War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

06 SS/SC vs. prelude H22

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 06 SS/SC vs. prelude H22

As soon as I got my 06 I immediately began to push it and see how fast it really was. Well, one night my freind stopped by and told me he would take my cobalt easily. Well, we went out on the highway, and did a 45 roll, this is to give him a handycap because until hondas hit v-tec, they got ****. So I signaled for him to go, he hit vtec in 2nd and went and I waited for him to start pulling and then I floored it. I RAPED the prelude badly! It was like he wasn't even trying. (for your info, they are slighty lighter then the ss and have 200hp and 163 lb-ft of torque, jdm motor swap.) On top of that, he has all of the bolt ons! My car only had about 250 miles on it at the time, and of course, completely bone stock.
So, honda, eat my dust bitches!!!! You can't hang with the big boys!
Old 09-15-2006, 04:59 PM

nice kill!
Old 09-15-2006, 05:02 PM

all i can is " BREAK IN PERIOD"
Old 09-15-2006, 05:02 PM

lol yah
Old 09-15-2006, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by burntorange
As soon as I got my 06 I immediately began to push it and see how fast it really was. Well, one night my freind stopped by and told me he would take my cobalt easily. Well, we went out on the highway, and did a 45 roll, this is to give him a handycap because until hondas hit v-tec, they got ****. So I signaled for him to go, he hit vtec in 2nd and went and I waited for him to start pulling and then I floored it. I RAPED the prelude badly! It was like he wasn't even trying. (for your info, they are slighty lighter then the ss and have 200hp and 163 lb-ft of torque, jdm motor swap.) On top of that, he has all of the bolt ons! My car only had about 250 miles on it at the time, and of course, completely bone stock.
I hope you brought your flame suit dude.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:07 PM

i pushed mine like that out of the dealer but it's been driven hard just once in a while after that. It's basically a daily driver and a "race car" once in a while.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by StinkBOMB
I hope you brought your flame suit dude.
LOL. We justed PM'd bout that Stink. I could say a million things in regards to the bold printing which StinkBomb earlier posted right now... I'll restrain myself though w/ only one exception...you say your friend had a handicap because he wasn't in Vtec at the start of the race...just tell him to downshift next time...that might help.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:54 PM

he hit vtec in 2nd , Vtec is found in all gears. It's an agressive cam profile that is actuated by the ECU (Engine Control Unit) at a certain RPM. DA.

Bolt-ons don't mean ****. He could have had a DC sports header, CAI, 2.5in exhaust, cam gears(which are worthless on a stock motor), and cheap intake mani and still would've only had maybe 180-185whp, and MUCH, MUCH less torque than your Balt.
On the other hand, he could've used an SMSP header, 2.5in exhaust, AIR intake mani, and AEM intake which would've netted well over 210whp in his case. Making his car significantly faster than before.

Congrats...you beat a car 7+ years older than yours..

Congrats again..you beat the heaviest coupe Honda there has been other than the S2000.

Finally, in reference to the last statement...like I said in the PM to you earlier..when my Honda is finished...I'll come run with you for a day, (or until you've had enough). And trust me...the SC60-1 doesn't give much mercy to anything other than the SC61.

Bottom line..show some respect..there are plenty of Honda, Acura, Mazda, Toyota owners out there that could beat your setup no doubt. Don't think ANY Honda can be taken by a stock Balt SS/SC. Just that one in particular.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hmmm, you know....talking about "if he had this done" "if he had that done" is generally one of the things that give Honda guys a bad name.

Alot of people do it. but generally the "ubah streetrace crowd" does it most, its called "ricer bullshit"
"if the cobalt had a 75 wetshot" it would have been a HUGE win.......

see how silly that sounds?
Old 09-15-2006, 07:01 PM

Nice I've always wondered how the match up... Street racing is kinda dead by me guess I'll have to pay maney and go to the track
Old 09-15-2006, 10:05 PM

So, honda, eat my dust bitches!!!! You can't hang with the big boys!:usa:
No need to get offended because he beat up on his friend. Now, if this was a Honda forum with lots of angry Honda owners, flame on, but its not. Its just a lil rib poking.

Oscar
Old 09-16-2006, 12:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Fueledpassion
he hit vtec in 2nd , Vtec is found in all gears. It's an agressive cam profile that is actuated by the ECU (Engine Control Unit) at a certain RPM. DA.

Bolt-ons don't mean ****. He could have had a DC sports header, CAI, 2.5in exhaust, cam gears(which are worthless on a stock motor), and cheap intake mani and still would've only had maybe 180-185whp, and MUCH, MUCH less torque than your Balt.
On the other hand, he could've used an SMSP header, 2.5in exhaust, AIR intake mani, and AEM intake which would've netted well over 210whp in his case. Making his car significantly faster than before.

Congrats again..you beat the heaviest coupe Honda there has been other than the S2000.

Finally, in reference to the last statement...like I said in the PM to you earlier..when my Honda is finished...I'll come run with you for a day, (or until you've had enough). And trust me...the SC60-1 doesn't give much mercy to anything other than the SC61.

Bottom line..show some respect..there are plenty of Honda, Acura, Mazda, Toyota owners out there that could beat your setup no doubt. Don't think ANY Honda can be taken by a stock Balt SS/SC. Just that one in particular.

