War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

06 SS/SC vs 06 WRX

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh yeah... also... hahaha... HKS SSQV for sale... if you know anyone that wants it!! LOL!
Old 09-15-2006, 10:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
HA HA HA...

I was real close to picking up an 06' rex instead of the balt. Hope you enjoy it man, they're great cars.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Edubs
HA HA HA...

I was real close to picking up an 06' rex instead of the balt. Hope you enjoy it man, they're great cars.
Yeah... its definately a real blast... the new engine does wonders... I've actually heard that this engine is underrated... anyone hear that? I know it puts 202 hp/234 ft/tq to the wheels... and I've heard that subies usually have a 20% drivetrain loss... so that should put it around 250 crank hp... anyone know if that could be true... guess I am kinda in the wrong forum... but much respect for the cobalt though... I know I couldn't talk about this in an srt forum... hehe... just playin!
Old 09-15-2006, 02:00 PM

I love the Subarus, but I just hate the loss in top end.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rex030
Yeah... its definately a real blast... the new engine does wonders... I've actually heard that this engine is underrated... anyone hear that? I know it puts 202 hp/234 ft/tq to the wheels... and I've heard that subies usually have a 20% drivetrain loss... so that should put it around 250 crank hp... anyone know if that could be true... guess I am kinda in the wrong forum... but much respect for the cobalt though... I know I couldn't talk about this in an srt forum... hehe... just playin!

Once again not trying to flame but, people say a race between a new WRX and a SS/SC would give the WRX an advantage?

Even if it did have 250BHP that wouldn't be enough to edge out a SS/SC.

I am just using the numbers provided and common sense so.........
Old 09-15-2006, 02:23 PM

Your using numbers. Use good drivers, I think the new 06 can edge the Cobalt out of a 1/4 mile race. If it was a street race and you guys went anywhere past 100mph, you guys should pull them.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by codyss
Once again not trying to flame but, people say a race between a new WRX and a SS/SC would give the WRX an advantage?

Even if it did have 250BHP that wouldn't be enough to edge out a SS/SC.

I am just using the numbers provided and common sense so.........
it's a good thing you got Stage 2 otherwise an 06 would hand you your ass, now you can keep up.
I also agree with poster above, past 100-110 the SS/SC would roll away.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:40 PM

Talking The subies...

Nice kill man! Way to show him who is boss!
Old 09-15-2006, 04:35 PM
Banned

pork do you even realize how damn stupid you are?
Old 09-15-2006, 04:45 PM

raced an 02 scooby about a week ago. he was faster than my friends 02 but not as fast as me. he had a turbo back bov and turbo swap according to him. he says he is going for some kind of stage setup from versus motorsports. he hadn't installed his new fuel system yet, just the turbo so he wasn't running too much boost but was running more than a stock scooby. when I got home I tried to see what he was going to buy but couldnt find much info so I dunno what setup he was running or what kinda power he was pushing. regular wrx's can be fast just takes a crap load o cash.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:00 PM

i know a lil about turbos but not so much when it comes to tuning them. But if you could tune for an atmospheric BOV so the maf is reading correctly wouldnt you be helping your IAT a lil bit by getting rid of that hot air? In turn gettin some more power out of it?
Old 09-15-2006, 07:41 PM

sweet...
Old 09-15-2006, 11:13 PM
Banned

That was seriously uncalled for.

Heads up from a dig with equal drivers a WRX will beat a SS/SC in the 1/4 mi. Look at facts.

Some previous gen WRXs have ran 13.9s STOCK.

A lot of 06 WRXs have ran 13.9s all the way down to 13.7 I believe STOCK.

Not one single SS/SC has broke 13s STOCK.

I love my car, but I know when there are faster cars out there and I definently don't call people stupid for knowin that too.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:17 AM

Thank you for looking at the facts super SS/SC... I'm with you on this one... stock for stock... in the 1/4 mile... I am going with the WRX... after the quarter... I say that the cobalt will slowly pass up the wrx... but thats not until after 110 or so... how many of our cars (wrx and cobalts) have hit that speed in the quarter... STOCK!! I agree with you!
Old 09-17-2006, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by West Palm SRT4
I love the Subarus, but I just hate the loss in top end.

I agree....Any wrx whether its an 02-05 or an 06 will suck up high. With the 2.5L in the 06's its still sucks top end but you get great no lag mid range. But it doesn't help that wrx's come with crappy stock TD04's which are pretty small(which i got rid of cause it sucked). Once the turbo and injectors have been replaced, the wrx will be alive! Them stockers just run outta breath going into 4th gear.

keep in mind....stock wrx turbo is a td04 which is bout the same size as a t25 turbo which found on the older mazdaspeed turbo's. A stock STi turbo most commonly VF30/34/39 are smaller than stock evo turbos which are the td0516G's.

