to there mods list too.
How are tires put on a car?
Old 12-19-2005, 03:44 AM

How are tires put on a car?
? what are you getting at. Im not getting your point.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:48 AM
Banned

? what are you getting at. Im not getting your point.
What kind of mod do you consider slicks and skinnies??? If it's not bolt ons?
Old 12-19-2005, 03:59 AM

What kind of mod do you consider slicks and skinnies??? If it's not bolt ons?
honestly speaking never conciderd them a bolt on. It was all ways a sparate thing. I mean if you showed up to a race on slicks a guy might back out. But than again you show up to a race with a cold air or header thats conciderd part of the motor work. Not sure if im exsplaining that good but i guess i can see how radials or slicks count as a bolt on. You win this argument wasey.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:11 AM
Banned

honestly speaking never conciderd them a bolt on. It was all ways a sparate thing. I mean if you showed up to a race on slicks a guy might back out. But than again you show up to a race with a cold air or header thats conciderd part of the motor work. Not sure if im exsplaining that good but i guess i can see how radials or slicks count as a bolt on. You win this argument wasey.
I apologize for being an ass at first, I just think you are underestimating what the RSXs can do and/or are capable of doing.

Have you done any basic weight reduction? My buddies RSX with 2538lbs and roughly 230whp NA, kpro, no internals, on slicks and skinnies ran 12.9, stock tranny and axles. He was the 2nd to do it. I know at least one more has done it, probably more. There is no reason why the Cobalts shouldn't be there already.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:40 AM

I apologize for being an ass at first, I just think you are underestimating what the RSXs can do and/or are capable of doing.

Have you done any basic weight reduction? My buddies RSX with 2538lbs and roughly 230whp NA, kpro, no internals, on slicks and skinnies ran 12.9, stock tranny and axles. He was the 2nd to do it. I know at least one more has done it, probably more. There is no reason why the Cobalts shouldn't be there already.
Nah i have an idea. A kid around my way has that k20a motor (thats the one form the rsx-s right) in a hatchback bolt ons and a k-pro tune and the car flies. So right there i saw what weight can do. I don't know what the hell gm was thinking when they made this car. There formula for how they put the car together be it gearing, weight, or stock power adder, sometimes I take a step back and im like " What the hell ARE you suposed to be really good at?"
Old 12-19-2005, 07:14 AM

i honestly dont know anyone with a cobalt that has slapped slicks on them yet anyways...and yeah, those 12.9 cars were stripped interior cars too. and who considers slicks a mod?? i call that track wear...lol...seriously never thought about slicks that way, cause i mean, i dont know anyone who just drives around town with slicks on. thats like saying, when i wanna run fast, i add a bottle of jack to giver' a lil pep...

his car isnt making 230 yet either, which is why i said when he gets it tuned again he will start to walk away, unless my intake and exhaust makes as much as a difference as everyone says it will...
Old 12-19-2005, 11:01 AM
Banned

Nah i have an idea. A kid around my way has that k20a motor (thats the one form the rsx-s right) in a hatchback bolt ons and a k-pro tune and the car flies. So right there i saw what weight can do. I don't know what the hell gm was thinking when they made this car. There formula for how they put the car together be it gearing, weight, or stock power adder, sometimes I take a step back and im like " What the hell ARE you suposed to be really good at?"
K20a2 is in the type-s. K20a is JDM type-R.
Originally Posted by DMan
i honestly dont know anyone with a cobalt that has slapped slicks on them yet anyways...and yeah, those 12.9 cars were stripped interior cars too. and who considers slicks a mod?? i call that track wear...lol...seriously never thought about slicks that way, cause i mean, i dont know anyone who just drives around town with slicks on. thats like saying, when i wanna run fast, i add a bottle of jack to giver' a lil pep...

his car isnt making 230 yet either, which is why i said when he gets it tuned again he will start to walk away, unless my intake and exhaust makes as much as a difference as everyone says it will...
What do consider stripped interior?? He still had all the carpeting and sound deadining(sp?) material in it. 2538lbs. wasn't that much weight reduction. There is RSXs rolling around at 2100-2200lbs. Oh and yes a lot of people drive around with slicks, at least here they do.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:15 PM

K20a2 is in the type-s. K20a is JDM type-R.

What do consider stripped interior?? He still had all the carpeting and sound deadining(sp?) material in it. 2538lbs. wasn't that much weight reduction. There is RSXs rolling around at 2100-2200lbs. Oh and yes a lot of people drive around with slicks, at least here they do.
Oh sorry its the k20a2 motor than that the kid has. Funny thing though during the summer around here i know kids who won't take off there drag radials off there car no matter what. I keep thining if it rains there dead.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:48 PM

eff that...so your saying the backseat and spare tire weigh ~300 lbs? well if he truely is even 200 lbs lighter than me then he should have walked away...i know he knows how to drive so its not a question of that...

fact is he didnt walk away at all. im not questioning the rsx-s at all, i love them. i just dont get what your trying to argue about here...which is seeming pretty useless
Old 12-19-2005, 07:51 PM
Banned

You must be joking my friend. How is an RSX Type S with full bolt ons in a "different league" than a Cobalt SS S/C with similar mods?? That doesn't make any sense, we're talking about an RSX here, not a Ferarri
Old 12-19-2005, 08:08 PM

Whoa, 2538lbs! Nice, is that with him in the car? Just curious. When I went to the track the other weekend I finally weighed the SS w/ me in it. On an empty tank it was 3010lbs, and I am about 240lbs...so it's interesting that a lot of the magazines say the SS weighs around 2900+lbs while without me it would have weighed roughly 2770ish lbs. Even w/ a full tank that's only around 80lbs extra....hmmm...ah there I go talking to myself again lol..
Old 12-19-2005, 11:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tofu
Whoa, 2538lbs! Nice, is that with him in the car? Just curious. When I went to the track the other weekend I finally weighed the SS w/ me in it. On an empty tank it was 3010lbs, and I am about 240lbs...so it's interesting that a lot of the magazines say the SS weighs around 2900+lbs while without me it would have weighed roughly 2770ish lbs. Even w/ a full tank that's only around 80lbs extra....hmmm...ah there I go talking to myself again lol..
Hmmm... I don't remember if he was in it or not when he weighed it. He weighs 180.

Originally Posted by wesmanw02
You must be joking my friend. How is an RSX Type S with full bolt ons in a "different league" than a Cobalt SS S/C with similar mods?? That doesn't make any sense, we're talking about an RSX here, not a Ferarri
Keep reading.
Originally Posted by Dman
eff that...so your saying the backseat and spare tire weigh ~300 lbs? well if he truely is even 200 lbs lighter than me then he should have walked away...i know he knows how to drive so its not a question of that...

fact is he didnt walk away at all. im not questioning the rsx-s at all, i love them. i just dont get what your trying to argue about here...which is seeming pretty useless
backseat, passenger seat, sub,spare, jack, amp, and a few other things. The arguing has been done for a few posts. I agree with what happened with your rice, nice tie.