*cough* hater *cough*
Old 09-17-2006, 12:31 PM
Banned

Nice respectful post, with no childish name calling.
Old 09-17-2006, 04:56 PM

Unhappy Sorry...

I am terribly sorry if I really offened some people. That was not intended at all. I was just making fun of my freind who always talks **** to me. For the record, I am an extreme Honda fan, the only reason I got the Cobalt was because my parents made me get a new car. I had a 95 GSR that ran a 14.5 with the usual bolt ons, my best time ever, and also, that prelude ran a 14.2, when he dropped it at 5,200 rpms. So, to me, this is an accomplishment. But like I said earlier, I wasn't trying to start any fights or pick on anyone so if you car forgive me for my poor choice of words I would really appreciate that.
Old 09-17-2006, 05:04 PM

I am terribly sorry if I really offened some people. That was not intended at all. I was just making fun of my freind who always talks **** to me. For the record, I am an extreme Honda fan, the only reason I got the Cobalt was because my parents made me get a new car. I had a 95 GSR that ran a 14.5 with the usual bolt ons, my best time ever, and also, that prelude ran a 14.2, when he dropped it at 5,200 rpms. So, to me, this is an accomplishment. But like I said earlier, I wasn't trying to start any fights or pick on anyone so if you car forgive me for my poor choice of words I would really appreciate that.
That prelude didnt run a 14.2 with just bolt ons, the JDM H22A is a great motor dont get me wrong, but they only run 14.9 when swapped into an accord or prelude and bolt ons aren't going to drop it 7 tenths.

If he really did run a 14.2, then you probably cant drive because you'd be lucky to hit a mid 14.
Old 09-17-2006, 05:17 PM

I think what the orginal poster meant his friend was out of the powerband and he let him bring the RPM's up, not that the Honda guy hit a button and activated vtec.
Old 09-17-2006, 09:02 PM

Sorry...

I am sorry, I did not mean any disrespect. I was having fun, by the way, I am a major H fan, the only reason I have the Cobalt is because my parents made me get rid of my 95 GSR, the best it ran was a 14.6. For the record, my freind's prelude ran a 14.0 in the 1/4 mile, dropping at 5,200 rpms. I thought that is was cool, because has always talked **** to me and I shut him up. So, if any of you guys got offened, I am sincerely sorry. I wasn't trying to start any trouble, that isn't me. I hope you can accept my apology.

Mike
Old 09-17-2006, 09:05 PM

Talking Correct...

I know that VTEC is in every gear and know what it is and how it works, I started at the speed where he is at 5200 rpms, vtec kicks in, so he has full advantage of the car's potential, so when he floored it he was already in VTEC. If you thought that I said he turned it on, well, I am sorry, I should have been clearer.
Old 09-17-2006, 11:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by n8dogg
That prelude didnt run a 14.2 with just bolt ons, the JDM H22A is a great motor dont get me wrong, but they only run 14.9 when swapped into an accord or prelude and bolt ons aren't going to drop it 7 tenths.

If he really did run a 14.2, then you probably cant drive because you'd be lucky to hit a mid 14.
They can very easily pick up 7tenths with just bolt ons.
Old 09-17-2006, 11:55 PM

Stuff that H22 or B-series into a gutted hatch, and I bet you would have got a run for your money.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:35 AM

Hmm, well i just raced a prelude on my way home. I have absolutely no idea what mods he had other than exhaust.

I have Intense stage three and a magnaflow muffler.....

Any guesses who won?
Old 09-18-2006, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by 2K5SS/SC?
Stuff that H22 or B-series into a gutted hatch, and I bet you would have got a run for your money.
stuff a ******...ls7 into a solstice and i bet itll give THAT a running (i say solstice since im not sure its even truly possible or worth it to stuff something like that in a balt.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:18 AM

I'm not offended. But please, hate on the Prelude itself. The Prelude does suck as a race car...just too heavy. The H22 on the other hand...that was a good motor, given it's capability. Just think though, 200+ hp from the factory in the late 90's--> on a four banger FWD...it ain't bad. However, nowadays that's real easy to come by, especially since GM, Crysler and Ford chimmed in on FWD performance.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by campo165
stuff a ******...ls7 into a solstice and i bet itll give THAT a running (i say solstice since im not sure its even truly possible or worth it to stuff something like that in a balt.
Acutally that would result in a tire blazing, uncontrollable street machine. The C6Z06 is barely stout enough to effectively handle the torque produced by that motor. EDIT: That motor in ANYTHING will give EVERYTHING a run. Hand built GM power..totally different league I believe.

I see where your coming from. But H22's are feasible in other smaller Honda's..it's more comparable to swapping a big block into an LS1 powered Camaro.

Just to show I'm not a "hater"...I'm actually going to be one of the few that combines GM LS1 power with a Honda..SIMPLY because it is just as cheap and FAR more rewarding to do this modification as it is to make 400+hp out of a 1.6L turbo. Plus my platform for power is not even close to being maxed out with a smallblock as it is with a Honda with 400hp. I know some of you think it's dumb or a waste of time...but it's not going to take any longer nor will it cost significantly more than building a bulletproof Honda motor, buying a very expensive turbo kit..and building up my drivetrain, sus. etc. to handle the power. Let's not forget tuning as well. Besides..you know you would drive a LS1 powered Honda if you had the opportunity.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:36 AM

nice kill!

Quick Reply: 06 SS/SC vs. prelude H22