On another note...that's why stock STi's aren't that fast..especially on the highway but that's also due to the 6spd. Great tranny..better than evo but the ratios are off...great for drag but suck for highway. That's why a same hp WRX can be faster than a same hp STi on a roll on the highway. Also stock turbos for STi's aren't a good combo. 2.5L is too big for a tiny VF30/34/or 39....great for WRX's but an STi neeeds a bigger slug...18G+!!
Old 09-18-2006, 08:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by superSS/SC
That was seriously uncalled for.

Heads up from a dig with equal drivers a WRX will beat a SS/SC in the 1/4 mi. Look at facts.

Some previous gen WRXs have ran 13.9s STOCK.

A lot of 06 WRXs have ran 13.9s all the way down to 13.7 I believe STOCK.

Not one single SS/SC has broke 13s STOCK.

I love my car, but I know when there are faster cars out there and I definently don't call people stupid for knowin that too.

When a person says the things he does and the way he does stupid is the nicest thing I could say.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:56 AM

Ive raced one twice and won. Mind you I have a stage 2 and he only had intake exhaust. I would have a very hard time believing the old gen imprezas ran in the 13s. Im sorry but I call BS on that. Whats wrong with people this morning?
Old 09-18-2006, 10:21 AM

When a person says the things he does and the way he does stupid is the nicest thing I could say.
It's ok, Im just one of those people that rub you the wrong way, you seem a little high strung as well. We are just shooting the **** about cars, maybe you just type like your pissed off. No need to get all crazy.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by cobi
i know a lil about turbos but not so much when it comes to tuning them. But if you could tune for an atmospheric BOV so the maf is reading correctly wouldnt you be helping your IAT a lil bit by getting rid of that hot air? In turn gettin some more power out of it?
anyone?
Old 09-18-2006, 10:35 AM
Banned

anyone?
You have to change a lot of things, to be able to tune for it on a scooby.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:54 AM

ok so do the maf's for some other turbo cars not interact like the scooby i.e. srt-4, evo, vw's.
Im just trying to gain some insite as to why someone running a turbo whould want an atmospheric BOV if it caused them to lose power, i understand the maintenance aspect of it by taking the pressure of the turbo but from a performance aspect most people still wouldnt do this if it caused them to lose power.

I guess im assuming that most other cars dont require tuning for it and respond positively to the cold air versus the recirculated air. Either that or their losing power just so they can have a cool sound lol. Or they trade off losing performance by taking stress off the turbo.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:42 AM

ok so do the maf's for some other turbo cars not interact like the scooby i.e. srt-4, evo, vw's.
Im just trying to gain some insite as to why someone running a turbo whould want an atmospheric BOV if it caused them to lose power, i understand the maintenance aspect of it by taking the pressure of the turbo but from a performance aspect most people still wouldnt do this if it caused them to lose power.

I guess im assuming that most other cars dont require tuning for it and respond positively to the cold air versus the recirculated air. Either that or their losing power just so they can have a cool sound lol. Or they trade off losing performance by taking stress off the turbo.
From my previous experience... I loved the 'cool sound'... thats why I bought one without looking into what exactly they did to my old car (03 wrx)... then after I put it on and my car ran horribly... I took it off... and there is no way that its gonna see my 06 wrx! Cars like the srt already have bovs as compared to cars that have recirculating valvues (ie scoobys.... and evos (i think?)) But from what I hear... and I know from a subaru stand point... they do more than just make your car run rich... but I think everyone usually just goes for the 'cool sound' like i did instead of making the car run faster!
Old 09-18-2006, 02:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by pOrk
It's ok, Im just one of those people that rub you the wrong way, you seem a little high strung as well. We are just shooting the **** about cars, maybe you just type like your pissed off. No need to get all crazy.

Sorry it's juat that when I drove my Camaro SS and ran 12's I had to deal with every jackass in his 14 second Mustang.

Now that I drive a 13 second Cobalt SS I have to deal with every jackass in his 14 second Mustang, WRX, SRT-4 and 18 second ricers.

It's hard to tell the difference on the internet of who knows and who thinks they know because someone else told them so.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:51 PM

Stock 06 STi is supposed to run 13.2

I raced a stock 06 wrx when I just barely got my SS/SC and the race was as close as could be. We only raced until around 65ish (at that point I was starting to pull on it) but because of their launch I was .5 a car behind the entire race.

Obviously I'm not a pro driver, and neither was the wrx driver, but it's a close race.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:16 PM

Sorry it's juat that when I drove my Camaro SS and ran 12's I had to deal with every jackass in his 14 second Mustang.

Now that I drive a 13 second Cobalt SS I have to deal with every jackass in his 14 second Mustang, WRX, SRT-4 and 18 second ricers.

It's hard to tell the difference on the internet of who knows and who thinks they know because someone else told them so.
Now the guys with the 12 second cameros have to deal with the jackass in the 13 second cobalt.

Quick Reply: 06 SS/SC vs 06 WRX